Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,867 members, 7,862,873 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:12 AM

How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore (22026 Views)

Buhari Orders IG Adamu To Hand Over / Adamu Adamu To Replace Abba Kyari As Buhari’s Chief Of Staff - Sahara Reporters / Double Dealing: SDP candidate Omisore Arrested! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by FreeStuffsNG: 8:18pm On May 25
Two years after the intrigue-filled June 2022 presidential primary of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) that produced ex-Lagos governor Bola Tinubu as the party’s flagbearer, the party’s National Secretary at the time, Iyiola Omisore, has made some revelations on how he delivered his “mission” for a South-Westerner to secure the much-coveted ticket of the party.

Omisore was a guest on Inside Sources with Laolu Akande, a socio-political programme aired on Channels Television on Friday.

The mathematician and former Osun State deputy governor confirmed that the then APC National Chairman, Abdullahi Adamu, wanted the North to retain the Presidency after the eight years of President Muhammadu Buhari who is from the North-West geopolitical zone but he (Omisore) had a mandate to deliver a South-West person as the party’s flag bearer.

“In politics, everybody has their mindsets, we came from different (geopolitical) zones to the NWC (National Working Committee) that time, representing differing different interests,” he said.

“I was the most senior member of the party in the South-West and my mandate was to deliver South-West for Presidency. Somebody from South-South too, his own mandate was to deliver South for Presidency, I want to assume so.

“So, my own was to get to my destination which I have gotten to today. The way and manner I did my journey is between me and God. I can’t castigate anybody who tried to be smart but if you want to be smart and I outsmarted you, to God be the glory. But the point is that my mission was to deliver the South-West for Presidency which we are today.”

Omisore said though Adamu backed a different aspirant, the NWC was able to present a convention “where democracy took place and democracy was respected. We voted, everybody had a choice and it was transparent. And the moment there is a transparent primary, there won’t be no noise; it is only when people feel cheated that they go to court.”

The former APC National Secretary said everything that happened in the buildup to the APC presidential primary was “all political”. He said “whatever we did then was for that time,” adding that the party had moved on to consolidating on democratic gains for the benefit of Nigerians.

In the buildup to the APC presidential primary in June 2022, Adamu announced then Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, as the party’s “consensus candidate” but the announcement was strongly rejected by a league of northern governors who preferred Tinubu.

Despite the dramatic twists and intra-party squabbles, Tinubu won the keenly contested primary, trouncing strong contenders like Lawan, ex-Transport Minister Rotimi Amaechi, former Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, amongst others. The former Lagos governor would later defeat opposition figures like Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Peter Obi of the Labour Party (LP) at the February 2023 general election to clinch the number one spot at Aso Villa.

About two months after Tinubu was inaugurated as Nigeria’s President, specifically in July 2023, Adamu and Omisore resigned as APC National Chairman and Secretary respectively in controversial and unclear circumstances, paving the way for a new NWC with ex-Kano governor Abdullahi Ganduje and former Senate spokesman Ajibola Bashiru as National Chairman and National Secretary respectively.

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/05/24/how-i-outsmarted-adamu-to-deliver-tinubu-as-apc-candidate-omisore/

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by FreeStuffsNG: 8:19pm On May 25
“In politics, everybody has their mindsets, we came from different (geopolitical) zones to the NWC (National Working Committee) that time, representing differing different interests,” he said.

Yes, politics is about interests and in patriotic sense, what you believe is best for your nation using the information at your disposal.

HE Atiku outsmarted HE Wike and all the Southern PDP Governors who previously vowed in a consensus to elect a PDP candidate from Southern Nigeria.

The good thing is that democracy eventually prevailed and the democratic choice of the people, Nigerian electorate across all the different tribes, is the one God ordained as President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu today till May 29 , 2031 by the special grace of God and the votes of patriotic Nigerians.

Thank you Senator Omisore for the role you played along with others. We knew how Senator Adamu almost sabotaged the moving train of Asiwaju Tinubu and wanted power to remain in the North against the wish of President Muhammadu Buhari. E seun pupo sir.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by richiemcgold: 8:22pm On May 25
🤔 Hmmm
...this is deep 👇👇👇

"I can’t castigate anybody who tried to be smart but if you want to be smart and I outsmarted you, to God be the glory."

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by turmacs(f): 8:23pm On May 25
This one is bragging with the fact that he delivered a calimity as mandate. With all that's currently going in this country, dollar 1500 from 600 in less than one year in office, kidnappers everywhere, Still this one isn't ashamed to spit out this thrash. Walai some people need to be striped and flogged in a market square on a very hot afternoon.

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by Racoon(m): 8:28pm On May 25
Such a shameless and remorseless statement to admit given the disaster that your being so called smart has ended up producing and how it has bastardized the lives of the suffering masses.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by Flame333: 8:28pm On May 25
One man dey proud while the effects is on 250 million population..

Wide spread poverty 3verywhere

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by Wawelexy(m): 8:29pm On May 25
Baba respect your age please....

The highest bidder won! He literarily bought all the delegates vote in the presidential primary election with his dolls $.

Everyone likes to attach themselves to success sha, if he had lost, this man wouldn't have come out to say he was responsible for his failure.

