Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,861 members, 7,862,833 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:33 AM

Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? (14450 Views)

Aisha Buhari Apologises To Nigerians Over Economic Hardship And Insecurity / Between Nepotism And Insecurity / "We Will Bring An End To Banditry And Insecurity" - Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by NairaOcean: 12:07pm On May 25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdI9gIeY4n4

A video of a passionate plea by House of Representatives member Ahmad Satomi has gone viral on social media. The representative of Jere Federal Constituency, Borno State, vocally challenged his colleagues regarding the recently passed National Anthem bill, questioning its relevance to Nigeria's pressing issues.

In the video, Satomi addresses his colleagues, questioning the practicality and impact of the bill, which mandates reverting to the old National Anthem, “Nigeria we hail thee.” His concerns highlighted the disconnect between legislative actions and the real-world problems faced by Nigerians.

“Me, I do not know how this National Anthem will affect the well-being of the common man in Nigeria. Let's be realistic. How will this support either hunger, banditry, or improve insecurity?” Satomi queried. He emphasized the need for legislation that directly benefits the populace, rather than symbolic gestures.

Satomi urged his colleagues to prioritize development-oriented policies that would attract positive international attention and foster growth. He expressed frustration over the focus on the National Anthem while the world advances in technology and innovation.

“There is a saying that goes, ‘Countries that rely on prayers will rely on the ones that do think.’ Please, let's think of something that will bring progress, stability, and prosperity to the economy of this nation and improve the lives of the common man,” Satomi implored.

Despite his objections, the House of Representatives, on Thursday, May 23, passed the bill with accelerated consideration, spearheaded by the Majority Leader, Prof. Julius Ihonbvere. The bill's passage has sparked debate among the public and lawmakers about legislative priorities amid the nation’s ongoing struggles with hunger and insecurity.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by Ulogwe1: 1:16pm On May 25
I wonder who ever brought the bill.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by Donald7610: 1:16pm On May 25
Misplaced priorities
Focusing on the wrong things, Allocating time, energy, and resources to less important tasks, while neglecting crucial ones.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by Starhearts: 1:16pm On May 25
I tired ooo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by Elzazzi: 1:17pm On May 25
grin grin grin

This is what plays out when scarse resources are wasted on individuals with nothing to show for.

Either the upper or lower Chambers should be scrapped. It's waste of money.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by ntyce(m): 1:17pm On May 25
The old anthem has a verse which works like incantation, once all Nigerians recite that verse we will turn a new leaf.
All the bandits will drop their weapons, bad politicians will become very good leaders.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by Blaze14k: 1:17pm On May 25
Let's hear agbado people.. you know most of them think anything APC does is gold yet things have gotten worse.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by TheOtherRoomHQ: 1:17pm On May 25
Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by STEWpid(f): 1:18pm On May 25
Chai..

Because National Anthem is a Spirit on its own.

...the labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain. But the people have bastardized it to say that those labours are in Vain!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by YorubaAssasin: 1:18pm On May 25
Succinctly put! 👌🏾

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by BondRiv: 1:18pm On May 25
You guys are representing yourselves. Look at what is being prioritized. Shame!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by Greenfusion: 1:18pm On May 25
This is part of Nigeria's problem, misplaced priority. Where they need focus, they would shy away from it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by Ab025(m): 1:19pm On May 25
At least....there is a reasonable Rep member there.

Is changing our National Anthem what will solve Nigeria's present issues?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by Saint99: 1:19pm On May 25
Misplaced priority

4 Likes

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by mrdharkchild(m): 1:19pm On May 25
It will better motivation of the common man for success.

Lolz
Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by Raphsays: 1:19pm On May 25
Attention seeking rep. What has been his contribution to the food crisis in Nigeria as a rep member?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by McAausim: 1:19pm On May 25
☹️ As e b like, nah person where e chop go sing national anthem☹️

Bunch of irresponsible cowards we as leaders ☹️

Ogun kill all this confused criminals milking us🖐️🖐️

3 Likes

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by Kutunban: 1:19pm On May 25
True
Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by forever1225: 1:20pm On May 25
fools
Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by simmydare82(m): 1:20pm On May 25
I salute this man, this is the kind of people we want in power. 1 Gbosa for you sir.

9 Likes

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by 8starmember: 1:20pm On May 25
Useless law makers that only care for selfish interest

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by Pathokpo: 1:21pm On May 25
[quote author=NairaOcean post=130133899][/quote]
These guys are just looking for a way to cash out on sitting allowance else I see no reason why this bill is being deliberated on

4 Likes

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by gidgiddy: 1:22pm On May 25
Legislating on nonsense that will help nobody

3 Likes

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by yeshuasfootstep(m): 1:23pm On May 25
Simple.

Recite it whenever you're in danger, and you'll be free.

Jokers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by meobizy(f): 1:23pm On May 25
It won’t. It wasn’t meant to. It’s directed at keeping the masses talking while politicians relax.

4 Likes

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by Greenfusion: 1:23pm On May 25
Raphsays:
Attention seeking rep. What has been his contribution to the food crisis in Nigeria as a rep member?
whether he is seeking attention or not, or whether he has contributed or not...d fact is that he has made some sense now.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by Pathokpo: 1:23pm On May 25
Raphsays:
These are some of the fools we are talking about. Just 100 naira gold circle would have prevented this nonsense comment.

15 Likes

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by phr0nesis(m): 1:27pm On May 25
I once worked as a farm manager, and even as a manager, my boss still required I did a little labour. I really couldn't pick up hoes and cutlass to start clearing, meaning I couldn't really give myself any physical task, so usually every evening when submitting individual reports to my boss I'll just manufacture a non-existing or unimportant task and submit as my job for the day.
This is exactly what's happening in the National Assembly. Since these people have no task to justify their salaries, they have to start creating bills that are of zero importance to the country.

14 Likes

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by Lexusgs430: 1:30pm On May 25
The government is completely clueless......

2 Likes

Re: Ahmad Satom: How Will the National Anthem Bill Solve Hunger and Insecurity? by Gbadugbakun(m): 1:35pm On May 25
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrest Mubi Murder Suspects / APC Wants Buhari To Sack Heads-Of-Parastatals / "If Not For Buhari, Boko Haram Would Have Invaded Lagos" - Adebayo Shittu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.