Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,304 members, 7,957,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:49 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2454788 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1439) (1440) (1441) (1442) (1443) (1444) (1445) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:17pm On Apr 24, 2019
fredoooooo:

Oga no come here come dey vex for me , I be Gattuso ? Abi na me be Lulic wey hold piateck leg grin

As Lazio score that with counter attack na him i know say today na today.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 11:34pm On Apr 24, 2019
Well, we all knew that this game was unwinnable with our current squad from the beginning, which was why we were supposed to prioritise the Crystal palace game and gamble on this particular game.
Had we won the Palace game, the outcome of this match would have been irrelevant as we would still be 2 points ahead of Chelsea in the top 4 race.

There are outcome defining moments in a season. The palace madness selection was that moment for Emery and Arsenal. Emery arrogance ruined it all for us this season.
Now our fate is no longer in our hands. We need United to at least draw Chelsea come week end, and for us to win away at Leceister to seize control of our top four fate again.

What are the chances of Arsenal getting trashed again by Leceister and Vardy in the weekend?
I would say very pretty high!

Emery brought this to himself and to the club. Now what was the point of resting those players against Palace only to lose today? Pointless! Thank you Emery, the low budget Wenger.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chic2pimp(m): 11:42pm On Apr 24, 2019
Roland17:

Thank you o jare! I talk am say we no sabi who Freedoo be.

The Name Fredoooo is very much Alien to me. Might as well be otondooo

fredoooooo:

Oga no come here come dey vex for me , I be Gattuso ? Abi na me be Lulic wey hold piateck leg grin

Bia This Guy swerve angry.....Face Front we no know you for this place angry tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:16am On Apr 25, 2019
solomonbrown64:
FACT: Arsenal have now committed more errors directly leading to an opposition goal in the Premier League than any other team this season (12)

.....Oga Xhaka is leading the pack in that, one of his strong areas..,... grin
I already knew Xhaka is a scam,long range shot and long passes in the wings has blinded many, The same xhaka most fans wanted out along Mustafi, suddenly became our Messiah.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:24am On Apr 25, 2019
pazienza:
Well, we all knew that this game was unwinnable with our current squad from the beginning, which was why we were supposed to prioritise the Crystal palace game and gamble on this particular game.
Had we won the Palace game, the outcome of this match would have been irrelevant as we would still be 2 points ahead of Chelsea in the top 4 race.

There are outcome defining moments in a season. The palace madness selection was that moment for Emery and Arsenal. Emery arrogance ruined it all for us this season.
Now our fate is no longer in our hands. We need United to at least draw Chelsea come week end, and for us to win away at Leceister to seize control of our top four fate again.

What are the chances of Arsenal getting trashed again by Leceister and Vardy in the weekend?
I would say very pretty high!

Emery brought this to himself and to the club. Now what was the point of resting those players against Palace only to lose today? Pointless! Thank you Emery, the low budget Wenger.
Leicester is another scary place, 23% chance we gon win
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:37am On Apr 25, 2019
BTW,
Wolves have scored 3 first half goals for the first time in 36 years. cheesy
We had the chance to go ahead of spurs 2ce but bottled it, and we still had the temerity to call spurs bottlers? smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ORIJIN201(m): 7:47am On Apr 25, 2019
Fkhalifa:

And we had the big men looking so insipid, clueless and lacking ideas, Diego jota sliced through our defence and single handedly finished his goal, that's ability,class and being brave.
Team is so shit that it had to rely on Guen and Nketiah to pool a goal back and gain some possession.
I advice the kids go elsewhere and develop under better players and management.
Do not be suprised Nketlah will turn lazy and start passing it around, if he keeps growing under the yeye senior players
I hate that pass me I pass you game I swear. Jota is just another average player that drives the ball and takes on defenders. Those chickens made him a Messi yesterday night. These guys better don't play in the champions league. They will be disgraced. They don't need a Messi to rip them apart. Emery is just Wenger 2.0.
We need a klopp-esque not this Spanish Tony pulis.
A team that doesn't press and have wingers can never win anything in football of today. Useless bunch.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:42am On Apr 25, 2019
i dont blame madrid, barca that decides for their managers they know if they give them the full rights they misbehave. we won't be having this conversation if we had defeated palace and lose to wolves.
home is our strength and this man bottled it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 11:00am On Apr 25, 2019
Fkhalifa:

I already knew Xhaka is a scam,long range shot and long passes in the wings has blinded many, The same xhaka most fans wanted out along Mustafi, suddenly became our Messiah.

