Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,062 members, 7,845,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2347276 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) ... (3543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 12:29am On Apr 19, 2019
Fkhalifa:

This is a fan who is honest to himself, it takes balls to openly admit this,you just like me and few orthers definitely missed the sweet glory days of beautiful euphoric moments Arsenal used to have at the big stage.
We should have gotten klopp, my fear is if he feels this players are good enough, then we haven't moved on from Wenger era, he needs to slowly ease them out and bring in what the modern football requires (I.e Mental and physical strength, highly talented personnel etc).
I wish we win this Europa,but my fears are :English teams hardly do well against Spanish teams and facing a Chelsea team who may rely on Europa for UCL football.

Emery understands the Spanish game well, it was his forte for years, he knows their strength and weaknesses. I'm confident we can get to the final, this time around.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 12:33am On Apr 19, 2019
KevinDein:

Looll grin

My Arsenal is so good they made Napoli look like proper shiitt over 180 minutes. grin Play that game for the next 2 days and those guys wouldn't score a goal. I mean Monreal got the best effort on goal for them in the entire tie.

Disappointing from napoli. Awesome Arsenal.
Sincerely, I was a lil disappointed in Napoli's approach, what happened to them, I remembered they beat Liverpool and PSG on their ground, the commentator said it and gave kudos to Arsenal.
We were wary of drawing them and I'm sure no team wanted them in the knock out stage, something went wrong I can't fathom, but I don't want to believe they are that bad nor we are that super.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 12:34am On Apr 19, 2019
Ramsey is going to be a loss if he indeed pulled his hamstring, he is a player with goals in his game. With Auba and Lacazette fluffing their lines, missing one and ones and easy chances, we could do with an alternative goal scorer as we prepare for this final push for Top 4.
Ozil is not a goal scorer, Iwobi shoots like an over pampered teenage girl, Mkhi is being Mkhi. I sense that if Auba and Lacazette don't start being clinical and ruthless in front of goal, Ramsey injury might become fatal to our Top 4 chances. Or could Suarez step up and deliver finally?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 12:40am On Apr 19, 2019
Arsenal have conceded just one goal in the past seven matches across all competitions:

������� Arsenal 2-0 Man United ✅
�� Arsenal 3-0 Rennes ✅
������� Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle ✅
������� Everton 1-0 Arsenal ❌
�� Arsenal 2-0 Napoli ✅
������� Watford 0-1 Arsenal ✅
�� Napoli 0-1 Arsenal ✅

When the Boss Marshall your defense, you concede less and have a lot of clean sheet. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 12:45am On Apr 19, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Sincerely, I was a lil disappointed in Napoli's approach, what happened to them, I remembered they beat Liverpool and PSG on those ground, the commentator said and gave kudos to Arsenal.
We were wary of drawing them and I'm sure no team wanted them in the knock out stage, something went wrong I can't fathom, but I don't want to believe they are that bad nor we are that super.

You lots are not giving Arsenal and Emery the credit we deserve.
Napoli didn't suddenly became weak, Emery tactics and our players perfect execution of the tactics made Napoli look impotent. Napoli is still a strong team any day any time, they are currently second in seria A, and no one should tell me that Serie A quality is poor, wasn't it last season that Roma sent Athletico to Europa league on their way to topping their UCL group composing of Chelsea and Athletico. They also went on to knock Barca out and only lost narrowly to Liverpool in the semis.
Juventus has been in two UCL finals in the last 5 seasons. The whole Serie A is poor talk just to discredit the job Emery and Arsenal did against Napoli is nonsense. This Napoli team won Liverpool.

Everyone is raving about spuds now, yet it's this same spurs team that Arsenal won convincingly in Emirates and should have won in Wembley if not for poor officiating that day.

Emery had done well on this team. I bash him when we lose and when he gets his team tactics and selection wrong, like recently against Everton. Fairness demands that I praise and commend him, when he does well and not try to degrade his feat by diminishing the true strength of the opposition.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 1:55am On Apr 19, 2019
pazienza:
Ramsey is going to be a loss if he indeed pulled his hamstring, he is a player with goals in his game. With Auba and Lacazette fluffing their lines, missing one and ones and easy chances, we could do with an alternative goal scorer as we prepare for this final push for Top 4.
Ozil is not a goal scorer, Iwobi shoots like an over pampered teenage girl, Mkhi is being Mkhi. I sense that if Auba and Lacazette don't start being clinical and ruthless in front of goal, Ramsey injury might become fatal to our Top 4 chances. Or could Suarez step up and deliver finally?

