Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2320336 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) ... (3491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 3:42pm On Jun 03, 2019
sod09:
since we are fvcked up financially we need to feed on scrap

....I don't think they are scrap bro. Robertson would have been seen as scrap but today he is a champions League winner. Let's see what Emery can do with these players should they sign for us.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2019
solomonbrown64:

....I don't think they are scrap bro. Robertson would have been seen as scrap but today he is a champions League winner. Let's see what Emery can do with these players should they sign for us.
Robertson was a scrap when he was released by Celtic, it depends on how the scrap become valuable.
Guendouzi was a scrap when he was released by psg too but he's improving

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2019
Fkhalifa:

The team has many issues and Ozil is part of the major problems..
The problems can be summed into 3 which are: Mental, physicality and technical know how.
Ozil though has football brain but mental and physical issues.
If ozil goes and we replace him with another sexy soft boy,we are back to square 1.
The reasons we don't win convincingly are:, our strikers aren't deadly and ruthless enough, the mom Auba scores 2 goals,he starts feeling like Lil Wayne, whereas you see Kane,son,Aguero,Costa,Sallah,Ronaldo et Al, play like they want to score 5 goals in every game, they are never satisfied even from their faces.

We lack penetrators, we possess over and over with zero purpose, that's the reason we struggle to score goals in games,except only cases where team gives us space.
1,was there a time in Arsenal when Ozil was physically strong?
2, how many games did Ozil start in EPL this season
3, how did the team play without him?
4, how did we play with him?
5, win rates with and without him?
Then you have ur answer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 03, 2019
The team and set up is shambolic, you can’t even tell what strategy we are playing most times.

At least with Wenger we play to keep the ball and do it well.

Emery sets up the team to play drab.

I agree Ozil ain’t there anymore, but how do we play when Ozil doesn’t start? Is it any different? Or everybody must join the bandwagon of let’s blame Ozil.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:11pm On Jun 03, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.....There are posts here that I expect someone of your calibre not to reply to. You just overlook them and move on.

....Now, I don't agree with the bolded. Arsenal had 21.5% conversion rate for last season, the highest and deadliest of any EPL team in the league. So, while our strikers miss unexplainable sitters, they are not the problem. The problem is that they are the only one scoring with Ramsey far behind their goals with six goals. Imagine that Bellerin who was injured months ago was still up there with one of the highest assists in the club last season with six assists which says a lot about our attacking players especially one Oloriburuku that thinks he is still invincible.

....If Salah and Mane are not scoring, Van Dirk or Firmino or Origi or someone else will the do the scoring, same with other big teams in the league. I am glad we have put in a formal bid for one tall leganes striker like that; he can dribble and can actually head the ball well. But we also need a good crosser of the ball too. We need a different outlet in case both strikers are not doing the job or perhaps one of them is leaving.
The system we play and with the caliber of players we had towards the end of the season requires Auba/ laca to save the day..
Ozil,iwobi and mhicky doesn't score or not enough..

It means We rely on wing backs,and midfielders to get the ball to our strikers to score...
Our strikers should know they are our only hope, no one else looks like can score..
So Auba/ and laca though did well,but that attitude of of joking about after scoring 1 or 2 goals they scored like Drake frustrates, while they are aware we have no scores nor defenders.

That's what I felt is the reason we don't win convincingly that kokane asked.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 4:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
Fkhalifa:

The system we play and with the caliber of players we had towards the end of the season requires Auba/ laca to save the day..
Ozil,iwobi and mhicky doesn't score or not enough..

It means We rely on wing backs,and midfielders to get the ball to our strikers to score...
Our strikers should know they are our only hope, no one else looks like can score..
So Auba/ and laca though did well,but that attitude of of joking about after scoring 1 or 2 goals they scored like Drake frustrates, while they are aware we have no scores nor defenders.

That's what I felt is the reason we don't win convincingly that kokane asked.

.... Exactly, but they can't score all the time which is why you need someone else to do that when that happens but sadly there isn't one at present now. Hopefully, we will get at least one winger this summer.

.... That annoying attitude of theirs has reduced na, after that disgrace at the final, shame no go let them do any stupid stuff for now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:18pm On Jun 03, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
how many games did Ozil start 2nd half of this season?
what has been the difference btw when he payed and when he didn’t.?

Compare the team play, attack intent, off and on the ball movement of Wenger managed team with Emery. Not forgetting Wenger played most of his later years with youths and inexperienced players.

Ozil is our biggest AM and we rely on him to wreck havoc like the debruyne,Silva,Eriksson, Winaldum and host of others, we shifted mhicky,carzola,iwobi to accommodate him...
Emery switched to using our CMs in his position in his absence..
We only looked better with Wenger because of a Sanchez, Sanchez was the man doing the attacking, off the ball and what have you, the mom he left, we became so insipid and started losing away games

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 03, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Ozil is our biggest AM and we rely on him to wreck havoc like the debruyne,Silva,Eriksson, Winaldum and host of others, we shifted mhicky,carzola,iwobi to accommodate him...
Emery switched to using our CMs in his position in his absence..
We only looked better with Wenger because of a Sanchez, Sanchez was the man doing the attacking, off the ball and what have you, the mom he left, we became so insipid and started losing away games
there was a time we didn’t have Sanchez and Ozil. The period when we weren’t making big, experienced signings. We weren’t this bad.!!