But wait o, shey na Tinubu administration person dey use as bragging rights? If hand touch this man eh undecided

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by ClearFlair: 8:30pm On May 25
Lol...see inflation, see unemployment, see insecurity

8 Likes

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by agadez007(m): 8:30pm On May 25
Imagine openly bragging about how you delivered a failure

Only in Nigeria

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by mightyhazel: 8:30pm On May 25
I think he deserves accolades in form of heavy knocks for that

10 Likes

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by Adamux: 8:32pm On May 25
agadez007:
Imagine openly bragging about how you delivered a failure

Only in Nigeria
Don't mind him.

We can't wait for Obi to clean up Nigeria come 2047.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by Stanleymaster1: 8:32pm On May 25
Who dey believe apc again, even new born baby already known APC and Tinubu as why yo why yo.

1 Like

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by Felabrity: 8:32pm On May 25
So adamu was not a fan

Na why una remove am

2 Likes

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by illicit(m): 8:32pm On May 25
Asíwájú JAGABAN

💪

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by Egalitarian1: 8:33pm On May 25
Very tribalistic set of people, they never disappoint.

Just look at his selfish and tribalistic mindset.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by Krankhead: 8:33pm On May 25
turmacs:
This one is bragging with the fact that he delivered a calimity as mandate. With all that's currently going in this country, dollar 1500 from 600 in less than one year in office, kidnappers everywhere, Still this one isn't ashamed to spit out this thrash. Walai some people need to be striped and flogged in a market square on a very hot afternoon.
Sorry for your Loss . Your crying continues till 2040

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by Sec5(m): 8:34pm On May 25
He ended up saying nothing

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by aviara: 8:36pm On May 25
The south west as a region is satisfied that Tinubu is president, it doesn't matter if he performs woefully. In their culture, politics is of higher value than morality.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by Sec5(m): 8:39pm On May 25
If omisore is as smart as he's trying to make us believe, he should have been governor of osun state long long time ago

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by Mathain19(m): 8:40pm On May 25
I always knew politics is a game of Iets pull him down, and I climb by all means,
If your skin no full no put body...

1 Like

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by MEGAWATCH: 8:40pm On May 25
Hmmmm!

This man is just playing games with tinubu so that he will remember his sacrifice to make him what he is today.

GAMES PEOPLE PLAY.

3 Likes

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by Kobicove(m): 8:40pm On May 25
This one wants to claim glory for what he did not do. angry

As far as I'm concerned Tinubu won the APC presidential ticket by his own efforts! undecided
Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by seanfer(m): 8:42pm On May 25
Egalitarian1:
Very tribalistic set of people, they never disappoint.

Just look at his selfish and tribalistic mindset.

Adamu was not tribalism when he was working for another northern president after 8 years of Buhari?

3 Likes

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by MrJames007: 8:44pm On May 25
Here's the outcome. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by nairalee(m): 8:44pm On May 25
Wait u think this makes u a hero or a villain?

1 Like

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by aviara: 8:45pm On May 25
Ask a typical Yoruba man to choose a better candidate between Obasanjo and Tinubu, you will be shocked at their choice.

Many of them will denigrate Obasanjo because he is not ethnically sentimental. This is the reason yorubas hated OBJ. Yet, saner people know Obasanjo even in his old age now will do far better than the calamity presently occupying Aso rock.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by penearth(m): 8:45pm On May 25
How u outsmart Adamu to deliver Hunger to Nigerians

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by franchasofficia: 8:47pm On May 25
Only an Igbo President will liberate Nigeria from decades of leadership failure and national woes as a nation.

Yes you heard me loud and clear.

God made this decision because of years of Igbo people's marginalization, persecution and unfair treatment in Nigeria by fellow Nigerians. Some situations make God to take certain decisions. God love justice. God love fairness. God is just, fair and upright.

God is saying, even if some Igbo political leaders made some mistakes in the past which every other tribe or human have made, Igbos have paid more than enough price for whatever mistakes some past Igbo leaders made in the past and that is why God took this decision about Nigeria.

Until Nigerians repent of their evil hearts, their hatred and unfair treatment of Igbos and elect an Igbo man endorsed by majority of ordinary Igbos not one endorsed by Igbo politicians, Nigeria will continue to struggle till eternity. This is God's ordinance and if you doubt me, time will open your eyes.

I am not here to argue with you, I am not here to appeal to you. I am not here to make you believe me. I don't care if you believe me, I don't care if you insult or call me names. I am only telling you what God have decided about Nigeria and if you doubt me today, I pray you and I remain alive in the next 50 years to see what God can do, and will do.

If you want to know more about this revelation, check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/8104402/only-igbo-president-liberate-nigeria#130136979

3 Likes

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by duduade: 8:47pm On May 25
Shameless men

Just using Nigerians for their ping pong games

1 Like

Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by Bimpe29: 8:48pm On May 25
Politics is all about calculation towards achieving and protecting specific interests
Re: How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore by Ola9ja23: 8:48pm On May 25
Bitter Obituarists tears full everywhere

You shall remain wailers till Jesus comes 😀😁🤣😁😁😁😁😁

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. / My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari / Police Refuse To Bring Sowore, Others For Ruling On Bail Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.