.... Unfortunately, Suarez is out injured....such a shame
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:14am On Apr 19, 2019
Roland17:
Consecutive away clean sheet.

SEMI FINAL MATCH UPS

Arsenal vs Valencia

Chelsea vs FC Frankfurt
CL final.. Liverpool vs Tottenham..
Europa league final.. arsenal vs Chelsea cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 6:50am On Apr 19, 2019
Fkhalifa:
Arsenal have conceded just one goal in the past seven matches across all competitions:

������� Arsenal 2-0 Man United ✅
�� Arsenal 3-0 Rennes ✅
������� Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle ✅
������� Everton 1-0 Arsenal ❌
�� Arsenal 2-0 Napoli ✅
������� Watford 0-1 Arsenal ✅
�� Napoli 0-1 Arsenal ✅

When the Boss Marshall your defense, you concede less and have a lot of clean sheet. cool

Emery is beginning to work on the team defense. Which includes keeping calamities like Lichsteiner and Mustafi away from the first team as much as possible and as injuries and suspensions permeats.

If Mustafi played yesterday, I'm sure he would have done one silly mistake that would cost us a goal or more , and we would be forced to start blaming Aubameyang for missing his chance, like we did against Tottenham in Wembley recently.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:11am On Apr 19, 2019
pazienza:

Emery is beginning to work on the team defense. Which includes keeping calamities like Lichsteiner and Mustafi away from the first team as much as possible and as injuries and suspensions perfect.

If Mustafi played yesterday, I'm sure he would have done one silly mistake that would cost of a goal or more , and we would be forced to start blaming Aubameyang for missing his chance, like we did against Tottenham in Wembley recently.
the defence is gradually getting it right but we want more.
Mustafi is a ticking bomb waiting to explode but I will like Emery to use the same set up he used against Watford for wolves game only that Papa will replace Dino.
Who else notice Papa has a way of warning mustafi from making mistakes with his scary face grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:12am On Apr 19, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... Unfortunately, Suarez is out injured....such a shame
abeg where is the injury from the guy hardly play football nowadays
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 7:26am On Apr 19, 2019
sod09:

I tire.
Person wey dey chop bench steady, stay for bench collect injury join.

This Suarez business is now becoming so reminiscent of Kim Kalstrom wenger debacle.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 7:32am On Apr 19, 2019
Lose = Complain
Draw = Complain
Win = Complain
Win Trophy = Complain
Win Treble = Complain

Ahn ahn. Una no dey tire? Enjoy the win and move on.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:36am On Apr 19, 2019
sod09:

Players get injured in training. No be only weight lifting and jogging dem dey do for training na, they get to work on tackling, interceptions, retrieving the ball etc in training. A player can get injured doing any of the aforementioned.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:41am On Apr 19, 2019
Keky:
Lose = Complain
Draw = Complain
Win = Complain
Win Trophy = Complain
Win Treble = Complain

The thing tire me! We are getting scrappy win which we've always complained Wenger doesn't know how to grind out, yet we still dey complain.

Imagine a supposed true fan comparing Arsenal to Spurs even when Tottenham is still the old Tottenham with no silverware to show for the past 10years. Smh. I don't know why it's so hard to see that This was the same way arsenal was during our trophy less period when our team will look so sharp and even top the league for months only to end up getting the fourphy and nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:43am On Apr 19, 2019
pazienza:

You lots are not giving Arsenal and Emery the credit we deserve.
Napoli didn't suddenly became weak, Emery tactics and our players perfect execution of the tactics made Napoli look impotent. Napoli is still a strong team any day any time, they are currently second in seria A, and no one should tell me that Serie A quality is poor, wasn't it last season that Roma sent Athletico to Europa league on their way to topping their UCL group composing of Chelsea and Athletico. They also went on to knock Barca out and only lost narrowly to Liverpool in the semis.
Juventus has been in two UCL finals in the last 5 seasons. The whole Serie A is poor talk just to discredit the job Emery and Arsenal did against Napoli is nonsense. This Napoli team won Liverpool.

Everyone is raving about spuds now, yet it's this same spurs team that Arsenal won convincingly in Emirates and should have won in Wembley if not for poor officiating that day.

