Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2324491 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) ... (3496) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2019
Dreamswayne:

Even if he turns out to be a Denis Suarez or Lichtsteiner... As far as we don't activate the option to buy, we are safe...

that's what I'm saying it's a win for us good or bad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2019
Jodera:

Well, I guess that's mostly under Wenger's time.
And I won't tag benayoun as a flop here, cos I knew he tried. The rest sha where flop. Also, Denis Suarez was a rushed January deal, so I won't look deeply into that. Ceballos is starting the season with us, and God help us, if he's that instrumental for us or hold our midfield so much that perhaps we might be reliant on him, don't you think it'll backfire?

I don't want to believe it will back fire before season end we would have scout a better replacement or willock takes over
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
Jodera:

Well, I guess that's mostly under Wenger's time.
And I won't tag benayoun as a flop here, cos I knew he tried. The rest sha where flop. Also, Denis Suarez was a rushed January deal, so I won't look deeply into that. Ceballos is starting the season with us, and God help us, if he's that instrumental for us or hold our midfield so much that perhaps we might be reliant on him, don't you think it'll backfire?

Zidane doesn't fancy Ceballos, it's only Perez trying to keep him...

If Zidane succeeds this season, They will go for the much more established superstar players like Pogba and Eriksen...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:55am On Jul 24, 2019
Real Madrid 0- 2 Ars, both team down to 10 men.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AbuMaryam1(m): 2:13am On Jul 24, 2019
Final whistle 2-2. Penalties Madrid 3-2Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:21am On Jul 24, 2019
If Emery doesn't get CL this season, he should be sacked!!!

Coward angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ForValour: 4:42am On Jul 24, 2019
Dreamswayne:
If Emery doesn't get CL this season, he should be sacked!!!

Coward angry
what/who made him a coward biko
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ForValour: 4:43am On Jul 24, 2019
Emery still has a lot of work to do on this Arsenal team though
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:39am On Jul 24, 2019
We were 2 goals up and after papa red card the both teams were even but our fvcking coach decided to sit back and invite pressure with these clowns he called defenders,very stupid move our best form of defense is to attack and attack by that the useless defenders we parade can have a free day.
I hope Emery decision won't ruin him this season again angry

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 24, 2019
iamoyindamola:
We were 2 goals up and after papa red card the both teams were even but our fvcking coach decided to sit back and invite pressure with these clowns he called defenders,very stupid move our best form of defense is to attack and attack by that the useless defenders we parade can have a free day.
@ForValour, this is what makes Emery a coward... angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 11:50am On Jul 24, 2019
iamoyindamola:

....Lol, you don start again. Marcelo and Ascencio ripped Jenkinson a new one, Dude was literally murdered by those two.

... Xhaka kept losing possession and Nketiah lost two golden chances to win us the game. How on Earth is that the Coach fault? I think we tried taking on the fire power of Madrid till Penalties but it should never have gotten to that if Nketiah had taken his chances.

.... Nketiah needs to work on his composure and Lacazette has been very average recently and please get us a winger and put Auba in the middle. He would have buried Nketiah's chances.

.... For me, Emery did well.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2019
No be only defense get problem embarassed

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2019
The effect of having mobile players against the lazy,one footed,jogging, low work rate,fearful, predictive players in the midfield.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
The importance of wingers over double strikers shouldn't even cause debate, it brings about stability and good team structure.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 24, 2019
@Fkhalifa,

Those are the team's problems, We know...

But yesterday between 45-60 minutes, didn't you see how the team fell back to defend their 2 nil lead??

That's cowardice from Emery's part...

Not like we have athletico's defence to defend the lead sef...

Emery will fail this season if he keeps on being a coward
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2019
You want to substitute but took out your best midfield player and replace with a finished monreal??

The dead snail Xhaka and the dead head Mhikitaryan in the centre of the pitch??

Ozil at Right wing back??

Wtf was Emery thinking?? angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
Playing Ozil at Right wing back and Mkhitaryan at Centre of the midfield when you want to defend a 2 goal lead is STUPIDITY!!!

angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2019
Mkhitaryan didn't even make any move to make contact with Asensio before slotting the ball in...

