Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,679 members, 7,865,733 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:34 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2364700 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) ... (3552) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... That's true but abeg remove Laca....I don't think I have ever seen him score on the counter before.
No. He rather creates them. Laca has the strength to ruffle the feathers of most defenders (Kolibaly), hold on to the ball and allow others space to thrive. Laca is the best CF for an away game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:44pm On Apr 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

CL Quarter final is Money, Semi Final for a team of spurs budget is more than Fa cup and Carling cup put together.
It amounts to something, the confidence those guys will have facing any team in Europe will be very high, should they keep their players and sign 1or2 top players, They will reach the Atlectico stage in England and Europe.
All you said is true. My point is that if it all ends trophyless like it has been since slice bread made Walmart, grin then it all amounts to nothing. History doesn't remember second best.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2019
MrDojo:

Unfortunately, Stan does not give a flying fvk if spurs win the UCL before us. If it happens, we'll automatically become the smaller club among Chelsea and them. The thought alone is frightening.

Meanwhile, a lot of people are already underestimating them against Ajax. However, I see Spurs eliminating them. In fact, they might win both legs. Poch had a way of beating teams when the odds are against him. Look at Inter during the group stage & Dortmund during the R-16. But, I feel the winner of this year's competition will be decided on the Liverpool v Barcelona game.

I'm not ruling out spurs and Ajax, buy I feel those two will win it if they get to the final.

Finally, our boys cannot afford to do their usual away nonsense today. If they don't turn up, Napoli will send us packing in the most embarrassing way possible. Emery should pick a team that will settle the game in the first 25-30 mins. If we can survive that period, there is hope for us. Also, he should start a attacking line up. He should not invite pressure from Napoli by being defensive. With our away defensive worse, it will be a recipe for diaster.

Like others pointed out earlier, the first goal is crucial. If we get it, we have a 90% chance of progressing. But if Napoli gets it, it will be a long night for us.

Although it's not the UCL, I feel we have a great chance of winning the Cup. None of the remaining teams are on a superior level. In fact, Chelsea is the last stumbling block, and they are not better than us. If we meet in the final, we have a 50/50 of winning.
So true. Start with all round attack. Even if we concede. Keep attacking, get that precious away goal, kill the morale of the oposition. Let them feel like its over when it's not.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2019
Spy360:

No. He rather creates them. Laca has the strength to ruffle the feathers of most defenders (Kolibaly), hold on to the ball and allow others space to thrive. Laca is the best CF for an away game.

.......Osanoboa ;o.... I will act like I didn't see the bolded. Perhaps you got carried away because the Laca every Arsenal fan knows is awful, very awful away. How many assists, goals and pre-assists does he have away? He is usually one of our worst performers away, the Everton game being the worst I have seen him in an Arsenal shirt. Don't let that one Tottenham game deceive you where he passed to Ramsey but we all know how many chances he wasted before he was taken off.. Him and Ozil are home players which is what sets us apart from the top three teams --- our away form

...He is a strong striker no doubt but our best CF away is one praise too far.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
Spy360:

All you said is true. My point is that if it all ends trophyless like it has been since slice bread made Walmart, grin then it all amounts to nothing. History doesn't remember second best.
Arsenal fans you no like Tottenham at all, cheesy I know you are waiting for them to lose either the semi or final so you can say, They still didn't win anything. Even poor Arsenal won 6 trophies in 3 years. cool which is a good point of argument anyway but if Emery should take us to UCL semis next season, I'm sure many fans will rain praises upon praises on him and even ask his salary be increased.
Issokay o.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 8:06pm On Apr 18, 2019
Seriously, I feel saddened seeing Tottenham ease into UCL semis yesterday, even if it's under fortuitous circumstances with the VAR thing and Ilorente hand ball to their third goal.

It reminds me how my dear Arsenal has fallen into doldrums of European football while small spuds are now locking horns with European bests this is traumatic to me. Here we are scrambling for Europa semis, while spuds are already in UCL semis, anyone in Arsenal still denying the shift in power in North London is only being delusional. We use to be the top club in London, Chelsea post Abramovic took that away from us, now we are no longer even the top club in North London, I know I'm wailing, but I just can't help it.

I blame our current sorry state to Wenger fans who insisted we hold unto an outdated aging manager losing touch of modern football, while clubs all around us(City, Spuds, Chelsea,Liverpool ) all got young dynamic younger managers who slowly pulled away from us and left us behind. If only we did the needful by sacking Wenger earlier when Klopp left Dortmund and was interested in Arsenal, it could have been us currently in Liverpool position.