Emery had done well on this team. I bash him when we lose and when he gets his team tactics and selection wrong, like recently against Everton. Fairness demands that I praise and commend him, when he does well and not try to degrade his feat by diminishing the true strength of the opposition.
Emery has done well and all he could, not even pep or klopp can do more with this team.

I believe he will take us to the next level with the right players
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 7:48am On Apr 19, 2019
Keky:
Lose = Complain
Draw = Complain
Win = Complain
Win Trophy = Complain
Win Treble = Complain

Baba,which year did Arsenal win treble.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:49am On Apr 19, 2019
sod09:

.....Lol..... His agent confirmed his injury a few days ago after he wasn't seen on the team's squad.... It's just bizarre what has happened with his loan but this isn't the first time Emery will demand for a player and not use that same player which is why I am still skeptical about him getting his own players. I really wish we had a technical director because I don't want us to waste precious funds this summer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:10am On Apr 19, 2019
...... Emery doing his thing.....

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:14am On Apr 19, 2019
...... Apparently, Arsenal scouts were in Turin watching David Neres. It wasn't his best game but I am glad we are going for positions we lack.

.... Arsenal also looking at Kerem Demirbay as Ramsey's replacement. 25m will be enough to get him. It seems we are on the right path.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:20am On Apr 19, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Players get injured in training. No be only weight lifting and jogging dem dey do for training na, they get to work on tackling, interceptions, retrieving the ball etc in training. A player can get injured doing any of the aforementioned.
I know right but he hardly feature unless he's the lab rat in training
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:26am On Apr 19, 2019
BlueRayDick:

The thing tire me! We are getting scrappy win which we've always complained Wenger doesn't know how to grind out, yet we still dey complain.

Imagine a supposed true fan comparing Arsenal to Spurs even when Tottenham is still the old Tottenham with no silverware to show for the past 10years. Smh. I don't know why it's so hard to see that This was the same way arsenal was during our trophy less period when our team will look so sharp and even top the league for months only to end up getting the fourphy and nothing else.
that wasn't the point, he was saying why we had to wait too late to send wengay away.
Now we are picking up the scrap and rebuilding which will take like forever
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:26am On Apr 19, 2019
pazienza:

I tire.
Person wey dey chop bench steady, stay for bench collect injury join.

This Suarez business is now becoming so reminiscent of Kim Kalstrom wenger debacle.
Kim Kardashian ikebe super
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 8:34am On Apr 19, 2019
Roland17:

The magic words are CONSECUTIVE and ""AWAY". I am speaking specifically about CONSECUTIVE CLEAN SHEETS AWAY FROM HOME, not our entire games.
OK chief. My bad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2019
Danny WelBeast (@WellBeast) Tweeted:
Man City - Capital One Finals
Man City - FA Cup Finals
Chelsea - Capital One Finals
Chelsea - Europa League Semis.
Arsenal - Europa League Semis.
Liverpool - UCL Semis.
Tottenham - UCL Semis.
Wolves - FA Cup Semis.

Man United - We beat PSG (https://twitter.com/WellBeast/status/1119109960489525248?s=17)

I just wan laugh small cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 3:37pm On Apr 19, 2019
Piotr Zielinski should be our target to replace Ramsey but I doubt Napoli would sell. Personally I've taken to this 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 system as I think it gets the best out of our key players; allows them to express their strengths without worrying about their flaws. Kolasinac and Bellerin bombing down the flanks is gonna be a thing of beauty. Seeing we do not have as much funds as the Manchester clubs and maybe Chelsea I rather we invest all of the rumoured 100 million pounds on Ramsey's replacement; a CM that suits Emery's system, a Banega type player and a really really good CB.

Give napoli 60 million pounds and we'll probably have Zielinski pinging those beautiful through balls for Laca and Auba to run to.

(Just feel like ranting grin)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by LoRdCaT(m): 3:59pm On Apr 19, 2019
krattoss:
CL final.. Liverpool vs Tottenham..
Europa league final.. arsenal vs Chelsea cheesy
I actually see England claiming everything in Europe this year. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2019
KevinDein:
Piotr Zielinski should be our target to replace Ramsey but I doubt Napoli would sell. Personally I've taken to this 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 system as I think it gets the best out of our key players; allows them to express their strengths without worrying about their flaws. Kolasinac and Bellerin bombing down the flanks is gonna be a thing of beauty. Seeing we do not have as much funds as the Manchester clubs and maybe Chelsea I rather we invest all of the rumoured 100 million pounds on Ramsey's replacement; a CM that suits Emery's system, a Banega type player and a really really good CB.

