Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,984 members, 7,863,509 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:14 PM

Please Help A Friend - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help A Friend (184 Views)

A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! / Man Discovers Drugs Inside The Slippers He's Set To Deliver Abroad For A Friend / Lady Raped By A Friend She Visited, Cries Out. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help A Friend by Nwanna2588: 4:06pm On May 26
A friend of mine got scammed recently. How? Someone pretending to be from his bank called him. Since it was his bank, he trusted the caller, not realizing it was a scam. He gave away his account details from his ATM, thinking he was helping his bank. But in reality, the scammer used this information to withdraw money from his account. It turns out the scammer used Carbon, a loan app, which suggests the fraudster has an account with Carbon. Now, I'm wondering if there's a way to recover the money through Carbon since the scammer used it. Any idea on how to recover the money?
Re: Please Help A Friend by immortalcrown(m): 4:10pm On May 26
I am on able to understand what you wrote here.
Re: Please Help A Friend by Nwanna2588: 4:18pm On May 26
immortalcrown:
I am on able to understand what you wrote here.

Somebody with an account with one of the online loan apps used the account to make a fraudulent deduction from a friend's account
Re: Please Help A Friend by immortalcrown(m): 4:21pm On May 26
Nwanna2588:
Somebody with an account with one of the online loan apps used the account to make a fraudulent deduction from a friend's account
Please, what you wrote here is senseless in the banking sector. You cannot use your account to withdraw money from another person's account.
Re: Please Help A Friend by Nwanna2588: 5:21pm On May 26
immortalcrown:
Please, what you wrote here is senseless in the banking sector. You cannot use your account to withdraw money from another person's account.

A friend of mine got scammed recently. How? Someone pretending to be from his bank called him. Since it was his own bank, he trusted the caller, not realizing it was a scam. He gave away his account details from his ATM, thinking he was helping his bank. But in reality, the scammer used this information to withdraw money from his account. It turns out the scammer used Carbon, a loan app, which suggests the fraudster has an account with Carbon. Now, I'm wondering if there's a way to recover the money through Carbon, since the scammer used it. Any ideas on how to proceed with this?
Re: Please Help A Friend by immortalcrown(m): 6:23pm On May 26
Nwanna2588:
A friend of mine got scammed recently. How? Someone pretending to be from his bank called him. Since it was his own bank, he trusted the caller, not realizing it was a scam. He gave away his account details from his ATM, thinking he was helping his bank. But in reality, the scammer used this information to withdraw money from his account. It turns out the scammer used Carbon, a loan app, which suggests the fraudster has an account with Carbon. Now, I'm wondering if there's a way to recover the money through Carbon, since the scammer used it. Any ideas on how to proceed with this?
Contact the loan app company for the identity of the loan-app account used.
Re: Please Help A Friend by Nwanna2588: 7:01pm On May 26
immortalcrown:
Contact the loan app company for the identity of the loan-app account used.

I have contacted them. It is 2 hrs and counting and they are yet to reply.
Re: Please Help A Friend by NaijaCover(m): 7:30pm On May 26
Inukwa ooooo

(1) (Reply)

. / Violations Of Privacy, Murder, Abortions, Stealing Of Intellectual Properties!!! / Aisha Buhari Goes Hot Over Rape Case In FCT School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.