.....He has improved but has never been good enough. We have too many spaces to fill in one window and on a limited budget. I am confident we will qualify for the champions league but if we go there to play this rubbish, then another trashing awaits us. That hunger and desire to win a match only comes on when we play the big teams and then we switch off against smaller ones. By the time we have three or four new players with hunger, it will be a different ball game next season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
Mehn! Yesterday was trash.
Few points I've to say:..
1... Any team that builds his hope on ozil as key man is setting up for relegation. That guy suppose dey pick ball for us.
2... The ghost walker called mkhi should just disappear from this club. Like I never see person wey dey disappear even tho we had such a huge amount of possession.
3...how I miss cazorla. We need a cazorla-like player. With so much press yesterday, we can't wriggle out of pressure. Mehn, so many fine girls in the team.
4...even if nobody dey advice iwobi, him no fit advice himself to Learn how to shoot and score?. How can you be a player in a top club and you no wan learn how to score?
5..we can't even press again. Noticed that against crystal palace and now wolves. We're dropping in quality when we really need it most.
6..and finally, I think our boys aren't hungry again. The hunger and ginger as the beginning of d season is no longer there. Seems Mr Europa is prioritizing his cup over Wenger's cup lol.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:22pm On Apr 25, 2019
Lest I forget...correct wingers is hugely and urgently needed. Everyone knows this except arsenal. See sane ystdy na...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 2:35pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jodera:
Lest I forget...correct wingers is hugely and urgently needed. Everyone knows this except arsenal. See sane ystdy na...

..... It's why I have been crying out for the lad, the guy cost City 37m but we were buying Lacazette for 50m who has scored just seven away goals in two seasons while Auba that people dish have scored 7 in 12 away games. What's the difference between Laca and Giroud when both fail to score goals when needed. Look, if we can get a buyer for Laca, we should sell asap and get world class wingers. A winger like peak Sanchez cannot be overemphasized. A striker with 7 away goals in two seasons? Jesus! no wonder our away form has been atrocious the last two seasons.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... It's why I have been crying out for the lad, the guy cost City 37m but we were buying Lacazette for 50m who has scored just seven away goals in two seasons while Auba that people dish have scored 7 in 12 away games. What's the difference between Laca and Giroud when both fail to score goals when needed. Look, if we can get a buyer for Laca, we should sell asap and get world class wingers. A winger like peak Sanchez cannot be overemphasized. A striker with 7 away goals in two seasons? Jesus! no wonder our away form has been atrocious the last two seasons.
You made sense tho. But don't you think selling lacazette as a striker will make auba our only striking force? We have people that we can sell to buy an effective winger not lacazette. My only grouse is that I don't wanna see both starting together, simple! Let them fight for that sole spot. Two effective winger and a number 10 like coutinho or Eriksson that can give a defences splitting pass as well as taking outside the box shot is really needed. To be sincere, if this 3 is present at arsenal, half of our problems is solved. And also emery should work on iwobi scoring... Look at coutinho, wen he came he doesn't know how to score like iwobi, but now, you can't say such. He improved. Iwobi is someone who, once he have his scoring touch, he'll be a deadly winger/midfielder.
Emery tried bringing us thus far, but slowly, he's undoing what he have done, and if we don't mk top4 or carry the Europa, the once promising season will just end in disappointment!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.....He has improved but has never been good enough. We have too many spaces to fill in one window and on a limited budget. I am confident we will qualify for the champions league but if we go there to play this rubbish, then another trashing awaits us. That hunger and desire to win a match only comes on when we play the big teams and then we switch off against smaller ones. By the time we have three or four new players with hunger, it will be a different ball game next season.
I admire your confidence o, if we go to UCL with this squad, we will surely be raped by the big teams and get back home in round of 16/
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jodera:

