Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,191 members, 7,839,045 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2341530 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) ... (3534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 11:46pm On Apr 15, 2019
Well, we ground out the three points, at this stage of the league, that's all that matters.
Our players didn't work hard at all, I want to believe we are reserving our energy for Napoli come Thursday.

If we do the job at Wolves and City helps us by winning Tottenham, we could be 3rd after the weekend games. Now wouldn't that be wonderful, to have St totteringham day in view again?

It's obvious that Arsenal needs City to win EPL for us to finish top 4.
City winning EPL would imply that they pick maximum 6points from Spurs and United, which can only mean well for our top 4 hopes.

I'm a happy gunner tonight. Next stop, Naples.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 1:24am On Apr 16, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Ìwobi is useless because most times he can't make up his mind whether to take on the opposing defenders or pass to his nearest man. Watching him hold on to the ball without deciding on what to do with the ball gives me migraine.

I play football and I know when you are on the flank like he is, you must be decisive. I think someone mentioned it already, we need real wingers. Ìwobi will never prosper in that wing. I watched so many times he gets the ball on that wing but he just hold on to it till they crowd him or he eventually passes to Ramsey. If Kolasinaic was on that wing despite his jambody play and excessive speed at times; we would've scored more today. Ìwobi's style of play is worse than his uncle's

.....I personally feel that playing him in that wing role is killing him....he will never be that winger we want because he isn't and that's not his game but even at that he created three clear cut chances that players you would expect to bury them didn't. Yes, he might not score goals a lot but is he creator? Yes, he is and has been all season just that his chances most times are not buried. He is far from useless bro and should he play in his natural role in the middle, I think it will do him a lot of good.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:51am On Apr 16, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.....To think that Mavpro has been taunted to be better than Mustafi is really laughable...but seriously no competitive match since forever and then thrown into a tough match like this... Common, Emery clearly doesn't like the guy....

.... Pulling off Torreira for Guendouzi would have been better or even Niles but Ozil was a risky call and we nearly paid for it. It was a bad substitution no matter how you look at it.

.... Iwobi useless?? If anyone was useless today, it was Mkhi and Ozil and Auba, each of whom wasted chances upon chances created by Iwobi. Iwobi was our only creative outlet today and yet he is useless? I don't think we watched the same match bro. We were dominated by Doucoure and co and that was because Emery took off Torreira who had ten ball recoveries alone in the first half for a lazy person in Ozil....

... We need players badly... this Arsenal is average at best.
guendouzi performs better when he enter as a sub, bringing in ozil was because they were a man down and he wanted to take advantage of free spaces but that resulted in 10 men for arsenal because ozil was ineffective.
Niles coming in also helped like the goal scoring block he made.
Over all he got his subs right but Ramsey should have stayed and remove one of those wingers.
I hope we don't play like this against napoli
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:23am On Apr 16, 2019
sod09:
guendouzi performs better when he enter as a sub, bringing in ozil was because they were a man down and he wanted to take advantage of free spaces but that resulted in 10 men for arsenal because ozil was ineffective.
Niles coming in also helped like the goal scoring block he made.
Over all he got his subs right but Ramsey should have stayed and remove one of those wingers.
I hope we don't play like this against napoli

.....If anyone has a bigger mental block during an away match in recent years as an Arsenal is Ozil.... bringing him on was too risky. Ozil rarely takes control and he won't start today as a thirty year old player but I get what you're saying though. He was the only creator on the bench perhaps if we had another, he wouldn't have been brought in.

..... Until we change in new players that fit in with Emery plans and discard Wenger girls, our away form will remain terrible.

...I disagree with on Guendouzi playing better when he is subbed in but then I know your stance concerning the lad. I won't linger on that issue. Hopefully we play better on Thursday and qualify for UCL as it is the only way we can bring in new players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:34am On Apr 16, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.....To think that Mavpro has been taunted to be better than Mustafi is really laughable...but seriously no competitive match since forever and then thrown into a tough match like this... Common, Emery clearly doesn't like the guy....

.... Pulling off Torreira for Guendouzi would have been better or even Niles but Ozil was a risky call and we nearly paid for it. It was a bad substitution no matter how you look at it.