I hope we win the Europa. So let's get this Napoli team out of the way.
Funny enough, we had to face an Italian team in the quarterfinals, and a Spanish opposition in the semis last season, this season is panning out the same as well.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2019
We really need to sell one of these 2 idiots we are parading in front angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
pazienza:
Seriously, I feel saddened seeing Tottenham ease into UCL semis yesterday, even if it's under fortuitous circumstances with the VAR thing and Ilorente hand ball to their third goal.

It reminds me how my dear Arsenal has fallen into doldrums of European football while small spuds are now locking horns with European bests this is traumatic to me. Here we are scrambling for Europa semis, while spuds are already in UCL semis, anyone in Arsenal still denying the shift in power in North London is only being delusional. We use to be the top club in London, Chelsea post Abramovic took that away from us, now we are no longer even the top club in North London, I know I'm wailing, but I just can't help it.

I blame our current sorry state to Wenger fans who insisted we hold unto an outdated aging manager losing touch of modern football, while clubs all around us(City, Spuds, Chelsea,Liverpool ) all got young dynamic younger managers who slowly pulled away from us and left us behind. If only we did the needful by sacking Wenger earlier when Klopp left Dortmund and was interested in Arsenal, it could have been us currently in Liverpool position.

Funny enough, we had to face an Italian team in the quarterfinals, and a Spanish opposition in the semis last season, this season is panning out the same as well.
the man ruined us
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
Spy360:
Vs Napoli

........ Lacazette..... Aubameyang........ ...................... Ramsey......................... Kolasinac............................. MaitlNiles .............. Torriera....... Xhaka.................. ... Monreal..... Koscielny...... Socratis... ......................... Leno.............................
Emery confirmed my line up and it's giving him some joy. smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 8:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
Lacazzette you beauty grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
Spy360:

Emery confirmed my line up and it's giving him some joy. smiley
where's leno undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
....I don't just understand our away form; we can't put simple passes together especially with those two clowns (forget about Laca's goal) upfront who can't seem to put away their bromance away from pitch and face business.

....We really need that dynamic 8/10 Emery wants so much -- Ramsey isn't that person so matter how he tries.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:24pm On Apr 18, 2019
Credit to the back line, thus far, they have been disciplined at maintaining the line and we are also lucky the linesmen have been diligent at making the offside calls.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
On to the next round unless.....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
sod09:
where's leno undecided
Even the devil knows that Cech will start... tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:56pm On Apr 18, 2019
solomonbrown64:
....I don't just understand our away form; we can't put simple passes together especially with those two clowns (forget about Laca's goal) upfront who can't seem to put away their bromance away from pitch and face business.

....We really need that dynamic 8/10 Emery wants so much -- Ramsey isn't that person so matter how he tries.
You were making sense until your last line...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
Napoli this Napoli that, they took the L home and away.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:58pm On Apr 18, 2019
Consecutive away clean sheet.

SEMI FINAL MATCH UPS

Arsenal vs Valencia

Chelsea vs FC Frankfurt

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2019
.... Job done.... kudos to the backline....

.. Against better players, that offside trap might be our undoing. . the midfield needs to take control but we currently don't have a player that can do that at the moment save maybe Guendouzi.....

... The Bromance between both strikers is killing us. Mane and Sterling are now up there with Auba in terms of goals because he simply can't bury sitters. It's becoming a problem. God help us against a solid Valencia backline. We have to take our chances.

...Unto the next match.....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
Napoli this Napoli that, they took the L home and away.

I dey tells you.

After dispatching Napoli, we should now be the outright favorites to win this Europa. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Neimar: 10:11pm On Apr 18, 2019
pazienza:

I dey tells you.

After dispatching Napoli, we should now be the outright favorites to win this Europa. cool

Leipzig beat Napoli last season
they did not win the EUROPA LEAGUE
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2019
Nobody should ever mention Napoli when top yes are being mentioned. Those guys are woeful. No decent team deserves to play them.

If to say I know sef I for no waste time watch the match. I think Ancelotti has lost it for real. I was bemused seeing them doing the same thing over and over again without getting any meaningful result. Despite all their forward players being disadvantaged by their average height, they kept on crossing aerial ball from the flanks and Boscienly and Papa were always ready to nod it out or muscle them off respectively.

Those guys just reminded me of Wenger days when we will keep trying to enter the box when the opponent is busy sweeping the ball off our feet.

That Napoli team has a long way to go o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
solomonbrown64:
.... Job done.... kudos to the backline....

.. Against better players, that offside trap might be our undoing. . the midfield needs to take control but we currently don't have a player that can do that at the moment save maybe Guendouzi.....

... The Bromance between both strikers is killing us. Mane and Sterling are now up there with Auba in terms of goals because he simply can't bury sitters. It's becoming a problem. God help us against a solid Valencia backline. We have to take our chances.