Mind you, Sanchez left in January we still coped. These days we can’t even beat Mid-table clubs. We had Giroud and we were beating them comfortably, Emery has Laca and Auba and our attack looks impotent.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

1,was there a time in Arsenal when Ozil was physically strong?
2, how many games did Ozil start in EPL this season
3, how did the team play without him?
4, how did we play with him?
5, win rates with and without him?
Then you have ur answer.

1,Ozil was a bit stronger when he came 5 years ago, we saw some agility then, but now he's done and can't cope in English football anymore.

2, I don't know, but the little time bellerin,welbeck and holding featured we saw their effort.

3, No difference, since him and our orther attackers can't do what modern quality attackers do.

4,we were soft, passes here and there and had no physicality, penetration and ruthlessness.

5, same with 3.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:51pm On Jun 03, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
there was a time we didn’t have Sanchez and Ozil. The period when we weren’t making big, experienced signings. We weren’t this bad.!!

Mind you, Sanchez left in January we still coped. These days we can’t even beat Mid-table clubs. We had Giroud and we were beating them comfortably, Emery has Laca and Auba and our attack looks impotent.

The league wasn't this hard then, we had Rosciky,carzola,wilshere,oxlade,Walcott,coq,koscienly, who had qualities good enough to survive those days and get top4...

NOooo, the mom Sanchez left, we didn't win any away game till last day in the league against Huddersfield.

For me, I'll continue to insist Auba and laca should compete and not be paired, one of then should be flanked with 2 quality wingers like in Liverpool and city..

Yes, they might have combined to score some goals,but the effect of that means we are short in the flanks and middle,
we had to rely on kola and Niles to create and defend all day..the mom Niles and kola who do not have enough energy to run up and down the pitch bump forward, that means we have Auba, laca,kola,Nile and ozil upfield..

And you know Opposition will outrun xhaka easily, bully guen and Lucas, so we have them in numbers against our old defenders.

So with wingers who can constantly push opposition back, midfielders who can control and hold the ball confidently, the defense won't be under pressure and every thing will balance.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 4:59pm On Jun 03, 2019
Ozil has become very poor. Imagine Sanchez creating and assisting more than him, despite having a bad season. He is suppose to lead this team, but he is the most ineffective player. How some people crucify a 23 year old while supporting his mediocre performances is one of the wonders of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:02pm On Jun 03, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
The team and set up is shambolic, you can’t even tell what strategy we are playing most times.

At least with Wenger we play to keep the ball and do it well.

Emery sets up the team to play drab.

I agree Ozil ain’t there anymore, but how do we play when Ozil doesn’t start? Is it any different? Or everybody must join the bandwagon of let’s blame Ozil.
I think his wage,style of slow weak football makes fans pounce on him a lot.

If Ozil goes, and we bring in another sexy soft boy who will only pass and flick the ball, then no difference will we see..

Ozil to me will do well in a team like barca and PSG, those teams just need you to be intelligent, neymar mad messi will connect well with him and those league aren't as hard as EPL.

Ozil isn't the only issue we have, Emery played good football with sevilla and PSG,I'll wait till he has his own full team before I decide on him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:57pm On Jun 03, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

yes because only Manchester United and Chelsea were the only one spending big then
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2019
Eawwal:
Ozil has become very poor. Imagine Sanchez creating and assisting more than him, despite having a bad season. He is suppose to lead this team, but he is the most ineffective player. How some people crucify a 23 year old while supporting his mediocre performances is one of the wonders of the world.
oga guendouzi is 19 and people will crucify him if he play nonsense, no body here support ozil too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2019
sod09:
oga guendouzi is 19 and people will crucify him if he play nonsense, no body here support ozil too
I think he's referring to Iwobi not guen.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:21pm On Jun 03, 2019
Fkhalifa:

I think he's referring to Iwobi not guen.
no one here really criticized iwobi only that he can't shoot
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
I don't condone disrespect of authority. Ozil needs to go because there is no mutual respect between coach and player. Ozil also does not like Emery's style and is not willing to adapt to it. I still think he is one of the most intelligent players when he is on his game and in the right setting where he does not have defensive responsibilities but Arsenal is no longer the club for him. Furthermore, we don't have the finances to continue with such a wage while playing in the Europa.

Our scouts have to help Emery and that has been my stance because we are not going to spend much in the transfer market.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:36am On Jun 04, 2019
Roland17:
I don't condone disrespect of authority. Ozil needs to go because there is no mutual respect between coach and player. Ozil also does not like Emery's style and is not willing to adapt to it. I still think he is one of the most intelligent players when he is on his game and in the right setting where he does not have defensive responsibilities but Arsenal is no longer the club for him. Furthermore, we don't have the finances to continue with such a wage while playing in the Europa.

