Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,973 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2341459 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) ... (3533) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:12pm On May 04, 2019
Fkhalifa:

You can see them as anything, but I'm damn sure the football experts will give them credit and rate them above the gunners over the past few years.

Well you are right tho, just like football experts rate the Dutch teams over the years as perennial underachievers grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:16pm On May 04, 2019
Spy360:

Forget all these EPL proven ish, that was how Chelsea signed Drinkwater like he is the new Frank Lampard only to cry afterwards.
If we can't get a marque signing, then we are better of with what we've got instead of adding more nonsense to it.
Baba, everything in life makes risk,but it's wise you risk with wisdom, Mane, Kante,wanyama,sterling,v.dijk and more all proved premier league standard, while the marquee singnings in Ozil,pogba,morata turned regrets to lots.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:17pm On May 04, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Are u for real?

Just look at those two you mentioned below and Laca and see if any wise manager will see Laca to bank on some young players that may not turn out good
lol...I'm talking of guendouzi jor
someone said psg want to buy him for 70m grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:20pm On May 04, 2019
sod09:
lol...I'm talking of guendouzi jor
someone said psg want to buy him for 70m grin

Ah Jésù!

May all the 401 gods of Ilé ìfẹ́ bless psg for me. Abeg make dem bring money ó. Nothing we bring come nothing we go carry go cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:24pm On May 04, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Ah Jésù!

May all the 401 gods of Ilé ìfẹ́ bless psg for me. Abeg make dem bring money ó. Nothing we bring come nothing we go carry go cheesy
Amin Jesu
There oil well won't dry if they can do this
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:25pm On May 04, 2019
BlueRayDick:

So in one word we should sell him àbí? And replace him with who?

....Not a like for like replacement per say, more like use the funds gotten from his sale to get quality signings in important positions like Liverpool did but knowing Arsenal, we might not do that and that's the fear here. 80 - 100m bid is not one any club especially Arsenal will refuse.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:31pm On May 04, 2019
Fkhalifa:

There's a reason Atlectico and Barça wanted him, the real big footballing side Europe o.

..... It completely depends on what you need a particular player for in your team. Watch Suarez closely and see if you won't see certain attributes of his in Laca. It's why they want him; they need someone to make outlet for Messi just the way Suarez does. Griezzmann is the preferred choice but if we can get Umtiti from this deal alongside few bucks, it will make quite a lot of sense.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:33pm On May 04, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Baba, everything in life makes risk,but it's wise you risk with wisdom, Mane, Kante,wanyama,sterling,v.dijk and more all proved premier league standard, while the marquee singnings in Ozil,pogba,morata turned regrets to lots.

How can u say ozil turned regret nítorí Ọlọ́run? Where do you get all these thoughts from?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:35pm On May 04, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... It completely depends on what you need a particular player for in your team. Watch Suarez closely and see if you won't see certain attributes of his in Laca. It's why they want him; they need someone to make outlet for Messi just the way Suarez does. Griezzmann is the preferred choice but if we can get Umtiti from this deal alongside few bucks, it will make quite a lot of sense.

I don't think barca will be planning to buy a player to make life easier for messi at this stage. If they are buying any player now it obviously would be to plan life after messi na. I'm not saying they aren't interested in Laca ó, but it's the logic you allude to it I'm faulting
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:36pm On May 04, 2019
solomonbrown64:

Grieeze is similar Auba, we need wingers
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:38pm On May 04, 2019
BlueRayDick:

I don't think barca will be planning to buy a player to make life easier for messi at this stage. If they are buying any player now it obviously would be to plan life after messi na. I'm not saying they aren't interested in Laca ó, but it's the logic you allude to it I'm faulting

.....Messi can still play for the next three years and Laca at that time would be 31 or at least 30.... doesn't seem like planning for the future to me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:40pm On May 04, 2019
BlueRayDick:

How can u say ozil turned regret nítorí Ọlọ́run? Where do you get all these thoughts from?
To lots I said. Many didn't see what they wanted from his first season. It has been criticism complain and series of negative all year.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:42pm On May 04, 2019
Fkhalifa:
Grieeze is similar Auba, we need wingers

....How are they similar??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:46pm On May 04, 2019
Fkhalifa:

To lots I said. Many didn't see what they wanted from his first season. It has been criticism complain and series of negative all year.

Who are the lots and what exactly do the lots want him to do? I mean what exactly was he doing in his previous club the lots expected him to do and he failed to do at arsenal?

Do we need to remind the lots how he passes the ball to Giroud and that one decides to pass instead of shooting? Or how he was instrumental to our FA cup wins?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:49pm On May 04, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.....Messi can still play for the next three years and Laca at that time would be 31 or at least 30.... doesn't seem like planning for the future to me.