...Unto the next match.....

This obsession with Guendouzi sef! Wetin him wan control? Is it not the same Guendouzi we criticize when he has bad run of games and you are quick to remind us he is only 19? Abeg!

At times I do wonder if the Guendouzi I watch is different from the one fans here watch ó. The Guendouzi I watch is slow in fact his speed may just be a little more than Fellaini. There are times he needs to make quick passes, but he touches the ball as many times as possible and he misplaces passes like most average midfielders would. He's not different from the other midfielders we have in the team. If by controlling the game u mean having the ball and shielding it from opposition players while running across the field, then maybe I will give it to him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:35pm On Apr 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:
Nobody should ever mention Napoli when top yes are being mentioned. Those guys are woeful. No decent team deserves to play them.

If to say I know sef I for no waste time watch the match. I think Ancelotti has lost it for real. I was bemused seeing them doing the same thing over and over again without getting any meaningful result. Despite all their forward players being disadvantaged by their average height, they kept on crossing aerial ball from the flanks and Boscienly and Papa were always ready to nod it out or muscle them off respectively.

Those guys just reminded me of Wenger days when we will keep trying to enter the box when the opponent is busy sweeping the ball off our feet.

That Napoli team has a long way to go o
kevindein
Come and carry your NLapoli grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:

This obsession with Guendouzi sef! Wetin him wan control? Is it not the same Guendouzi we criticize when he has bad run of games and you are quick to remind us he is only 19? Abeg!

At times I do wonder if the Guendouzi I watch is different from the one fans here watch ó. The Guendouzi I watch is slow in fact his speed may just be a little more than Fellaini. There are times he needs to make quick passes, but he touches the ball as many times as possible and he misplaces passes like most average midfielders would. He's not different from the other midfielders we have in the team. If by controlling the game u mean having the ball and shielding it from opposition players while running across the field, then maybe I will give it to him
lol....but everyone think I was hard on him,since he has been sitting on bench we conceded less and play direct attacking football.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:39pm On Apr 18, 2019
The whole koulibaly this and that, he's not even worth more than boly IMO
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:

.... Baba, calm down and read my post again. I posted that we need a midfielder to control the game, someone to calm the game. Elneny was running helter-skelter and doing nothing. Imagine if Napoli had better attackers today, you think the relentless pressing wouldn't have yielded in a goal? I made mention that we don't a player in that mould right now but Guendouzi is the closest we have that can do that.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
sod09:
kevindein
Come and carry your NLapoli grin grin
Looll grin

My Arsenal is so good they made Napoli look like proper shiitt over 180 minutes. grin Play that game for the next 2 days and those guys wouldn't score a goal. I mean Monreal got the best effort on goal for them in the entire tie.

Disappointing from napoli. Awesome Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 11:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
Roland17:
Consecutive away clean sheet.

SEMI FINAL MATCH UPS

Arsenal vs Valencia

Chelsea vs FC Frankfurt
No, really, Arsenal have had 6 clean sheets in the last seven games (played Man Utd, Rennes, Newcastle, Everton, Napoli, Watford, Napoli): the only player to have scored against Arsenal over that period of time is Jagielka grin (Jagielka is the real GOAT, step aside Messi grin).

We aren't defensively bad as people are making it out to be.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
KevinDein:

No, really, Arsenal have had 6 clean sheets in the last seven games (played Man Utd, Rennes, Newcastle, Everton, Napoli, Watford, Napoli): the only player to have scored against Arsenal over that period of time is Jagielka grin (Jagielka is the real GOAT, step aside Messi grin).

We aren't defensively bad as people are making it out to be.

The magic words are CONSECUTIVE and ""AWAY". I am speaking specifically about CONSECUTIVE CLEAN SHEETS AWAY FROM HOME, not our entire games.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 12:24am On Apr 19, 2019
pazienza:

This is a fan who is honest to himself, it takes balls to openly admit this,you just like me and few orthers definitely missed the sweet glory days of beautiful euphoric moments Arsenal used to have at the big stage.
We should have gotten klopp, my fear is if he(Emery) feels this players are good enough, then we haven't moved on from Wenger era, he needs to slowly ease them out and bring in what the modern football requires (I.e Mental and physical strength, highly talented personnel etc).
I wish we win this Europa,but my fears are :English teams hardly do well against Spanish teams and facing a Chelsea team who may rely on Europa for UCL football.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 12:25am On Apr 19, 2019
sod09:
We really need to sell one of these 2 idiots we are parading in front angry
They are fan's favorite, they can do no wrong cool cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) ... (3552) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.