Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2300077 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 6:24pm On Jun 08, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Abeg let him make whoever he wishes to be his best man Jàre. It is his day of joy and people are suddenly turning it to diplomatic war.

The truth is no matter what a man is labeled, he will always have people who love him and choose to see beyond all that. Look at Abacha of Nigeria, despite people calling him all sorts or name after his demise, his family and loved ones still celebrate his demise till date( If I'm not mistaken, today should be his remembrance sef)

Even Al Mustapha that carried out deadly orders for Abacha contested in the last election and still had people rooting for him.

Make Una just leave ozil and let him fraternize with whomever he wishes.

By the way, America has committed more war crimes than this Turkey president in the past but nobody is talking about it. Make dem allow us hear word jare

....... You just confirmed today that you are an Ozil fan first before an Arsenal fan. It is quite disappointing to see a supposed fan who supports a club type something of this nature.

...... If you don't know who Erdogan is, then it's better you find out instead of embarrassing yourself by comparing Abacha and his fans to Ozil's current situation.

..... Arsenal brand is behind Chelsea and the others in Asia and far behind Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool in America. We are trying to break into that market because of their purchase power to increase our revenue generation because of the sort of philosophy we follow here. The UAE sponsoring us is already a serious red flag but when your biggest player is busy romancing with someone Americans see as a dictator and human rights abuser, you are seeking for trouble. The fans in Europe are already pissed talk more of those that are yet to receive our market.

.....Erdogan knows that Turkey being part of NATO as a tool to curb Russia's influence on the Mediterranean is the reason the American government still overlook his antecedents there. Ozil either doesn't know that he is a tool used by Erdogan for his political gains or he knows and just doesn't care. His reply to the latest criticism that the US/Uk have done bad things and that goes in line in what you wrote up there shows the sort of person he is. Anyway, I don't care who he follows or he doesn't but Arsenal's biggest player affiliating himself with Erdogan doesn't do us any favours. It's a serious bad rep. It is best we do away with him and he can go do whatever he wants with his president.

... Arsenal do not need such negativity in such a critical time.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
ndidibabe:
Maybe you couldn't read properly. I have always maintained that Arsenal is not good enough in all my post.
I knew you were confused you had to wait forever to reply....
Mtcheww
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:25pm On Jun 08, 2019
solomonbrown64:

....... You just confirmed today that you are an Ozil fan first before an Arsenal fan. It is quite disappointing to see a supposed fan who supports a club type something of this nature.

...... If you don't know who Erdogan is, then it's better you find out instead of embarrassing yourself by comparing Abacha and his fans to Ozil's current situation.

..... Arsenal brand is behind Chelsea and the others in Asia and far behind Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool in America. We are trying to break into that market because of their purchase power to increase our revenue generation because of the sort of philosophy we follow here. The UAE sponsoring us is already a serious red flag but when your biggest player is busy romancing with someone Americans see as a dictator and human rights abuser, you are seeking for trouble. The fans in Europe are already pissed talk more of those that are yet to receive our market.

.....Erdogan knows that Turkey being part of NATO as a tool to curb Russia's influence on the Mediterranean is the reason the American government still overlook his antecedents there. Ozil either doesn't know that he is a tool used by Erdogan for his political gains or he knows and just doesn't care. His reply to the latest criticism that the US/Uk have done bad things and that goes in line in what you wrote up there shows the sort of person he is. Anyway, I don't care who he follows or he doesn't but Arsenal's biggest player affiliating himself with Erdogan doesn't do us any favours. It's a serious bad rep. It is best we do away with him and he can go do whatever he wants with his president.

Oga call me whatever u name u would, it doesn't matter.

What I am telling u is even Hitler had supporters. Ozil's wedding is a private affair, Arsenal did not sponsor his wedding. He can decide to associate with whomever he feels like.

If arsenal wants to get rid of him because he frolicks with someone Nato refers to as number one enemy, then they should pay his severance package and let him go. The Abacha-Comparison I did was to show u that no matter how a large populace refer to someone as a dictator, murderer, etc, they will always have people who lean towards them. At least my old man still has copies of 1997 Tell Magazines that had headlines of civilians like me and u earnestly yearning for Abacha's continued rule prior to his demise.