Has messi indicated he would play for that long? Any serious club (which barca is one of) would be planning life after messi and not buying players to help messi at a very high cost when the present ones doing the job didn't end up in a plane crash
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 11:02pm On May 04, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Has messi indicated he would play for that long? Any serious club (which barca is one of) would be planning life after messi and not buying players to help messi at a very high cost when the present ones doing the job didn't end up in a plane crash

.....Suarez is 32.....Dembele and Coutinho haven't lived up to their price tag, Messi has been their saviour for games and that will continue for a while. I don't know their intentions for getting another 9 but it might just mean that they want a younger Suarez and not a goal machine. As long as Messi still plays there, every other attacker will be second fiddle to him. You don't plan for the future by getting a 27 year old forward. They got De Jong to slowly replace Busquets, they might also get De ligt to replace that defender of theirs. Both replacements are very young players. That's planning for the future.

.....They need another nine for sure maybe to compete with Suarez, I don't know but surely not for the future. I couldn't care less why they get him Laca that's if he is eventually sold, I am more nterested in who Arsenal will get if something like that happens.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Podoslki: 6:36am On May 05, 2019
IZUKWU:
epic
. Which of the podoslki are you guys talking about
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:39am On May 05, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.....Suarez is 32.....Dembele and Coutinho haven't lived up to their price tag, Messi has been their saviour for games and that will continue for a while. I don't know their intentions for getting another 9 but it might just mean that they want a younger Suarez and not a goal machine. As long as Messi still plays there, every other attacker will be second fiddle to him. You don't plan for the future by getting a 27 year old forward. They got De Jong to slowly replace Busquets, they might also get De ligt to replace that defender of theirs. Both replacements are very young players. That's planning for the future.

.....They need another nine for sure maybe to compete with Suarez, I don't know but surely not for the future. I couldn't care less why they get him Laca that's if he is eventually sold, I am more nterested in who Arsenal will get if something like that happens.

I think I'm concerned about arsenal not losing its player of the season that has bailed us out of crucial matches to barca when there's visibly no cheap replacement with proven track records available out there.

If we accept 70m for him, the whatever player we will use to replace him won't be less than 50m, but what is the assurance that player would bang in more goals than Lacazette or even deliver in top matches.

I don't anybody who has complained in the past about how arsenal sold players like van persie, Fabregas etc at their peak should be looking forward to Lacazette exit. It's just like taking us back to Wenger days when we get players with their rough edges, fine tune them and get them firing on all cylinders and some other clubs just takes them away when we should be reaping from our labour
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:03am On May 05, 2019
solomonbrown64:

....How are they similar??
Pace and goals are their forte.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:16am On May 05, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Who are the lots and what exactly do the lots want him to do? I mean what exactly was he doing in his previous club the lots expected him to do and he failed to do at arsenal?

Do we need to remind the lots how he passes the ball to Giroud and that one decides to pass instead of shooting? Or how he was instrumental to our FA cup wins?
The lots wants to see Erickson,de Britney, Silva,carzola (I.e man the game) in him.
He had his best assist tally with Giroud, now that he has Auba and laca, how far with him?
Ramsey and Sanchez were more influential to our facility wins.
I like ozil,but it's clear about 60+percent do not feel satisfied with him, unlike Rosciky Carzola and Fabregas.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:47am On May 05, 2019
Fkhalifa:

The lots wants to see Erickson,de Britney, Silva,carzola (I.e man the game) in him.
He had his best assist tally with Giroud, now that he has Auba and laca, how far with him?
Ramsey and Sanchez were more influential to our facility wins.
I like ozil,but it's clear about 60+percent do not feel satisfied with him, unlike Rosciky Carzola and Fabregas.

Ozil is not a player in the mould of any of those players you mentioned. Ozil was a part of a world cup winning team(an influential member at that), Sanchez whom u mentioned plays better ozil on the pitch. We've seen them do amazing stuff together on the pitch in matches against loserpool and man utd etc.

Now u are talking about he not performing with Auba and Lacazette when u can clearly see he hasn't been getting much games like he did under Wenger.

One thing I detest is when people try to rubbish the past efforts of a player when he is out of favour with the management or something. Ozil may presently not be at his best, but that doesn't negate his previous positive impact he had at the club.

Saying some so called lots are disappointed in him is just not it. Shey those lots no jump up celebrate when he was dribbling ludogorets two by two or when he was tearing loserpool apart with Sanchez or when he was dealing with Conte alongside other players?

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:55am On May 05, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Ozil is not a player in the mould of any of those players you mentioned. Ozil was a part of a world cup winning team(an influential member at that), Sanchez whom u mentioned plays better ozil on the pitch. We've seen them do amazing stuff together on the pitch in matches against loserpool and man utd etc.

Now u are talking about he not performing with Auba and Lacazette when u can clearly see he hasn't been getting much games like he did under Wenger.

One thing I detest is when people try to rubbish the past efforts of a player when he is out of favour with the management or something. Ozil may presently not be at his best, but that doesn't negate his previous positive impact he had at the club.

