Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2319157 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) ... (3491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2018
So like this pool and city has entered December with unbeaten run. Pray Chelsea joins tthem.

Most competitive league in the world cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:18pm On Nov 24, 2018
krattoss:
So like this pool and city has entered December with unbeaten run. Pray Chelsea joins tthem.

Trust English refs to use their 419 methods to end the unbeaten run when they come against the likes of Watford or Wolves.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by TLona1: 9:44am On Nov 25, 2018
krattoss:

If it were Barca and Madrid, y'all will tell us how boring La Liga is because "it's a two sided league".
Now that it's EPL, it's because it's the best league in the world.

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 10:21am On Nov 25, 2018
Talking about great coaches, it's criminal how Poch doesn't get much praises. I mean what the guy is doing at Spurs is nothing short of a miracle. He's had a net spent of +26 million pounds over the past few years and Spurs wage bill is about similar to Leicester and Everton. Didn't even buy any player in the last window and his team haven't played at "home" for about 18 months now.

He's punching well above his weight and he should get more praises than Pep, whose team is where it should be on the basis of money spent in transfers and wage bill.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:22am On Nov 25, 2018
KevinDein:
Talking about great coaches, it's criminal how Poch doesn't get much praises. I mean what the guy is doing at Spurs is nothing short of a miracle. He's had a net spent of +26 million pounds over the past few years and Spurs wage bill is about similar to Leicester and Everton. Didn't even buy any player in the last window and his team haven't played at "home" for about 18 months now.

He's punching well above his weight and he should get more praises than Pep, whose team is where they should be on the basis of money spent in transfers and wage bill.
Moyes did it for Everton, nothing spectacular
Wengay did it too when we were building Emirates
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 10:28am On Nov 25, 2018
sod09:
Moyes did it for Everton, nothing spectacular
Wengay did it too when we were building Emirates
That Moyes and Wenger did it then doesn't make it any less impressive. Moyes and Wenger received praises then and Poch deserves praises now. He's literally up against five clubs that have far more resources that him and he's standing his ground.

Dude is the real MVP

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:31am On Nov 25, 2018
KevinDein:

That Moyes and Wenger did it then doesn't make it any less impressive. Moyes and Wenger received praises then and Poch deserve praises now.

has he won any trophy
Btw, spurs spent alot too only this season he didn't buy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 10:47am On Nov 25, 2018
sod09:
has he won any trophy
Btw, spurs spent alot too only this season he didn't buy
I'm not one to criticize a manager for not winning a trophy. The uneven playing field in football finances these days means trophies shouldn't be the only yardstick to measure success. Pep in his first season at City went trophiless. He then splashed the cash and poached Walker, Mendy, Bernardo etc. By so doing, he didn't only strengthen his team, he significantly weakened teams like Spurs, Monaco etc. You literally can't compete with clubs that are sponsored by rich countries.

I'm sorry, I'm not gonna join the bandwagon and praise Pep for winning trophies (to me, he basically bought them) while downplaying the great jobs guys like Poch and Jardim have done or are doing.

That's just my view anyway. Feel free to disagree.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:36am On Nov 25, 2018
KevinDein:

I'm not one to criticize a manager for not winning a trophy. The uneven playing field in football finances these days means trophies shouldn't be the only yardstick to measure success. Pep in his first season at City went trophiless. He then splashed the cash and poached Walker, Mendy, Bernardo etc. By so doing, he didn't only strengthen his team, he significantly weakened teams like Spurs, Monaco etc. You literally can't compete with clubs that are sponsored by rich countries.

I'm sorry, I'm not gonna join the bandwagon and praise Pep for winning trophies (to me, he basically bought them) while downplaying the great jobs guys like Poch and Jardim have done or are doing.

That's just my view anyway. Feel free to disagree.
I'm not praising pep too, but Pochettino and Klopp are nothing spectacular if Ranieri can win the league with 5m oldies in Leicester
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 11:53am On Nov 25, 2018
sod09:
I'm not praising pep too, but Pochettino and Klopp are nothing spectacular if Ranieri can win the league with 5m oldies in Leicester
That Ranieri adventure at Leicester is an outlier and not the norm. grin It's a freak event; something that happens once in a lifetime. You cannot judge coaches based on that.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2018
KevinDein:

That Ranieri adventure at Leicester is an outlier and not the norm. grin It's a freak event; something that happens once in a lifetime. You cannot judge coaches based on that.
I knew you were going to say that,just wondering why it didn't happen to Pochettino

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 12:24pm On Nov 25, 2018
I'm also not part of those who rate a manager based on trophies won, Mourinho bullied us in his first seasons when the Russian billionaire was the biggest investor at Chelsea.
I personally rate Klopp,Poch,Emery,jardim and Simeone amongst many others,they aren't backed up with money like pep,mou..and yet set out a team worthy of competing at the highest level..