As for not knowing who Edorgan is and embarrassing myself, maybe u should educate me on how much a devil he is that America hasn't been.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:46pm On Jun 08, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Oga call me whatever u name u would, it doesn't matter.

What I am telling u is even Hitler had supporters. Ozil's wedding is a private affair, Arsenal did not sponsor his wedding. He can decide to associate with whomever he feels like.

If arsenal wants to get rid of him because he frolicks with someone Nato refers to as number one enemy, then they should pay his severance package and let him go. The Abacha-Comparison I did was to show u that no matter how a large populace refer to someone as a dictator, murderer, etc, they will always have people who lean towards them. At least my old man still has copies of 1997 Tell Magazines that had headlines of civilians like me and u earnestly yearning for Abacha's continued rule prior to his demise.

As for not knowing who Edorgan is and embarrassing myself, maybe u should educate me on how much a devil he is that America hasn't been.

....Ozil is Turk regardless of the fact that his parents were born in Germany as well as him too. There is nothing wrong in claiming being Turk and if he decides to carry it a step further by being friends with the president despite who he is. I don't have a problem with that, that's why I deem the narrative of Abacha and his fans and America being good or bad as unnecessary. You are clearly intelligent so I don't want to conclude that you have comprehension problems, this is just a case of liking a player beyond anything. I don't have a problem with that either because of your previous bias towards other players you don't like in this very thread. That's who you are so no problem.

....Once again Pal, this isn't Erdogan vs them or America vs the rest of the world. It's the disrespect here by Ozil towards the people who pay his salary. The disrespect to fans of his and the club and the fans to be in America. Whether America is good or bad, the fact is we need their market. E.O.D. and Ozil's action is not helping and will not help that cause. That's the bone of contention here, Mr. Blue.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2019
sod09:
I knew you were confused you had to wait forever to reply....
Mtcheww
I am a Banker. A top professional and a mum of two. No time really..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 8:49pm On Jun 08, 2019
please guys, if different news outlet are saying that we have a limited budget of about £45 million, how come we are 'close' to securing deals of £35 million for Carrasco and £42 million for the sampdoria duo, which is over £70 million

.......ayam not understanding again
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:51pm On Jun 08, 2019
Who's is watching these outdated grandmas play grin grin
Bunch of joke
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2019
kodded:
please guys, if different news outlet are saying that we have a limited budget of about £45 million, how come we are 'close' to securing deals of £35 million for Carrasco and £42 million for the sampdoria duo, which is over £70 million

.......ayam not understanding again
they have hope of selling players na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:54pm On Jun 08, 2019
solomonbrown64:

....Ozil is Turk regardless of the fact that his parents were born in Germany as well as him too. There is nothing wrong in claiming being Turk and if he decides to carry it a step further by being friends with the president despite who he is. I don't have a problem with that, that's why I deem the narrative of Abacha and his fans and America being good or bad as unnecessary. You are clearly intelligent so I don't want to conclude that you have comprehension problems, this is just a case of liking a player beyond anything. I don't have a problem with that either because of your previous bias towards other players you don't like in this very thread. That's who you are so no problem.

....Once again Pal, this isn't Erdogan vs them or America vs the rest of the world. It's the disrespect here by Ozil towards the people who pay his salary. The disrespect to fans of his and the club and the fans to be in America. Whether America is good or bad, the fact is we need their market. E.O.D. and Ozil's action is not helping and will not help that cause. That's the bone of contention here, Mr. Blue.

Talk about bias, everyone has that.....at least that's why people study statistics to PhD level....

I still don't get how whom I want to be my best man at my wedding can be serious concern to millions of people who won't be at my wedding. I mean it's a private wedding most people didn't even know was happening until about two days ago.

I believe people just want to have something to talk about.

