Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,521 members, 7,854,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:07 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2355183 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (3545) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2012
Na waoh! No song,no van persie. Who's next. Who is replacing song in that midfield? Certainly not sahin. We need a battle hardened henchman there. We need somebody like de jong. This could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
dayokanu:

Hold on to him and let him move if necesary for free.

Bayern did the same to ballack when Madrid was chasing him and even man utd was offering him the captain armband.

bayern made a statement that they would never sell, We are not a selling club and he should wait out his contract.

When barca/Real came snooping for Ribery, Schweinsteiger and lahm same thing we told them BAYERN IS NOT A SELLING CLUB

different circumstances....
in this case, van persie made it clear he doesn't want to play @ arsenal again....if such situation arises in bayern or any other club, the club's hands would become tied. ribery, ballack and bastian did not release a statement that they didn't want to be in bayern munich - in other words, apples and oranges!

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2012
coogar:

if city had a better squad than united, why did it take them until the last 10 seconds of the season to clinch the title? liverpool beat united 4-1@ old trafford in 08/09 season, it means they were better? dupe, are you a faggot or a faggot magnet? why do you have your head so far up your arse?

Did Liverpool win the league in the 08/09 season? Coo, why are you trying so hard to be dumb? City won the league in 2011/2012 and in the same season trashed manure 1-6 at Old trafford while manure was getting whipped by Basel in Europa. Yes, they had/have a better squad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2012
dipo+:

Did Liverpool win the league in the 08/09 season? Coo, why are you trying so hard to be dumb? City won the league in 2011/2012 and in the same season trashed manure 1-6 at Old trafford while manure was getting whipped by Basel in Europa. Yes, they had/have a better squad

united beat liverpool to it by 4 precious points. city did not beat united by points, they did by goals difference. so in a nutshell, had aguero smashed the post instead of scoring to beat qpr and united won the league despite losing 1-6 to city - then united have the better team?

so city have a better squad than man utd because aguero scored a winner in the last few seconds playing against a 10-man qpr team? you see why we call you a tool? you are judging a better squad based on one single moment!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2012
coogar:

united beat liverpool to it by 4 precious points. city did not beat united by points, they did by goals difference. so in a nutshell, had aguero smashed the post instead of scoring to beat qpr and united won the league despite losing 1-6 to city - then united have the better team?

so city have a better squad than man utd because aguero scored a winner in the last few seconds playing against a 10-man qpr team? you see why we call you a tool? you are judging a better squad based on one single moment!!!

Lamentations.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by HNIC(m): 8:32pm On Aug 16, 2012
Let's leave this van persie talk.
EPL starts in two days time
New beginning

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 8:42pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sunderland game:

Hopefully Arteta is back to full fitness and Cazorla returns from International duty on time.

Depending on if Arsene would want to play Song before his Barca move and with Sagna out, Ild say we are a bit short at the back.
Without Song, we'ld play Coquelin and Arteta just behind Cazorla and Gervinho, Walcott and Giroud upfront. Jenkinson (#coldshiver), TV5, Kos and Santos/Gibbs with Sczesny should complete the team.

Or should we play Kos on the right and then play Per with TV5 as CBs?
Thank God its a home game. We should navigate through this one without much hassles. But then, its Arsenal we're talking about.

I hope we can sort out who's coming in or leaving asap cos it get harder from next week. Stoke and Liverpool away on paper would be hard nuts to crack
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
proudly9ja: Sunderland game:

Hopefully Arteta is back to full fitness and Cazorla returns from International duty on time.

Depending on if Arsene would want to play Song before his Barca move and with Sagna out, Ild say we are a bit short at the back.
Without Song, we'ld play Coquelin and Arteta just behind Cazorla and Gervinho, Walcott and Giroud upfront. Jenkinson (#coldshiver), TV5, Kos and Santos/Gibbs with Sczesny should complete the team.

Or should we play Kos on the right and then play Per with TV5 as CBs?
Thank God its a home game. We should navigate through this one without much hassles. But then, its Arsenal we're talking about.

