Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,204 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (210021 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by NOIBMUUL(m): 10:09am On Nov 29, 2013
Siena:

Is your engine turbo, or non-turbo?

When you say your timing belt seems to be faulty, I'm not sure what you mean. If it's due for replacement (every 60,000 miles) then I would advice you get the work done - new belt, idler and tensioner. Heart-stopping bills if it snaps in service.

You mention the belt was noisy, what sort of noise? Does the noise increase with engine rpm? What grade of oil do you use, and is the oil filter replaced at every oil change? If yes, what brand of oil filter do you use?

Many thanks Siena for your response.

Yes the engine is turbo.

I've not changed the belt since I bought the car at 30,000k and it's now just above 100,000km. The noise is sort of like a cranking noise and yes, it does increase with engine rpm. Can't recall the grade of oil and brand of filter now, but I do change the oil filter at every oil change.

Thanks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by delaw4u: 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
I don't know where to buy the 02 sensor please direct me where to buy it am scared of this fake parts and what is the price of it tank
I will check the transmission oil fluid level
What I mean was that if the car is on drive or reverse gear and my foot on the pedal brake the car vibrate I can notice this on the steering
Please 0000
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by delaw4u: 4:48pm On Dec 01, 2013
Tans sienna
I have not replace the 02 sensor please direct me to where I can get it
2 I have not check the transmission oil fluid and its has not been changed at all
I just aquire the car
3 when I start the car in the morning the car tune is high and later cool down to normal level to extent that u can't hear the tune but the tune is high after a day night and subsequently it did not
Your help please
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by uchman(m): 3:30am On Dec 03, 2013
uchman: Hello all the gurus In da house(Ikenna,Sienna...)
,please this is the 4th month now my 98 MODEL Auto Golf3 car
has been on repair,but it refused to start...The car overheated
and stopped by itself while travelling,i called the road side
mechanic,who changed the top gasket and other things he did,it
didnt start,an Electrician got involved,still same,couldnt bring out spark at that wire from the coil to the distributor and while kicking,the engine revolves slowly and very dull.After 1 MONTH
at Enugu,i decided to tow it down to onitsha to my mechanic
workshop,but this is now 3months the car has been in
Onitsha,still nothing good came up...I have replaced many things
like[distributor,coil,brainbox,Engine sensor],everything still
same...Now I was told to buy a new kick starter...Can kick
starter be the problem?...PLEASE HELP GURUS,COS ITZ DRIVING
ME CRAZY...thank you
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by delaw4u: 8:45am On Dec 03, 2013
Oga sienna
I re scanned my 2003 vw passat today
Auto tranny 1.8T
They diagnose it and the code was P0229
Please what is the problem and the solution to this
Tanx
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Issyman(m): 5:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
Otunba Siena, well done for the good work on this forum. I appreciate of you guys-you, ikenna,car doctor, lomomike and all the gurus in the house that have been sharing their knowledge with us. I can proudly say that I now challenge my mechanic views on repairs. I now know more. when you ask all these our mechanics about your observations on your car, they will always tell you "oga leave am like that, nothing go do am or it will go away".
I have always been a Nissan user and now a Toyota user (03 camry). Otunba Siena, I will need ur sincere advice on 2000 Volkswagen Passat cos I am contemplating on getting one instead of carina E. my fear on the Passat is the durability, reliability, cost of maintenance and availability of the spare parts.
pls, can you enlighten and advice if I should go for the car.
Note: I want to buy for my madam and location is Abuja. atleast there are good roads. expecting your prompt response.
thanks.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Oluabayomi1(m): 5:38pm On Dec 07, 2013
@Oga Sienna,pls i need brief info on Volkswagen Sharon as regard fuel economyparts availability e.t.c coz am contemplating of getting one for transportation.
I ll be glad if u could also tell me d direct market price from cotonou
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by baybiemee: 7:51am On Dec 08, 2013
@ sienna;
kindly advice the correct transmission oil to be used for a 1999 Audi A6.
My mechanic suggested Oando or Sea Horse Dexron III. Are they okay?

Much obliged for your response.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 10, 2013
delaw4u: when I start the car in the morning the car tune is high and later cool down to normal level to extent that u can't hear the tune but the tune is high after a day night and subsequently it did not
Your help please

You'll have to explain much better than you're doing now, because I haven't the faintest idea what you're trying to ask me about.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
baybiemee: @ sienna;
kindly advice the correct transmission oil to be used for a 1999 Audi A6.
My mechanic suggested Oando or Sea Horse Dexron III. Are they okay?

Much obliged for your response.

None of the Dexron grades are compatible with the ZF5HP19-A in your Audi A6. You need to get genuine Audi transmission fluid, or at best Lifeguard 6.

Nothing else will do.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
uchman: uchman: Hello all the gurus In da house(Ikenna,Sienna...)
,please this is the 4th month now my 98 MODEL Auto Golf3 car
has been on repair,but it refused to start

Before going any further, I'd like to know what the engine size is.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by delaw4u: 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2013
Code P0299 on my volkswagen passat 2003 model 1.8T
What to check/do to fix the problem
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
I am currently having issues with my golf3 ac. I just refiled the gas and everything was fine. Afete few days it stopped cooling. I took it back and they told me the will check for leakages. After checking they coulding locate any. All I was told is that the problem is from the evaporator. In which I was told that they will have to remove the dash board to test if it's the cos.
All i want is ideas before i allow the technictechnician to go ahead with it.

