Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2324556 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) ... (3496) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:00am On Jul 16, 2019
Another season with the Bosnian body builder at left back will be a disaster... angry angry

Thompson holding down the fort till Kolasinac enters and we looked open...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by wman(m): 9:31am On Jul 16, 2019
Roland17:
For those who did not watch the game.

Colorado Rapids 0-3 Arsenal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXm6_z8wXQI

Those two Nigerian kids were solid in the game.

Bukayo Saka and James Olayinka
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:10am On Jul 16, 2019
Dreamswayne:
Another season with the Bosnian body builder at left back will be a disaster... angry angry

Thompson holding down the fort till Kolasinac enters and we looked open...
I am in pains, I mean sifia pains, Kola,jenko,ozil,musta,mhicky,xhaka,elneny and chambers cry
I'm not ready for the season at all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 16, 2019
The only good thing about this current team are the kits and this duo... cheesy cheesy

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 16, 2019
See that brainless body builder at the back...

Tank without Aims!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 16, 2019
Is it just me that starts smiling once Auba smiles?? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 11:45am On Jul 16, 2019
Roland17:
For those who did not watch the game.

Colorado Rapids 0-3 Arsenal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXm6_z8wXQI

Bro, what formation did we play?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:54pm On Jul 16, 2019
MrDojo:

Bro, what formation did we play?

4-3-3 and it was quite exciting to see the fluidity in movement, particularly in the 1st half.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Whatever we do, now or in the future, we can not allow Saka to leave this team. The kid is a baller and I know Emery sees what everyone sees in the kid. Promote him to the first team already and find ways to get him games. I love what I saw in Martinelli, he is a good passer and has a lot of energy. I have said it before that I would rather we play a mix of these young hungry and committed guns and finish outside the top 4/6 than those complacent and entitled players and still finish outside the top 4.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:32pm On Jul 16, 2019
Roland17:
Whatever we do, now or in the future, we can not allow Saka to leave this team. The kid is a baller and I know Emery sees what everyone sees in the kid. Promote him to the first team already and find ways to get him games. I love what I saw in Martinelli, he is a good passer and has a lot of energy. I have said it before that I would rather we play a mix of these young hungry and committed guns and finish outside the top 4/6 than those complacent and entitled players and still finish outside the top 4.
Baba, Martineli, Saka,Olayinka et al equals £120 in 3/4 years time for kroenke and those concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2019
......Josh Kroenke has finally replied after the protest of yesterday to say that he actually cares. The open letter is on Arsenal's official website and he also says that he is excited about the transfers coming in.

....Well, who wouldn't be? In the last three days we have had a second bid rejected for Tierney with a third one already on the way. Dani Ceballos is close to joining us on loan with no option to buy from Madrid, Everton is on his way for 28m and we are also looking at Dani Alves. Saliba is still on too.

...Yes, the deadwoods are still there and might not leave till the end of their contracts but if we get these deals done, I will expect nothing less than third with at least a trophy this season.

.... Edu coming in seems to have sped things up and it is becoming obvious we won't sign Zaha; personally I think he shouldn't have signed that deal last year. I feel for the dude though.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by thorrvik55(m): 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2019
solomonbrown64:
..... From Claude- Maurice to Zaha to Malcolm to Everton..... Only God knows the winger we will get.

Is it a must for Arsenal to sign wingers this season?

The pattern of play last season without wingers, with auba and lava scoring goals left, right center was good. Signing wingers might only disrupt the style of play. There are more pressing issues than signing wingers this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
thorrvik55:

The pattern of play last season without wingers, with auba and lava scoring goals left, right center was good. Signing wingers might only disrupt the style of play. There are more pressing issues than signing wingers this season.
I disagree.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2019
thorrvik55:

..... Bro, it is very important that Arsenal signs a winger even if it's just one. We had no play pattern last season because we do not have the players to carry out what the Coach wants. Emery plays 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 formation with deadly wingers on both sides of the pitch and a hard-working number 10 pulling the strings. The only person that can play on the wings is not a natural winger and we all know Auba is not either even though he tried last season.

.... The lack of wingers forced Emery to play 3-5-2 with the full back overlapping to do the work of a winger but that left the midfield completely open as one of the double pivot moves in to cover for the overlapping fullback if we did not want a simple looping ball to kill us. The open midfield was what Chelsea used to finish us at the finals last season. So, the formation works well for cutbacks for strikers to score but leaves space left by the fullback wide open for a looping ball and if one of the midfielders leave to cover that space, the midfield becomes wide open. It's the reason we leaked a lot of goals last season because of the pressure on the defense from the open midfield.

