Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,702 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2299167 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2018
Fkhalifa:
whatever you do at a schalke won't be recognized world wide like that of a topflight city.
I remembered how gueondozi and yacin Adli were reported( like a gamble) while sane was like the next big thing.

Sane was no different from a regular youngster who had potentials he at Schalke was like Max Meyer, Gnabry and other German youngsters of his age

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 9:27pm On Nov 17, 2018
Fkhalifa:
I meant the way his transfer was reported.He was thoroughly analysed and he wasn't like an unknown kid,but like a Sancho.
I'm not disputing pep didn't work on him, but he had it in him.

Which professional footballer didnt have it in him? Or you think clubs just felt like wasting money? You think Welbeck didnt have it in him? or Marko Marin, or Oodegard or McTominay?

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
raumdeuter:

All these one are revisionism. Those posts I quoted were the average reactions to those signing. Its only after they succeed that people are now twisting to say they were good players

Ipopalomo actually laughed at Walker and Stones, Walker was benched at his latter time at Spurs. Stones was the butt of jokes
ipop can't represent all football fans thought on them, I'm sure pundits instantly made city the league favorite that year for those acquisitions. Stones made errors in his first year,and its normal for anti pep/city to make a joke out of it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 9:30pm On Nov 17, 2018
Fkhalifa:
ipop can't represent all football fans thought on them, I'm sure pundits instantly made city the league favorite that year for those acquisitions. Stones made errors in his first year,and its normal for anti pep/city to make a joke out of it.

I tire ooo... but ask him... why Pepsi no carry Champions League for Munich...?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 9:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
Fkhalifa:

They made City the favourite because of Pep. every time Pep coaches a team the pundits immediately make them the favourite because they know the job he can do on his teams

So it was the same error prone Stones that is now considered the coming of Maldini just to ridicule the work Pe did on him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
raumdeuter:

Which professional footballer didnt have it in him? Or you think clubs just felt like wasting money? You think Welbeck didnt have it in him? or Marko Marin, or Oodegard or McTominay?
McTominay,Leon bailey,niklas pepe and Matteo guendozi won't all cost around same range.
City can afford pep millions to risk a youngster.I doubt others club side would do.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 9:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
iPopAlomo:

So Pep must be carrying CL everywhere he plays? Where has Wenger or Emery carried CL in their career. You swore Pep wont win EPL he disgraced you won by breaking every record instead of apologizing you are still bragging

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 9:34pm On Nov 17, 2018
Fkhalifa:
McTominay,Leon bailey,niklas pepe and Matteo guendozi won't all cost around same range.
City can afford pep millions to risk a youngster.I doubt others club side would do.

How much will Leon Bailey or Niklas Pepe cost? Lindelof a defender cost 40M, Fred cost 50M

I have shown you evidence that Chelsea spent 260m last season alone why havent they turned to City

This is Leon Bailey last January Leverkusen wont even discuss anything below 50M
https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/2/5/16973208/bayer-leverkusen-leon-bailey-asking-price-50m-euro-chelsea-arsenal-summer-transfer-links
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2018
raumdeuter:

They made City the favourite because of Pep. every time Pep coaches a team the pundits immediately make them the favourite because they know the job he can do on his teams

So it was the same error prone Stones that is now considered the coming of Maldini just to ridicule the work Pe did on him
Ahhh, you think they will make sevilla the favorite if pep goes there with limited backing of funds from the owner, just because it is Pep's team?
It is easy to name Bayern and city ( with funds)for quality squad depth.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
raumdeuter:

How much will Leon Bailey or Niklas Pepe cost? Lindelof a defender cost 40M, Fred cost 50M

I have shown you evidence that Chelsea spent 260m last season alone why havent they turned to City

This is Leon Bailey last January Leverkusen wont even discuss anything below 50M
https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/2/5/16973208/bayer-leverkusen-leon-bailey-asking-price-50m-euro-chelsea-arsenal-summer-transfer-links
maybe if Chelsea can afford to spend more on quality bench like that of PEPs city.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 9:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
Fkhalifa:
maybe if Chelsea can afford to spend more on quality bench like that of PEPs city.

the difference between Chelsea spending and City spending since Pep joined is a total of 60M
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 11:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
Fkhalifa:
was he a flop? The manager wanted him and he delivered him the league,he was ahead of dimicheles.