Please coukd it be the cause.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by baybiemee: 10:36am On Dec 12, 2013
Siena:

None of the Dexron grades are compatible with the ZF5HP19-A in your Audi A6. You need to get genuine Audi transmission fluid, or at best Lifeguard 6.

Nothing else will do.

Thanks a bunch, really appreciate.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by muhds1: 7:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
Pls where can I get chf 11s mineral power steering hydraulic for my audi a6 in nigeria. Thank you
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by pricelessmr: 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
Siena,
Please, I use a VW Sharan 1996 model, VR6, auto. Unfortunately, I drove through a very deep water log area and my Gear box failed because water entered it. I bought another gear box from Lagos and it failed in less than 24hrs and was leaking oil.
I was advised by some persons to convert it to manual gear to avoid further trouble.
What's your advice on the conversion from auto to manual.
I don't want to fall into the unending loop of these incompetent road-side mechanics.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by ateke2(m): 12:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
@sienna pls advice. no start, no spark from plugs. Local Mechanic says replace ECU. Got it scanned p0321 and p0864 came up. Vw jetta 2.0l auto.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sorry guys, I'm away from home, I'll respond to your queries later on this evening
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by delaw4u: 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
P0229 on my vw passat
1.8T engine
Auto tranny
What to fix or check please help oooooo
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by pricelessmr: 8:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
pricelessmr: Siena,
Please, I use a VW Sharan 1996 model, VR6, auto. Unfortunately, I drove through a very deep water log area and my Gear box failed because water entered it. I bought another gear box from Lagos and it failed in less than 24hrs and was leaking oil.
I was advised by some persons to convert it to manual gear to avoid further trouble.
What's your advice on the conversion from auto to manual.
I don't want to fall into the unending loop of these incompetent road-side mechanics.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by pricelessmr: 8:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
Siena: Sorry guys, I'm away from home, I'll respond to your queries later on this evening

Siena, I'm still waiting patiently for your expert advice.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by mutiply: 10:59pm On Dec 20, 2013
Good day to the gurus, please do pardon me cause I know little about fault and knowledge in cars, my mum has an audi 80 without a/c, manual transmission. There is a problem of over heating that has refused to go away in the last 6months, she can't travel long distance if the kilometer is reading 100 cause it must overheat and show sign that it should be parked, it must b below 70, she has changed the fan, radiator and today she changed the gasket but it just won't stop, the mechanic seems to be reaping a lot from her, please do help with your positive suggestions. Thanks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by mutiply: 10:42am On Dec 21, 2013
I beg the gurus in the house to help me, these mechanics have been doing trial and error. All through yesterday, I was in the mechanic, I have started same again today without success.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by kc007(m): 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
mutiply: I beg the gurus in the house to help me, these mechanics have been doing trial and error. All through yesterday, I was in the mechanic, I have started same again today without success.
They should check the top cylinder for a possible crack. I had such experience with golf3 2.0 engine, changed the top cylinder & problem was solved.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by HANTI: 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
hi i want to buy an audi v6 a4 1997 model any one in the house with it
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 24, 2013
hello oga siena.
complement of the season......
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by cjeriia: 11:26am On Dec 24, 2013
Guyz Siena is d man. He delivered d cherished Z5lifeguard ATF and SAE5W/30 engine oil 4 my wife.
Pix below @ least 2 know wat it looks like especially 4 guyz dat think its commercially available in Nigeria.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by delaw4u: 6:04am On Dec 26, 2013
Please help my vw passat is leaking under I can't find the exact place its 03 1.8engine

Where can I buy G12 coolant or wish other one can I buy pls help
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by ukandi1(m): 7:00am On Dec 26, 2013
kc007:
They should check the top cylinder for a possible crack. I had such experience with golf3 2.0 engine, changed the top cylinder & problem was solved.

very correct.. Not just volks , its more common with toyotas. U must check d topcylinder for possible cracks and subsequent replacement otherwise, keep feeding d mechanics.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by ukandi1(m): 7:05am On Dec 26, 2013
mutiply: Good day to the gurus, please do pardon me cause I know little about fault and knowledge in cars, my mum has an audi 80 without a/c, manual transmission. There is a problem of over heating that has refused to go away in the last 6months, it must overheat and show sign, she has changed the fan, radiator and today she changed please do help with your positive suggestions. Thanks
Tell d mechanics u want to change d topcylinder point blank. If u seek their opinion, they wil discourage u so that u keep coming to them. Change that top and u wil be happier u did. Gudluck
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by ukandi1(m): 7:06am On Dec 26, 2013
mutiply: my mum has an audi 80 without a/c, manual transmission. There is a problem of over heating that has refused to go away in the last 6months, it must overheat and show sign, she has changed the fan, radiator and today she changed please do help with your positive suggestions. Thanks
Tell d mechanics u want to change d topcylinder point blank. If u seek their opinion, they wil discourage u so that u keep coming to them. Change that top and u wil be happier u did. Gudluck
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by mutiply: 11:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
Thanks for your wonderful responses, I have changed the top cylinder on tues, I tested it on the high way today but the over heating keeps coming, each time I try to drive at 100kph, the temperature on the dash board rises above the temperature logo, I can only drive it within my town and it should not exceed 80kph,
Please do share other info concerning this issue cause I have really spent money on this but no avail, I have changed the gasket twice, bought a new radiator and fan, the water pump is working fine. Can any electrical fault be this cause of this? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (58) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.