Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,919 members, 7,863,226 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:26 PM

Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student (20614 Views)

25 Ajayi Crowther University Students Arraigned For Beating Student To Death / Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late / Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by nlfpmod: 8:43pm On May 26
Following the tragic death of a student of the Ajayi Crowther University in Oyo State, the spokesperson for the school, Femi Atoyebi has disclosed that the hostel porter (name withheld) is assisting the police with investigations.

The said student, whose identity wasn’t confirmed by the spokesperson of the institution, was beaten to death by a group of other students for allegedly stealing a mobile phone at the Shepherd Inn hostel on the school premises.

In a telephone interview with our correspondent on Sunday, Atoyebi noted that some of the students had been arrested and handed over to the police while noting that the total number of the assailants remains unknown.

He said, “For now, I think we have some and those have been handed over to the police.”

When asked if the deceased is Alex Timileyi, a prince in the Warri Kingdom of Delta State, Atoyebi said he couldn’t confirm that.

By now, the school must have known the student. It’s not a secret. His status as a Prince, I don’t know. But to the best of my knowledge, he was a student of Ajayi Crowther University,” he said.

As for the hostel porter, Atoyebi said, “For the dereliction of his duty, he is on suspension and also handed over to the police to assist with investigations.”

According to a source in the school who spoke to PUNCH Online on Saturday on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter, he said the deceased was beaten from 6 p.m. on Friday to about 10 a.m. on Saturday.

“They said they caught him with a stolen phone. They started beating him from 6 p.m. yesterday (Friday) until he died at about 10 a.m. today (Saturday).

The incident happened at Shepherd Inn. It’s like a lodge or a hostel now. They also shaved the hair of the guy before beating him,” the source said.

https://punchng.com/student-beaten-to-death-ajayi-crowther-hostel-porter-suspended-aiding-probe/

2 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by illicit(m): 8:45pm On May 26
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by turmacs(f): 8:45pm On May 26
This is very sad, hardship everywhere. People have resulted to crime just to survive, this country is fast degenerating into an animal kingdom, lawless everywhere. The saddest part is that when you call Nigerians to come out and stage a massive protest that has the power to change this country for good, they will refuse to come our because they're afraid to lose the miserable lives they're living. Honestly if everybody in this country had the kind of guts i have ehh, all these useless politicians for don run commot for this country.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by immortalcrown(m): 8:48pm On May 26
Medicine after death.

But it is better than taking no action. The suspension cannot revive the deceased but can at least serve as a deterrence to others.

But let us put sentiment away and be logical in analysing the situation. I know that there are laxities in many offices. But in a case like this, the deceased might have resisted crying out because of shame. And if that is the case, there was no way the porter could have noticed what was going on. But if the student cried out in a loud voice and the porter didn't notice any strange atmosphere and make a move to survey the environment, the porter clearly lagged behind in his duty.

9 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by Justiceganduje: 8:48pm On May 26
Too bad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by doggedfighter(f): 8:50pm On May 26
It beats me how he's on duty and didn't hear the

noise of beating neither the wailings of the deceased.

3 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by God1000(m): 8:52pm On May 26
Justiceganduje:
If you haven't lost your possession to a thief you won't understand why the students did this, but I don't stand for murder.
they should have handed him over to the police instead of killing him

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by Tjra: 8:53pm On May 26
Justiceganduje:
If you haven't lost your possession to a thief you won't understand why the students did this, but I don't stand for murder.
Understand why he was beaten to death?

There is nothing to rationalize in this situation.