Don't forget how the big guns weak their side every year. So it isn't that easy to win trophies ahead of them.

Moyes couldn't survive when money came into play unlike poch.

Only God knows what could happen if the tables can be turned around.Pep/Mou managing teams with not so much financial backing and vice versa.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2018
Fkhalifa:
I'm also not part of those who rate a manager based on trophies won, Mourinho bullied us in his first seasons when the Russian billionaire was the biggest investor at Chelsea.
I personally rate Klopp,Poch,Emery,jardim and Simeone amongst many others,they aren't backed up with money like pep,mou..and yet set out a team worthy of competing at the highest level..

Don't forget how the big guns weak their side every year. So it isn't that easy to win trophies ahead of them.

Moyes couldn't survive when money came into play unlike poch.

Only God knows what could happen if the tables can be turned around.Pep/Mou managing teams with not so much financial backing and vice versa.

how can you guys say you can't rate a coach base in trophies,this was the stupid mentality wengay put in our heads.
No wonder we can't compete for anything,imagine yourself as a coach and you telling your players play good football I don't mind trophies.
No wonder arsenal and spurs have same thing in common, bottle up a strong position.
No wonder someone was having orgasm on Napoli that will go trophy less.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 1:49pm On Nov 25, 2018
3 at the back and Ozil on the bench. No Lacazette. Interesting line up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2018
sod09:
how can you guys say you can't rate a coach base in trophies,this was the stupid mentality wengay put in our heads.
No wonder we can't compete for anything,imagine yourself as a coach and you telling your players play good football I don't mind trophies.
No wonder arsenal and spurs have same thing in common, bottle up a strong position.
I see you still haven't let this issue go. You really have to learn to respect other people's opinions and views on things. Some just aren't crazed about trophies and if they were they could easily switch and start supporting the Bayerns, Juves, PSG, and Man Citys of this world.

Respect people's opinions even if they differ to yours.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:00pm On Nov 25, 2018
KevinDein:

I see you still haven't let this issue go. You really have to learn to respect other people's opinions and views on things. Some just aren't crazed about trophies and if they were they could easily switch and start supporting the Bayerns, Juves, PSG, and Man Citys of this world.

Respect people's opinions even if they differ to yours.
ok peace
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:02pm On Nov 25, 2018
Emery the real MVP
He is not afraid of tweaking or benching anyone

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:51pm On Nov 25, 2018
If only Iwobi knows how to shoot the ball..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:01pm On Nov 25, 2018
LMAO @ that own goal by Lemar. It looked like a strikers touch.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2018
Omo see bizzare own goal...wonder volley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2018
sod09:
There's no coach that will set out his team not to win any possible trophy, no matter how you tell or strive to win, you wouldn't win jack if you won't.. Everyone cannot win the league in the same year, honest assessment of teams performance will give sincere rating of the manager

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:17pm On Nov 25, 2018
See counter attack for the equalizer.

Iwobi with some useless one corner dancing triggered that equalizer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2018
Roland17:
See counter attack for the equalizer.

Iwobi with some useless one corner dancing triggered that equalizer.
can you see Mourinho was right on mhki the idiot is waste of space..auba can be useless sometimes too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ORIJIN201(m): 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2018
Michki=waste pipe
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2018
There we go Auba.. Iwobi with the excellent first pass to open up Kola

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2018
I am not comfortable with this substitution especially since we are only up by 1
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 4:45pm On Nov 25, 2018
Performance wasn’t great. But a win where we desperately needed 3 points, away against a top half team is fantastic none the less.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 4:47pm On Nov 25, 2018
guys how did you see holding performance in today game ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2018
sod09:
As useless as Wenger was he still won FA cup. Pochentino is yet to win a spoon. As for Klopp, it is wait and see.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2018
How did this waste pipe finish the game and torreira get sub off...
Emery sub today was uncalled for angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2018
sod09:
How did this waste pipe finish the game and torreira get sub off...
Emery sub today was uncalled for angry

And his decision to remove Tor changed the tide of the game and almost cost us the game because guys were biting into possession rather than read the ball, intercept and tackle. It was an important result for us and credit to the lads for seeing the game through.

Kolasinac looked very decent in the 2nd half, hopefully this gives him some confidence.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2018
Fkhalifa:
There's no coach that will set out his team not to win any possible trophy, no matter how you tell or strive to win, you wouldn't win jack if you won't.. Everyone cannot win the league in the same year, honest assessment of teams performance will give sincere rating of the manager
It takes a different mentality to win trophies than play good football.

Why I rate Pep is because he won the title with ease just as we all expected him to. Some other managers would have the same team and wouldn't win.

Moyes had the chance to spend at United and save his life but couldn't. Himself to blame.

Klopp has spent big this season, let see if he can win anything.

Pochentino has built a formidable side overtime. Can he win something?

If Pochentino wins this season, he gets rated. Until they win, they remain behind Pep.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) ... (3491) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.