Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (209992 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by aezenkwu(m): 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2023
felix55:

Don't change anything to manual pls.. those mechanic r fish brain. Scan d car and show us d code. EPC LIGHT can b camshaft sensor, brake pad or light, throttle Body or pedal, bad ABS sensors, water sensor or air flow sensor.. etc.. just scan d car & I will help u out.. return those things u bought & use d money buy scanner.
Don't allow those people to damage ur car.

I didnr see this
Worst mistake ever
Car no gree change gear
Omoh wasted all my car and I can park

Please help me I want to revive this car
After all I spent in this car it's nothing
They even changed it to 1.3 engine and car steering is strong and the left the car asked me to pay oh
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by aezenkwu(m): 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2023
I need a good mechanic that can revive my car back to automatic
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Cool83(m): 10:54am On Oct 22, 2023
Please help me out, my golf 3 consumed 4 liters of petrol within 3 minutes of driving, my mechanic suggest changing of the injector or I convert it to carburetor
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by jceesquare(m): 6:16am On Oct 23, 2023
Cool83:
Please help me out, my golf 3 consumed 4 liters of petrol within 3 minutes of driving, my mechanic suggest changing of the injector or I convert it to carburetor
Change your mechanic ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by felix55(m): 6:55am On Oct 23, 2023
Cool83:

Black smoke...rich fuel burning.. possible cause : MAF SENSOR, BAD NOZZLES, BAD O2 SENSOR ETC...
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by eduman07(m): 12:28pm On Oct 26, 2023
jceesquare:

Change your mechanic ASAP.

Mumu machanic..
They like to convert anything beyond their knowledge

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by eduman07(m): 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2023
felix55:

Black smoke...rich fuel burning.. possible cause : MAF SENSOR, BAD NOZZLES, BAD O2 SENSOR ETC...

How do I correct a little bent front tire.
I have vw touran Fsi camber don't have any adjustments or neither on the front hub
Am experiencing this on only the passenger wheel having a little k leg..
Do I change complete camber and bushings..
I need advice biko..
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by aezenkwu(m): 6:21am On Oct 30, 2023
I need a good mechanic too

If you also have clean golf 4 with automatic transmission and 1.6 engine
I'm interested
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by KillahPriest: 6:15am On Oct 31, 2023
aezenkwu:
contact greatstephenho

2 Likes

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by emolala(m): 6:26am On Nov 05, 2023
Good day to all our beloved Technicians in the house we really appreciate all you do for us..pls assist me sirs,I want recommendations on what scanner to buy for my golf 3 1996 model automatic transmission(type and price)..I observed that it consumes fuel and also when I service the car,before the next schedule service date, I observed that the engine oil becomes short (I use quarts 5000 Total 4litires) and from advices I read here it is better you scan and get a correct interpretation before approaching the mechanic..
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by felix55(m): 7:20am On Nov 07, 2023
emolala:
Good day to all our beloved Technicians in the house we really appreciate all you do for us..pls assist me sirs,I want recommendations on what scanner to buy for my golf 3 1996 model automatic transmission(type and price)..I observed that it consumes fuel and also when I service the car,before the next schedule service date, I observed that the engine oil becomes short (I use quarts 5000 Total 4litires) and from advices I read here it is better you scan and get a correct interpretation before approaching the mechanic..
Thanks.

Ur car can't be scan due to obd2 scanner started from car of 1998- to date.
S ur car producing black smoke ? If yes chk ur nozzles, o2 sensor if ur car came wit it, clean ignitor with cleaner & allow it to dry.
Fo shortage of oil, chk if there is a lick around d engine block or s ur car producing blue smoke ? If yes s either u change d rings or u change d engine... Prefer changing d engine because to see original rings in this Nigeria is very hard..

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by jceesquare(m): 4:15am On Nov 08, 2023
felix55:

Ur car can't be scan due to obd2 scanner started from car of 1998- to date.
S ur car producing black smoke ? If yes chk ur nozzles, o2 sensor if ur car came wit it, clean ignitor with cleaner & allow it to dry.
Fo shortage of oil, chk if there is a lick around d engine block or s ur car producing blue smoke ? If yes s either u change d rings or u change d engine... Prefer changing d engine because to see original rings in this Nigeria is very hard..
Very wrong. Before OBD2 which was introduced to American cars in 1996, there was OBD 1. So his car can be scanned with a VW OBD 1 scanner or an OBD 2 scanner with VW OBD 1 adapter.
emolala:
Thanks.
You can buy Autel scanner or any scanner that comes with different OBD 1 head adaptor accessories.

