Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1533) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2316105 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) ... (3490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Miremoses1(m): 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... Anything is possible Baba. That kid could be ours next summer.
£99m plus pepe and we still won't sell him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2019
Miremoses1:
£99m plus pepe and we still won't sell him.

..... Say wetin happen when Zidane still prefers Pogba ..... As long as Zidane remains the coach there, getting Ceballos is highly possible.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:

The thing just dey wonder me. I just dey observe all this loserpool debate since yesterday o.

See Tottenham lásán standing up to almighty man city in their dreaded home ground yesterday as if nothing dey happen.

Even the loserpool team hasn't even been at their best in recent times.
Tottenham is not lasan and you know it..
I understand not many Arsenal fans will swallow their pride and admit the top level spurs are in recent times undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:01pm On Aug 18, 2019
sod09:
Tottenham is ordinary, I wonder how pundits in England live with their hypocrisy.
This so called spurs have been spending and yet no trophy to show but they tagged wengay trophy less man until he won 3 fa cups in 4 season with community shields they even branded those trophies spoons.
I wonder what will happen here next week if arsenal eventually defeat Liverpool
Which spending?
They didn't by pin last year and they got to the highest stage in European football last year..

Based on their history and transfer budget, no one expects them to win a trophy or get to UCL, but after this summer and the statement they made last year, you can start judging them by top4 and trophies.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Which spending?
They didn't by pin last year and they got to the highest stage in European football last year..

Based on their history and transfer budget, no one expects them to win a trophy or get to UCL, but after this summer and the statement they made last year, you can start judging them by top4 and trophies.
bros I said since wengay days
Let's compare their total net spend on players
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:06pm On Aug 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

I understand not many Arsenal fans will swallow their pride and admit the top level spurs are in recent times undecided
they are lasan since they all judged arsenal tropyless, they should win trophies too if they want to feel like a big club.
LFC were lasan until last season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:09pm On Aug 18, 2019
sod09:
bros I said since wengay days
Let's compare their total net spend on players
Pa Wenger's regime spent far more than spurs.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:11pm On Aug 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Pa Wenger's regime spent far more than spurs.
okay na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2019
sod09:
they are lasan since they all judged arsenal tropyless, they should win trophies too if they want to feel like a big club.
LFC were lasan until last season

Arsenal's got history, after Liverpool & utd we are the next big thing in England, so they expect us up there...

If we can pull what spurs did to city in UCL knockout and yesterday against them, then we can face any team in Europe with confidence..

A barca fan was telling me the pressure city mounted on spurs yesterday could have resulted to a cricket score, he even doubted barca can survive and praised Tottenham's energy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Oga I no get time for all this talks like "you know it deep down in Ur heart that spurs are at top level in recent times".

I already told u the reason why Tottenham ain't shiiit. You have not done anything to disprove it.

These are facts. Tottenham finished a point ahead of arsenal last season. A season arsenal was ravaged with injury. If that is top.level to you, it's not to me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:22pm On Aug 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Arsenal's got history, after Liverpool & utd we are the next big thing in England, so they expect us up there...

If we can pull what spurs did to city in UCL knockout and yesterday against them, then we can face any team in Europe with confidence..

A barca fan was telling me the pressure city mounted on spurs yesterday could have resulted to a cricket score, he even doubted barca can survive and praised Tottenham's energy.
bros forget all these cricket score sakamaje
We are all fight for 3 points per match day, last season only LFC trashed us and some things didn't go our way like the penalties awarded city beat us at Etihad 3-1 with handball goal
Chelsea lost 6-0 to city, my point is only LFC beat us with cricket score with the aid of some unfortunate events but that doesn't mean the way city played yesterday they will blow us away.
I agree they will beat us but we exaggerate our opponents way too much
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:27pm On Aug 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

U are getting it mixed up. It's one thing about history, it's another thing about recent performance. There are 3 cups all for grabs in England, for the past 2 to 3 seasons arsenal Arsenal hasn't been at the top level, how many times has Tottenham grabbed any of those trophies?

