Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,971 members, 7,863,462 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:14 PM

Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check (14693 Views)

Dino Melaye Thanks Goodluck Jonathan For Completing 85% Of Abuja Light Rail / Ben Bruce Faults Buhari On Commissioning Abuja Light Railway / Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by Tareq1105: 2:55pm On May 26
JagabanB:
I don't know what you are trying to fact check because Wike talked about "commercial operations", you should be more focused on if the rail will function properly than "fact check".

Has the train been working?

Has the man that fact checked boarded it before?

To me, it hasn't been working.
Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by lexy2014: 2:58pm On May 26
Svoboda:

Nobody mentioned politicians, and i dont love nigeria bc i support them. I only support President Tinubu as sitting president because i love nigeria. You cant claim support and patroitism for your country and despise its leaders.

the tinubu and buhari you mentioned here are what? your comment here says that the reason you love Nigeria is because you support buhari and tinubu.
Svoboda:
Not necessarily so. I have supported Buhari as much as i am supporting Tinubu now, because I love Nigeria. I however, only point out discrepancies where i find them, like in this very case.

the reason you gave for loving Nigeria is that you support buhari and tinubu. my question still stands thus: is your love for nigeria supposed to be defined by the support you give to a politician or politicians?
Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by Tareq1105: 3:00pm On May 26
naptu2:
This has already been explained before.

1) Abuja Light Rail was launched by President Buhari in 2018.

2) Trial runs (free ride) began in 2019/2020, but they were stopped due to Covid 19.

3) The facilities were heavily vandalised during the COVID 19 lockdown, such that the trains couldn't move.

4) The vandalised facilities had to be replaced and new security features installed to prevent vandalisation.

5) What's happening now is not a launch of the light rail but a start of commercial operations.

All of these have been covered on nairaland

Some of the people that vandalised the facilities were later arrested by the police. That too was reported on Nairaland.

Wike is right after all.

1 Like

Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by johnwalex3(m): 3:13pm On May 26
So why dont they do it then or why is it not functioning till this moment ? you guys just talk anyhow as if you were giving chance, you would do anything rather than join the lane. and beside is Buhari and this current administration not the same? Tinubu is actually doing a lot, as at the time he assumed office, things have really gone bad like rotten. look at the damage Emefele has done into our economy already? Tinubu is human he is not MAGICIAN, he cant change things in day or a year. everything is gradually fam.

turmacs:
Who even takes those one's seriously again? OP please don't bother yourself fact checking those shameless liars, everybody knows that anything that comes out of their mouths is a lie. That was how they came out to lie that AP moller wanted to invest imaginary $600M in Nigeria, if not that mearsk came out to call out their shameless lies, nonsense.

Anyways, what do I know? 🤷‍♀️

Nairalanders please i'm craving fried rice and chicken this Sunday. A want to eat fried rice and chicken with plantain and cold chivita, prepared by a man that wants to sleep with me, I have transport fare.
Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by mfm04622: 3:22pm On May 26
naptu2:
This has already been explained before.

1) Abuja Light Rail was launched by President Buhari in 2018.

2) Trial runs (free ride) began in 2019/2020, but they were stopped due to Covid 19.

3) The facilities were heavily vandalised during the COVID 19 lockdown, such that the trains couldn't move.

4) The vandalised facilities had to be replaced and new security features installed to prevent vandalisation.

5) What's happening now is not a launch of the light rail but a start of commercial operations.

All of these have been covered on nairaland

Some of the people that vandalised the facilities were later arrested by the police. That too was reported on Nairaland.

They charged for the services before stopping. I paid 500 Naira for ticket from Idu to the airport for the Metro. Which cheaper than taking taxi to the airport. I also paid same amount from Idu to the Central Area.
Idu is the last station for the train from Kaduna.
Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by naptu2: 3:27pm On May 26
mfm04622:

They charged for the services before stopping. I paid 500 Naira for ticket from Idu to the airport for the Metro. Which cheaper than taking taxi to the airport. I also paid same amount from Idu to the Central Area.
Idu is the last station for the train from Kaduna.

Well, the people that were running it said that they didn't, so it's possible that the workers cheated you.

Tolu Ogunlesi MON @toluogunlesi

FACTCHECK:

This is a comprehensive note to provide the FACTS about #AbujaMetro aka Abuja Mass Transit Rail. You won't find all these details in one place anywhere else.

The forthcoming #AbujaMetro event is NOT a "Commissioning." The FCTA is NOT calling it a commissioning—their statement says it is a "Commencement of Commercial Operations."

Key Phrase there is "Commercial Operations".

Between the Commissioning in 2018, and Covid in 2020, the #AbujaMetro ran what you can call a trial service or test-run. (Normal stuff -- Recall that the Lagos Blue Line also did a test-run between February 2023 and September 2023, when full commercial operations kicked off).

#AbujaMetro was commissioned by @MBuhari on July 12, 2018 -- Photos attached. It is the FIRST "Mass Rapid Transit" (MRT) system in West Africa, ahead of Dakar and Lagos. The project was completed by FCT Minister Muhammad Musa Bello: /ngrpresident/s…

Operations were suspended during Covid, and the project subsequently suffered significant vandalisation.

Here's what the then Permanent Secretary, FC, Olusade Adesola said during a visit on October 30, 2022: "You will recall that the project was TEST RUN shortly after it was commissioned and thereafter, the advent of the COVID pandemic resulted in a forced closure and suspension of the operations."