.... Iwobi useless?? If anyone was useless today, it was Mkhi and Ozil and Auba, each of whom wasted chances upon chances created by Iwobi. Iwobi was our only creative outlet today and yet he is useless? I don't think we watched the same match bro. We were dominated by Doucoure and co and that was because Emery took off Torreira who had ten ball recoveries alone in the first half for a lazy person in Ozil....

... We need players badly... this Arsenal is average at best.
Emery has a funny way of throwing in players who haven't featured in a tough match, Guen's debut against city, El neny at Everton and now Mavro, let's not use their short cameo to conclude about them.

Iwobi had reiterated several times he isn't a winger, he's a 10, he's more threatening from that side,but due to lack of wingers, he's deployed there because he is the only man who can do a job there. It isn't is forte, but fans want to see him do a Sterling or hazard, he's clearly average there and may be world class in few years time on that flank.

Doucoure was too much for our pretty model midfielders and we could have gone down with Deeny and Delefou.

Auba,ozil and mhicky too weak and soft for this league.We indeed need new players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:52am On Apr 16, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.....If anyone has a bigger mental block during an away match in recent years as an Arsenal is Ozil.... bringing him on was too risky. Ozil rarely takes control and he won't start today as a thirty year old player but I get what you're saying though. He was the only creator on the bench perhaps if we had another, he wouldn't have been brought in.

..... Until we change in new players that fit in with Emery plans and discard Wenger girls, our away form will remain terrible.

...I disagree with on Guendouzi playing better when he is subbed in but then I know your stance concerning the lad. I won't linger on that issue. Hopefully we play better on Thursday and qualify for UCL as it is the only way we can bring in new players.
suarez was on bench yesterday but he prefer ozil
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:53am On Apr 16, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Emery has a funny way of throwing in players who haven't featured in a tough match, Guen's debut against city, El neny at Everton and now Mavro, let's not use their short cameo to conclude about them.

Iwobi had reiterated several times he isn't a winger, he's a 10, he's more threatening from that side,but due to lack of wingers, he's deployed there because he is the only man who can do a job there. It isn't is forte, but fans want to see him do a Sterling or hazard, he's clearly average there and may be world class in few years time on that flank.

Doucoure was too much for our pretty model midfielders and we could have gone down with Deeny and Delefou.

Auba,ozil and mhicky too weak and soft for this league.We indeed need new players.

..... Don't mind the haters as regards Iwobi... You need to hear them calling him useless, atrocious and very derogatory word available but little and next to nothing on Ozil, who allowed Doucoure torture us the way he did because he was completely ineffective. Iwobi created 7 clear cut chances yesterday and completed all dribbles attempted including tackles but yet he was tagged useless. Should Ozil create such, we won't hear the end of it.

....Mkhi isn't soft, he is quite good defensively but offensively yesterday, he was off. I think Auba played well yesterday and showed that away, he should be the lone striker. The guy's speed was wasted yesterday as no one was ready to give him through balls to chase. Mhki or Iwobi in the middle would have done that. Auba gets into good positions but he just keep wasting those chances. Lacazette won't even get into those positions, he lacks such attributes. He was awful away at Everton and was completely spent against Napoli which was he was rested yesterday

.... Thing is: This present Arsenal team lack in so many important positions and I fear that this summer alone won't be enough to fix the problems.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:55am On Apr 16, 2019
sod09:
suarez was on bench yesterday but he prefer ozil

..... Suarez isn't a 10 though and God knows why Emery brought the guy in as he has barely been used by him. Besides, Suarez wasn't even on the bench yesterday, which was also odd.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:59am On Apr 16, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... Suarez isn't a 10 though and God knows why Emery brought the guy in as he has barely been used by him. Besides, Suarez wasn't even on the bench yesterday, which was also odd.
he is a central midfielder not a winger
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 11:11am On Apr 16, 2019
sod09:
he is a central midfielder not a winger

.... Nah, he played mostly on the wings for Emery during his days at Sevilla. He was used in central midfield at Barcelona but didn't do quite well in that position hence his stay on the bench. He is better on the wings which is why Emery said he wanted him but why he has barely been used is the question here.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2019
LMAO

Hopefully manure keep Ole for 5 years, at least cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:10pm On Apr 16, 2019
Mehn fvck arsenal these Ajax boys are joy to watch, fast and ruthless
If only we can poach them.
Dusan tadic ain't bad at all even from his soton days,reminded me of Zoltan Gera
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:50am On Apr 17, 2019
sod09:
Dusan tadic ain't bad at all even from his soton days,reminded me of Zoltan Gera
Typical Ajax, best football academy in history.