Except u just want to say u enjoy good football and that's what makes a team a top level team. Then I won't have problem with Ur personal standard of judging top teams.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Oga I no get time for all this talks like "you know it deep down in Ur heart that spurs are at top level in recent times".

I already told u the reason why Tottenham ain't shiiit. You have not done anything to disprove it.

These are facts. Tottenham finished a point ahead of arsenal last season. A season arsenal was ravaged with injury. If that is top.level to you, it's not to me.
That 1 point grin wasn't dashed, they worked for it, that 1 point meant we failed last season..

City won league with 1 point, Nobody remembers its A point..na who top matter

They had injuries to, the fixtures was too much for them, they were playing same 11 for UCL knockout stage and top4 battle, yet we couldn't take advantage..

With injuries and suspensions, We would have surrendered top4 and get done by Dortmund in last 16, were we to be in their position.

If qualifying for UCL in England via the log and getting to UCL final( with thier budget, history ,injuries and all) isn't top level performance then I give up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2019
sod09:
bros forget all these cricket score sakamaje
We are all fight for 3 points per match day, last season only LFC trashed us and some things didn't go our way like the penalties awarded city beat us at Etihad 3-1 with handball goal
Chelsea lost 6-0 to city, my point is only LFC beat us with cricket score with the aid of some unfortunate events but that doesn't mean the way city played yesterday they will blow us away.
I agree they will beat us but we exaggerate our opponents way too much
I agree they "may" and not would rape us. I only wanted to buttress my point of spurs being resilient and not cracking under pressure.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

I agree they "may" and not would rape us. I only wanted to buttress my point of spurs being resilient and not cracking under pressure.
they are just rich man wolves
They should win something too after the whole resilient
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

That 1 point grin wasn't dashed, they worked for it, that 1 point meant we failed last season..

City won league with 1 point, Nobody remembers its A point..na who top matter

They had injuries to, the fixtures was too much for them, they were playing same 11 for UCL knockout stage and top4 battle, yet we couldn't take advantage..

With injuries and suspensions, We would have surrendered top4 and get done by Dortmund in last 16, were we to be in their position.

If qualifying for UCL in England via the log and getting to UCL final( with thier budget, history ,injuries and all) isn't top level performance then I give up

What are u even saying?

When has qualifying for champions league become a trophy? Arsenal has been qualifying for aons and nothing to show for it. Spurs qualified last season and got knocked out in the finals. If course you know runners up doesn't count as trophy.

Wetin concern me with budget? When arsenal was qualifying for champions league with low budget shebi na una still dey call for the head of the coach

You talk about taking advantage of their injury, like seriously? A season we lost our best CB in holding, we lost our RB and some other key players in the course of the season, u are talking about we taking advantage of their injury.....How?

If u believe they are top level, good for you. As far as I'm concerned, tge metrics which has been used to measure arsenal's failure/success in the past few years; trophies is the same I've used for spurs and they are mediocre like arsenal at the moment. Let them win carling sef and I will rate them.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:

U are getting it mixed up. It's one thing about history, it's another thing about recent performance. There are 3 cups all for grabs in England, for the past 2 to 3 seasons arsenal Arsenal hasn't been at the top level, how many times has Tottenham grabbed any of those trophies?

Except u just want to say u enjoy good football and that's what makes a team a top level team. Then I won't have problem with Ur personal standard of judging top teams.
What I'm trying to say is that, everyone understands and expect Arsenal,utd,l.pool city and Chelsea to make top4..This is so because historically, we've been the giants in England and till date we invest the most..Tottenham came and began to displace some of us and/or even eliminate us from cup games..for their standard they've done okay, it'll be unfair to tag them failure..
But now, they've started competing with us in player signing, they even flexed muscle with us on Coutinho ceballos,Saliba, £65 on Ndombele lo ceslo et al. Now poch's got no excuse..

With the new stadium and the fortune spent in this last transfer window, anything short of trophy or top4 means poch will be under pressure.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

What I'm trying to say is that, everyone understands and expect Arsenal,utd,l.pool city and Chelsea to make top4..This is so because historically, we've been the giants in England and till date we invest the most..Tottenham came and began to displace some of us and/or even eliminate us from cup games..for their standard they've done okay, it'll be unfair to tag them failure..
But now, they've started competing with us in player signing, they even flexed muscle with us on Coutinho ceballos,Saliba, £65 on Ndombele lo ceslo et al. Now poch's got no excuse..

