Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,917 members, 7,863,214 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:10 PM

Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. (29034 Views)

My Husband Hired Agbero To Beat Me After 8 Months Into Marriage – Woman Laments / I Think My Husband Scammed Me / I Married A Man But I Think I Might Be A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Stevenbright(m): 4:39pm On May 26
DeGods007:

It's true na but that does not mean you won't buy drinks and cook food for some that will attend.

And the only encouraging thing here is that Urhobo women don't cheat in marriage. It's a very big taboo, reason why most of their women comes with a very high mileage before marriage 😂😂

Who wants to cheat will cheat. Forget those taboo of a thing. Some of these reckless and immoral individuals give no f'ck.

A southern girl even told me that in their culture, when women cheat, it is their husbands that the taboo's negative effect affects (he will die a sudden death) if he is aware that his wife is cheating and secretly forgives her, continue to eat her food and have intimacy with her.

Just imagine one person committing offense and another innocent person suffering its consequences. Any sense in that? I just told her I don't believe that trash and that anyone who commits, will so suffer its consequence alone too.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Lance008(m): 5:29pm On May 26
Bro wedding is cheap marriage is expensive
Bro for my location Na 100naira to take marry but who won marry who no Dey successful ?

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by ogashman(m): 7:56pm On May 26
xin5:
A girl I am currently seeing is telling me the cost of her bride price is #120 that once I pay that..20 naira will even be handed back to me because she is not for sale. I asked her if that's all for the traditional marriage.. she said from there if we want to do big ceremony it's our choice. I think I am about to be scammed into marriage, something I might regret in the long run.. and I still wonder why her elder brother is still single (in his 40s) if marriage is cheap over there.

I wouldn't want a case whereby after doing that I will be presented an unexpected list of things to provide.

She's from the south.
I want confirmation if this is true

Nlfpmod.

E sure me say na urhobo girl
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Mrmakaveli200: 8:03pm On May 26
Run o.
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:51pm On May 26
xin5:
A girl I am currently seeing is telling me the cost of her bride price is #120 that once I pay that..20 naira will even be handed back to me because she is not for sale. I asked her if that's all for the traditional marriage.. she said from there if we want to do big ceremony it's our choice. I think I am about to be scammed into marriage, something I might regret in the long run.. and I still wonder why her elder brother is still single (in his 40s) if marriage is cheap over there.
I wouldn't want a case whereby after doing that I will be presented an unexpected list of things to provide.

She's from the south.
Nlfpmod.

pls answer this important question: DO YOU WANT TO MARRY THIS LADY?

5 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Sapasenator: 8:56pm On May 26
xin5:

She's from the south.

Nlfpmod.

Na Nlfpmod you wan marry? Why the mention?

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Sapasenator: 8:57pm On May 26
Them still dey marry for Naija?

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by maasoap(m): 9:35pm On May 26
Hollybratt:
Hey chap cheesy Well that is for you. As for me, when i wanted to marry my yoruba woman, i paid N1.5million as bride price not that i have the money but because of the love i have for my wife. but when we broke up, i fought with her parents and they refunded the money. They even added N500k interest with it making it N2m.

IRMC

I don't know when Yoruba people started collecting bride price. Most families would tell you that their daughter is not for sale. Though, you might be asked to pay other little little money to different groups in the family and present simple items on the list given to you.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by RoadMozart(m): 11:05pm On May 26
xin5:

Everyone saying prepare for entertainment.
What if I can't afford that, just the bride price.
Won't it still hold?

Besides thanks for the enlightenment
So na only 120 naira you fit afford?😂😂😂

Bros you never ready. Even if its free, you go still spend money

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by superCleanworks(m): 12:23am On May 27
xin5:
walai
A frnd told me I would be asked to cook oghwo and also palmwine and with this country like this. Small thing when de acct I de use hold myself.
when you finally reach THE LEVEL to marry, you go marry.
For now, keep holding yourself till you reach to hold person daughter join am.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Double0h7(f): 1:44am On May 27
You should be very scared if you’re on some fvck shi. My bride price was a holy book (Koran, bible etc) no monetary value, this meant that you can’t come and cry later on if I decide you didn’t meet up to my expectations. If you want your investment back, I can give it to you and walk away free.