Our scouts have to help Emery and that has been my stance because we are not going to spend much in the transfer market.
You have summed it all, The requirements expected at Arsenal and the league is too much for Ozil, teams like barca&PSG just need you to be intelligent, those leagues aren't as fast,hard,draining and physical like in England.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:35am On Jun 05, 2019
Moreno is free, if you ask I say we take him. He has worked with Emery before and I don't think he can be more stupid or dumb than kola
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:27am On Jun 05, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

I really do not think our attack looks impotent tho.

I think our defence is shambolic and our midfielders easily go to sleep. Yes Xhaka is not good enough and we need to get some good competition for our right back and left back positions.

I don't seem to understand Emery's style of play. Just like someone said earlier he plays drab, more like anything goes; no clear style of play like we had in the Wenger days.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:35am On Jun 05, 2019
sod09:
Robertson was a scrap when he was released by Celtic, it depends on how the scrap become valuable.
Guendouzi was a scrap when he was released by psg too but he's improving

Guendouzi is still scrap
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:44am On Jun 05, 2019
Eawwal:

Ìwobi got a chance thousands of youth players don't get. He was lucky enough to get a chance most youth players like gnabry didn't get at arsenal and Ìwobi hasn't lived up to expectations.

For at least 3 years he's been featuring int the senior team and he hasn't been able to show why he should be our first choice number 10. His push of the ball going forward is full of Indecisions whether to pass or dribble, when he eventually shoots the ball it barely takes the keeper any effort at all to get a hold of the ball.

In a team like Chelsea, Iwobi would've gone on countless loans and get sold eventually sef.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:01am On Jun 05, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Guendouzi is still scrap
I think he's more motivated and played better than that foolish ozil
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:02am On Jun 05, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Ìwobi got a chance thousands of youth players don't get. He was lucky enough to get a chance most youth players like gnabry didn't get at arsenal and Ìwobi hasn't lived up to expectations.

For at least 3 years he's been featuring int the senior team and he hasn't been able to show why he should be our first choice number 10. His push of the ball going forward is full of Indecisions whether to pass or dribble, when he eventually shoots the ball it barely takes the keeper any effort at all to get a hold of the ball.

In a team like Chelsea, Iwobi would've gone on countless loans and get sold eventually sef.
blame wengay iwobi is not a winger he played better football in 10 position. Ask yourself how many times has he played his right position
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:38am On Jun 05, 2019
sod09:
I think he's more motivated and played better than that foolish ozil

Nobody is saying ozil was good last season, in fact he was worse than mustafi this past season.

Me saying Guendouzi is still scrap is in context of how u coined Ur initial post. Guendouzi was bought a scrap and hasn't turned world class, at least not yet.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:46am On Jun 05, 2019
sod09:
blame wengay iwobi is not a winger he played better football in 10 position. Ask yourself how many times has he played his right position

Do u know how many positions Bernardo Silva plays?

Abeg Iwobi is not just good enough.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Nobody is saying ozil was good last season, in fact he was worse than mustafi this past season.

Me saying Guendouzi is still scrap is in context of how u coined Ur initial post. Guendouzi was bought a scrap and hasn't turned world class, at least not yet.
I'm not saying he's world class yet but he has improved maybe not much considering the kind of players he's with
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2019
sod09:
I'm not saying he's world class yet but he has improved maybe not much considering the kind of players he's with

Yes not much at all. I don't know him prior to joining arsenal, but I can tell u he's still a rough diamond.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:32pm On Jun 05, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Do u know how many positions Bernardo Silva plays?

Abeg Iwobi is not just good enough.
haba, how can you compare Bernardo with iwobi or any of our midfielders.
All I'm saying is Emery should at least try iwobi in his prefer position and watch if he's good or not we have seen him take that position from Mikel in Nigeria.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2019
Auba, xhaka,mustafi and mhki have all removed arsenal FC from their bios good riddance to bad nonsense.
If they can all generate 150m they should all fvck off.
Useless waste pipes, I hope ozil join body with them
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2019
sod09:
haba, how can you compare Bernardo with iwobi or any of our midfielders.
All I'm saying is Emery should at least try iwobi in his prefer position and watch if he's good or not we have seen him take that position from Mikel in Nigeria.

Why can't we compare the two?

Bernardo Silva is 24 and Ìwobi is 23.

You are not getting it. Ìwobi was handed a chance most of our youth players dream of day and night. I bet if dem nketiah, Bukayo Saka are given that kind of opportunity, they will make the best of it and become much more better than them Ramsey.

Iwobi has not lived up to expectation, he switches on and off.

There are so many players played out of position that have gone ahead to excel in their assigned role. Look at united's Valencia in his prime, he was like the best right back in England despite starting out as a number 7. Abeg stop making excuses for Ìwobi.

Ìwobi is not good enough. He doesn't even start most games for Nigeria sef.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:06pm On Jun 05, 2019
sod09:
Auba, xhaka,mustafi and mhki have all removed arsenal FC from their bios good riddance to bad nonsense.
If they can all generate 150m they should all fvck off.
Useless waste pipes, I hope ozil join body with them

Sorry to disappoint u, words on the street is Xhaka is about getting a new contract and will probably be made arsenal captain afterwards grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) ... (3491) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.