Saying some so called lots are disappointed in him is just not it. Shey those lots no jump up celebrate when he was dribbling ludogorets two by two or when he was tearing loserpool apart with Sanchez or when he was dealing with Conte alongside other players?

They will even go as far as comparing Guendouzi with Ozil.
Some peeps just get carried away by activity forming.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:56am On May 05, 2019
Fkhalifa:

The fact remains spurs have had a very good and infact better season than Arsenal.
Their owners and fans won't see pics as a failure until he has been given money to invest and bring silverware, Spurs fan and football neutrals do not expect spurs in top4 nor in last 4 in Europe, they do not have history nor money to protect.
I understand Arsenal fans do not like spurs, so they can do no right, but I await that year we will get to UCL semifinals and see if Fans won't celebrate that season or not.
There's a reason Utd mad Madrid wanted him.
How do Spurs have a better season than us?

Please answer logically.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:58am On May 05, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Are u for real?

Just look at those two you mentioned below and Laca and see if any wise manager will see Laca to bank on some young players that may not turn out good
Leave Sod09 with his strange fantasies...
smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:16am On May 05, 2019
Spy360:

How do Spurs have a better season than us?

Please answer logically.

For the past few weeks I've been telling Khalifa to explain same thing to me ó, but he says some analysts will rate them ahead of us.How?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:20am On May 05, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
They will even go as far as comparing Guendouzi with Ozil.
Some peeps just get carried away by activity forming.

If anybody talk that thing for my presence I fit knack am better two by two plank for head.

Guendouzi presently is worse Than how Ramsey played at that age, yet we cuss Ramsey out that year. Why they feel we should allow the boy continue playing like an earthworm is what I don't know.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:25am On May 05, 2019
Fkhalifa:

You can see them as anything, but I'm damn sure the football experts will give them credit and rate them above the gunners over the past few years.
For winning nothing?
lol

That can only be pity not rating.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:28am On May 05, 2019
Fkhalifa:

You tactically did a sieving there. Weed out those you don't want and leave the ones you want. In the City squad only Sterling is PL proven.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:33am On May 05, 2019
BlueRayDick:

I think I'm concerned about arsenal not losing its player of the season that has bailed us out of crucial matches to barca when there's visibly no cheap replacement with proven track records available out there.

If we accept 70m for him, the whatever player we will use to replace him won't be less than 50m, but what is the assurance that player would bang in more goals than Lacazette or even deliver in top matches.

I don't anybody who has complained in the past about how arsenal sold players like van persie, Fabregas etc at their peak should be looking forward to Lacazette exit. It's just like taking us back to Wenger days when we get players with their rough edges, fine tune them and get them firing on all cylinders and some other clubs just takes them away when we should be reaping from our labour

...... Chamberlain was our highest player sold for 40m and right now we have a new regime who I believe are much different from the last one in terms of players sale. I think Laca is more important than Coutinho but won't cost nearly the same because of age perhaps. Laca still has a few more years on his contract which gives us the power in bargaining. If we get a 90m bid for him or 85m then we should sell. Dude was bought for 50m so he wasn't some potential, we knew what we were getting.

.....That money can be used in getting a world-class goal scoring winger or something. We need funds to get us back to the top and should an offer like that come in, any club would sell especially since we have another elite striker in the team. My fear is whether we will get better replacements or a better forward or something remotely close in quality in a very important position. I hope this regime won't be like the last one where we wasted precious funds on useless players. Let's see what happens though; it's going to be an interesting window.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:37am On May 05, 2019
Spy360:

Leave Sod09 with his strange fantasies...
smiley
did you read the conversation or you jumped in like puma
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:42am On May 05, 2019
solomonbrown64:

...... Chamberlain was our highest player sold for 40m and right now we have a new regime who I believe are much different from the last one in terms of players sale. I think Laca is more important than Coutinho but won't cost nearly the same because of age perhaps. Laca still has a few more years on his contract which gives us the power in bargaining. If we get a 90m bid for him or 85m then we should sell. Dude was bought for 50m so he wasn't some potential, we knew what we were getting.

.....That money can be used in getting a world-class goal scoring winger or something. We need funds to get us back to the top and should an offer like that come in, any club would sell especially since we have another elite striker in the team. My fear is whether we will get better replacements or a better forward or something remotely close in quality in a very important position. I hope this regime won't be like the last one where we wasted precious funds on useless players. Let's see what happens though; it's going to be an interesting window.
why are you so interested in selling lacazette and not auba. I prefer we sell auba instead of lacazette cos of the age.
Btw like everyone said they are least of our problems.
We are the 3rd highest scoring in the league what shall it profit us to get world class wingers and we still have shitty defence that concede on weekly basis.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:44am On May 05, 2019
Fkhalifa:

that's a lie, spuds are still shít
Only foolish English pundits rate them high their fans want more. They will always be a pretender not a contender since no trophy to show for it

(1) (2) (3) ... (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) ... (3533) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: germaphobe(m), Jodera, BlueRayDick and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.