Ozil said UK/America is as bad as they claim Turkey is; this is a fact going back in history. So I really don't get why people should have sleepless night over his matter while he is busy shagging his new bride.

You seem to hold America in such high esteem and see them as God's own country that was appointed by God to decide who is right or wrong, who should be termed bad or otherwise.....

Arsenal as a club will not dictate who a player chooses to associate with off the pitch, once he doesn't make disrespectful comments about the club( I'm sure he didn't)

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:26pm On Jun 08, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Talk about bias, everyone has that.....at least that's why people study statistics to PhD level....

I still don't get how whom I want to be my best man at my wedding can be serious concern to millions of people who won't be at my wedding. I mean it's a private wedding most people didn't even know was happening until about two days ago.

I believe people just want to have something to talk about.

Ozil said UK/America is as bad as they claim Turkey is; this is a fact going back in history. So I really don't get why people should have sleepless night over his matter while he is busy shagging his new bride.

You seem to hold America in such high esteem and see them as God's own country that was appointed by God to decide who is right or wrong, who should be termed bad or otherwise.....

Arsenal as a club will not dictate who a player chooses to associate with off the pitch, once he doesn't make disrespectful comments about the club( I'm sure he didn't)

..... It is quite obvious you always sway away from the point of contention deliberately just to suit your narrative. Let me just indulge you on this.

... You expect fans to keep mute about the biggest player in their team clearly supporting a human rights abuser because he is free to do that and because America is bad? What sort of silly excuse is that?? It's like a company's biggest star ambassador supporting say a rapist or convicted murderer and you expect the customers of that company to keep mute because the said ambassador can do what he wants ( in this case, support this criminal). What sort of reasoning is that?

.... This is beyond Ozil's action now but it's repercussions towards Arsenal as a football club, especially in the American market. So, advocating for this means that I see America as omnipotent or something? I posted my point isy that his actions do not help our cause in improving product sales in America and growing our streaming numbers there simply because he is our biggest star currently but somehow you have turned the argument to the fact that America is bad or Turkey bad or whatever. Ozil condemned the conduct against him by the Germans and openly said that US & UK is bad as well but he has yet to condemn the horrible things his best man has done. So, what does that make him?

... Anyway, this is your opinion but while you are looking out for your favourite player or one of favourite your players, my utmost interest is that of the club and not any player. By the way, good to know you are biased towards those you like.Good night bro.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
solomonbrown64:

is UAE not sponsoring Real Madrid and PSG? You get emotional with everything
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

This is exactly his problem. He talks about bias as if not all humans have bias. In fact his bias shows he is all out to have ozil our at all cost. As if arsenal that employed ozil will follow emotions and demote him to reserves or sell him for cheap because he chose to have a dictator as his best man. Smh....

As if football clubs are run on emotions. This is no 4cking national team!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 9:47pm On Jun 08, 2019
sod09:
they have hope of selling players na

I thought its selling before buying

.....anyways Emery should also consider buying that ziyech guy, I heard his release clause is just £25 million
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
kodded:

I thought its selling before buying

.....anyways Emery should also consider buying that ziyech guy, I heard his release clause is just £25 million
forget ziyech abeg we need strong wingers not the one that will be intimidated if we get carrasco I won't mind Fraser too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
BlueRayDick:

This is exactly his problem. He talks about bias as if not all humans have bias. In fact his bias shows he is all out to have ozil our at all cost. As if arsenal that employed ozil will follow emotions and demote him to reserves or sell him for cheap because he chose to have a dictator as his best man. Smh....

As if football clubs are run on emotions. This is no 4cking national team!
away from Ozil dragging the team backwards. Ozil is also to blame for our brand being behind in Asia and America. At this rate If dude can’t impregnate his wife he’ll definitely blame Ozil.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:57pm On Jun 08, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... It is quite obvious you always sway away from the point of contention deliberately just to suit your narrative. Let me just indulge you on this.