Black man and barbarism lipsrsealed

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by NaijaCover(m): 8:53pm On May 26
Hmmmmmm
Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by Charmingrascal(m): 8:53pm On May 26
Omo
No one deserves to be treated the way they treated that guy, especially on University campus. Those who tortured him were not Police, they didn't report the case to the school authority, they have retrieved the phone he allegedly stole from him, yet they kept on torturing him.
They harshly and brutally shaved his hair, wet his body with water and whipped him like an animal with a horse whip that has up to five strands.
If I were a member of his family I would make sure I send them all to jail and fight with my last breath. I would make sure that the guy who was whipping him get nothing less than a life imprisonment if he can't be sentenced to death.
Funny enough many of those who tortured him are thieves, abi no be hostel again where people dey move other people foodstuff and other things.
The torture was too much
I wonder the kind of home those guys were raised, because you can't come from a good home and torture someone like that when he didn't kill anybody.
That was barbarism at its peak.
Anyone who supports such is a barbarian and such person was raised by aggressive barbarians parading themselves as parents

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by Justiceganduje: 8:54pm On May 26
God1000:
they should have handed him over to the police instead of killing him

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by ChizzyBuna(m): 8:56pm On May 26
Ok
Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by Justiceganduje: 8:56pm On May 26
Tjra:

Understand why he was beaten to death?

Black man and barbarism lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by wunmi590(m): 8:56pm On May 26

Every body who perpetrated in the evil act must be brought to book and send to jail and throw the keys into the ocean..

How can a supposed human being kill his fellow human being all because of phone?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by id4sho(m): 8:57pm On May 26
tongue
Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by ComeToJesus: 8:57pm On May 26
Justiceganduje:

So you understand why the students killed him all because you had lost something in time past?

Nigerians, una need healing.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by ouigy99(m): 8:57pm On May 26
It's like bullying is now becoming the new norm in our society. ... From primary, secondary school, and now, universities ... Too much unsupervised movies have been watched and many will want to practice what they watched in real life ..... Only that in realise, the dead stay dead ...

The people assigned the room where the crime was committed.....those that alo stay in same floor where the dude was murdered should also be handed to the police ....person wey dem beat overnight ....they will not say they were not aware of the act being carried out....

2 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by DigitalPastor: 8:59pm On May 26
Justiceganduje:
Oga, have you been a victim of robbery before? Hand him over to the police for them to collect 10k from him and release him back to the society to continue stealing. Although, I don't support murder.

You support Murder oga and you also support jungle justice. Say it with your full chest. How can students who ought to be enlightened kill their fellow student? Okada riders better pass those students walai

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by essentialone(m): 8:59pm On May 26
If the student lived a good life, may his soul Rest in Peace.

If not...
Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by Justiceganduje: 8:59pm On May 26
ComeToJesus:

So you understand why the students killed him qll because you had lost something in time past?

Nigerians una need healing.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by Afonja007: 8:59pm On May 26
This boy dey private university to show say is either his parent or his guardian get money yet he go dey still phone ,why dem come beat their fellow student like this because of phone are we in Pakistan where students normally murder their fellow student over blasphemy ?
Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by SalamRushdie: 8:59pm On May 26
V
Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by ComeToJesus: 9:00pm On May 26
Justiceganduje:
Like I said, you won't understand.

Yes Sir, you are very correct. I can't understand the justification for killing someone because he stole a phone.

9 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by Justiceganduje: 9:01pm On May 26
DigitalPastor:

You support Murder oga and you also support jungle justice. Say it with your full chest. How can students who ought to be enlightened kill their fellow student? Okada riders better pass those students walai
Pastor indeed.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by mbahdi(m): 9:01pm On May 26
It's unfortunate
Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by Charmingrascal(m): 9:02pm On May 26
Justiceganduje:

Haven't you taken what wasn't yours before.
Swear on your life

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by door2(m): 9:03pm On May 26
We contribut for this. School today in my chuch..
Re: Ajayi Crowther Hostel Porter Suspended Over Death Of University Student by lacasera14(m): 9:04pm On May 26
Whenever something happens and I hear suspended it annoys me. Fire the person already. What is suspension?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNILORIN Post-utme Screening Result 2017/2018 Released / UNILAG Releases 2011/2012 Foundation & POST UME Merit Cut-off List And Results / The Best University In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.