Give napoli 60 million pounds and we'll probably have Zielinski pinging those beautiful through balls for Laca and Auba to run to.

(Just feel like ranting grin)

Who knows if Napoli will sell for €60m. But the guy is a fantastic player. By the way, I don't Unai will continue with the 3 at the back formation next season. That is if he signs his own players. He likes to play a 4-2-4-1 formation. Well, anything can happen. A good coach is very flexible. Look at pep's formations through the years.

With our current momentum, I hope we can win our next three games. If we bag those wins, then it will take a huge bottle job for us not to make Top 4.

Meanwhile... I've heard a lot of people praising Pepe, but from what I've seen, the guy is nothing special. A good winger, but I don't see him taking the EPL by Strom. Especially when his asking price is €75m+

He looks like the kind of player that will need a considerable amount of time to adapt to the EPL. I may be wrong though, I just stating my opinion on the guy. Another thing, instead of going for another player like Ramsey. I feel this is the perfect opportunity for Arsenal to sign a Midfield General - someone that singlehandedly dominate an oppositions midfield. We don't have to sign superstars. There are hundreds to thousands of gems all over Europe. Our scouts should earn their wages.

Lastly, Arsenal cannot afford to be slow is this summer transfer window. Because, I see this summer as a summer where clubs will be hijacking deals. A lot of top club will be reinforcing. If you don't do your business early, several clubs will show interest in the player - inflating his price. And, I hope Emery will stay clear of model like players or players with known injury records.

I'm happy Emery is about to prove me earlier prediction of a 5th/6th place finish, wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2019
LoRdCaT:
I actually see England claiming everything in Europe this year. cool

For UEL, it's almost 60% certain an English tram will win it. But UCL is a different beast on its own. If Liverpool can eliminate Barcelona, then it's almost certain they will win it. I don't see Spurs or Ajax beating them in a final. Unless Klopps final jinx strikes again, or a Liverpool player takes a selfie with Drake grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2019
Positions we need to strengthen this summer.

1. LB to fight for a starting place with Kolasinac.
2. RW & LW - not 10-like wingers. We need players that are strong/physical, fast, skillful (can dribble), and most importantly, they can give a wicked cross.
3. CAM or AM - we need a Silva or De Bruyne kind of player in our team. Someone that can create, defend, and score.

cheesy grin I know must people will crucify me for not adding CB. I intentionally omitted it, because even a blind man knows we need one. But something tells me we won't sign one.

Papa... Kos... Holding... Mavp... Mustafi

We already have five defenders ( Monrel is there too), the transfer team may feel other areas need more attention (that does not mean thunder will not for them).
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by LoRdCaT(m): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2019
MrDojo:

For UEL, it's almost 60% certain an English tram will win it. But UCL is a different beast on its own. If Liverpool can eliminate Barcelona, then it's almost certain they will win it. I don't see Spurs or Ajax beating them in a final. Unless Klopps final jinx strikes again, or a Liverpool player takes a selfie with Drake grin cheesy grin cheesy
Ajax are not joking oo. Have you seen those boys play? They could just beat Liverpool at the finals. That Drake curse is something else, although I don't believe it is real. Just coincidences. grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2019
MrDojo:
Positions we need to strengthen this summer.

1. LB to fight for a starting place with Kolasinac.
2. RW & LW - not 10-like wingers. We need players that are strong/physical, fast, skillful (can dribble), and most importantly, they can give a wicked cross.
3. CAM or AM - we need a Silva or De Bruyne kind of player in our team. Someone that can create, defend, and score.

cheesy grin I know must people will crucify me for not adding CB. I intentionally omitted it, because even a blind man knows we need one. But something tells me we won't sign one.

Papa... Kos... Holding... Mavp... Mustafi

We already have five defenders ( Monrel is there too), the transfer team may feel other areas need more attention (that does not mean thunder will not for them).
LB-terney
Rw- carrasco
Lw- sane( yes seems guardiola don't need him again) Brandt,frazer
Cam- tielemans, maddison, gealish or zielinski
AM- iwobi
Cb- mee, boly, tafliago,

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 9:19pm On Apr 19, 2019
Chambers will be coming back from his loan move at Fulham.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) ... (3543) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.