... You expect fans to keep mute about the biggest player in their team clearly supporting a human rights abuser because he is free to do that and because America is bad? What sort of silly excuse is that?? It's like a company's biggest star ambassador supporting say a rapist or convicted murderer and you expect the customers of that company to keep mute because the said ambassador can do what he wants ( in this case, support this criminal). What sort of reasoning is that?

.... This is beyond Ozil's action now but it's repercussions towards Arsenal as a football club, especially in the American market. So, advocating for this means that I see America as omnipotent or something? I posted my point isy that his actions do not help our cause in improving product sales in America and growing our streaming numbers there simply because he is our biggest star currently but somehow you have turned the argument to the fact that America is bad or Turkey bad or whatever. Ozil condemned the conduct against him by the Germans and openly said that US & UK is bad as well but he has yet to condemn the horrible things his best man has done. So, what does that make him?

... Anyway, this is your opinion but while you are looking out for your favourite player or one of favourite your players, my utmost interest is that of the club and not any player. By the way, good to know you are biased towards those you like.Good night bro.

What exactly are u saying for 4ck sake? Somebody invited an alleged dictator to his wedding and not just that, he makes him his best man. How is that any body's problem?

For 4ck sake,Amenesty international indicted Nigerian army and Buhari the GCFR for killing of at least 150 unharmed IPOB supporters, does that stop Buhari from meeting with Trump? Does it stop him from meeting other world leaders?.

What u don't know is all these western countries may even know u drink from human skull, but once u have something to offer them u are good to go.

Oga if Arsenal parades messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe, Neymar and the likes nobody would care if a certain ozil gets his asss busted by any damn Edorgan. Make Arsenal have something to offer and see how Ozil's wedding will.not matter to anybody.

And so u know, I've not swayed from the point I raised initially. The young man has a right to appoint anybody as his best man. Let arsenal focus on doing business and leave him alone, if not sell him off
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

.... Imagine! Comparing a brand like Real Madrid with Arsenal or a club with unlimited resources like PSG with self-sustain club like ours. You guys will pull out anything to defend your MCM. If we had a owner putting his money in this club, perhaps this won't be a problem but since we don't, and we need to raise revenue from the very market this news will most likely affect us, then it's a problem. Someone is being reasonable, this one is saying emotional. I am only looking out for my club here not the deeds of another man wey no send me and wey I no send too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:01pm On Jun 08, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
away from Ozil dragging the team backwards. Ozil is also to blame for our brand being behind in Asia and America. At this rate If dude can’t impregnate his wife he’ll definitely blame Ozil.

grin grin grin
Na why I dey even vex. The Asia and America market wey Roland17 just explain less than 2 days ago wey most people for here no even reason, suddenly it's ozil that should be blamed if we don't hit the ground there. The same market we have been trying to break into for years ó.

I'm sure na Edorgan being ozil best man no go make Keroenke sanction release of funds for new signings sef cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2019
BlueRayDick:

What exactly are u saying for 4ck sake? Somebody invited an alleged dictator to his wedding and not just that, he makes him his best man. How is that any body's problem?

For 4ck sake,Amenesty international indicted Nigerian army and Buhari the GCFR for killing of at least 150 unharmed IPOB supporters, does that stop Buhari from meeting with Trump? Does it stop him from meeting other world leaders?.

What u don't know is all these western countries may even know u drink from human skull, but once u have something to offer them u are good to go.

Oga if Arsenal parades messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe, Neymar and the likes nobody would care if a certain ozil gets his asss busted by any damn Edorgan. Make Arsenal have something to offer and see how Ozil's wedding will.not matter to anybody.

And so u know, I've not swayed from the point I raised initially. The young man has a right to appoint anybody as his best man. Let arsenal focus on doing business and leave him alone, if not sell him off

..... I am not interested in politics here or whatever you are bringing up. I already posted before that Turkey being part of NATO despite the records of human rights abuses is evident that governments are out for each other's interest. So, I don't know why you are still bringing up America being good or bad or Buhari's antecedents. We are appealing or marketing our products to the American fans not its government. It's the American people that will stream our matches and not its government. I don't care about Governments and their hypocritical nature. I am concerned about the American people that will see this and react to it which they already have.
That's my point. Jesus, what is so hard for you to see here?