I hope we can sort out who's coming in or leaving asap cos it get harder from next week. Stoke and Liverpool away on paper would be hard nuts to crack

I really hope this is what the gaffer will do, that Jenkinson puts the fear of God in me lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
@ 4uller

You dey mind emotional people like proudly? You should ignore economic sense and pander to a players' whims. As if his job is now strategy not scoring goals. cheesy

Amy Lawrence said the boy was making outrageous demands at the club (knowing no club would ever agree to such nonsense) thus ensuring his departure. RVP is no 21 year old phool - he's 29 and he was hell bent on leaving. We've proved that we won't accept nonsense from any player.

If you think you're too big for the club, we will sell you to the highest bidder - f**k off. That's the type of message egotistical players need.

Arsenal needs money - our sponsorship deals don't make as much as Utd and others do - till we get that money back, we won't be 'proving' points by spunking £20m for one season's performance.

Ask anybody here - would you pay £20m (plus wages) to sign a player for a year on loan? Once RVP decided to leave the matter was settled.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2012
naijababe:

I really hope this is what the gaffer will do, that Jenkinson puts the fear of God in me lipsrsealed

I hope not. If we field all our top CBs in one game we are taking a very big risk at a very early stage in the season. Remember that we used to count on the versatility of Song to play CBs at times when our CBs are injured but things are about to change as Song appears to be moving. I say we use Coq at right back since he appears more decent there than Jenk but Wenger already told us Jenkinson will start.
I'm not worried anyways.
Cant wait to see our midfield come back to life with Carzola wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Wordsmith(m): 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2012
Since we're now everyone's bi.tch, we might as well decide who gets sold next season and the players 'evaluation' and the point at which we sell off if the 'price is right'. I nominate Wilshere. Anyone else?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2012
debosky: @ 4uller

You dey mind emotional people like proudly? You should ignore economic sense and pander to a players' whims.

Ask anybody here - would you pay £20m (plus wages) to sign a player for a year on loan?
Once RVP decided to leave the matter was settled.

Looool..which economic sense? To answer your question, YES! especially if I had £70M+ as account balance, I wouldn't mind grin grin

Seriously though, I don't know much about economics but I know that it makes no sense (whether economically or football wise) to sell your best player to a rival club. Its worse when this trend of selling your best player happens every season. We can't be rebuilding every year nah. One step forward, ten steps backwards.

Anyways, me I don move on. It seems Sahin would be coming in this weekend once Madrid sort out Modric though Liverpool fans seem to think he's heading to Anfield. Whichever way, if Song leaves, as much as I love Coquelin, Im not sure Il be comfy with him as our first choice partner for Arteta.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
BTW,

It seems Kyle Bartley is heading for Swansea on a permanent basis for £1m. Time for Miguel to step up
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
proudly9ja:

Looool..which economic sense? To answer your question, YES! especially if I had £70M+ as account balance, I wouldn't mind grin grin

No wonder you don't have £70m in the bank. grin Only a madman would throw away £20m to 'prove a point' that no one is interested in. Will refusing to sell RVP now mean other players won't be offered three times their salary next season and want to leave? cheesy

Seriously though, I don't know much about economics but I know that it makes no sense (whether economically or football wise) to sell your best player to a rival club. Its worse when this trend of selling your best player happens every season. We can't be rebuilding every year nah. One step forward, ten steps backwards.

All things being equal, it won't make sense. But you know what? All things ain't equal! We do not have the revenue generating capability of Utd, and till we do, saying no to £20m is financial madness, especially in a summer we've gone out and spent over £35m already.

Besides, we've sold before - sold Adebayor when he was scoring over 20 goals a season to Citeh. We've sold Nasri and Clichy to Citeh as well. If no 'point' was proved with them, what point do you think you'll prove with RVP? Oh the 'best player' ish. grin

What governs player sales at Arsenal primarily is your length of contract - if you have one year left and refuse to sign, you are sold. Clichy, Nasri and RVP fit that profile, and Cesc was an anomaly due to the Barca DNA malarkey.

