Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (211026 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by stormm: 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2014
@Siena, please is the Passat CC 2012 model a good buy? Thank you
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by PrinceLat(m): 7:39pm On Nov 19, 2014
Volkswagen
Golf mkiv
Automatic

Last week i discovered my car started to overheat when i put on the a.c ,especially in traffic, so i just put it off, i noticed it again twice, so i checked my radiator fan , and discovered only the small one is working, the big one doesnt spin at all, so i did a test on the big one after removing the harness, testing for the low and high speed ,it didnt spin still, so i went and got a replacement which worked , but i only used it for one day, after returning from a journey only to discover that the car started to overheat again, i put off the a.c and was just praying it shouldn't be the fan again,.......alas i parked and checked the big fan is gone dead again, did my testing as usual connecting directly to the battery for low and high speed , no spinning, my concern is what is killing my big radiator fan, i don't want to replace the fan and have it blow out again.

i have checked the fuse on the battery , both the 30a and 40a responsible for the AC, COOLING AND FANS THEY ARE GOOD (the small fan works well)

@Sienna and the house, please what could be the problem here
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by redcliff: 10:57am On Nov 23, 2014
stormm:
@Siena, please is the Passat CC 2012 model a good buy? Thank you

Depending on what you are looking for in a car, there is no car which is not a good buy. The longevity and health of your car would highly depend on how you maintain that said car!
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by stormm: 7:40am On Nov 27, 2014
redcliff:

Depending on what you are looking for in a car, there is no car which is not a good buy. The longevity and health of your car would highly depend on how you maintain that said car!

Thanks. My question relates to how well suited is it for use in Nigeria? Is it expensive to maintain?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Exxigence: 1:01am On Nov 30, 2014
01) Audi
02) A4 B5
03) V6
04) Manual
05) 1998
06) US
07) RWD

Recently solved the heater core being clogged which lead to no heat being circulated and now it seems we may have messed something else up as now the interior fan blower/climate control fuse seems to be blowing. One after another.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by caldan: 12:59am On Dec 10, 2014
am very happy to have stumbled on a forum/ thread like this after all what I have been experiencing .
My car is
Passat b4
Auto
4 cylinder
The problem started with my car being reluctant to move on reverse gear except I rave it and it eventually stop moving on reverse gear all front drive were perfect. I therefore changed the gear box.
The new gear moves perfectly on reverse and drive but i later started experiencing car sliping back to gear 3 from 4 and it wont return back to 4.
We scan and it shows code 00652 we would wipe it would come back, check oil-atf level its OK.
A/c blows warm air after several changing and refilling the gas
I am pissed off pls help.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by MR247: 3:42am On Dec 10, 2014
Thank you siena, for the good job,
Pls l need ur help l have VW with the specification,
Gulf 3 wagon 1998 model
Engine size 1,2-2.0
Manual transmission

After washing the engine it started jerking and black smoke. I have changed fuel filter,fuel pump, service the injector and plug. Also l have changer the air flowmeter,yet it still smoke and jerk.
NB:Whenever, it start to jerk it is either l cluch it and fire or I put it on neutral and fire before it get normal.l also notice while firing it the smoke smells like cabide.
Pls l need ur advice on what to do .
Thankz
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by antace(m): 6:29am On Dec 31, 2014
Good day Chief Siena and thanks for all the wonderful jobs you've been doing on here.
I just took delivery of a 1999 model Golf MK 4 with 1.4 16V Engine. What are the things to look out for as regards preventive maintenance and how reliable is the engine?
It's a 5-speed manual tranny.
I'm really looking forward to your prompt response.
Season's Greetings!
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by emeths: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
following
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Duane10101: 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
Hi Siena
I have a 1994
Audi 500se
Auto
I washed my engine yesterday (lightly), once I was done I started the car and let it idle as I I have done many times before. I then turned the car off and proceeded to pack all the washing up stuff away.
I then wanted to start the car to move it and it swung but would not fire. I figured there was a bit of moisture in/around the plugs, so I cleaned them and lubed them with wd40, car still wouldn’t start, after a while of puzzling and checking things I tried again and it fired perfectly. This morning it started fine, I drove into town and to get to the shops, when I was done and wanted to start the car it would not start again. After a while and the battery almost running flat it fired and I drove straight home, turned the car off and 20 minutes later tried starting it again and would not start. it also sounds like theres a slight missfire when she's hot.
I have checked that its getting fuel and the pump is pumping, what else could be the issue.
I appreciate any input you may have.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Kave(m): 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2015
IS SIENNA STILL ON THIS TREAD?...