You were corrected on Sterling, I would think you would fact-check before calling Mangala a league winner. Hope you know Pellegrini only won one league title at City?

And Mangala is a massive flop. But tomorrow, if Pep makes him like prime Puyol, you people will turn around and claim he was a world class star who had it in him and was therefore bought for 42M. I tire.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 11:36pm On Nov 17, 2018
Fkhalifa:

BTW, Pundits did not instantly do anything. It was a toss-up between United and City. City started gaining traction because of how they started. Even at that, Pep kept warning that his team was not yet fully set and some NLders here told you people about how old the squad was. To now claim acquisitions made Pep a favourite is nonsense.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 11:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
iPopAlomo:

So if he won it, what next? What criteria will you then reassign him to, to prove he is the best around? You should be hiding. You have been totally exposed. Thing is, I already know your type. Soon as the UCL is won, you'd say, let him do back to back like Zidane to prove himself.

You have quarrelled with common sense and she swore never to help you again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 11:45pm On Nov 17, 2018
Fkhalifa:

Oga this is fraudulent analysis. From what we have seen, Pep's City cannot outspend anyone. We know this because each time he competed with any team for any player, the other teams almost always won. Fred, Jorginho, Alexis are some of the players he was outbidded for. Pep goes for talents that he can identify with- some of which other managers either cannot see or do not even want. When he moulds them into wonderful players, you people switch and start spewing trash. The only reason some of Pep's players come a bit pricy is because most teams know "if Pep wants this player, then he must be really good" so they hike the price. That is why Mahrez that will later come for 60M was few months prior tagged at 90M because they thought Pep was desperate to have him having lost Alexis.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by TLona1: 5:40am On Nov 18, 2018
It's so funny how winning the UCL in Bayern now determines the greatness of a coach.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 6:11am On Nov 18, 2018
TLona1:
It's so funny how winning the UCL in Bayern now determines the greatness of a coach.

In the past 4 decades only 2 coaches have won the UCL at Bayern but once Guardiola does not win it in 3yrs he failed

Juup the last coach to win it coached Bayern 4 times he won it at his 3rd attempt at coaching Bayern
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by TLona1: 7:10am On Nov 18, 2018
raumdeuter:

In the past 4 decades only 2 coaches have won the UCL at Bayern but once Guardiola does not win it in 3yrs he failed

Juup the last coach to win it coached Bayern 4 times he won it at his 3rd attempt at coaching Bayern

It just shows his level.

They expect more from him than any other coach.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by TLona1: 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
Eruditor:
Just this last world cup Fernandinho..Sterling...Bernado Silva and Jesus were criticised and called frauds. I don't want to talk about Mendy and co that did not even play at all. Even KDB was criticised. But as soon as these same players play for Pep we start hearing about how much they were bought for and how world class they are. To me, it is a testament to Pep more than a criticism. I don't get irked by such anymore.

Another thing I was hoping people will state on NL (but I am yet to see on any thread) is that Maradona is a very good friend of Jose Mourinho (you can watch the documentary on Mou's 10th year as a manager to see this) so it should come as no surprise that he has been taking his man's side. He does not believe what he is saying.

As for the confused people who talk about tiki-taka and what not. They should go and watch Pep's Barca, Bayern and now this City. He plays (and has always played the most balanced style of football) where he mixes great counter attacking, short passes, long passes and even root one to win games. I laugh when I see "analysts" on NL spew thrash. Eveyrwhere he went his teams usually scored the most and conceded the least except Barca 2011/12 and City 16/17 and in those 2 seasons he did not win the league.

If his style was just "tiki-taka" why is it till date impregnable to other tactics from other coaches?

