Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,981 members, 7,863,493 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:52 PM

Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday (16201 Views)

PDP NWC Submits Reports On Wike As NEC Meets Thursday / Labour Shifts Ground On N1m Minimum Wage As Panel Meets Monday / Onnoghen, Mohammed Reply Queries As NJC Meets Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by Yankee101: 9:28am On May 25
Do and implement the minimum wage for corpers. Transport alone is chopping their 35k allowance
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by advanceDNA: 9:29am On May 25
aguluobi:
What state are you from n is that state able to pay the old minimum wage of ₦30K ? Note Anambra is not able to yet. God forbid you are from that state or supporting a former cursed governor from that state as president of Nigeria.

Sigh...we are talking about a decent salary for all workers and u are talking about what state I'm from and one useless governor....i

s everything about who someone is supporting to you pple.....?? Don't u think there are e nigerians that don't support these thieves??
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by casualobserver: 9:32am On May 25
It’s one thing to set minimum wage, it is another to implement it. I read the other day that there is a state in the North that pays N7000 minimum wage years after the N30,000 minimum wage was introduced.

1 Like

Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by advanceDNA: 9:33am On May 25
SoNature:

A minimum wage of 100k is good, bros. My concern is the impact this pay rise will have on goods and services....the prices of everything will rocket now. That means those who don't benefit from this pay rise will pay the heavy price for it.

That said, the government must ensure private sector pays any minimum wage they agree. That's how the law works in every serious country. The national minimum wage cannot be 100k and some private companies will be paying graduates 50k in these crazily hard times.

There cannot be skyrocketting of anything because of salary increase....when it changed from 18k to 30k did skyrocketting price happen??

Nigerian has always been an economy with more money in circulation becos of embezzlement, fraud, yahoo, rituals....the two main determination of price of goods in Nigeria has always been exchange rate and fuel

1 Like

Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by yommen: 9:34am On May 25
Sheuns:
Why ask for 615K naira in the first place?

You gave these government officials chance to take you as jokers.

Dey play. Do you know the government officials take-,home very month? Ask for less when you have the chance all to go out and begin to lament immediately.

1 Like

Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by zionstaar75: 9:36am On May 25
Justiceganduje:
Too low.
it's people that don't have 20k in their account that talk like this. I challenge u to screenshot your account
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by WHITELIGHTER: 9:37am On May 25
Sannisege:
IPOB labour union.

You’re a disgrace

1 Like

Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by SoNature(m): 9:38am On May 25
advanceDNA:

There cannot be skyrocketting of anything because of salary increase....when it changed from 18k to 30k did skyrocketting price happen??

Nigerian has always been an economy with more money in circulation becos of embezzlement, fraud, yahoo, rituals....the two main determination of price of goods in Nigeria has always been exchange rate and fuel
It's either you are a Gen Z or you started listening to the news recently. Let's wait for how the market will react when the minimum wage is increased from 30k to 100k....over 233.3% increase. I won't write more than this.
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by highbee02: 9:40am On May 25
aguluobi:
As it should be

Kindly butress
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by Callosobruchus(m): 9:47am On May 25
Speaking on states that had yet to start paying the old minimum wage of N30,000 which was agreed upon in 2019, the NLC spokesman, Ben Upah, said, “The states that have not been paying the old N30,000 minimum wage are Kogi, Zamfara, Anambra, Ebonyi, and Sokoto.”

So what the NLC spokesman is saying is that Benue State which is the worst state in matters of salary,pensions and palliatives in recent years is paying the N30,000 minimum wage.Una go just dey one place di blabb mouth anyhow.
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by Nolevel666: 9:48am On May 25
Sheuns:

I hope those saying 100k is too small aren’t business owners that pay staff salaries. Because you will have to pay 100K naira monthly to your least paid staff.

Why increase fuel from 185 to 800?
You gave The masses an excuse to increase the prices of commodities.

Up till now i cannot use my mastercard to shop internationally. Unless i use those so called pseudo dollar cards.

What can 45,000 buy you in dollars?
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by Callosobruchus(m): 9:54am On May 25
100k is realistic,not that 615k BS.
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by Obagreatdatoye(m): 9:55am On May 25
100k is still fair
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by wildernessVoice: 10:00am On May 25
Half Bag of Rice 40k
10 measure of Beans 20k
10 litres of palm oil 15k
10 measure of Garri 12k
Salt....?
Maggi...?
Matches..?
Single room in Abuja slumps #120k per annum
Sch fees ?
Transport from Satellite towns to work in Abuja City centre 2 to 3k daily
Clothes
soap
Light bill..?
Vaseline...?
water...?

OUR MINIMUM WAGE IS A BIG JOKE
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by ITbomb(m): 10:12am On May 25
They say 6 figure, not 100k
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by JuanDeDios: 10:19am On May 25
NaijaCowFarm:
N100000 is still poor. That is about $63 a month.
Nigerians are poor people!
You're a cow farmer?
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by Walz001: 10:31am On May 25
Sheuns:

I hope those saying 100k is too small aren’t business owners that pay staff salaries. Because you will have to pay 100K naira monthly to your least paid staff.