You made sense tho. But don't you think selling lacazette as a striker will make auba our only striking force? We have people that we can sell to buy an effective winger not lacazette. My only grouse is that I don't wanna see both starting together, simple! Let them fight for that sole spot. Two effective winger and a number 10 like coutinho or Eriksson that can give a defences splitting pass as well as taking outside the box shot is really needed. To be sincere, if this 3 is present at arsenal, half of our problems is solved. And also emery should work on iwobi scoring... Look at coutinho, wen he came he doesn't know how to score like iwobi, but now, you can't say such. He improved. Iwobi is someone who, once he have his scoring touch, he'll be a deadly winger/midfielder.
Emery tried bringing us thus far, but slowly, he's undoing what he have done, and if we don't mk top4 or carry the Europa, the once promising season will just end in disappointment!

.....I understand but since Emery likes using one striker most of the time and Auba rarely gets injured, it will be a waste of money to have one sitting on the bench. We are not Mancity and don't have that endless kind of wealth. Check out most teams, they have one elite striker and an average one. Having both in our doesn't make sense especially when we don't have such quality in other vital positions on the pitch.

....Sell other players you say? Bro, the highest we have gotten for a player leaving our squad was Chamberlain I think. It's just shows we don't sell well and yet our owner won't give us a dime of his own money. Can we honestly say that there is any player in our squad that will give good money in our squad right save for the big money buys? Get two quality wingers with Auba in the middle and we will be feared both home and away. Right now, our attack is toothless that's why after twenty minutes yesterday, when we did nothing apart from passing here and there, wolves came out because they knew our attack could do nothing.

... Right now, Auba guarantees goals whether we are playing well or not, Laca has to be sold for us to get back to the elite. He is one of the few that will fetch mega bucks for us in our horrible squad. I know we like him but if we get a big offer, we should sell just like Liverpool did with Coutinho....

....Iwobi won't improve unless he has serious competition and now who is he competing against? Suarez? Mkhi? By the time he sits on the bench for three to four games for better players, no one will tell him to learn to shoot.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
Fkhalifa:

I admire your confidence o, if we go to UCL with this squad, we will surely be raped by the big teams and get back home in round of 16/

.... Hence I liked your post about the difference between us and Spurs at the moment is that hunger and desire. The willingness to go all out and die on that pitch. We don't have
too many players with that mentality in the team at the moment and unless we buy players, we won't. How do we get such players with our stingy owner without qualifying for the champions League and selling available players that are surplus to requirements? It's the only way but we have to get back to the champions League; it's the first step to our rebuild.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:08pm On Apr 25, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... Hence I liked your post about the difference between us and Spurs at the moment is that hunger and desire. The willingness to go all out and die on that pitch. We don't have
too many players with that mentality in the team at the moment and unless we buy players, we won't. How do we get such players with our stingy owner without qualifying for the champions League and selling available players that are surplus to requirements? It's the only way but we have to get back to the champions League; it's the first step to our rebuild.
Thank you bro. What I saw in that spurs team is pure ruggedness, city was too hot that day, I was picturing mY Arsenal in that situation and I answered myself we'll crack and get raped.
Next time spurs are playing, Observe the following: Rose, vetroghen,Alderweirld,Sissoko,Wanyama to mention a few, they play with heart,and should they lose a game, their opposition must have done an hectic job.
I hope we get back to UCL, so we can attract good players, we may not necessarily invest largely like city, Emery can do Klopp and poch's style by getting players like Zaha,Tarkoswki,Knockert,deloifou,Docoure,Carrasco, etc.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 1:23am On Apr 26, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Thank you bro. What I saw in that spurs team is pure ruggedness, city was too hot that day, I was picturing mY Arsenal in that situation and I answered myself we'll crack and get raped.
Next time spurs are playing, Observe the following: Rose, vetroghen,Alderweirld,Sissoko,Wanyama to mention a few, they play with heart,and should they lose a game, their opposition must have done an hectic job.
I hope we get back to UCL, so we can attract good players, we may not necessarily invest largely like city, Emery can do Klopp and poch's style by getting players like Zaha,Tarkoswki,Knockert,deloifou,Docoure,Carrasco, etc.