....If Ozil wasn't an Arsenal player, this won't be a topic because our club is not involved. Arsenal doesn't parade Messi or Ronaldo and even so, they are not exempted. There was a time, Ronaldo took a picture putting his leg on Budda's statue or something and Asian fans came hard on him. He had to apologise. Imagine if he hadn't, you want to tell me that wouldn't have affected their market in Asia? So, if the mighty Ronaldo is not exempted, who the Fvck is Ozil? And what makes you think his actions won't affect us or that it isn't anybody's business who he mingles with when Ozil is our Ronaldo in terms of Star power. And to make matters worse, Ozil's explanation was that US is bad too and you expect its citizens to take our club serious. What a fan you are.

...And to think that I thought you intelligent.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... I am not interested in politics here or whatever you are bringing up. I already posted before that Turkey being part of NATO despite the records of human rights abuses is evident that governments are out for each other's interest. So, I don't know why you are still bringing up America being good or bad or Buhari's antecedents. We are appealing or marketing our products to the American fans not its government. It's the American people that will stream our matches and not its government. I don't care about Governments and their hypocritical nature. I am concerned about the American people that will see this and react to it which they already have.
That's my point. Jesus, what is so hard for you to see here?

....If Ozil wasn't an Arsenal player, this won't be a topic because our club is not involved. Arsenal doesn't parade Messi or Ronaldo and even so, they are not exempted. There was a time, Ronaldo took a picture putting his leg on Budda's statue or something and Asian fans came hard on him. He had to apologise. Imagine if he hadn't, you want to tell me that wouldn't have affected their market in Asia? So, if the mighty Ronaldo is not exempted, who the Fvck is Ozil? And what makes you think his actions won't affect us or that it isn't anybody's business who he mingles with when Ozil is our Ronaldo in terms of Star power. And to make matters worse, Ozil's explanation was that US is bad too and you expect its citizens to take our club serious. What a fan you are.

...And to think that I thought you intelligent.

Bros first and foremost I don't care what the 4ck u think about me. Intelligent or Dull ; it doesn't matter!

Now to the matter at hand. Arsenal is a football club and not a country that a player needs to check if his country's foreign policy aligns with his own personal decision.

How Ozil choosing his best man being the president of his country of birth affects arsenal is still a mystery to me. So because Edorgan is perceived a dictator by American government we should assume the American people will shun arsenal games and not accept arsenal brand because Ozil; Arsenal's so called biggest player sees a friend in the Turkish president? Like seriously? Don't u think ur assumptions are far fetched?

I mean for years Arsenal has not broken into the American sports market like Liverpool and Man utd have done, but suddenly ozil should take the blame for it cos he is having his president as his Best man?

grin

Now it's no longer blame it on Wenger, but blame it on ozil. I get.

U Claim.u don't want to talk about international politics, but u forget Ur assumption that ozil's stand will affect arsenal marketing prospects in the US is based on the anticipated reactions of the American people to international politics....issokay

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2019
sod09:
forget ziyech abeg we need strong wingers not the one that will be intimidated if we get carrasco I won't mind Fraser too
wink I'm happy you you are in support of strong players,not those who crack under pressure,passes back and get injured all year..
I also wouldn't mind Fraser after getting carrasco..

Ozil& mhicky should clear off asap,enough is enough, otoge!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:49pm On Jun 08, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Bros first and foremost I don't care what the 4ck u think about me. Intelligent or Dull ; it doesn't matter!

Now to the matter at hand. Arsenal is a football club and not a country that a player needs to check if his country's foreign policy aligns with his own personal decision.

How Ozil choosing his best man being the president of his country of birth affects arsenal is still a mystery to me. So because Edorgan is perceived a dictator by American government we should assume the American people will shun arsenal games and not accept arsenal brand because Ozil; Arsenal's so called biggest player sees a friend in the Turkish president? Like seriously? Don't u think ur assumptions are far fetched?

