Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,917 members, 7,863,212 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:09 PM

Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. (29033 Views)

My Husband Hired Agbero To Beat Me After 8 Months Into Marriage โ€“ Woman Laments / I Think My Husband Scammed Me / I Married A Man But I Think I Might Be A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by xin5: 3:24pm On May 26
A girl I am currently seeing is telling me the cost of her bride price is #120 that once I pay that..20 naira will even be handed back to me because she is not for sale. I asked her if that's all for the traditional marriage.. she said from there if we want to do big ceremony it's our choice. I think I am about to be scammed into marriage, something I might regret in the long run.. and I still wonder why her elder brother is still single (in his 40s) if marriage is cheap over there.

I wouldn't want a case whereby after doing that I will be presented an unexpected list of things to provide.

She's from the south.
I want confirmation if this is true

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Writervick(m): 3:25pm On May 26
Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ no do oo

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by immortalcrown(m): 3:27pm On May 26
What exactly is the reason for your suspicion? Oya, pay โ‚ฆ1,000,000 as the bride price.

310 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Phranx1: 3:28pm On May 26
E cost U complain E arahaa U complain still, Nawah ooo!

182 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by xin5: 3:29pm On May 26
Writervick:
Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ no do oo
walai
A frnd told me I would be asked to cook oghwo and also palmwine and with this country like this. Small thing when de acct I de use hold myself.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by DeGods007(m): 3:31pm On May 26
It's true na but that does not mean you won't buy drinks and cook food for some that will attend.

And the only encouraging thing here is that Urhobo women don't cheat in marriage. It's a very big taboo, reason why most of their women comes with a very high mileage before marriage ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

116 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by HeeBraHim2(m): 3:31pm On May 26
Haba
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by ForValour: 3:33pm On May 26
Most Urhobo families dont take huge amount as bride price. The bride price is mainly to fulfil traditional righteousness.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Hollybratt(m): 3:34pm On May 26
Hey chap cheesy Well that is for you. As for me, when i wanted to marry my yoruba woman, i paid N1.5million as bride price not that i have the money but because of the love i have for my wife. but when we broke up, i fought with her parents and they refunded the money. They even added N500k interest with it making it N2m.

IRMC

33 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by PrinceofSarcasm: 3:34pm On May 26
xin5:
A girl I am currently seeing is telling me the cost of her bride price is #120 that once I pay that..20 naira will even be handed back to me because she is not for sale. I asked her if that's all for the traditional marriage.. she said from there if we want to do big ceremony it's our choice. I think I am about to be scammed into marriage, something I might regret in the long run.. and I still wonder why her elder brother is still single (in his 40s) if marriage is cheap over there.

She's from the south, urhobo

Nlfpmod.

I sincerely feel sorry for any lady who marries you. This thread betrays your level of reasoning and shows how insecure, immature , unreasonable and unstable you are.

Your choice of wording and structure shows you lack any integrity of character, hence see the low level your mind went to.

You even don't have respect for her or her family hence you had to drag her elder brother into your nonsense.

I feel you are a danger to that young lady and her family.

You are uncouth and have no sense of boundaries or decorum. I suspect you are affiliated with street thugs or hooligans
As she would do well to avoid getting married to you at all costs or she may be a future murder victim.

Anyways for her to agree to even date talkless of marrying someone like you says a lot about her , she is probably a low level woman.

I would hazard a guess that she is either s treat hawker or a road side food vendor.
Likely she is an illiterate too?

186 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by illicit(m): 3:37pm On May 26
Bride price differs to wedding expenses

7 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by xin5: 3:37pm On May 26
PrinceofSarcasm:

I sincerely feel sorry for any lady who marries you. This thread betrays your level of reasoning and shows how insecure, immature , unreasonable and unstable you are.

Your choice of wording and structure shows you lack any integrity of character, hence see the low level your mind went to.

You even don't have respect for her or her family hence you had to drag her elder brother into your nonsense.

As he would do well to avoid getting married to you at all costs or she may be a future murder victim.

Man your so depressed and fustrated about life generally.
I can sense your bad energy from a mile away oozing from this unwarranted attack
gosh.
because I see no reason for this your response to my post when all I just did was to come here and ask to know the truth.

Take your frustrations else where bro cheesy
Because at this stage you are nothing else can help you.

26 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by PrinceofSarcasm: 3:43pm On May 26
xin5:

Man your so depressed and fustrated about life generally.
I can sense your bad energy from a mile away gosh.
Your just like a living dead because I see no reason for this your response to my post when all I just did was to come here and ask to know the truth.

Take your frustrations else where

Thank you for proving my point. I mean you are at the gutter level in life . You can't even speak proper English and yet you are talking about marriage?

Seems you want to raise more street urchins and fatherless touts who will grow up to add to the massive number of armed robbers everywhere?

Didn't you learn from your own terrible childhood?

You have no business talking about marriage.

Your write up, your history on this forum and everything shows you are a very low value man ,hence it makes me wonder what sort of street waif agreed to take.on such a worthless surname.

She must have been about to commit suicide and sees marriage to you are a lady resort. Because I can bodly tell you that no woman of substance or self worth will marry your type.
grin

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by xin5: 3:46pm On May 26
immortalcrown:
What exactly is the reason for your suspicion? Oya, pay โ‚ฆ1,000,000 as the bride price.
I wouldn't want a case after going on, one kind huge list will be handed to me to fufill that's why I am asking.
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by xin5: 3:48pm On May 26
illicit:
Bride price differs to wedding expenses

you mean the big party? But she said that's our choice.
Is it a must?
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by PrinceofSarcasm: 3:48pm On May 26
Just imagine this malformed semi ape of an OP.
This type should be on his knees praising his mongoloid ancestors that any woman has a low enough self esteem to marry him.