I like Doucoure and Defoloue(spelling check). We need them.
Meanwhile Carzola is balling at Villarreal, provided an assist today. Could have been a better squad player to have than Elneny. Why exactly we didn't sell Elneny last summer?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:59am On Apr 26, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.....I understand but since Emery likes using one striker most of the time and Auba rarely gets injured, it will be a waste of money to have one sitting on the bench. We are not Mancity and don't have that endless kind of wealth. Check out most teams, they have one elite striker and an average one. Having both in our doesn't make sense especially when we don't have such quality in other vital positions on the pitch.

....Sell other players you say? Bro, the highest we have gotten for a player leaving our squad was Chamberlain I think. It's just shows we don't sell well and yet our owner won't give us a dime of his own money. Can we honestly say that there is any player in our squad that will give good money in our squad right save for the big money buys? Get two quality wingers with Auba in the middle and we will be feared both home and away. Right now, our attack is toothless that's why after twenty minutes yesterday, when we did nothing apart from passing here and there, wolves came out because they knew our attack could do nothing.

... Right now, Auba guarantees goals whether we are playing well or not, Laca has to be sold for us to get back to the elite. He is one of the few that will fetch mega bucks for us in our horrible squad. I know we like him but if we get a big offer, we should sell just like Liverpool did with Coutinho....

....Iwobi won't improve unless he has serious competition and now who is he competing against? Suarez? Mkhi? By the time he sits on the bench for three to four games for better players, no one will tell him to learn to shoot.
Lol... I still disagree about us selling lacazette. He can be a very good rotational player. Since he came here, he hasn't done that badly, tho he hasn't lived up to expectations. You said auba rarely gets injured, but what if he does? We'll depend on who? Nketiah? Lol. Also, there are a lot of fringe players we can sell, even if we add their 7m million each(if they cost that low sef) it'll be better. Mustafi, chambers, Jenkinson, mkhi(even if na cut price, e better, after all, we got him free), elneny. At least, all these people cumulatively will give us a decent sum, as well as cutting wage bill. With that we can buy fighters and wingers.
As for iwobi, I feel if he's been improved on, on his shooting as well as a strong competition, he'll improve, if not na bench things. I also feel he's a very good squad player. For keeping levels, I hope they promote Martinez to 2nd choice keeper, let's see instead of thinking of buying another one(ospina can be sold, and he can bring a relatively good sum).

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:02am On Apr 26, 2019
pazienza:

I like Doucoure and Defoloue(spelling check). We need them.
Meanwhile Carzola is balling at Villarreal, provided an assist today. Could have been a better squad player to have than Elneny. Why exactly we didn't sell Elneny last summer?
I saw him against barca and felt the same to,(squad player)
Maybe Carzola didn't have the legs anymore for English football anymore, BPL is too tough,rough, physical and demanding, we get kicked a lot and we don't get protected by Referees.

Elneny wasn't this bad last season, I think Emery rusted him a lot on bench,though he's average and should be sold, but he has been a very good squad player.

His situation isn't that hard to address for 5€ from Basel, he could be sold easily, unlike the liability in Mustafi&Xhaka.(70£).
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:03am On Apr 26, 2019
Jodera:

Lol... I still disagree about us selling lacazette. He can be a very good rotational player. Since he came here, he hasn't done that badly, tho he hasn't lived up to expectations. You said auba rarely gets injured, but what if he does? We'll depend on who? Nketiah? Lol. Also, there are a lot of fringe players we can sell, even if we add their 7m million each(if they cost that low sef) it'll be better. Mustafi, chambers, Jenkinson, mkhi(even if na cut price, e better, after all, we got him free), elneny. At least, all these people cumulatively will give us a decent sum, as well as cutting wage bill. With that we can buy fighters and wingers.
As for iwobi, I feel if he's been improved on, on his shooting as well as a strong competition, he'll improve, if not na bench things. I also feel he's a very good squad player. For keeping levels, I hope they promote Martinez to 2nd choice keeper, let's see instead of thinking of buying another one(ospina can be sold, and he can bring a relatively good sum).
I was waiting to see ozil on your to sell list and miraculously he survived.
How come shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:06am On Apr 26, 2019
*Emmanuel Adebayor on Arsene Wenger's management:*

"Wenger is a beautiful manager. But no matter the situation, we had to play our football. I remember those days going to Stoke. You know it’s a heavy afternoon with Rory Delap’s throw. I’m a big guy but what about the rest of the team? We came out of the dressing room in the corridor and you hear clink, clink...the studs from Stoke... and just think “Oh my God”. Shawcross, Huth, Crouch... Then you see our team of 60kg players.