I mean for years Arsenal has not broken into the American sports market like Liverpool and Man utd have done, but suddenly ozil should take the blame for it cos he is having his president as his Best man?

.....Lmao.....Can you imagine what a grown ass man just typed? Jesus Christ!! Is that what I have been saying? I blame myself for replying your mention after all I didn't mention or tag you or your lackey when I posted my opinion.

.... It's alright, every man with his own thoughts.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:04pm On Jun 08, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.....Lmao.....Can you imagine what a grown ass man just typed? Jesus Christ!! Is that what I have been saying? I blame myself for replying your mention after all I didn't mention or tag you or your lackey when I posted my opinion.

.... It's alright, every man with his own thoughts.

I already stated I don't care if u think I'm intelligent or otherwise. Oya for clarity sake tell us in clear terms how Ozil's choice of best man affects Arsenal's marketing prospects in America ( I have a way of overlooking snide remarks on nairaland)

I really want to understand what u have against ozil other than the so calle " looking out for Ur club".
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 11:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
BlueRayDick:

I already stated I don't care if u think I'm intelligent or otherwise. Oya for clarity sake tell us in clear terms how Ozil's choice of best man affects Arsenal's marketing prospects in America ( I have a way of overlooking snide remarks on nairaland)

I really want to understand what u have against ozil other than the so calle " looking out for Ur club"

..... This is the exact problem here. I post something about Ozil, I hate him that's why I do that. Everybody loved it when he came to Arsenal. Honestly, it did a lot to the team's morale and brought back that fear factor since Igwe and Van Persie left, at least for a while. But is he the same player he was then? Clearly, he is not. He is longer motivated and he clearly doesn't like our new coach. I don't hate him but his attitude lately has been unprofessional and he has further gone up in hurting fans emotions. On his day, he is a destroyer but that day came only thrice or so last season. I know he wasn't happy about how he was treated by the country he played for and just maybe this is his own way of saying Fvck you to them but it has now gone beyond national team interest and now about Arsenal.

.... About why I criticizing his choice of best man. I don't know if we are allowed to post links here but there was a story where Erdogan and his security team harassed American citizens in their own soil during a protest or something and Trump did next to nothing of course because the American government interests in Turkey. It might have been brushed aside by the government but American citizens haven't forgotten. Erdogan is also known for instigating hate for Armenians and several other horrible things. So, my fear is that the people might use this to get back at Erdogan. If we had a big market there already, it wouldn't have been any problem but since we are still trying to get in. It might be an obstacle especially since Europeans are already "crying" over it. We are saw how Mhkitaryan's issue became a big topic and need I remind you that Mkhi is Armenian too.

...This particular event is already on BBC, so it's definitely something. So bro, that's my fear on this matter. Nothing personal against Ozil.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:06am On Jun 09, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... This is the exact problem here. I post something about Ozil, I hate him that's why I do that. Everybody loved it when he came to Arsenal. Honestly, it did a lot to the team's morale and brought back that fear factor since Igwe and Van Persie left, at least for a while. But is he the same player he was then? Clearly, he is not. He is longer motivated and he clearly doesn't like our new coach. I don't hate him but his attitude lately has been unprofessional and he has further gone up in hurting fans emotions. On his day, he is a destroyer but that day came only thrice or so last season. I know he wasn't happy about how he was treated by the country he played for and just maybe this is his own way of saying Fvck you to them but it has now gone beyond national team interest and now about Arsenal.

.... About why I criticizing his choice of best man. I don't know if we are allowed to post links here but there was a story where Erdogan and his security team harassed American citizens in their own soil during a protest or something and Trump did next to nothing of course because the American government interests in Turkey. It might have been brushed aside by the government but American citizens haven't forgotten. Erdogan is also known for instigating hate for Armenians and several other horrible things. So, my fear is that the people might use this to get back at Erdogan. If we had a big market there already, it wouldn't have been any problem but since we are still trying to get in. It might be an obstacle especially since Europeans are already "crying" over it. We are saw how Mhkitaryan's issue became a big topic and need I remind you that Mkhi is Armenian too.