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 7:35am On Nov 24, 2018
raumdeuter:

Sane was no different from a regular youngster who had potentials he at Schalke was like Max Meyer, Gnabry and other German youngsters of his age
The same Sane that played against Madrid and scored two beautiful goals? He was the rave of the moment all over Europe, you can't say he was like Gnabry or Max Meyer, he delivered on the grandest of stages and against the very best.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 7:37am On Nov 24, 2018
Eruditor:

You were corrected on Sterling, I would think you would fact-check before calling Mangala a league winner. Hope you know Pellegrini only won one league title at City?

And Mangala is a massive flop. But tomorrow, if Pep makes him like prime Puyol, you people will turn around and claim he was a world class star who had it in him and was therefore bought for 42M. I tire.
Mangala was highly rated at Porto, all the top clubs were scouting him, that he didn't succeed at City doesn't mean he is a bad player.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 10:17am On Nov 24, 2018
Interesting arguments from both sides. But history has shown that Pep only wins trophy when he has by far the best team/squad in a competition. He has never won a trophy with an underdog or even a team that is just about equal with the other rivals. Mourinho (I hate the man) has done it with Porto and Inter.

Pep won the Champions League with Barcelona because he had the greatest player of all time at his peak playing for him. Along with two supremely talented midfielders, all in their peaks, who would be mentioned amongst the greats in the future. He was handed a treble winning Bayern team but couldn't win the champions league on three occasions. Obviously because he kept coming across equal or slightly better teams.

Pelegrini handed him a title winning Man city team that was expensively assembled at that time but he needed to spend close to half a billion pounds on the same team to win the league the next season. He finished 3rd in the first season when his squad was about equal (if not better) to 2 or 3 others in the league.

Fair play to him he has a system that works and he usually identifies players, most times very expensive ones, to fit in. But let's be honest, he is more like a driver who wins a car race only when he is given the fastest car.

Expect him not to win the Champions League again this season because at least 2 clubs (Juventus, Barcelona) have squads that are more or less equal to city's.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 12:35pm On Nov 24, 2018
Only if Emery can get what pep bets in a transfer window..
I will recruite the following:
SIDiBE
NATHANIEL AKE
DOUCOURE
WILIFRED ZAHA
MIGUEL ALMIRON
PULISIC
MEMPHIS DEPAY
CHiLWelL
ALCANTARA THIAGO

The above are typical pep signings,they aren't stars but modern day Guns ready for all kinds of war.

I will sell off the following:
LITCHTENER
KOLASINAC
CHAMBERS
XHAKA
ELNENNY
RAMSEY
OZIL
WELBECK
MHICKY

I'm sure pep himself will shake and the pundits will tip us for big things
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2018
patrickmuf:
The same Sane that played against Madrid and scored two beautiful goals? He was the rave of the moment all over Europe, you can't say he was like Gnabry or Max Meyer, he delivered on the grandest of stages and against the very best.

This is revisionism of the highest order.
First which game did Sane score 2 goals vs Madrid.
Second how many teams in Europe were on him
3 how many goals has he scored for Schalke before he was sold
4. Was it not the same Sane that was ridiculed as an expensive flop in his first season?
5. How many caps did he get for national team as a result of this performance

I'm sure if Kehrer becomes a great defender you'll come tell us that he was a good defender at Schalke

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2018
patrickmuf:

Mangala was highly rated at Porto, all the top clubs were scouting him, that he didn't succeed at City doesn't mean he is a bad player.

He has left City for almost a year now, How far with his career?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2018
KevinDein:
Interesting arguments from both sides. But history has shown that Pep only wins trophy when he has by far the best team/squad in a competition. He has never won a trophy with an underdog or even a team that is just about equal with the other rivals. Mourinho (I hate the man) has done it with Porto and Inter.