Sometimes when I see words like this I just wonder how we think in this part of the world

If you want to buy a car
Do you pay the actual amount they tell you
Or any order things in the market

They tried let's appreciate them

1 Like

Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by mastermaestro(m): 10:37am On May 25
NLC has finally woken up from their 500k fantasy ride. Thank GOD! cheesy
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by Honestey: 10:38am On May 25
From N615k to N100k? What a joke
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by advanceDNA: 11:00am On May 25
SoNature:

It's either you are a Gen Z or you started listening to the news recently. Let's wait for how the market will react when the minimum wage is increased from 30k to 100k....over 233.3% increase. I won't write more than this.

It cannot sky rocket....skyrocket is what we are experiencing now.....
Maybe u re just exaggerating words
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by Maj196(m): 11:00am On May 25
See as dem dey price minimum wage like garri

1 Like

Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:03am On May 25
100k for people that would still bear transportation cost from the salary... sad

Transportation alone would gulp ur 100k within a month if ur workplace is not close to ur residence...

How do people survive with 100k salary in this present economy

Omoh, una dey try oooh...

This is why olosho won't stop till the end of time...

When they know say the 100k can be made from 5 dicks and also comes with pleasure (sex action) with no capital invested... And this can be covered in 2 weeks...

Even a lowest-budgest olosho go make ur 100k as net savings in 4 weeks...

And these stupid politicians are raking in millions of naira on weekly basis...

Una dey suffer and dey smile...
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by Inosky: 11:16am On May 25
Shithole wage. Wetin be 100k for living wage. Reduce cost of governance and you'll see there's money for Nigeria's workers. Labour shouldn't agree. 200k is manageable
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by victorsola: 11:17am On May 25
NaijaCowFarm:
N100000 is still poor. That is about $63 a month.
Nigerians are poor people!
do you pay your house rent in dollars , or do your buy ur recharge card in dollars , do you pay for food in dollars. Don’t forget if u want to put everything In dollar equivalent, you will have to pay tax in dollar equivalent and at the end of the day even if government dey pay u 2mil as minimum wage , u go still suffer for ham cus it will still be useless in your hand
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by WeirdAlien: 11:33am On May 25
These people no get shame at all. From 1m to 650k, now it's 100k you're negotiating. Who 100k epp?
It's even more sad that some state govts won't comply, or introduce additional taxes to collect the money back.
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by pharmagba: 11:39am On May 25
CrossRhodes:

So you don't know what bargaining means?

In an interview........ah forget it maybe you haven't been in an interview where they bargain salary...

Please come of it, Labour were simply not serious earlier and trying to play needless politics with a serious matter.
Even when bargaining it comes with some set principles.
Have your hear the acronymn S-M-A-R-T
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by Inosky: 11:41am On May 25
yemre:
On a serious note, a high minimum wage is good only in countries where the unemployment rate is low and economy is good with stable energy. That way, a very high percentage of the citizens will benefit and be better for it. But in a country like ours, make the minimum wage 100k and the next thing that will follow is companies going on retrenchment spree, thereby shooting the unemployment rate to over 50%.

Remember that everyone go to the same market and if the gap is too wide, those that will suffer will be more than those that will enjoy. Inflation is also there to consider.

IMO, the labour should shift further while the government also does better to arrive at something reasonable but not all these figures they're mentioning.

But take it, I don't see 100k happening, at least not this time.

So, now all the companies have inflated their prices and no minimum wage yet, what do you call that?

Your analysis is wack.

Minimum Wage increase will increase the purchasing power of the people which will benefit them more and help them in paying their workers well and recruiting more to balance the law of demand. They're suffering now because most of the things they produce are hardly purchased while they are still paying high taxes because a lot of workers are cutting down on their spendings with regards to their meagre salaries.
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by horia: 11:42am On May 25
Sheuns:

Do you normally talk before you think or today is special

1 Like

Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by Procashtips(m): 11:58am On May 25
Any amount they grant, be ready to face new taxes, levies and policies that'll drain you off the money.

Tinubu is here to render the hopeless hopeless and the hopeful hopeless.
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by triplechoice(m): 1:30pm On May 25
thesicilian:
Exactly what I've been saying from the beginning. Now they're being reasonable

It's you who didn't understand what they were trying to achieve with their initial proposal . If they had started with 100k, the government would have just added an additional 10k to the old minimum wage and signed it into law.

1 Like

Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by triplechoice(m): 1:33pm On May 25
pharmagba:

Please come of it, Labour were simply not serious earlier and trying to play needless politics with a serious matter.
Even when bargaining it comes with some set principles.
Have your hear the acronymn S-M-A-R-T

Go back to past minimum wage negotiations in Nigeria as see that labour always did the same thing at the beginning.
Re: Labour Eyes N100,000 Minimum Wage As NEC Meets Monday by triplechoice(m): 1:40pm On May 25
Now that labour has given an accurate figure of states not paying minimum wage, just 5 out of 36 states in Nigeria with 2 of them denying it, I hope all those talking of some states not being able to pay the old minimum wage of 30k should shut forever up and come up with a better excuse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2015: Northern Leaders Woo Danjuma, Middle Belt Against GEJ / 2019 Presidency:even Your Family Rejected You–bmo Mocks Atiku For Going To Court / Lagos Guber: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.