Just imagine this thing that is best collecting monies from buses at obalende motor park claiming he is being scammed into marriage?

Truly Nigerian women have lost a lot of value otherwise things like this are not meant to be married or procreate.

The universe is better off without allowing this type to have any offspring, they will only pollute the environment.
Anyways I blame the extreme poverty such a lady was raised with that has eroded her self esteem too the extent she considering marrying this epitome of life failure.

A tragedy indeed .

If anyone is being scammed she is. Because she thinks she is marrying a semi retardรฉd with some braincells ,but unfortunately she doesn't know she is getting a full rรฉtard with zero brain cells .

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Creamypie(m): 3:49pm On May 26
xin5:

I wouldn't want a case whereby after doing that I will be presented a list.. and with this economy. I am indeed scared.

She's from the south.

Nlfpmod.

Oga me be uroboh. Our bride price no pass 10 thousand for dowry. The rest money u get na for party or entertainment. Simple. Leave her brother. Maybe e never get person yet. It has nothing 2 do with bride price, if na uroboh woman e wan marry

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by illicit(m): 3:50pm On May 26
xin5:
you mean the big party? But she said that's our choice.
Is it a must?

Nope
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by xin5: 3:52pm On May 26
Creamypie:
Oga me be uroboh. Our bride price no pass 10 thousand for dowry. The rest money u get na for party or entertainment. Simple. Leave her brother. Maybe e never get person yet. It has nothing 2 do with bride price, if na uroboh woman e wan marry
it don enter 10 thousand again?
But she say na #120 na

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by EreluRoz: 3:56pm On May 26
If you don't have any good plans for her then let her go. Stop wasting people's time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Creamypie(m): 3:57pm On May 26
xin5:
But she say na #120 na
I mean for anything them ask you to provide. My sister own bride price na 10kg salt, of not up to #4500, which the man buys by himself, then 2k to appease the males for not marrying her.everything was #6,500.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by slimjohn2k5: 3:58pm On May 26
U not love her

7 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by xin5: 4:00pm On May 26
Creamypie:
I mean for anything them ask you to provide. My sister own bride price na 10kg salt, of not up to #4500, which the man buys by himself, then 2k to appease the males for not marrying her.everything was #6,500.
okay brother thanks.
Them nor de give another list abi, after all that.
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Creamypie(m): 4:03pm On May 26
xin5:
okay brother thanks.
Them nor de give another list abi, after all that.
anything them ask for as dowry falls below 7 thousand naira. Bride price na #120 from the money, then may be u may be asked to buy small salt of not more than #3000. We don't sell our women.only prepare for entertainment, not for bride price

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by xin5: 4:05pm On May 26
Creamypie:
anything them ask for as dowry falls below 7 thousand naira. We don't sell our women.only prepare for entertainment, not for bride price

Everyone saying prepare for entertainment.
What if I can't afford that, just the bride price.
Won't it still hold?

Besides thanks for the enlightenment

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Creamypie(m): 4:07pm On May 26
xin5:

Everyone saying prepare for entertainment.
What if I can't afford that, just the bride price.
Won't it still hold?
e go hold. Still arrange according 2 your pocket
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by xin5: 4:08pm On May 26
Creamypie:
e go hold. Still arrange according 2 your pocket
Ok. I understand

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Mom007(f): 4:19pm On May 26
xin5:

I wouldn't want a case whereby after doing that I will be presented an unexpected list of things to provide.

She's from the south.

Nlfpmod.

She must be from delta state. Its true. That's the bride price not the cost of the marriage or the other things that will be on your list but all in all, still pretty inexpensive if you have reasonable inlaws and if they live in lagos because then you will not need to travel down to her village for the wedding. Good luck.
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Stevenbright(m): 4:23pm On May 26
xin5:
walai
A frnd told me I would be asked to cook oghwo and also palmwine and with this country like this. Small thing when de acct I de use hold myself.

Where in the south?

There are places like that. That doesn't mean there will be no other few list, but the actual bride price is as low as that in some places.

And then you guys can then organize a small traditional wedding.
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by advanceDNA: 4:29pm On May 26
PrinceofSarcasm:

You are uncouth and have no sense of boundaries or decorum. I suspect you are affiliated with street thugs or hooligans
As he would do well to avoid getting married to you at all costs or she may be a future murder victim.

Anyways for her to agree to even date talkless of marrying someone like you says a lot about her , she is probably a low level woman.

I would hazard a guess that she is either s treat hawker or a road side food vendor.
Likely she is an illiterate too?

U take things too serious

10 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by advanceDNA: 4:32pm On May 26
xin5:

I wouldn't want a case after going on, one kind huge list will be handed to me to fufill that's why I am asking.

Haven't you accompanied friends, family members to their weddings..... Not all Nigerian tribes ask for ridiculous amount of money..

I don't even see why anyone will be stressing a young man that just wants to start life with his daughter... But I guess u pple call it tradition

U can look for a tribe that will ask u for 3million.....

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by advanceDNA: 4:36pm On May 26
xin5:
But she say na #120 na

Some tribes don't collect anything.... They will tell u the dowry is at ur discretion i.e what u think she's worth to you....
and when u pay it..no matter the amount...the father will return it to you saying you should take care of her as no amount can be enough if he wants to charge a price

But u go still buy yam, fruits, malt and all those things....

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rivers Man And His Wife Who Gave Birth Name Their Twins Atiku And Wike (pic) / My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp / To Report A Cheating Wife To Her Husband Or Not, What's Your Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.