When Guardiola took over City they finished 4th in the league level on points with Man Utd. So a team that finished 4th is the best team in the league

When Guardiola took over Barcelona they had just gone 2 seasons trophyless and finished the league 17 points behind the leader. So a team that finished 2 seasons trophyless, 18points behind the league leader can be called the best team or squad

Mourinho joined Man Utd signed the most expensive midfielder in the league, added the most expensive striker in the league to it, plus the highest earning player in the entire league

Pep won the Champions League with Barcelona because he had the greatest player of all time at his peak playing for him. Along with two supremely talented midfielders, all in their peaks, who would be mentioned amongst the greats in the future. He was handed a treble winning Bayern team but couldn't win the champions league on three occasions. Obviously because he kept coming across equal or slightly better teams

Before Pep joined Barcelona what was Messis level? How many goals was he scoring? Was he not just wasted on the wings until Pep converted him to a forward and his productivity doubled?.
So tell us a coach or a team that wins the treble every season. Ferguson won the treble in 1999, why didnt he win it in the following years?

Pelegrini handed him a title winning Man city team that was expensively assembled at that time but he needed to spend close to half a billion pounds on the same team to win the league the next season. He finished 3rd in the first season when his squad was about equal (if not better) to 2 or 3 others in the league.

So a title winning team is one that finished 4th level on points with Man Utd

Fair play to him he has a system that works and he usually identifies players, most times very expensive ones, to fit in. But let's be honest, he is more like a driver who wins a car race only when he is given the fastest car.

Expect him not to win the Champions League again this season because at least 2 clubs (Juventus, Barcelona) have squads that are more or less equal to city's.

How many other teams are expected to win the Champions League every season? How many coaches are expected to win this CL every season

Pep has left Bayern now have they won the CL that you told us was their birthright?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2018
I told someone a while back

Any title Guardiola wins they will tell us "Any manager can win it"

Any title Mourinho wins they will tell us "Only Mourinho can win it"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2018
raumdeuter:

This is revisionism of the highest order.
First which game did Sane score 2 goals vs Madrid.
Second how many teams in Europe were on him
3 how many goals has he scored for Schalke before he was sold
4. Was it not the same Sane that was ridiculed as an expensive flop in his first season?
5. How many caps did he get for national team as a result of this performance

I'm sure if Kehrer becomes a great defender you'll come tell us that he was a good defender at Schalke
UCL, he was great against Madrid.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2018
patrickmuf:
UCL, he was great against Madrid.

I dont remember him scoring 2 goals vs Madrid. And he wasnt a star before City bought him. In that Schalke team he was like the other youngsters

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2018
raumdeuter:

I dont remember him scoring 2 goals vs Madrid. And he wasnt a star before City bought him. In that Schalke team he was like the other youngsters
Sorry, he scored one and he was one of the best player on the pitch if not the best. After that match, the world stood up and noticed him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2018
patrickmuf:

Just like Bakayoko which means if he later starts playing like prime Yaya Toure people will turn around and say he was always good which is why he was expensive.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2018
KevinDein:

Pep won the Champions League with Barcelona because he had the greatest player of all time at his peak playing for him. Along with two supremely talented midfielders, all in their peaks, who would be mentioned amongst the greats in the future. He was handed a treble winning Bayern team but couldn't win the champions league on three occasions. Obviously because he kept coming across equal or slightly better teams.

These arguments are rehashed and tired.

Barca that pundits gave United a slight advantage in the finals was the "best" team. (Because they won you have reverted to call them best team).

But Bayern that had just won UCL (no longer best team having 2 teams comparable to them) just to save your dumb argument.

Meanwhile, if he won with Bayern, you would have said "nothing special since that was the team that had already won it before he came".

How do I know? You just claimed that with Barca.

City went from 1st to 2nd to 4th. Verdict to you - best team.
He sold almost all the old legs and replaced them. You ignore that and talk about how much it cost to buy new players.

Same you, " Emery should buy one winger, 2 CBs, 1CM, 1RB, 1LB" etc. LOL.

If you don't like Pep, you don't like him. Don't use illogic to support yourself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) ... (3477) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.