...So a decent Left back will allow us return to a back four and a tricky winger will put other teams on the defense, reducing the pressure on our defense and our midfield will stay in shape. This is why we have been chasing Tierney and tricky wingers this summer, they are the top priorities for us next season. Wingers are the reason Liverpool and Mancity are the most dreaded teams in world football right now. No one is stupid enough to go all attack mode on them because of their wingers, their midfield retains their shape and in turn there is little pressure on their defense hence why both teams had the lowest number of goals conceded Last season. So, yes wingers are extremely important.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2019
Roland17:

4-3-3 and it was quite exciting to see the fluidity in movement, particularly in the 1st half.

Thanks, Bro.

By the way, did the formation change when we introduced the senior players?

I'm happy for Saka, I've not really watched him play. But I've heard a lot about him. Hopefully, Nelson get's a chance to impress against Bayern.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... Bro, it is very important that Arsenal signs a winger even if it's just one. We had no play pattern last season because we do not have the players to carry out what the Coach wants. Emery plays 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 formation with deadly wingers on both sides of the pitch and a hard-working number 10 pulling the strings. The only person that can play on the wings is not a natural winger and we all know Auba is not either even though he tried last season.

.... The lack of wingers forced Emery to play 3-5-2 with the full back overlapping to do the work of a winger but that left the midfield completely open as one of the double pivot moves in to cover for the overlapping fullback if we did not want a simple looping ball to kill us. The open midfield was what Chelsea used to finish us at the finals last season. So, the formation works well for cutbacks for strikers to score but leaves space left by the fullback wide open for a looping ball and if one of the midfielders leave to cover that space, the midfield becomes wide open. It's the reason we leaked a lot of goals last season because of the pressure on the defense from the open midfield.

...So a decent Left back will allow us return to a back four and a tricky winger will put other teams on the defense, reducing the pressure on our defense and our midfield will stay in shape. This is why we have been chasing Tierney and tricky wingers this summer, they are the top priorities for us next season. Wingers are the reason Liverpool and Mancity are the most dreaded teams in world football right now. No one is stupid enough to go all attack mode on them because of their wingers, their midfield retains their shape and in turn there is little pressure on their defense hence why both teams had the lowest number of goals conceded Last season. So, yes wingers are extremely important.

Yes, I support this.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2019
MrDojo:

Thanks, Bro.

By the way, did the formation change when we introduced the senior players?

I'm happy for Saka, I've not really watched him play. But I've heard a lot about him. Hopefully, Nelson get's a chance to impress against Bayern.

Emery played the same formation for the most part even when the "senior Kpangolos" entered the game to spoil everything. I will be watching Nelson closely against Bayern and while friendlies may not give us a conclusive stance about him, I think it gives us a parameter to judge him on other non-technical aspects.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 5:48pm On Jul 16, 2019
Roland17:

Emery played the same formation for the most part even when the "senior Kpangolos" entered the game to spoil everything. I will be watching Nelson closely against Bayern and while friendlies may not give us a conclusive stance about him, I think it gives us a parameter to judge him on other non-technical aspects.

cheesy grin

Yeah, I agree with you. Friendlies don't really matter, it's just for the players to gain fitness and work on one or two tactical aspects of the team's play.

I really like Nelson, I hope he won't be shipped on loan this season. If we are using 4-3-3 this season, it means we are finally getting sense. Let Laca and Auba compete for the ST position. Then Saka, Nelson, Martinelli, Micki and so on can compete for the wings. Hopefully we get another CM... Hope we keep Chambers, too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2019
solomonbrown64:

Your head is too correct,infact this has been my opinion since day1 of last season, anybody that disagree with everything you put up there is a kindergarten in football..

At the bolded, ii remembered out game against Everton, they could have scored 5 against us, what do you expect when Kola goes forward always waiting for a pass he can run to for cross and cut backs and never tracks back, Niles doing the whole attacking job and has to run back to catch up with hazard..you have Auba/laca uptop, ozil behind them( those 3 are always meant to be uptop) you have an immobile Xhaka( who gets overrun easily) Guendozi( who gets bullied easily) Torreira( Who after running upanda and gets fatigued, gets muscled and bullied for his size)..

Opposition loop ball into either of their pacy wingers, they've got space to run to, you see 4 against 3 defenders and gbam we get punished.

See how Ndidi/Etebo made our defenders looked so good, Musa and chuwkwueze made Awaziem and Ola Aina/ Collins look organized, they don't bump forward anyhow, they focus majorly on defence before anything else..

Man city and Liverpool's have got wingers who won't allow you attack them anyhow, you attack, they kill you on the counter, you pack bus, they concede none or little.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 8:54pm On Jul 16, 2019
solomonbrown64:
......Josh Kroenke has finally replied after the protest of yesterday to say that he actually cares. The open letter is on Arsenal's official website and he also says that he is excited about the transfers coming in.