With the new stadium and the fortune spent in this last transfer window, anything short of trophy or top4 means poch will be under pressure.
bros history didn't expect city to be in top4 they bought their way,they were never part of top4 since you talking about history
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

you trying to discredit past arsenal and praise spurs for what arsenal use to do , big teams struggle to beat us and we lose to smaller teams same thing spurs are facing
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:

What are u even saying?

When has qualifying for champions league become a trophy? Arsenal has been qualifying for aons and nothing to show for it. Spurs qualified last season and got knocked out in the finals. If course you know runners up doesn't count as trophy.

Qualifying for UCL in England in is like a trophy and success in recent times, Mourinho even attested to this, it may sound funny but that's the fact, when asked from fans to choose FA cup or top4 last year, many Arsenal fans voted for top4.
In pa Wenger's time, top4 was easier, we now have top6.
With the level spurs are, reaching UCL final with those memorable nights on their way there,is a success and like a trophy.

Wetin concern me with budget? When arsenal was qualifying for champions league with low budget shebi na una still dey call for the head of the coach

You talk about taking advantage of their injury, like seriously? A season we lost our best CB in holding, we lost our RB and some other key players in the course of the season, u are talking about we taking advantage of their injury.....How
They had injuries also, they resorted to academy boys, fatigue and all, they bottled it severally but couldn't take advantage.

If u believe they are top level, good for you. As far as I'm concerned, tge metrics which has been used to measure arsenal's failure/success in the past few years; trophies is the same I've used for spurs and they are mediocre like arsenal at the moment. Let them win carling sef and I will rate them.

You can only start using trophies this year, they are competiting with heavy spenders in England.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
sod09:
bros history didn't expect city to be in top4 they bought their way,they were never part of top4 since you talking about history
I said history and budget, if they start spending like they've don't this summer over the next few years, they will win everything.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

I said history and budget, if they start spending like they've don't this summer over the next few years, they will win everything.
how sure are you Liverpool have been spending for ages yet they will always be close till they win it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:45pm On Aug 18, 2019
Fkhalifa:

You can only start using trophies this year, they are competiting with heavy spenders in England.

When arsenal was going trophyless as a result of not spending like other top teams were doing did anybody send them message?

It will be hypocrisy if we think just beacuse Tottenham qualified for champions league automatically and made champions league final they've suddenly become bigger and they are not lásán.

I called spurs lásán beacuse they ain't shiiit. They are not Europe's best, they are not Europa league champions, they are not carling cup champions, they are not FA cup champions and they are not EPL champions. They are just a team that vacated the third position to a faltering Chelsea team on a decline.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:

When arsenal was going trophyless as a result of not spending like other top teams were doing did anybody send them message?

It will be hypocrisy if we think just beacuse Tottenham qualified for champions league automatically and made champions league final they've suddenly become bigger and they are not lásán.

I called spurs lásán beacuse they ain't shiiit. They are not Europe's best, they are not Europa league champions, they are not carling cup champions, they are FA cup champions and they are not EPL champions. They are just a team that vacated the third position to a faltering Chelsea team on a decline.
If that's what you feel and its not based on emotions, then its fine.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:45am On Aug 19, 2019
...... I don watch that Pepe Nutmeg tire, chai.... the guy wicked oh grin grin ..... pesin papa. I guess the notion that he can't dribble in tight places have been disproved. I was wrong about that. He attempted six take ones in 45 minutes and completed 4, we now have Iwobi's replacement and we know Ceballos attempted the same numbers with Pepe and completed same, although it was for around 70+ minutes instead of 45. Such skills are going to be massive for us against teams that frustrated us last season.

.... I also watched Ceballos's highlights and I saw purpose and meaning in everything he did. If he continues like this, it won't be only us who will bid for him, Guardiola might even chook head although I think we have first refusal on him, not sure though.