GOLF MK4
OVERHEATING PROBLEM

WATER PUMP CHANGED
GASKET CHANGED
FAN CHANGED.
RADIATOR FLUSHED

.........BUT STILL OVER HEATING...

PLEASE HELP...
NOTE( MY MECHANIC SAID I SHOULD CHANGE THE RADIATOR...ANOTHER SAID CHANGE THE TOP CYLINDER..
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by kayodu: 6:21am On Feb 01, 2015
01) Make- vw
02) Model- Sharan
03) Engine size -2.0
04) Transmission type - 6gear
05) Model year -2007
06) Spec -Euro
07) Drive configuration - manual
FAULT:
19) Black smoke from exhaust. Also causing the drop in the engine oil depending on how i make use of the car
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 01, 2015
Exxigence:
01) Audi
02) A4 B5
03) V6
04) Manual
05) 1998
06) US
07) RWD

Recently solved the heater core being clogged which lead to no heat being circulated and now it seems we may have messed something else up as now the interior fan blower/climate control fuse seems to be blowing. One after another.

It's possible there's a short circuit, a pinched wire trapped somewhere. Or there is water where there shouldn't be any.

Does the fuse blow when the blower is set to low speeds? Is the blower noisy?

Try disconnecting the compressor in the engine bay, then switch the blower on full. If the fuse does not blow, the compressor is bad.

Do the same with the blower motor, then the actual condenser fan, one at a time. The purpose of this is to determine where the fault / high resistance lies.

I take it your mechanic pulled your dash to replace the heater core, right?

For reference bruh, your Audi A4 is FWD.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 01, 2015
Kave:
IS SIENNA STILL ON THIS TREAD?...

GOLF MK4
OVERHEATING PROBLEM

WATER PUMP CHANGED
GASKET CHANGED
FAN CHANGED.
RADIATOR FLUSHED

.........BUT STILL OVER HEATING...

PLEASE HELP...
NOTE( MY MECHANIC SAID I SHOULD CHANGE THE RADIATOR...ANOTHER SAID CHANGE THE TOP CYLINDER..

What engine size is your VW Golf IV?? The coolant bleed procedure is different, depending on the engine fitted.

1998 was the final year the Golf III was produced (excluding Estate and Cabrioled variants), and the first year the Golf IV hatchback was produced. Could you take a picture of the engine bay, and post it here?

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Mcdonelldouglas(m): 10:54am On Feb 02, 2015
Dear Siena, my vw vento 1.8 SPI 1992 will not go past 140km/h. It mostly maxes out at 120km/h and seldom reaches 140km/h. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
Mcdonelldouglas:
Dear Siena, my vw vento 1.8 SPI 1992 will not go past 140km/h. It mostly maxes out at 120km/h and seldom reaches 140km/h. Thanks in anticipation.

Is your car an automatic, sir? And is there a check engine lamp illuminated on your dash?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Mcdonelldouglas(m): 8:31am On Feb 03, 2015
Thank you sir for your speedy response. There is no light illuminating on the dash. I just have a feeling the car has lost some of its power over the years. Besides that, sometimes the car accelerates so well you can harldy believe it houses a 1.8 litre engine, and sometimes acceleration is sluggish especially after the car warms up. Its fun to drive sometimes and sometimes not. It does'nt deliver power readily all the time, and it doesnt burn oil. No black smoke, no misfire. I don't just understand the car.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Mcdonelldouglas(m): 8:33am On Feb 03, 2015
The car has a 5 speed manual transmission.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 03, 2015
With what you have posted in terms of symptoms Douglas, I would be looking a scan. You could have a bad coolant temperature sensor. I can't remember if the early SPI engines run a MAF, I reckon no.

It does sound like it's over fuelling though. Is your exhaust tailpipe blacker than usual, and has your gas mileage gotten worse?

Please get a scan done, and post the results here.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by oweniwe(m): 9:12am On Feb 03, 2015
mili3kid:
pls oga siena, how many litres of engine oil is recommended for my golf 3 1.8L engine?

Go check your car's manual nau angry

if, with typo error, siena says 20litres, you go carry 20 litres pour inside?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 03, 2015
mili3kid:
pls oga siena, how many litres of engine oil is recommended for my golf 3 1.8L engine?

Without oil filter change, 3.5 litres. With oil filter change, 4.0 litres.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Mcdonelldouglas(m): 2:50pm On Feb 03, 2015
Siena:
With what you have posted in terms of symptoms Douglas, I would be looking a scan. You could have a bad coolant temperature sensor. I can't remember if the early SPI engines run a MAF, I reckon no.

It does sound like it's over fuelling though. Is your exhaust tailpipe blacker than usual, and has your gas mileage gotten worse?