....Well, who wouldn't be? In the last three days we have had a second bid rejected for Tierney with a third one already on the way. Dani Ceballos is close to joining us on loan with no option to buy from Madrid, Everton is on his way for 28m and we are also looking at Dani Alves. Saliba is still on too.

...Yes, the deadwoods are still there and might not leave till the end of their contracts but if we get these deals done, I will expect nothing less than third with at least a trophy this season.

.... Edu coming in seems to have sped things up and it is becoming obvious we won't sign Zaha; personally I think he shouldn't have signed that deal last year. I feel for the dude though.

hopefully we can get fraser on a free transfer come next season smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Your head is too correct,infact this has been my opinion since day1 of last season, anybody that disagree with everything you put up there is a kindergarten in football..

At the bolded, ii remembered out game against Everton, they could have scored 5 against us, what do you expect when Kola goes forward always waiting for a pass he can run to for cross and cut backs and never tracks back, Niles doing the whole attacking job and has to run back to catch up with hazard..you have Auba/laca uptop, ozil behind them( those 3 are always meant to be uptop) you have an immobile Xhaka( who gets overrun easily) Guendozi( who gets bullied easily) Torreira( Who after running upanda and gets fatigued, gets muscled and bullied for his size)..

Opposition loop ball into either of their pacy wingers, they've got space to run to, you see 4 against 3 defenders and gbam we get punished.

See how Ndidi/Etebo made our defenders looked so good, Musa and chuwkwueze made Awaziem and Ola Aina/ Collins look organized, they don't bump forward anyhow, they focus majorly on defence before anything else..

Man city and Liverpool's have got wingers who won't allow you attack them anyhow, you attack, they kill you on the counter, you pack bus, they concede none or little.

..... Your head is there bro. Those two protected the Mustafinhos in our defense but even that wasn't enough for them, Ekong still did his thing... grin

.... Most people forget how Bayern with Peak Robben and Ribery gave teams nightmares. The seven goal destruction of Barcelona that year was the highlight of their prowess all because Barca came all out for them. If you pack the bus against them, Salah, Mane, Sane, Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, Sterling have the trickery to break down that defense. Mancity have 5 of these wingers, quality ones: Liverpool has two; Chelsea has Pedro, William, Odoi and Pulisic; Man United now has Martial, Rashford and now James; Tottenham has Son and Moura and we have None .

.....The best wingers in the league are in City, Liverpool and Tottenham and we all witnessed what they achieved last season. Two of those wingers won the golden boot with a striker for that matter. It's amazing what we achieved last season without one, but we will get nowhere without one this season too. Can't see how anyone can't see this.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2019
kodded:

hopefully we can get fraser on a free transfer come next season smiley

.....Or better still, Crystal Palace gets relegated and we get Zaha for 30million grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:35pm On Jul 16, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... Your head is there bro. Those two protected the Mustafinhos in our defense but even that wasn't enough for them, Ekong still did his thing... grin

.... Most people forget how Bayern with Peak Robben and Ribery gave teams nightmares. The seven goal destruction of Barcelona that year was the highlight of their prowess all because Barca came all out for them. If you pack the bus against them, Salah, Mane, Sane, Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, Sterling have the trickery to break down that defense. Mancity have 5 of these wingers, quality ones: Liverpool has two; Chelsea has Pedro, William, Odoi and Pulisic; Man United now has Martial, Rashford and now James; Tottenham has Son and Moura and we have None .

.....The best wingers in the league are in City, Liverpool and Tottenham and we all witnessed what they achieved last season. Two of those wingers won the golden boot with a striker for that matter. It's amazing what we achieved last season without one, but we will get nowhere without one this season too. Can't see how anyone can't see this.
I remembered that year, all ball to Robben and he will single handedly kill you, he did it severally to us..
Ribery was another stress, that's why they didn't sell us Coman, they got Gnabry and wasn't Odoi and Sane..
Even PSG has Draxler wasting, I remembered how Di maria broke Atlecticos defence in that UCL final in 2014..
Auba will score 50 goals if he has just one winger from mancity... I can't put up with another pointless possession pass me I pass you footy again.
How do you guys see that Everton sourez, he looks like countnho on the wings and a bit Sanchez, also ceballos looks tempting on YouTube, hope they aren't scammers

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:30pm On Jul 16, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Auba will score 50 goals if he has just one winger from mancity... I can't put up with another pointless possession pass me I pass you footy again.
How do you guys see that Everton sourez, he looks like countnho on the wings and a bit Sanchez, also ceballos looks tempting on YouTube, hope they aren't scammers

. I tell you bro ....

