Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,651 members, 7,865,612 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:44 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2364451 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) ... (3552) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 01, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... Baba, wetin you want make I do, na the coach decision be that. If you have a defense of Luiz and Papa and that our disjointed midfield that is only beginning to take shape now, you sef go respect yourself. Bare in mind that Auba is our only decent forward except for Laca and Saka that is really coming up. Pepe na error currently so the man gets be cautious especially with slow fullbacks.

... No worries, I go queue for the #Emeryout form if he still continues with this cautious approach when the defense is fine but for now, he is getting the points and keeping us in the top four battle. Except for style of play, I see no cause for alarm.

..... Besides Chelsea went full throttle and chop four goals. United have deadly finishers even if they are average at the moment.
I'm not just about this game.

This is match week 7 . Can U name a match we actually impressed or dominated from start to finish? Even Norwich and Sheffield have played some impressive games this season. Unless U want to tell me we have the worst players in the league, a statement even a blind man will not believe.

City got trashed by a mid-table club some weeks ago, I'm sure when we meet City we'll play drab as usual then you'll come up with this same excuses. Last season it was Ozil and Mustafi, no Ozil and Mustafi to blame now. You've moved to Xhaka and Luiz.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:56am On Oct 01, 2019
I just saw the replay of the goal again and I saw the only good deed from Pepe in the game ; He mounted pressure on Tuanzebe forcing him to play a careless misplaced pass which Saka passed on to Auba for the goal.

Pepe really needs to work on his shot power and passing accuracy. Those pass to the keeper he calls shot will not do o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2019
Scummies ruminate over their worst start in 30 years.

But wait o, that lines man must be a scummie. Harry McGuire was right in front of him keeping Auba onside, but the slowpoke still raised his flag... sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:06am On Oct 01, 2019
BlueRayDick:
Guendouzi Appreciation post.

Once again, Guendouzi was our best player on the night. Even the blind, deaf and dumb knows this.

But our iberibe pundits will not accept.
sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 10:22am On Oct 01, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

This is match week 7 . Can U name a match we actually impressed or dominated from start to finish? Even Norwich and Sheffield have played some impressive games this season. Unless U want to tell me we have the worst players in the league, a statement even a blind man will not believe.

City got trashed by a mid-table club some weeks ago, I'm sure when we meet City we'll play drab as usual then you'll come up with this same excuses. Last season it was Ozil and Mustafi, no Ozil and Mustafi to blame now. You've moved to Xhaka and Luiz.

Relegation team...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 01, 2019
iPopAlomo:

Relegation team...
lol it's even worse than I thought
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 01, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... Are you kidding me? Today's match was a tactical battle Oga. If we had gone full throttle, we would have paid dearly for it. Rashord's inability to find space for himself today was a blessing for us. Abi Una no see wetin dem do Chelsea? I didn't like the game but both coaches got it tactically. Like or not.
You choose to see what they did to Chelsea. While I see how Palace trashed them at same Old Trafford.

We see what we choose to see depending on our expectations

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:02am On Oct 01, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

You choose to see what they did to Chelsea. While I see how Palace trashed them at same Old Trafford.

You keep trying hard to make some people reason with you..me na to stroll pass the crap

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 01, 2019
iamoyindamola:
You keep trying hard to make some people reason with you..me na to stroll pass the crap
I'm just bothered cos our hunger and expectations keep dropping every day as can be seen from some fans.

I won't be surprise to see some celebrate a draw or when we lose but didn't ship in cricket score against city. Citing how City won by 8 goals recently and acting like same city getting trashed by a newly promoted Norwich never happened.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:28am On Oct 01, 2019
Spy360:
Scummies ruminate over their worst start in 30 years.

But wait o, that lines man must be a scummie. Harry McGuire was right in front of him keeping Auba onside, but the slowpoke still raised his flag... sad

The linesman na foool. Na so dem dey always spoil match. Wetin funny me pass na Lindelof wey dey kiss him hand dey point to sky thanking God after the linesman adjudged the ball offside grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:33am On Oct 01, 2019
Spy360:

Once again, Guendouzi was our best player on the night. Even the blind, deaf and dumb knows this.

But our iberibe pundits will not accept.
sad

Guendouzi has been having good games since those clowns at our backline and our clownish skipper have chosen to be dropping disaster class performances week-in week-out.