...This particular event is already on BBC, so it's definitely something. So bro, that's my fear on this matter. Nothing personal against Ozil.

So all we've been going back and forth is based on Ur fears?

U see this is why kokaneprodigy said u are being emotional.

1.Obviously Edorgan is not the man of the year in Europe or America.

2. Ozil has spent most part of the last season on the sidelines despite being the highest paid arsenal player. In summary he had a bad season cos even the match he played he didn't live up to expectations.

3. Ozil cussed at the coach and has not been a good example to the young lads in the team.

4. Ozil chooses Edorgan as his best man when Arsenal is still trying to break into American market(which they have been at it for years)

Ozil could be axed for 2 and most especially 3....but why he should be axed for his choice is best man is what I don't get. There's no guarantee Arsenal will be given warm embrace in the US if ozil is sold before our pre-season tour. Clubs like Man utd, Liverpool that broke into the US market have pedigree, history, and good runs in the past which pays off for them. Arsenal had none of that presently. USA is not a footballing nation like that.

I stated it earlier that people are looking for who to blame for our woes and ozil is offering himself up as a scape goat due to his recent antics on and off the pitch.

Perhaps Edorgan committed all those acts as alleged against him, if u ask him he will tell u it was in the best interest of his people ( of course which ozil is one of).

U stated it earlier that Trump who presides over America turned blind eye over some allegations against Edorgan for reasons best known to him; this shows how international politics works. It's all about interest and nothing more. I read somewhere America are angry about Edorgan having some deals with Russia and even planning on calling off planned sale of some jets to him because he's in bed with Russia.

Abeg if Americans can vote in Donald Trump despite his racist tendencies, what makes u think they won't even endorse arsenal with ozil that only had Edorgan as his beat man and not run a newspaper congratulatory message for the successive harassment of Americans?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 12:20am On Jun 09, 2019
BlueRayDick:

So all we've been going back and forth is based on Ur fears?

U see this is why kokaneprodigy said u are being emotional.

1.Obviously Edorgan is not the man of the year in Europe or America.

2. Ozil has spent most part of the last season on the sidelines despite being the highest paid arsenal player. In summary he had a bad season cos even the match he played he didn't live up to expectations.

3. Ozil cussed at the coach and has not been a good example to the young lads in the team.

4. Ozil chooses Edorgan as his best man when Arsenal is still trying to break into American market(which they have been at it for years)

Ozil could be axed for 2 and most especially 3....but why he should be axed for his choice is best man is what I don't get. There's no guarantee Arsenal will be given warm embrace in the US if ozil is sold before our pre-season tour. Clubs like Man utd, Liverpool that broke into the US market have pedigree, history, and good runs in the past which pays off for them. Arsenal had none of that presently. USA is not a footballing nation like that.

I stated it earlier that people are looking for who to blame for our woes and ozil is offering himself up as a scape goat due to his recent antics on and off the pitch.

Perhaps Edorgan committed all those acts as alleged against him, if u ask him he will tell u it was in the best interest of his people ( of course which ozil is one of).

U stated it earlier that Trump who presides over America turned blind eye over some allegations against Edorgan for reasons best known to him; this shows how international politics works. It's all about interest and nothing more. I read somewhere America are angry about Edorgan having some deals with Russia and even planning on calling off planned sale of some jets to him because he's in bed with Russia.

Abeg if Americans can vote in Donald Trump despite his racist tendencies, what makes u think they won't even endorse arsenal with ozil that only had Edorgan as his beat man and not run a newspaper congratulatory message for the successive harassment of Americans?

.... Which is the more reason why we don't need any negativity right now. If America isn't a footballing nation like that then other parameters such as off the pitch antics will come into play or don't you think so?

....Ozil is not the scapegoat here. Yes, he has been very poor but he is not the sole problem of the team. Everyone knows that. If it were to be Kolasinac or someone of lesser pedigree in this same situation, I doubt if anyone will give a damn. But Ozil has tremendous star player in terms of followers and this has been a long drawn topic too since the world cup.