Please get a scan done, and post the results here.
. Never mind Siena. I have changed the coolant temp sensor before. At that time the car produced black smoke and did'nt start when hot, and the engine revved very hard on its own as though someone was revving it. There is nothing really wrong with the car, i just wished i could go past 140km/h with it. I will manage the 120 or sometimes 140km/h. I must commend you for your incredible knowledge of autos and how kind and thoughtful it is of you to take your time to share and help out your fellow Nigerian's. Thank you so much. Kind regards.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by alex252ab: 7:26pm On Feb 04, 2015
Hello group.
Am new here, I just want an advise on my audi car. My engine is bad and I want to replace it. Can anybody direct me to a good audi mechanic, who can help purchase another engine for fixing.
Engine type is 2.4 V6
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by ekaeme: 8:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
hi siena, good job on the thread.

i need to get a car from Germany(for some comparative cost reasons) and i have reduced my options to either a VW or Audi-6/4( for the sleek look). its going to be my first car and am really scared as i don't want to make mistakes with problematic models since my woman will be using it more with the kids. i want something good looking, durable and economical in maintenance/ availability of parts.

with your experience and information what options and reasons are in your good books (yes i know u don't make them so its purely advisory and all responsibility for choice is mine smiley)

i will appreciate prompt response as am running out of deadline time.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by mili3kid(m): 8:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
oweniwe:

Go check your car's manual nau angry

if, with typo error, siena says 20litres, you go carry 20 litres pour inside?
lwkmd....choi bros I go schl na. i just dey ask for professional adbice ni oook...
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by mili3kid(m): 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
Siena:

Without oil filter change, 3.5 litres. With oil filter change, 4.0 litres.
aii tnx boss
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by oweniwe(m): 8:25pm On Feb 04, 2015
mili3kid:

lwkmd....choi bros I go schl na. i just dey ask for professional advice ni oook...
wink
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Kave(m): 10:32pm On Feb 04, 2015
Siena:

What engine size is your VW Golf IV?? The coolant bleed procedure is different, depending on the engine fitted.

1998 was the final year the Golf III was produced (excluding Estate and Cabrioled variants), and the first year the Golf IV hatchback was produced. Could you take a picture of the engine bay, and post it here?

THIS IS MY ENGINE ....its 1.4.
water pump changed,
gasket changed..
Engine Oil also changed( pls note the engine oil lights is on, i thought it would go off after oil change)
fan replaced.... but still over heats.

1 Share

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by asmabel: 10:43am On Feb 11, 2015
Please i need help!!!! Especially at Siena. I am so desperate. I have a VW Jetta 2006 TDI (diesel). Since i got it, its been one issue after another. Now the gear is refusing to shift. The [P R N D S] on the dashboard keeps flashing and it wont shift. If i turn off the car and put it back on, it drives ok. I noticed its A DSG as well. Please does anyone know a mechanic that deals with VW. Going to VW would cost me an arm and leg. Do not have that kind of money. Advice please. Has anyone experienced such issues.

Thank You
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by DECOtech(m): 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2015
asmabel:
Please i need help!!!! Especially at Siena. I am so desperate. I have a VW Jetta 2006 TDI (diesel). Since i got it, its been one issue after another. Now the gear is refusing to shift. The [P R N D S] on the dashboard keeps flashing and it wont shift. If i turn off the car and put it back on, it drives ok. I noticed its A DSG as well. Please does anyone know a mechanic that deals with VW. Going to VW would cost me an arm and leg. Do not have that kind of money. Advice please. Has anyone experienced such issues.

Thank You
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by 9icetoo(m): 12:04am On Feb 20, 2015
Hello all. I have small problem and i am hoping Siena and co can sort me out. I recently bought a skoda octavia 1.9Tdi (mk2). However, it's missing a few parts. The master and slave cylinder is missing as well as the complete clutch pedal (someone did a number on me). I have found matching replacements for the master and slave clutch cylinder (from a volkswagen bora). I would like to know if the clutch pedal from a bora can be a direct replacement for that of the skoda octavia.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by deltree(m): 5:31am On Feb 20, 2015
Hello Siena,
My 2012 VW CC Lux recently had the esp error turn up. It had come on at different points earlier but always went off. This time around it didn't go off and shortly after, abs, traction control, airbags and parking brake lights all come on and haven't gone off since then.

My mech had said it was the abs wheel sensor for the rear right tyre. They swapped it out. Errors went out for a day and returned afterwards.

I ran a scan on the car with Vagcom yesterday. Attached is the scan result.

Please help take a look and advise on what I should be looking at.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (58) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.