At a point he headed out a fine-ass pass that was going the way of Rashford in the box when none of our CB's were nowhere tí be found. He had to shout for their head after that interception and I was shouting my lungs out that he should curse those senior clowns join sef. The boy played really well I must confess
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:58am On Oct 01, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
I'm just bothered cos our hunger and expectations keep dropping every day as can be seen from some fans.

I won't be surprise to see some celebrate a draw or when we lose but didn't ship in cricket score against city. Citing how City won by 8 goals recently and acting like same city getting trashed by a newly promoted Norwich never happened.
You heard them already yesterday draw felt like victory grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

Kudos Bro.....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2019
BlueRayDick:

The linesman na foool. Na so dem dey always spoil match. Wetin funny me pass na Lindelof wey dey kiss him hand dey point to sky thanking God after the linesman adjudged the ball offside grin
I don't understand how that linesman was able to put that off.
Some yoonited players protested the linesman deceived them for my mind I was saying do you think deji will win auba one on one grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by absky5(m): 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
I heard that Tierney is injured again
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2019
This boy nearly forced young to retire yesterday. Baba just tí ẹsẹ ilé bo grin

But this kind thing dey pain. Make player wey dey y wear weird numbers like 77 dey worry elders cheesy

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
BlueRayDick:

But this kind thing dey pain. Make player wey dey y wear weird numbers like 77 dey worry elders cheesy
someone said young old man grin
He started fighting gidigbo with his son's age
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2019
BlueRayDick:

The 'boy' was so comfortable on the ball, dribbling past 'men' like they were manikins and cones. His assist for Auba's goal was with a touch of class. He will give Nelson a run for the money. I am pretty sure he has staked a claim for that LW till Lacazette returns. Nelson, as an advice should aim as displacing Pepe. Dude is yet to find his feet.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 1:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
Spy360:

The 'boy' was so comfortable on the ball, dribbling past 'men' like they were manikins and cones. His assist for Auba's goal was with a touch of class. He will give Nelson a run for the money. I am pretty sure he has staked a claim for that LW till Lacazette returns. Nelson, as an advice should aim as displacing Pepe. Dude is yet to find his feet.
Nelson that dont know the difference between passing and shooting undecided

.....I will pick martinelli over Nelson in that RW

....beside saka is an inverted winger, which means that his favourite position is the RW, but because of Pepe he was forced to play the LW position
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 2:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

..... How is palace winning a thrashing?

.... Dude, we haven't won there for ages now even with better players. Abeg leave talk. Old Trafford is a strong place. My expectations this season is a cup win and champion league qualification and as long as we are still on that path, I am fine with the team results.

.... Your expectations might be different but that's we are different too.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

.... I am not complaining Baba, you have been the one doing that a lot here whether we win or lose. This coach doesn't have his first fullbacks since this season started and that has made him quite cautious because of the players that replaced those players. Imagine Liverpool without Arnold and Robertson and see if they will be the same team. A glimpse of that was seen last season when Gomez played in Arnold's place and they were thrashed by a rampant Barca team despite Van playing. Yet Emery has done so and yet has gotten respectable results except for the Liverpool loss and called various names here.

.... We all want complete domination and all of that but it cannot happen in every match, premier league teams are not here to play but you have your mind set already so this discussion is pointless. Everyone to their various expectations, last, last we just want the good of the team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
absky5:
I heard that Tierney is injured again

I don't think Tierney is injured. These are some of the antics clubs have to play to protect their players. Arsenal declaring a setback is only a way to keep him away from a Scotland selection during the international break especially when you consider he has not gained full match fitness.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
Emery is a really useless coach... Telling Players to vote for Captain...

can you imagine...

Players vote for your captain...

This guy is just a puppet...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
kodded:
Nelson that dont know the difference between passing and shooting undecided

.....I will pick martinelli over Nelson in that RW

....beside saka is an inverted winger, which means that his favourite position is the RW, but because of Pepe he was forced to play the LW position
Saka, with his small frame will fit into that RW with ease. But he is balling hard on the left. Brilliant kid.

We shouldn't give up on Nelson yet, he is still a kid and will mature. May be Saka's rise is what he needs to find his form that brought him to the first team in the first place.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:09pm On Oct 01, 2019
iPopAlomo:
Emery is a really useless coach... Telling Players to vote for Captain...

can you imagine...

Players vote for your captain...