..... Not all Americans voted for Trump and whether his policies are good or bad, he claims to have his country at heart but can we say the same for Ozil? Does his recent actions speak well for Arsenal? Give an honest answer abeg.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:56am On Jun 09, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... Which is the more reason why we don't need any negativity right now. If America isn't a footballing nation like that then other parameters such as off the pitch antics will come into play or don't you think so?

....Ozil is not the scapegoat here. Yes, he has been very poor but he is not the sole problem of the team. Everyone knows that. If it were to be Kolasinac or someone of lesser pedigree in this same situation, I doubt if anyone will give a damn. But Ozil has tremendous star player in terms of followers and this has been a long drawn topic too since the world cup.

..... Not all Americans voted for Trump and whether his policies are good or bad, he claims to have his country at heart but can we say the same for Ozil? Does his recent actions speak well for Arsenal? Give an honest answer abeg.

Your first paragraph; in all honesty our current state as a club won't do us any good. We don't parade any star that is up there with the big boys in the Ballon D'or race....we have American players donning our shirt and neither did we win any significant trophy that might raise their interest in arsenal as a club.....In fact we might end up losing some fans over there like we are doing in Nigeria as fans are growing impatient with the club not winning a major trophy. This has nothing to do with ozil's off field antics( at leat not until a research survey is carried out strictly for the purpose of determining ozil's choice of best man on the club's brand / image)

Second paragraph : I said it earlier, people will always talk about stuff like that and they move on afterwards . Maradona made middle finger gestures at the world cup. It hasn't stopped him from being the legend he is. It's just a meal served hot for the press. Beleive it or not, Ozil won't get sanctioned for his choice best man. He might be axed for cussing at Emery, but I doubt him being penalized for our subject of discussion. Like I said earlier this is club football and not national team.

Your last paragraph talking about Trumps election, well America is not Nigeria where people cry for 4 years bemoaning how they were rigged out of the polls. Trump is POTUS because Americans voted him in. Whether 100% voted for him or 1% voted him.in doesn't matter. As for ozil's recent actions at the club, I will gladly tell u I'm not in support of calling out the coach and muttering disapproving words to him. Tho it may may be argued he is presently not happy at the club( maybe because the coach ignored him for major part of the past season), but it doesn't justify his action.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:16am On Jun 09, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Well, that's a choice that will not improve our lot as it has been stated previously that strike force is not our problem. That Auba outscored the league champions' striker and strikers of other clubs.

It's not like Van persie would leave attack and join our leaky defence na
Our strikers did their job this season no doubt. Defence and midfield were our undoing.

I was only comparing RvP to Auba after someone said Auba was better.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:51am On Jun 09, 2019
Spy360:

Our strikers did their job this season no doubt. Defence and midfield were our undoing.

I was only comparing RvP to Auba after someone said Auba was better.

Yeah I get. I was only pointing out that saying RVP was clinical and on that same sentence inferring Auba is otherwise, is not fair to Auba. Except clinical in this case means visiting the clinic regularly ó grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Yeah I get. I was only pointing out that saying RVP was clinical and on that same sentence inferring Auba is otherwise, is not fair to Auba. Except clinical in this case means visiting the clinic regularly ó grin
Lol.

Auba is a goal machine. Some say he misses a lot. But I always tell them, to miss means to be there first, and to shoot at goal. What of those who never shoot, how can they miss? The more you score, the more you are going to miss.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:20am On Jun 10, 2019
I had a bad dream Arsenal refused to buy Ramsey's replacement and claim Callum Chambers(Jack of all trade master of none) will fill the void left by Ramsey undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 10:58am On Jun 10, 2019
BlueRayDick:
I had a bad dream Arsenal refused to buy Ramsey's replacement and claim Callum Chambers(Jack of all trade master of none) will fill the void left by Ramsey undecided

Wouldn't be surprise bro, too many rumours , not even any known bid have been tabled... Typical arsenal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) ... (3478) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.