Anyways, me I don move on. It seems Sahin would be coming in this weekend once Madrid sort out Modric though Liverpool fans seem to think he's heading to Anfield. Whichever way, if Song leaves, as much as I love Coquelin, Im not sure Il be comfy with him as our first choice partner for Arteta.

Sahin? I'll believe that when I see it. Other reports claim he may be going to Liverpool. I'll wait till Song's leaving is confirmed to comment further on that one. As far as we know there has been no formal bid, and Arsene has publicly said he doesn't want to sell. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2012
Meanwhile, Cazorla scored in Spain's friendly - getting his shooting boots warmed up for destroying teams at the Emiraati. cool

proudly9ja: BTW,

It seems Kyle Bartley is heading for Swansea on a permanent basis for £1m. Time for Miguel to step up

Rumour has it that it's somehow related to Arsenal wanting to sign Rangel from Swansea? Is that the RB signing AW has been planning? Interesting to be selling KB just as he's been promoted to the first team.

Seems RVP has opened the floodgates for departures . . .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
debosky:

No wonder you don't have £70m in the bank
. grin Only a madman would throw away £20m to 'prove a point' that no one is interested in. Will refusing to sell RVP now mean other players won't be offered three times their salary next season and want to leave? cheesy

All things being equal, it won't make sense. But you know what? All things ain't equal! We do not have the revenue generating capability of Utd, and till we do, saying no to £20m is financial madness, especially in a summer we've gone out and spent over £35m already.

Besides, we've sold before - sold Adebayor when he was scoring over 20 goals a season to Citeh. We've sold Nasri and Clichy to Citeh as well. If no 'point' was proved with them, what point do you think you'll prove with RVP? Oh the 'best player' ish. grin

What governs player sales at Arsenal primarily is your length of contract - if you have one year left and refuse to sign, you are sold. Clichy, Nasri and RVP fit that profile, and Cesc was an anomaly due to the Barca DNA malarkey.
If you had £70m, you'ld know its easy to 'throw away' £20m grin grin. Seriously, the question is what is the point? MAYBE (and I know its a big maybe), if we had proved this point years ago, players like Nasri, Song, Walcott and RVP would not have had the boldness to try this rubbish. How many clubs sell their best players every season? Na only us get financial problem ni?

debosky:
Sahin? I'll believe that when I see it. Other reports claim he may be going to Liverpool. I'll wait till Song's leaving is confirmed to comment further on that one. As far as we know there has been no formal bid, and Arsene has publicly said he doesn't want to sell. . . .

Two weeks before we bought Cazorla, Arsene said he hadn't even heard of Cazorla. No be you dey talk say one shouldn't believe Arsene?
I'm not even going to bother about. After RVP, Im not sure any move out of Arsenal will surprise me again. What is important is if the guy has made up his mind to leave, then Arsene should sell him. Waiting till next year when he'l have one year to go on his contract and we get thrown into this player leaving or not imbroglio is not ideal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 9:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
debosky: Meanwhile, Cazorla scored in Spain's friendly - getting his shooting boots warmed up for destroying teams at the Emiraati. cool

Rumour has it that it's somehow related to Arsenal wanting to sign Rangel from Swansea? Is that the RB signing AW has been planning? Interesting to be selling KB just as he's been promoted to the first team.

Seems RVP has opened the floodgates for departures . . .

I think KB was promoted so we could make money off him. Dunno what the rules say but would we have been able to sell a reserve player for £1M? KB has reached the age where he either plays or leaves. With Per, TV, Kos and JD20, not sure he has space in that team. Anyways, Miguel is still there if we need back up.

Hopefully Chamakh, Bendtner will still follow the same route. If we get a RB, Arsene should please loan out Jenkinson. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
Just coming in

Jack Wilshere is Arsenal's new no10!
If anything would make me smile from all these RVP saga, this is it!