Ball watching at it's best...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2019
Everyone saw how Willock kept the midfield tidy in the first half...

And how that Kid Burton did a good job in the second half...

If Emery didn't introduce the kids, we would have capitulated and chop 5-2 like we did in baku!!! angry

End of rant!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:32pm On Jul 24, 2019
Dreamswayne:
@Fkhalifa,

Those are the team's problems, We know...

But yesterday between 45-60 minutes, didn't you see how the team fell back to defend their 2 nil lead??

That's cowardice from Emery's part...

Not like we have athletico's defence to defend the lead sef...

Emery will fail this season if he keeps on being a coward
He probably feels its a friendly, has no consequence, just trying stuffs and players getting fit...
My idea of of explaining Emery's Cowardice is his inability to act like Zidane,pep and Mourinho, this coaches will tell it straight they don't want this player,not in their plans and all.
After reading what Emery just said that we should be realistic that we won’t catch up with Liverpool or Manchester City this season. Has he not seen Zidane, can he not learn He told the president and all he does not want Bale anymore in his team and they are looking for ways to ship him out, Pep did with Ihenacho,Toure and some others, Mou same with Mata and he will tell us all what he wants e.g Maguire..

Why can’t this incumbent Coach we have to tell the owners that he wants Mustafi out, Kolasinac out, and xhakha out? Miki out? No instead of the ambitious coach he claims to want to build his team round Xhaka.

Can't he even see some quality hard working players in spain he's from?I urge you to watch games from mid table teams from those leagues, you'll be surprised on some Hidden talents who wouldn't cost over £20.
I am already resigned to us not even competing for any competition this year, I want the Kroenke family out along with those blood-sucking mercenaries we have in our club. Who on earth doesn’t know that we need a proper CB, LB and a winger? Now we read Tierney is off, Tierney who has been rumored by those who know him to be currently 10 times better than Kola and the aged Nacho.
It took us a whole month to get Suarez on loan, now its taking forever to get ceballos, Even Allardyce is begging us to get Zaha and wonders why we can't see what others sees. Sad.
I'm not ready for the season at all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
Rugani anyone?
Bout time we have an Italian in defence
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2019
Dreamswayne:
Everyone saw how Willock kept the midfield tidy in the first half...

And how that Kid Burton did a good job in the second half...

If Emery didn't introduce the kids, we would have capitulated and chop 5-2 like we did in baku!!! angry

End of rant!
but someone said I have started again like seriously grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:47pm On Jul 24, 2019
iamoyindamola:
Rugani anyone?
Bout time we have an Italian in defence

Baba, you better no give yourself heart attack with all these rumors. Wake up from your dream abeg grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
Charles Watts: Saliba and Ceballos had their medicals on Wednesday and were were shown around London Colney. Still in talks with Celtic over Tierney, meanwhile, a fresh bid is expected soon for Zaha. Have been offered Everton Soares but sources at Arsenal say the reports in Brazil are not correct.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2019
Fkhalifa:

He probably feels its a friendly, has no consequence, just trying stuffs and players getting fit...
My idea of of explaining Emery's Cowardice is his inability to act like Zidane,pep and Mourinho, this coaches will tell it straight they don't want this player,not in their plans and all.
After reading what Emery just said that we should be realistic that we won’t catch up with Liverpool or Manchester City this season. Has he not seen Zidane, can he not learn He told the president and all he does not want Bale anymore in his team and they are looking for ways to ship him out, Pep did with Ihenacho,Toure and some others, Mou same with Mata and he will tell us all what he wants e.g Maguire..

Why can’t this incumbent Coach we have to tell the owners that he wants Mustafi out, Kolasinac out, and xhakha out? Miki out? No instead of the ambitious coach he claims to want to build his team round Xhaka.

Can't he even see some quality hard working players in spain he's from?I urge you to watch games from mid table teams from those leagues, you'll be surprised on some Hidden talents who wouldn't cost over £20.
I am already resigned to us not even competing for any competition this year, I want the Kroenke family out along with those blood-sucking mercenaries we have in our club. Who on earth doesn’t know that we need a proper CB, LB and a winger? Now we read Tierney is off, Tierney who has been rumored by those who know him to be currently 10 times better than Kola and the aged Nacho.
It took us a whole month to get Suarez on loan, now its taking forever to get ceballos, Even Allardyce is begging us to get Zaha and wonders why we can't see what others sees. Sad.
I'm not ready for the season at all.
I would be satisfied if we don't buy anyone but shift all those dross players!!