... The competition is huge in the squad, at the moment only the defense, Leno and Auba is assured of a place in the first eleven and as the season goes on, those assured places might just be only Leno and Auba and Pepe. By the time the whole squad gets back, Willock and Nelson won't even see the bench, it is perhaps why the former is killing himself on the field because he knows this, I don't think Nelson knows this. It's a massive squad now. Great times ahead.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2019
Fkhalifa:

What has Spurs achieved in recent times?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Bros angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2019
solomonbrown64:
...... I don watch that Pepe Nutmeg tire, chai.... the guy wicked oh grin grin ..... pesin papa. I guess the notion that he can't dribble in tight places have been disproved. I was wrong about that. He attempted six take ones in 45 minutes and completed 4, we now have Iwobi's replacement and we know Ceballos attempted the same numbers with Pepe and completed same, although it was for around 70+ minutes instead of 45. Such skills are going to be massive for us against teams that frustrated us last season.

.... I also watched Ceballos's highlights and I saw purpose and meaning in everything he did. If he continues like this, it won't be only us who will bid for him, Guardiola might even chook head although I think we have first refusal on him, not sure though.

... The competition is huge in the squad, at the moment only the defense, Leno and Auba is assured of a place in the first eleven and as the season goes on, those assured places might just be only Leno and Auba and Pepe. By the time the whole squad gets back, Willock and Nelson won't even see the bench, it is perhaps why the former is killing himself on the field because he knows this, I don't think Nelson knows this. It's a massive squad now. Great times ahead.
With skillful players like Pepe, it doesn't matter who the defender is, he can get beaten. That is why I am a bit confident going against Liverpool.

If the push high we have the resources to catch them on the counter. With speedsters like Pepe and Auba, and Ceballos to beat the press, Liverpool won't find it funny at all.

Pepe one on one with Alex Arnold or Gomez or Robertson, he will pass at least once in two occasions.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ORIJIN201(m): 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2019
Spy360:

With skillful players like Pepe, it doesn't matter who the defender is, he can get beaten. That is why I am a bit confident going against Liverpool.

If the push high we have the resources to catch them on the counter. With speedsters like Pepe and Auba, and Ceballos to beat the press, Liverpool won't find it funny at all.

Pepe one on one with Alex Arnold or Gomez or Robertson, he will pass at least once in two occasions.
I said this, but I guess no one cares. It will be suicidal to go play attacking football at Anfield. Give them the ball and midfield and counter. Liverpool are beatable right now. Tottenham won city on counter in the champions league and got a draw in their home turf recently.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2019
Spy360:

.... I don't think People realize the loss of Bellerin and Holding was massive to our horrible defeat at Anfield recently. Their loss was primarily the reason why the defense couldn't handle the pressure and press of Liverpool. Mustafi and Torreira contributed to 2-3 of their goals. Having Luis and Ceballos to beat the press will help a great deal. While we now have a scary attack, Niles is still a big problem.

.... Moreover, we can't go through with one plan and tactics in mind. We might either start with a flat four and try to seize control of the Midfield with excellent off the ball movement which we haven't perfected yet because Emery doesn't use the lines in Midfield, he prefers using the wings. So we will most likely use a 3 at the back at a point in the game. The exact one Emery starts with is what I can't tell. But absolutely, we can't go in with one strategy against them, just absorbing pressure and countering. That will be a grave mistake. If Emery tinkered with formation against a Burnley side, then I expect more tinkering against a team that come out in full throttle and play their best against the top six at home.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 5:24pm On Aug 19, 2019
... Arsenal's record againstLiverpool since the reign of Klopp: 0W-3D-4L and 23 goals conceded.

.... We have also scored only 12 goals against them during his reign, two of which came in last season.

... Last time we defeated them was in April 2015, Last time we won at Anfield was in 2012.

... Last 4 times we faced them at Anfield : Conceded 15, Scored 5

.. Scorelines:
5-1
4-0
3-1
3-3 ...

... These are the facts and the reason why some of the fans including myself don't see us coming back with anything there especially if we fail to be disciplined in whatever approach the coach decides to use.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2019
Spy360:

What has Spurs achieved in recent times?
Everything except trophies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) ... (3490) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.