This is what the Director of Transportation of FCTA, Joseph Akinteye said, on August 5, 2023: “Unfortunately, the TRIAL SERVICE ended abruptly in March 2020 due to the advent of COVID-19 pandemic and its extant protocols..."

#AbujaMetro TIMELINE

July 12, 2018: PMB inaugurates/commissions the project -- and trial service / test run commences soon after

March 2020: The trial service is suspended, following the outbreak of Covid-19
vanguardngr.com/2020/11/covid-…

News Story, December 2021: "Abuja Metro Line suspended over vandalism" -- "The Acting Secretary, FCTA Transport Secretariat, Usman Yahaya told 21st CENTURY CHRONICLE that at the last count, '48 points were vandalised.'"
21stcenturychronicle.com/investigation-…

August 24, 2022: The Federal Executive Council approves a security contract for #AbujaMetro: /OfficialFCTA/s…

August 4, 2023: FCT Permanent Secretary (who's in charge of the Ministry, as Cabinet hasn't been inaugurated yet) formally announces that a N5 Billion Contract has been awarded to CCECC for the repairs / restoration of the vandalized #AbujaMetro infrastructure. He made the announcement at the ceremony to flag-off the repairs (4th photo, attached)
nannews.ng/2023/08/05/fct…
thecable.ng/fcta-awards-n5…

[NB. I believe that this rehabilitation contract was approved by the (outgoing) FEC earlier in 2023. Will get the exact date/details of this FEC approval and share]

August 23, 2023: Two (2) days after being sworn-in as FCT Minister, HM Wike undertakes his first Tour of #AbujaMetro, and pledges to ensure that the rehabilitation contract is fully funded and that the line is back in operation as soon as possible.

October 30, 2023: Federal Executive Council approves N5.9 billion for construction of outstanding access roads to #AbujaMetro Stations leadership.ng/fcta-to-comple…

News Story, December 2023: "Thirteen suspects, 10 of whom were casual workers, engaged by a Chinese company, have been arrested for vandalism of armoured cables and other associated equipment of Abuja mass transit rail. Their arrest was effected by a private guard company contracted to safeguard the infrastructure."
thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023…

January 11, 2024: FCT Minister undertakes Inspection Tour of #AbujaMetro

January 31, 2024: FCT Minister undertakes Tour of #AbujaMetro, to inspect construction of outstanding access roads to Stations (including the access roads to Wupa and Basanjiwa Stations).

May 23, 2024: FCTA Press Statement -- "The commencement of commercial operations of the Abuja Rail Mass Transit System also known as the Abuja Light Rail will now be flagged off on Democracy Day, Wednesday, May 29th, 2024 by His Excellency, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu at 1:00 pm."

— Tolu Ogunlesi

Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by mfm04622: 3:33pm On May 26
naptu2:

Well, the people that were running it said that they didn't, so it's possible that the workers cheated you.

Tolu Ogunlesi MON @toluogunlesi

I wasn't cheated. It was official. I was used to train services then when visiting Abuja.
Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by JagabanB: 3:41pm On May 26
Tareq1105:

Has the train been working?

Has the man that fact checked boarded it before?

To me, it hasn't been working.
Nigerians love irrelevancies alot but want politicians to take them seriously.
Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by CheapHomes1: 3:58pm On May 26
JagabanB:

I can't explain same thing again.

what did you explain before an how is what you think you explained before answer the questions I just asked you?
Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by CheapHomes1: 3:58pm On May 26
JagabanB:

Nigerians love irrelevancies alot but want politicians to take them seriously.

so which nationality are you?
Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by JagabanB: 4:02pm On May 26
CheapHomes1:

so which nationality are you?
Is my statement wrong?
You know the answer
Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by CheapHomes1: 4:02pm On May 26
JagabanB:

Is my statement wrong?
You know the answer
which nationality are you?
Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by JagabanB: 4:03pm On May 26
CheapHomes1:

what did you explain before an how is what you think you explained before answer the questions I just asked you?
Read my previous replies please.
Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by CheapHomes1: 4:08pm On May 26
JagabanB:

Read my previous replies please.

on the basis of your previous replies, hence my questions...

who are the "you folks" and the "you all" you are referring to?

did this happen...."Former President Buhari indeed launched commercial operations of the Abuja light project in 2018, invalidating Wike’s insinuation that there was no previous inauguration of commercial operation of the metro line."
Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by Kingzmate(m): 4:20pm On May 26
TWO MONTHS FREE RIDE

WHACK ASS, WHY NOT FREE cool

JOB MEN kiss

Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by JagabanB: 4:27pm On May 26
CheapHomes1:

on the basis of your previous replies, hence my questions...

did this happen...."Former President Buhari indeed launched commercial operations of the Abuja light project in 2018, invalidating Wike’s insinuation that there was no previous inauguration of commercial operation of the metro line."
I can't repeat what I said, simply go back and read my statements.
Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by CheapHomes1: 4:32pm On May 26
JagabanB:

I can't repeat what I said, simply go back and read my statements.

on the basis of your previous statement that you say you cant repeat, hence my questions...

Re: Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check by Krankhead: 11:25am On May 28
Kukutente23:

That's a blatant lie.
1. The pillars were already there

2. A PPP is dependent on the ability of the contractor to source for funds. JB delayed the project based on funds availability just as the Lagos-Ibadan rail
So for the 16 years of pdp, they only erected pillar.just cover your face in Shame

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Underdevelopment In Africa: Use Your Brain Now Or Perish - Melie Onyejepu / PDP Governors May Prevail On Ayu To Resign / Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.