...... Zaha is taller and stronger than Soarez and so can't be easily bullied off the ball but Everton is faster and a better finisher than Zaha. Soarez was the best player at a just concluded tournament while Zaha didn't really light up Afcon. Zaha is epl proven though but older and we might struggle to get even half of what we signed for him. Soarez is 23, Brazilian and will fetch a sizable sum if he flops and at least 60 - 80m if not more if he turns out to be the player we all see in him. Soarez seems to be the better buy if he doesn't flop though but seriously I doubt it because this guy benched someone like Richardhison, he is that good.

.,... Ceballos was one of the biggest prospect in Spanish football some months back especially in that match when he bossed Barcelona while he was at Betis. He has issues with Zidane and while he is not the Ramsey kind of replacement, he is far more creative and a better connect between the midfield and the attack. Even if we sign him on loan, I still want to see Iwobi as the number 10, he really performed well in that role at Afcon. Both Soarez and Ceballos will be fantastic signings.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 17, 2019
solomonbrown64:

. I tell you bro ....

...... Zaha is taller and stronger than Soarez and so can't be easily bullied off the ball but Everton is faster and a better finisher than Zaha. Soarez was the best player at a just concluded tournament while Zaha didn't really light up Afcon. Zaha is epl proven though but older and we might struggle to get even half of what we signed for him. Soarez is 23, Brazilian and will fetch a sizable sum if he flops and at least 60 - 80m if not more if he turns out to be the player we all see in him. Soarez seems to be the better buy if he doesn't flop though but seriously I doubt it because this guy benched someone like Richardhison, he is that good.

.,... Ceballos was one of the biggest prospect in Spanish football some months back especially in that match when he bossed Barcelona while he was at Betis. He has issues with Zidane and while he is not the Ramsey kind of replacement, he is far more creative and a better connect between the midfield and the attack. Even if we sign him on loan, I still want to see Iwobi as the number 10, he really performed well in that role at Afcon. Both Soarez and Ceballos will be fantastic signings.
The classic number 10 position is dead in modern football...

Ceballos and Iwobi will compete for a spot in the dynamic midfield three... The remaining two should go to Xhaka, Torreira, Guendouzi and Maitland Niles...

Come next summer, we try to shift Xhaka and bring in someone like Partey...

The Dream cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:12am On Jul 17, 2019
Orishirishi analysis going on in here grin

So wingers are the reason Man city is beating everybody blue black. Not their defenders who have been at their best bá? Kyle walker, zinchenko, kompany, stones are not the reason people don't score, but it's sane and bernando Silva bá?.....lol

Loserpool got van Djik for club record fee so he can sleep and allow mane and Sallah prevent opponents from scoring too. Nobody talks about how good Robertson and Trent-Arnold were at their job, but na the wingers make the team dreadful... undecided

Abeg everybody get him own contribution for the team.

If Emery like make he buy Zaha, Chukwueze, Shaqiri, Fraser, Jota and any other winger out there, if we don't sort our defence issues we will always get whipped, except the plan is to out score your opponent.

Get quality players in the right positions and see the team play well.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:55am On Jul 17, 2019
Dreamswayne:

The classic number 10 position is dead in modern football...

Ceballos and Iwobi will compete for a spot in the dynamic midfield three... The remaining two should go to Xhaka, Torreira, Guendouzi and Maitland Niles...

Come next summer, we try to shift Xhaka and bring in someone like Partey...

The Dream cheesy cheesy

........ Partey will go for not less than 60 - 70m if Athletico Madrid decides to sell. I don't think Arsenal will spend that much on a midfielder even if we shift Xhaka.

..... The use of the number ten will depend on the formation Emery wants to use, 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:02am On Jul 17, 2019
Emery: “We are waiting on two, three or four players to come in and help us. “We have big targets. Our first target is a very expensive player, after that the rest will follow.’

..... Alright, let's go.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:04am On Jul 17, 2019
.... "I don't want to speak about the names. But Ceballos is a very good player."

....Dani is confirmed then...

.... Let's go.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:37am On Jul 17, 2019
Sod09 how far my gee grin. Ur guy just dey spend him heavy pay well ó.

After wedding na to turn blondie

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:51am On Jul 17, 2019
thorrvik55:

Somebody who hasn't tasted honey wonders why sugar isn't good enough.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 17, 2019
BlueRayDick:
Sod09 how far my gee grin. Ur guy just dey spend him heavy pay well ó.

After wedding na to turn blondie
this kind post fit push Solo and Sod into depression ooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) ... (3496) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.