This guy is just a puppet...
Lol
You hate Emery the way Sodiq hated 'Wengay'
grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2019
Spy360:

Lol
You hate Emery the way Sodiq hated 'Wengay'
grin

My hatred for him started while he was at PSG...

and I can never forgive him for the Barcelona comeback.

Using 3 DMs and benching Angel Di maria... Oloriburuku ni bobo yen mehn...

The idiot planned to park the bus at Nou camp... meanwhile he cant even park a bicycle...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:29pm On Oct 01, 2019
We all must not forget that Saka just turned 18 last month so we have to be very careful with how much expectation and pressure we place on him. We have to keep him hungry and not complacent. We also have to protect him from injuries/ early burnout by managing his appearances because injuries stunt or completely stop the growth of promising talents like Saka. The good thing is it looks like he has great conditioning and is durable but considering his direct style of play, I would not be shocked if opponents start rough tackling and game-planning for him.

We have to understand that opposing teams had little or nothing to game plan for Saka before the season started but as he gets game time, opposing teams would have resources to game plan against him and that includes dangerous plans as we saw against the shameless agberos from Stoke City United yesterday. I want my boy to have a long career with us because he is such a special player whom I had been raving about the kid from the day I saw him play for U18 & U23.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2019
Roland17:
We all must not forget that Saka just turned 18 last month so we have to be very careful with how much expectation and pressure we place on him. We have to keep him hungry and not complacent. We also have to protect him from injuries/ early burnout by managing his appearances because injuries stunt or completely stop the growth of promising talents like Saka. The good thing is it looks like he has great conditioning and is durable but considering his direct style of play, I would not be shocked if opponents start rough tackling and game-planning for him.

We have to understand that opposing teams had little or nothing to game plan for Saka before the season started but as he gets game time, opposing teams would have resources to game plan against him and that includes dangerous plans as we saw against the shameless Stoke City United yesterday. I want my boy to have a long career with us because he is such a special player whom I had been raving about the kid from the day I saw him play for U18 & U23.
True talk. I think that's what stalled Walcott's growth, Chamberlain's growth here also and to an extent, maybe diaby. Placing pressure on youngsters and not allowing them to mature is exposing them to risk of burnouts and injuries from opposition clubs. But wetin we go do, when people like Pepe who suppose to make their transition into the first team gradually successful is there flopping and also Nelson don't want to take his chance. If those duo continue like that and saka keeps on improving (especially gaining strength on the ball), then I think we won't have any option that to be using him o. Another person I'm keeping my eyes on is martinelli
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 01, 2019
Jodera:
True talk. I think that's what stalled Walcott's growth, Chamberlain's growth here also and to an extent, maybe diaby. Placing pressure on youngsters and not allowing them to mature is exposing them to risk of burnouts and injuries from opposition clubs. But wetin we go do, when people like Pepe who suppose to make their transition into the first team gradually successful is there flopping and also Nelson don't want to take his chance. If those duo continue like that and saka keeps on improving (especially gaining strength on the ball), then I think we won't have any option that to be using him o. Another person I'm keeping my eyes on is martinelli
Which one amongst Emery’s signings is doing exceptionally well.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
Jodera:

Pepe has underperformed thus far but I am not going to up on him because I believe he is talented enough to succeed in the EPL. I think he is going through the phase of understanding the speed, intensity and spacing in the EPL. He came with a price tag and that is definitely going to play into the justified expectation for him to prove his worth early and for a player who has never commanded that amount of attention, it can become difficult to shake off and just be yourself instead of trying to impress the gallery to prove you are worth the price. Sadly, I don't trust Emery enough to be the one to help Pepe navigate this phase. He would have to rely on himself or someone close within or outside the team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by absky5(m): 7:50pm On Oct 01, 2019
Roland17:

I don't think Tierney is injured. These are some of the antics clubs have to play to protect their players. Arsenal declaring a setback is only a way to keep him away from a Scotland selection during the international break especially when you consider he has not gained full match fitness.
oh, I see.... Thanks for the insight
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:14pm On Oct 01, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

Which one amongst Emery’s signings is doing exceptionally well.
of all his signings, I'll give it to guendouzi. Even though he has his flaws but his never say die attitude and confidence and passion really edges his flaws here. Coupled with the fact that he's improved. Torreira ought to be, but since he's playing him out of position and have not really been impressive, then, presently, guendouzi wins it for me

(1) (2) (3) ... (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) ... (3552) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.