"We had quality but for some games, I am sorry, it was not enough. United and Chelsea were technical but so strong. Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic. Rio insulted everyone on the pitch. He is proper psycho! But Vidic was the tough man, the nastiest, like running into a rock. He could block a striker with a single finger. He walks on you, he says sorry, he kicks you, he says sorry. He shouts at you and makes a little bit of spit come out. This guy was ready to kill. We swallowed defeats. Games where I scored and we lost 2-1, I thought my job was done. Rio would have come to me “if you want to be happy, score three.” I saw him argue with Rooney and Giggs. These are the things we didn’t have. We were nice. We had a gentlemen team. We play, we pass around but when it comes to being dirty, we couldn’t.

"I remember we were losing 2-1 and we were playing badly. Thierry Henry was going mental. Wenger came in and said, “Calm down, we are perfect, 65 percent of the ball, we have crossed 25 times”. Thierry is telling me “Who cares? We are losing.”"

Please Read the above carefully. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 10:09am On Apr 26, 2019
So, have we officially signed Martinelli yet?

We need players to walk into our starting eleven straight away, will Martinelli do that? I doubt. Heard will be playing for the under 23 side.

Any way,, I watched his highlights and he can already shoot better than Iwobi, not that it takes alot to do that, seeing that Iwobi shoots like a grandmother.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:14am On Apr 26, 2019
Fkhalifa:

We just have to hope on emery to take us to that height. Personally, I feel he can...just that with Wenger's player mentality, it might be difficult for him. He tried drilling it to them, but now I think they've lost steam. Watch Tottenham home and away, Liverpool home and Chelsea, and to some extent man city away, we really fought at those matches. No matter how they slate guen, I still believe he's more better than mkhi in terms of impact as guen can never be lost in a game, tho immaturity and oversabi dey kill am. Since he's young, I believe he'll improve and become an exceptional player for us in years to come. We need fighters and very good players in our team. Our scout needs to work very well. All these Pepe, diogo jota, can't we get them before they become known? Like The way we got torreira, it'll save us money. We don't need to necessarily spend big cash. Let's get unknown good talents that are fighters, and we're good to go.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:19am On Apr 26, 2019
pazienza:
So, have we officially signed Martinelli yet?

We need players to walk into our starting eleven straight away, will Martinelli do that? I doubt. Heard will be playing for the under 23 side.

Any way,, I watched his highlights and he can already shoot better than Iwobi, not that it takes alot to do that, seeing that Iwobi shoots like a grandmother.
It's better. After all nobody thought that guen will ever see shirt this season, not to talk of playing over 20matches. If he can dribble and shoot, then he should enter our squad o. After all most of us here fit want chukwueze and chukwueze is young also. Anybody that can dribble with pace and shoot accurately is highly needed o, even if na 14yr old boy. Lol

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:21am On Apr 26, 2019
sod09:
I was waiting to see ozil on your to sell list and miraculously he survived.
How come shocked
Lol...he crossed my mind, but we need to be realistic. With such a high wage and duration of contract, who we go fit maga ?
Lol
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 10:24am On Apr 26, 2019
I disagree with selling Lacazette, I would prefer selling Auba, but he wouldn't yield enough money because of age constraints.

I say we keep our two strikers, These are what we need to do in selling and exit aspect.