And Theo about to sign 'long term contract'
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 1025: 10:00pm On Aug 16, 2012
dipo+:

If you don't see that I was pointing to the 1-6 trashing as a further proof that City already have a stronger squad compared with Manure (and don't require any new signing) aside winning the league last season, you are a certified M0R0N and I will never respond to your asininity again.
Fuc off

maybe, i am the only one here that understands ur point. you mean there is a great difference between winning man city with 1 - 0 especially when howard webb is involved and thrashing man u 6 - 1 without the help of the ref abi?
just the same way man u thrashed arsenal 8-2. man city sent a clear massage with action of which man u have been doing everything within their powers to solve including buying van persie. if not for the fact that drogba is very very blue to his bone marrows, fergie also wanted him.
the inability to accept defeat is a very bad habit.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 10:00pm On Aug 16, 2012
Our new no10

disclaimer: the pic may have been photoshopped but Jack is officially the new no10
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dont8(m): 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2012
We've got Arsene Wengers in the house. grin gringrin

Can't still believe my RVP is gone, hope Podolski live up to expectations and not another Chamack in the making.

Anyway, I wish him best of luck in his new club.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2012
That's last season's away kit so probably photoshopped.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2012
Why should Wilshere have the no 10 jersey?

I doubt if that picture is recent, since it does not depict our new away jersey.

Only Podolski had not yet been assigned a number. Most probably, Arsenal was waiting for RVP to leave so Podolski can rightly have his deserved number.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
More stories emerging about the crazy demands that RVP made:

He demanded a £5m loyalty bonus, plus £13m a year, a new right back, a new centreback, and his own Dutch physio shipped in to work with him full-time, paid for by the club! Apparently asking for more money than Yaya T was earning at Citeh.

RVP dictating who the club signs? So glad Arsene told him to GTFO.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kaypumpin2(m): 10:51pm On Aug 16, 2012
^^^^^
Also just read he's been pimping himself to Man U since January.He allegedly told Cesc he will be off after one more season of trophyless-ness.

The earlier we forget about this issue the better.RVP is now a Man United player as it is.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
^^ Nice to see you back on this thread bro. . . .how follypimpin? Been ages since I saw him around these parts.

I agree we need to forget the ex player - once we get footie back then we'll return our total focus on Arsenal FC players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kaypumpin2(m): 11:42pm On Aug 16, 2012
Great to see you guys holding it down Debo.Follypimpz is fine and since footie is starting in earnest,the gooner-dom will be back in FULL FORCE.

After all said and done,i am looking forward to Arsene's autobiography in the future.I really want to know the ACTUAL happenings behind the scene.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 12:40am On Aug 17, 2012
debosky: More stories emerging about the crazy demands that RVP made:

He demanded a £5m loyalty bonus, plus £13m a year, a new right back, a new centreback, and his own Dutch physio shipped in to work with him full-time, paid for by the club! Apparently asking for more money than Yaya T was earning at Citeh.

Did he also demand first-refusal on teammates' wives? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 1:45am On Aug 17, 2012
debosky: More stories emerging about the crazy demands that RVP made:

He wanted a new right back and a new centreback. We gave him a new club. #Arsenalrocks
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 4:54am On Aug 17, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 6:04am On Aug 17, 2012
Pataki: Why should Wilshere have the no 10 jersey?

I doubt if that picture is recent, since it does not depict our new away jersey.

Only Podolski had not yet been assigned a number. Most probably, Arsenal was waiting for RVP to leave so Podolski can rightly have his deserved number.
Photoshop. I did put a disclaimer below the pic BUT Jack Wilshere has actually been given the no10. At least so say my sources.

kay_pumpin:
After all said and done,i am looking forward to Arsene's autobiography in the future.I really want to know the ACTUAL happenings behind the scene.
Same here
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 9:48am On Aug 17, 2012
debosky:

who does?
united now have 30 different sponsors - just yesterday, bwin(madrid's shirt sponsors decided to sign another shirt deal with united) the money is so much they decided to undisclose the value of the deal. there's not going to be an end to this - you lots should be grateful to the glazers for clipping united's wings. if the £500m they have spent servicing the loans had gone into buying players, wenger would have resigned long time ago....

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (3545) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.