God!!!!

Watching this shit players this season is torture embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:38pm On Jul 24, 2019
Dreamswayne:

I would be satisfied if we don't buy anyone but shift all those dross players!!

God!!!!

Watching this shit players this season is torture embarassed

Somebody said with 3 of Kolasinac,chambers,jekinson Sokratis and mustafi starting at the back, we are already 1-0 down grin in any game..
And with Kola bumping forward and ozil and Xhaka's pace in the middle, its 2-0.. cheesy..
Now how many sincere Arsenal fans going to st James park is confident of a win? They complain Arsenal fans are too cool like they are in a library, what's there to excite them?
With our away form, even stakers won't carry us straight win.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:16am On Jul 25, 2019
Overall, I will say Arsenal had a successful US Tour for 2 important reasons.

Young Guns
For the first time in a very long time, we saw talented academy players who despite their age show a lot of promise and prospect. If you are an Arsenal fan you have to be excited about the development of Willock (who is ahead of the curve), Nketiah, Saka, Olayinka, Burton, and John Jules. We did not see much of Smith Rowe because he is recovering from an injury but he is also a good one. While all of them may not transition into our first team, we can get reasonable sums for these guys if they continue to develop at Arsenal if they are sold. Also, Young players like Nelson and Martinelli who are more experienced also showed they can play important roles when called upon.

Penetrating the US Market
All our games during the tour were well attended. If you watched the games you would observe that Arsenal fans drowned the supporters of our opponents and when you consider we played some very good teams, I will say that is a huge plus as we try to penetrate the US market. I remember before this tour I posted the importance of this tour from a financial standpoint for the club and I think we did a very good job in increasing our US fanbase. The success of the tour is also buttressed by how fast our new Adidas Jerseys have sold out. They are not available online or any store in the US or the UK and this drive is largely influenced by the fact that Adidas has a strong base in the US even though they are not an American company. This success will have a huge impact on our finances.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
Thought it would take forever... angry

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 25, 2019
He would wear number 8

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2019
wink

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
Dani Ceballos has given his first interview as an Arsenal player, detailing why he chose the Gunners (via Arsenal.com).

After weeks of speculation, we finally have the official confirmation that Dani Ceballos is an Arsenal player.

The 22-year-old midfielder has joined the club on a season-long loan deal from Real Madrid with no option to buy.

The Gunners beat out competition from North London rivals Tottenham in order to sign the Spaniard, something which Ceballos talked about in his first official interview as an Arsenal player.

“I’m really proud to be able to wear this shirt,” Ceballos told Arsenal.com.

“I’m joining an historic Premier League side and it’s a step forward in my career.

“I knew I had the confidence of the coach, which was very important for me from the start. I was aware of the responsibility that wearing this shirt entails and it was a tremendously proud moment when I decided to join Arsenal.

“The coach was the turning point in terms of me joining this massive club. He’s a Spanish coach and he knows me from my time at other clubs. I’m really happy to be able to help Arsenal achieve our objectives.”

So, it seems as if Unai Emery had a big role to play in Dani Ceballos’ decision. Either way, it’s great to finally have the official confirmation of his deal. Let’s hope he can add a lot to this team in the coming season. He will wear the number 8 shirt for the club.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2019
..... Well it's good that Emery has that pull to convince certain players to join, I thought we lost that after Wenger left. Nice to know it's still there.

.... Ceballos might be used as that number 10 that runs all over the place, something similar to Rakitic's role when he played for Emery. Ceballos doesn't have that ghostly instinct of moving into the box quietly like Ramsey does effortlessly, but he will be that technical connect between the defense and attack we have lacked for so long now. Strategic signing by the board.

... Now, it's a good or die affair for Tierney and Zaha/Everton although personally, I don't see Zaha happening.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) ... (3496) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.