1. Sell Ozil (terminate his contract and release as free agent if we can, too erratic, injury prone, not deserving of his weekly wages)

2. Sell Mkhitaryan,he is useless.

3. Sell Iwobi (Maybe we can use him to lure Palace to sell Zaha to us, with Iwobi moving in the opposite direction by offering Iwobi plus cash to Palace )

4.Sell Mustafi ( Good defender who gets his good work undone by constant moments of madness)

5. Sell Jenkinson ( below average player who had shown to be incapable of improving anymore than his current level)

6. Sell Elneny ( Average player who is not EPL quality)

7. Sell Kolasinac ( Injury prone and cannot play in 4 man defense set up)

8 . Offer Monreal one year contract while we get a new LB, with Monreal as a back up.

9.Release Ospina, Cech(retiring), Lichsteiner, Ramsey, Welbeck (decent back up but too injury prone and is getting older, so the injuries would only get worst)

10. Offer Koscielny new 1 year contract with performance and fitness bonus as incentive. Get a new CB and use Koscielny sparingly .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:26am On Apr 26, 2019
Fkhalifa:
*Emmanuel Adebayor on Arsene Wenger's management:*

"Wenger is a beautiful manager. But no matter the situation, we had to play our football. I remember those days going to Stoke. You know it’s a heavy afternoon with Rory Delap’s throw. I’m a big guy but what about the rest of the team? We came out of the dressing room in the corridor and you hear clink, clink...the studs from Stoke... and just think “Oh my God”. Shawcross, Huth, Crouch... Then you see our team of 60kg players.

"We had quality but for some games, I am sorry, it was not enough. United and Chelsea were technical but so strong. Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic. Rio insulted everyone on the pitch. He is proper psycho! But Vidic was the tough man, the nastiest, like running into a rock. He could block a striker with a single finger. He walks on you, he says sorry, he kicks you, he says sorry. He shouts at you and makes a little bit of spit come out. This guy was ready to kill. We swallowed defeats. Games where I scored and we lost 2-1, I thought my job was done. Rio would have come to me “if you want to be happy, score three.” I saw him argue with Rooney and Giggs. These are the things we didn’t have. We were nice. We had a gentlemen team. We play, we pass around but when it comes to being dirty, we couldn’t.

"I remember we were losing 2-1 and we were playing badly. Thierry Henry was going mental. Wenger came in and said, “Calm down, we are perfect, 65 percent of the ball, we have crossed 25 times”. Thierry is telling me “Who cares? We are losing.”"

Please Read the above carefully. cool
We've got many 60kg players even in this squad cheesy mesef wey no get much body isn't far from 60kg, So pa Wenger had that invincible strong men and later changed to this softies which Emery's inherited? Issokay.
Kosc is our best CB, but not hard like Rio&Vidic, orthers in our team are gbegiri, I want my defenders strong, I'm not interested in this ball playing bullshyt.

This present squad are even more nice and playful than those,( Sod9 cheesy) maybe you are right we need to seize Cameras. grin
Fabregas,v.persie and other youngsters must have benefited a lot from IGWE and the other MEN's mentality while growing up. Unfortunately iwobi,guen et al are being tutored by this pretty sexy model celebrities.
Thiery always wanted more just like the Aguero&Kane of this time, but we have striker who after scoring 2 goals,start celebrating with Masquerade agbada upanda the stadium, and a team who after going 2nil up feel so relaxed and satisfied.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:27am On Apr 26, 2019

Please Read the above carefully. cool[/quote]
Lol, yet we wonder why we go barren during those years or why those players have to leave arsenal cos of no trophy. Me with such a coach, I'll run out of that club o. Who possession help.
Like Henry says...who cares? I feel that's the questions of fans too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:44am On Apr 26, 2019
Jodera:

We just have to hope on emery to take us to that height. Personally, I feel he can...just that with Wenger's player mentality, it might be difficult for him. He tried drilling it to them, but now I think they've lost steam. Watch Tottenham home and away, Liverpool home and Chelsea, and to some extent man city away, we really fought at those matches. No matter how they slate guen, I still believe he's more better than mkhi in terms of impact as guen can never be lost in a game, tho immaturity and oversabi dey kill am. Since he's young, I believe he'll improve and become an exceptional player for us in years to come. We need fighters and very good players in our team. Our scout needs to work very well. All these Pepe, diogo jota, can't we get them before they become known? Like The way we got torreira, it'll save us money. We don't need to necessarily spend big cash. Let's get unknown good talents that are fighters, and we're good to go.
I also feel he can, his team at Sevilla was quality, hard working and technical.I want to see him bring his players before I conclude.
He might tried to drill the boys,but they don't have the energy to do it a whole year.
Guen started as someone who's got heart,takes risk and ready to Man the team,but seems to have been infected by his seniors with fearfulness and laziness, only if had quality leaders to build him up. Forgot how Bellerin,Iwobi and Chambers started? Now fans want them out.No leaders!
I hope Emery and scouts can be and bring those unpopular good players before they get too expensive.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:00am On Apr 26, 2019
pazienza:
I disagree with selling Lacazette, I would prefer selling Auba, but he wouldn't yield enough money because of age constraints.

I say we keep our two strikers, These are what we need to do in selling and exit aspect.

1. Sell Ozil (terminate his contract and release as free agent if we can, too erratic, injury prone, not deserving of his weekly wages)

2. Sell Mkhitaryan,he is useless.

3. Sell Iwobi (Maybe we can use him to lure Palace to sell Zaha to us, with Iwobi moving in the opposite direction by offering Iwobi plus cash to Palace )

4.Sell Mustafi ( Good defender who gets his good work undone by constant moments of madness)

5. Sell Jenkinson ( below average player who had shown to be incapable of improving anymore than his current level)

6. Sell Elneny ( Average player who is not EPL quality)

7. Sell Kolasinac ( Injury prone and cannot play in 4 man defense set up)

8 . Offer Monreal one year contract while we get a new LB, with Monreal as a back up.

9.Release Ospina, Cech(retiring), Lichsteiner, Ramsey, Welbeck (decent back up but too injury prone and is getting older, so the injuries would only get worst)

10. Offer Koscielny new 1 year contract with performance and fitness bonus as incentive. Get a new CB and use Koscielny sparingly .

Laca is among the last of the few players I'll sell,he's got heart,fighting spirit and strength, doesn't hide in most big games and moments. His goals against the big sides are good proofs (Chelsea,utd,Liverpool, city spurs, Atlectico,Napoli)
Auba gives you goals while Lacazzete wins you points, he is this Firmino type of striker, he contributes to the team goals scored.
He's either assisting,creating chances,pre assisting, scoring,winning you penalties and free kicks.
With quality wingers and AM, Auba will score loads of goals,but with Laca everyone around him can score the same no as his.
I agree with the rest of your points especially 8,9&10 except 3, Iwobi can be a good squad understudy player behind Zaha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 11:01am On Apr 26, 2019
On the incoming aspect.

1. Buy Zaha, Use Iwobi to sweeten the deal with Palace

2. Recall back Nelson from his Hoffeinham loan, let him serve as back up on the right wing to Zaha. We have to give youth chance to blossom since we are cash trapped.

2. For left wing, go for Chukwueze, Thauvin, Deulofeu or Carrasco .
My issue with carrasco is that you have to question the mentality of a player that young going to China to play for money. He's been around so long that it's hard to believe he is only just 25 years.
I would prefer Deulofeu. He has Barca hard working ethics and has already adapted to EPL, he would come cheaper too.

3. Get Jonathan Tah for Mustafi replacement. Recall back Chambers for squad depth

4. Get Demibry Kerem for Ramsey replacement

5. A new Left back. I use to fancy Junior Firpo of Real Betis, but he had lost form greatly since this season . He is a versatile player who plays both left wing, left back and even CB position if required. He's only just 22years old.
Alaba is another one, but I doubt Bayern are willing to sell.
There are not many good LB out there, maybe this is an area our scouts would have to earn their pay for us by unearthing a rough diamond from lower rungs of football, like Liverpool did with Robertson.

6. Give Nketiah Welbeck role, promote and give more chance to our younger players like Xaka, Amaechi and Co.

7. Get Emile smith Rowe a new loan deal with newly promoted EPL sides who play attacking football, next season.

8. Hand Willock the Elneny role, or better still, go for Doucoure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1439) (1440) (1441) (1442) (1443) (1444) (1445) ... (3665) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.