2 Likes

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by aloyt(m): 5:11pm On Feb 03
pls can anyone here recommend a very good mechanic for my vw passat b6 fsi 2.0T;
Oil pressure error coming up; also oil in the coolant; Note, head gasket was just changed;
Car not idling well and not accelerating well at the moment
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by royalair(m): 11:26pm On Feb 05
aloyt:
pls can anyone here recommend a very good mechanic for my vw passat b6 fsi 2.0T;
Oil pressure error coming up; also oil in the coolant; Note, head gasket was just changed;
could be a bad turbo, breather hose might be clogged, blown head gasket or bad oil cooler. Run a compression test on each cylinder. Most importantly have you scanned the car? Is there an EPC error on the dash board?. Where's your location

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by islandah: 8:36pm On Mar 07
What is your location?

aloyt:
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nomyth: 2:09pm On Mar 11
Hello house,

My mechanic just crashed my VW passat 2008 turbo beyond repair now someone is offering another one as swap for the accidented but what he's offering is non turbo. Question is:

Do I get the non turbo like that, or

Do I get the non turbo, remove the engine and put the turbo engine from the accidented one (engine is still good) or

Should I get a body and just put the turbo engine?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by jceesquare(m): 8:12pm On Mar 11
Nomyth:
Hello house,

My mechanic just crashed my VW passat 2008 turbo beyond repair now someone is offering another one as swap for the accidented but what he's offering is non turbo. Question is:

Do I get the non turbo like that, or

Do I get the non turbo, remove the engine and put the turbo engine from the accidented one (engine is still good) or

Should I get a body and just put the turbo engine?
It's safer to get the exact same body for transplant.
Using the non turbo would require you transplanting the wiring harness and co to the donor car.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by ihimiray(m): 2:04pm On Mar 12
Hello house good afternoon...I have a gear issue with my Passat fsi...while driving the engine revs up so loud without the car moving...and the PRNDS LIGHT is on...my mechanic said I need to change the gear that it bad...pls is der any other way around dis
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nomyth: 2:44pm On Mar 12
jceesquare:

It's safer to get the exact same body for transplant.
Using the non turbo would require you transplanting the wiring harness and co to the donor car.

Thanks.

Should I just take the non turbo as a trade off like that?

And is moving from a turbo engine to non turbo a downgrade?

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by jceesquare(m): 9:59am On Mar 13
Nomyth:

Thanks.

Should I just take the non turbo as a trade off like that?

And is moving from a turbo engine to non turbo a downgrade?
Yes, moving to a non turbo is considered a downgrade.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by gambus007(m): 2:43pm On Mar 13
I am looking for a Nigerian-used Volkswagen Golf MK5 in excellent condition, equivalent to tokunbo standards. Manual gear.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by royalair(m): 11:57am On Mar 14
Hello all, I have a bit of a challenge with my Volkswagen passat 2007 FSI. Whenever it's parked under the sun for a while or the interior gets hot due to sunny weather and I try to start. It starts and goes off in 2-3 seconds and pops up the error code "immobilizer active". The only way to start it is to do an ECU override by removing battery terminals and wait for 15 minutes, connect them back and start. This doesn't happen during cool or cold weather

Note: I have changed remote batteries yet the problem persists. It's an insert to start key. Please help!!
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 6:00am On Mar 25
aezenkwu:
what car and where is your location?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 6:00am On Mar 25
royalair:
Hello all, I have a bit of a challenge with my Volkswagen passat 2007 FSI. Whenever it's parked under the sun for a while or the interior gets hot due to sunny weather and I try to start. It starts and goes off in 2-3 seconds and pops up the error code "immobilizer active". The only way to start it is to do an ECU override by removing battery terminals and wait for 15 minutes, connect them back and start. This doesn't happen during cool or cold weather

Note: I have changed remote batteries yet the problem persists. It's an insert to start key. Please help!!
Have you scanned the vehicle
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 6:01am On Mar 25
ihimiray:
Hello house good afternoon...I have a gear issue with my Passat fsi...while driving the engine revs up so loud without the car moving...and the PRNDS LIGHT is on...my mechanic said I need to change the gear that it bad...pls is der any other way around dis
Have you scanned the vehicle
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Djswad(m): 9:53am On Mar 29
Good morning house my VW Mk4 consumes 7liters of fuel for 32km journey please house Is these normal .I think the car they drink fuel
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by eduman07(m): 4:11pm On Apr 02
Hello Engineers in the house..
Pls I use a vw touran , recently discovered it uses two wiper motor saperatly..
The passenger side stopped working.
When I scanned it, it gave a no signal/communication from passenger side wiper.
I have checked the wires and they are fine..
I swapped them both still didn't work..
The driver side moto only works on its side.
And it can not be tested on the floor with just 12v battery..

I need ideas as am currently using just one..
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Agasco2020(m): 5:12pm On Apr 04
megastu:
Audi A4 (2004) or Volkswagen Touareg (2007) which one should i buy?

Good day Guys. I just got a jetta... please add to VW WhatsApp group if it exists.... 07032389962
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Agasco2020(m): 8:06am On Apr 19
So, Volkswagen users don't have a WhatsApp group?? Please add me if there are any
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Ayomipoe(m): 7:44am On Apr 26
Bosses in the house, I greet.

I want to ask if you can help me identify the year of the Passat.

The seller claims it's 2004 and that it is direct Belgium(I no believe)

Are these cars reliable daily drivers compared to a Golf 4?
The seller is asking 1.7 for it ( Negotiation has not occurred, just his initial price)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Agasco2020(m): 10:43am On Apr 26
Ayomipoe:

The seller is asking 1.7 for it ( Negotiation has not occurred, just his initial price)

Count the VIN number from the first, the tenth number is the year of production.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by BestTrades: 10:57am On Apr 26
Ayomipoe:

Use free vin decoder to know any vehicle's make ,model year and more

https://verifyithq.com/free-vin-decoder/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.