Op, you should be very worried because such a woman is showing you that you didn’t feed anyone and so nobody owes you nothing if you start to act stupid.
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Villa12(m): 6:14am On May 27
xin5:
walai
A frnd told me I would be asked to cook oghwo and also palmwine and with this country like this. Small thing when de acct I de use hold myself.
you must be kidding guy. So you no get money and you're considering marriage? Like seriously you can't afford a traditional marriage and you wan marry?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Villa12(m): 6:16am On May 27
superCleanworks:

when you finally reach THE LEVEL to marry, you go marry.
For now, keep holding yourself till you reach to hold person daughter join am.
I swear bro. Seeing that bolded makes me feel like slapping him. He can't even afford traditional marriage so he wan marry. This guy no well o grin

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Hollybratt(m): 6:39am On May 27
[quote author=RoadMozart post=130158758]
So na only 120 naira you fit afford?Hey chap cheesy Op don forget say nothing is free in this country

IRMC
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by omoredia: 9:25am On May 27
Where are u from?
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by CountinBlessins(m): 9:27am On May 27
omoredia:
Where are u from?

He sounds Yoruba angry

Fūck him and his low value bride angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by BruzMoney(m): 9:27am On May 27
Do you want to buy her finally?
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by BiggyBB(m): 9:28am On May 27
I swear you are not a serious person.
You need more growing up to do.
120k you dey complain, must you get married?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Blazebond(m): 9:29am On May 27
120 naira na for dowry,you go still collect marriage list where Dem go write many things when you go provide on the marriage day, though the items listed can still be negotiated down a bit but die to present inflation standards,you might need to have at least 800 k to clear that list.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by TheGift: 9:29am On May 27
xin5:

She's from the south.

So you think everybody just jumps into marriage because bride price is cheap?

So what exactly is the scam they are trying to scam you?

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Sccarrr: 9:29am On May 27
PrinceofSarcasm:

Thank you for proving my point. I mean you are at the gutter level in life . You can't even speak proper English and yet you are talking about marriage?

Seems you want to raise more street urchins and fatherless touts who will grow up to add to the massive number of armed robbers everywhere?

Didn't you learn from your own terrible childhood?

You have no business talking about marriage.

Your write up, your history on this forum and everything shows you are a very low value man ,hence it makes me wonder what sort of street waif agreed to take.on such a worthless surname.

She must have been about to commit suicide and sees marriage to you are a lady resort. Because I can bodly tell you that no woman of substance or self worth will marry your type.
grin
@the bolded, is good English now criteria for getting married? , eyin fans mi, ema tun gbami😹😹

9 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 9:30am On May 27
Hollybratt:
Hey chap cheesy Well that is for you. As for me, when i wanted to marry my yoruba woman, i paid N1.5million as bride price not that i have the money but because of the love i have for my wife. but when we broke up, i fought with her parents and they refunded the money. They even added N500k interest with it making it N2m.
IRMC

grin grin you really show dem crase
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Ensa777(f): 9:30am On May 27
xin5:

She's from the south.

You are not being scammed.I also want you to know that bride price is diff from traditional marriage expenses.
In Abia State, govt set it at #120,my community set theirs at #70 and that's what my husband paid .If paredvanture the marriage is nullified,that is what would be refunded to you .

Even if you spend millions on TM and don't pay this one in particular,your wife can disappear one day because she isn't your wife.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by Foreverjen002: 9:32am On May 27
Marriage this time around is now like a family business

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by messenger4891: 9:32am On May 27
xin5:

She's from the south.

@Op what she told you is the bride prize not traditional rites (which will include but not limited to drinks for traditional,clothes,palm whine ,foods,canopies etc)
You may spend 1m for all those things but what you will pay as bride prize could be that #120.

Know this and have peace .

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by sylve11: 9:32am On May 27
xin5:

She's from the south.

She's an Urhobo girl and she's right 100%. cool
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:32am On May 27
xin5:

She's from the south.

Marriage is not like going to school or University. If you have doubts or reservations, then don't do it. You need to be certain that this is a journey you intend to carry through.

The Lord be with you.
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by id4sho(m): 9:32am On May 27
xin5:

She's from the south.
You sef, #120 can't be the only thing na cry, what's her tribe ?. State it here for proper response
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by NeckingNgulping(m): 9:33am On May 27
Senseless post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by sylve11: 9:33am On May 27
Hollybratt:

IRMC

grin grin cool
Re: Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. by NewNigeria2: 9:33am On May 27
xin5:

She's from the south.
Some part of Esan(Edo central) will only collect 24 naira as Bride price. Not every tribe is out to sell their daughter

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rivers Man And His Wife Who Gave Birth Name Their Twins Atiku And Wike (pic) / My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp / To Report A Cheating Wife To Her Husband Or Not, What's Your Take?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.