Their players are very fit and disciplined to the core. They hardly make technical or positional errors.

Plus they understand each other like twins, each move, each run etc is programmed.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2019
Spy360:

Typical Ajax, best football academy in history.

Their players are very fit and disciplined to the core. They hardly make technical or positional errors.

Plus they understand each other like twins, each move, each run etc is programmed.
so true those guys are machines
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:10pm On Apr 17, 2019
Vs Napoli

........ Lacazette..... Aubameyang........
...................... Ramsey.........................
Kolasinac............................. MaitlNiles
.............. Torriera....... Xhaka..................
... Monreal..... Koscielny...... Socratis...
......................... Leno.............................
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
Spy360:
Vs Napoli

................ Lacazette..... Aubameyang............
............................ Ramsey...............................
Kolasinac........................................ MaitlNiles
.................. Torriera......... Xhaka.....................
... Monreal........... Koscielny........... Socratis...
................................. Leno................................
even the devil knows knows cech is keeping
abeg comot that kola
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2019
sod09:
even the devil knows knows cech is keeping abeg comot that kola
Leno is my choice. If we remove Kola, who can replace him?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2019
sod09:
even the devil knows knows cech is keeping abeg comot that kola
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
Spy360:

play 4 at the back, we dont need much so back 4 of musti papa kos monreal are enough.
i dont have any problem with the rest
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 5:09pm On Apr 17, 2019
I don't think the boss will start tomorrow as it will be too many games played too soon for the old man. Mustafi will take his place and Iwobi will start ahead of Auba I think as he played the full 90minutes on Monday. Apart from that, the line up is on point but then Emery might just surprise us. Cech will definitely start.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:43pm On Apr 17, 2019
sod09:
Glad you sef see top class football some teams play in Europe, you'd just want to dispose all the sexy model boys we parade.
See Spurs tonight, This will go down as their best night so far in Football, that Euphoria, that fight,that spirit, that strength and never say die against the mighty city.

This is not fluke, it is what I love seeing, last time I had the kind of feeling spurs are having tonight was our 0-2 win at Milan in 2008.

Poch,his technical crew and fans celebrated like they won the competition itself. Some victories are that sweet and memorable than finals.

What a night of football!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:10am On Apr 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Glad you sef see top class football some teams play in Europe, you'd just want to dispose all the sexy model boys we parade.
See Spurs tonight, This will go down as their best night so far in Football, that Euphoria, that fight,that spirit, that strength and never say die against the mighty city.

This is not fluke, it is what I love seeing, last time I had the kind of feeling spurs are having tonight was our 0-2 win at Milan in 2008.

Poch,his technical crew and fans celebrated like they won the competition itself. Some victories are that sweet and memorable than finals.

What a night of football!
Great performance from Spurs though. But unless they win the CL, it boils down to nothing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:13am On Apr 18, 2019
solomonbrown64:
I don't think the boss will start tomorrow as it will be too many games played too soon for the old man. Mustafi will take his place and Iwobi will start ahead of Auba I think as he played the full 90minutes on Monday. Apart from that, the line up is on point but then Emery might just surprise us. Cech will definitely start.
Iwobi will be a good addition to the starting line up. But that's if he keeps his head cool. If not we will need people who can score on the counter ie Auba and Laca.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:15am On Apr 18, 2019
If Kosh doesn't start, I'll recommend psychiatric treatment for Emery.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:15am On Apr 18, 2019
Spy360:

Great performance from Spurs though. But unless they win the CL, it boils down to nothing.
you think any arsenal fans want city or spurs to win the ucl angry angry
i prefer ajax or barca abeg or else i will go ijebu go swear for wengay and henry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:30am On Apr 18, 2019
Spy360:

CL Quarter final is Money, Semi Final for a team of spurs budget is more than Fa cup and Carling cup put together.
It amounts to something, the confidence those guys will have facing any team in Europe will be very high, should they keep their players and sign 1or2 top players, They will reach the Atlectico stage in England and Europe.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:34am On Apr 18, 2019
sod09:
you think any arsenal fans want city or spurs to win the ucl angry angry
i prefer ajax or barca abeg or else i will go ijebu go swear for wengay and henry
I don't want city or spurs near that trophy, but should one win, I'll go for spurs,so our fans feel the heat and pains which will be transfered to the club and may translate to the board investing ambitiously in the team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:06am On Apr 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

I don't want city or spurs near that trophy, but should one win, I'll go for spurs,so our fans feel the heat and pains which will be transfered to the club and may translate to the board investing ambitiously in the team.
no biko
i was in serious pain when shekpe won it don't want same again
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:14am On Apr 18, 2019
Spy360:

Iwobi will be a good addition to the starting line up. But that's if he keeps his head cool. If not we will need people who can score on the counter ie Auba and Laca.

..... That's true but abeg remove Laca....I don't think I have ever seen him score on the counter before.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 11:12am On Apr 18, 2019
sod09:
even the devil knows knows cech is keeping
abeg comot that kola

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 11:27am On Apr 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Unfortunately, Stan does not give a flying fvk if spurs win the UCL before us. If it happens, we'll automatically become the smaller club among Chelsea and them. The thought alone is frightening.

Meanwhile, a lot of people are already underestimating them against Ajax. However, I see Spurs eliminating them. In fact, they might win both legs. Poch had a way of beating teams when the odds are against him. Look at Inter during the group stage & Dortmund during the R-16. But, I feel the winner of this year's competition will be decided on the Liverpool v Barcelona game.

I'm not ruling out spurs and Ajax, buy I feel those two will win it if they get to the final.

Finally, our boys cannot afford to do their usual away nonsense today. If they don't turn up, Napoli will send us packing in the most embarrassing way possible. Emery should pick a team that will settle the game in the first 25-30 mins. If we can survive that period, there is hope for us. Also, he should start a attacking line up. He should not invite pressure from Napoli by being defensive. With our away defensive worse, it will be a recipe for diaster.

Like others pointed out earlier, the first goal is crucial. If we get it, we have a 90% chance of progressing. But if Napoli gets it, it will be a long night for us.

Although it's not the UCL, I feel we have a great chance of winning the Cup. None of the remaining teams are on a superior level. In fact, Chelsea is the last stumbling block, and they are not better than us. If we meet in the final, we have a 50/50 of winning.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:38am On Apr 18, 2019
MrDojo:

Unfortunately, Stan does not give a flying fvk if spurs win the UCL before us. If it happens, we'll automatically become the smaller club among Chelsea and them. The thought alone is frightening.

Meanwhile, a lot of people are already underestimating them against Ajax. However, I see Spurs eliminating them. In fact, they might win both legs. Poch had a way of beating teams when the odds are against him. Look at Inter during the group stage & Dortmund during the R-16. But, I feel the winner of this year's competition will be decided on the Liverpool v Barcelona game.

I'm not ruling out spurs and Ajax, buy I feel those two will win it if they get to the final.

Finally, our boys cannot afford to do their usual away nonsense today. If they don't turn up, Napoli will send us packing in the most embarrassing way possible. Emery should pick a team that will settle the game in the first 25-30 mins. If we can survive that period, there is hope for us. Also, he should start a attacking line up. He should not invite pressure from Napoli by being defensive. With our away defensive worse, it will be a recipe for diaster.

Like others pointed out earlier, the first goal is crucial. If we get it, we have a 90% chance of progressing. But if Napoli gets it, it will be a long night for us.

Although it's not the UCL, I feel we have a great chance of winning the Cup. None of the remaining teams are on a superior level. In fact, Chelsea is the last stumbling block, and they are not better than us. If we meet in the final, we have a 50/50 of winning.
Everything on point bro!
I feel what you feel for the Spurs/Ajax game, people believe Ajax has done the biggest thing by eliminating a Ronaldo's Juve,forgetting city wasn't a child's play, What they showed yesterday is enough as proof they won't go down against any side easily In that competition.

Whichever way, the semi final promises to be pulsating for the teams involved and exciting yo the neutrals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) ... (3534) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: germaphobe(m), mostob(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.