Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2308931 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:11pm On Dec 17, 2012
Onto football matters. Ok game.

For me theo failed his top striker audition. Which is what I think.this game was.

This is arguably d worst defence in d league n u could clearly see him making the wrong runs, disappearing behind defenders twice his size and not really having a telling contribution to gameplay. Thats what I fell tho, u may view it differently but im with arsene on this one. Not sure we need a defoe lite striker. Luxury.

Else we end up like Torres Fc having to defend deep.and try over the top.balls to isolate theo n d last defender.

Meanwhile I still don't get how n why a team with three experienced defenders concede a goal and suddenly start looking shaky n dodgy.!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 11:15pm On Dec 17, 2012
4llerbuntu: Ur entitled yo ur opinion, just as everybody here.
And u do have dis absurd sense of entitlement n superiority that is as amusing as it is irritating.

Fyi I started following arsenal seriously around the 1996 world cup thereabouts wen my interest in football crystallized. Before that rothmans football on nta was showing prem n bundesliga. N I was not that young then. So if that qualifies me as a "new generation" fan, I guess I overrated ur intelligence.

Just because u prefer to kiss arsene's ar-se n blow the brighter tomorrow bugle does not mean we all have to toe that line. Even wenger himself would not expect that.

Ironically since the 2006 champions league final there has been one constant on this thread, u have always been wrong about all ur views, projections, n predictions. Since u started carping ur tripe this club has gotten worse, the football has regressed. But u think u have a right to yarn?

Wait till ur nirvana where FFP, youth policy, frugality etc wins a damn spoon before u mouth off hereabout. Muppet

Yup, my Nirvana awaits and I'm patiently awaiting it.
If it doesnt come after 2014, I wld be one of those chucking chairs at the Arsenal AGM. to do something about it but I'll wager with you that you wld likely have flung yurself off a highrise before then. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ibime(m): 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2012
debosky:

Nah, it's the fanshare nonsense that got to Dudu - his 0.00000001 shareholding in Arsenal has blinded him somewhat. grin

The £1.00 dividend Gazidis returns to him every year na im dey shack am. Infact he prefers not to sign players in January as long as his dividend increases to £1.25 grin

debosky: Saint Santi Cazorla scores his first Arsenal hattrick. cool cool

Ibime are you still counting?

How we see am? Make we dey count dey go. It ain't over till it's over!!! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:18pm On Dec 17, 2012
4llerbuntu: Onto football matters. Ok game.

For me theo failed his top striker audition. Which is what I think.this game was.

This is arguably d worst defence in d league n u could clearly see him making the wrong runs, disappearing behind defenders twice his size and not really having a telling contribution to gameplay. Thats what I fell tho, u may view it differently but im with arsene on this one. Not sure we need a defoe lite striker. Luxury.

I wouldn't be that harsh, but I do agree - he didn't do as well as he should've done. Good chances to score a hat trick but he was wasteful. Not convincing in that CF position for me.

Meanwhile I still don't get how n why a team with three experienced defenders concede a goal and suddenly start looking shaky n dodgy.!!

It's the bad performances at the back of their minds - the doubt comes flooding back once you start making errors. They've gotten too used to making mistakes and have to re-develop the attitude of not making mistakes.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
Spot on about the defence.

I do miss the old arrogance and swagger of good arsenal sides. That self belief and ability to just play. Back wen dissing arsenal didnt go scot free, paddy v keano tinzz. No be dis days wen evra go dey misyarn, drogba go dey do laulau.

But on theo, he is still waaaay better than gervinho upfront tho.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kaypumpin2(m): 12:00am On Dec 18, 2012
4llerbuntu:

Fyi I started following arsenal seriously around the 1996 world cup thereabouts wen my interest in football crystallized.
Only that there was no WC in 1996. grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 12:05am On Dec 18, 2012
debosky:

Nah, it's the fanshare nonsense that got to Dudu - his 0.00000001 shareholding in Arsenal has blinded him somewhat. grin

Debo mind yurself o. If I needed anything to give me 20/20 vision, it was the fanshare scheme. Arsenal will get out of these "dark times" its all about "when" and not "if". Mind yu, the AST guys like Tim Payton who started the fanshare scheme aint friends at present with the board after the black scarf movement shenanigans and the board at present is not willing to create more shares for the fanshare scheme as they believe a lot of the AST now see Usmanov as a viable alternative. The AISA seem to be the ones who have the boards ears at present.
The board and a lot of those in the know who arent just swallowing the media's tripe know the difficult task Arsene has hence why they come out en masse to back him whenever they feel the heat could get to him and make him walk.
I can give anyone on this board a guarantee that Arsene will be given an extension to his current deal early next season if we make top 4 again.
Until our financial straitjacket is loosened with the new deals, even if 4ller and his ilk strip themselves naked and go on hunger strike camping outside the emirates, the board will stick to Arsene and so will a lot of people who love this club.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 12:10am On Dec 18, 2012
kay_pumpin:
Only that there was no WC in 1996. grin tongue

I think he meant Atlanta 96. Seems I annoyed him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 12:15am On Dec 18, 2012
Ibime:

The £1.00 dividend Gazidis returns to him every year na im dey shack am. Infact he prefers not to sign players in January as long as his dividend increases to £1.25 grin

Yees ke, I dey save am to buy y'all Pammy when yu come naija for festive period.
Plus I can complain where it matters if we ever get saddled with an unpopular manager unlike una where the decision on yur next manager is made in Roman's bedroom and yu cant even complain. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 12:38am On Dec 18, 2012
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 4:28am On Dec 18, 2012
Santi and his Puffa jacket. They didnt make his size and it looked like agbada on him. I couldnt see his feet. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:07am On Dec 18, 2012
Walcott has to develop a good one touch/ ball control if he hopes to make a good CF, Does Wenger have to be in such pressure before we get this sort of performance?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:16am On Dec 18, 2012
4llerbuntu:
But on theo, he is still waaaay better than gervinho upfront tho.

Gervinho needs to attend finishing school - he gets into arguably better positions than TW14, but he just can't finish.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:11am On Dec 18, 2012
oh lawd, of all things to pick from arsene, santi goes and picks this ridiculous jacket!!! mcheew!

only wenger feels cool in that thing. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:13am On Dec 18, 2012
Ibime:

i think u said 10 goals abi? alright. 7 and counting. i will most def hold u to this one!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:25am On Dec 18, 2012
Ibime:

You mean YOU knew him from watching 2 matches. Let those of us who've been watching la liga tell you all about. I doubt Cazorla will be directly involved in up to 18 goals this season [assists + goals]

7 goals + 4 assists and counting. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KazeKage1: 11:06am On Dec 18, 2012
Couldn't have asked for a more spirited performance from the boys but this love we have for pressing the self-destruct button when we're in perfect control is very disturbing. At 4 - 0 all they had to do was pass the ball around but no, they wanted some drama..thank goodness Jason Roberts didn't play. Jack is a few matches away from 100%. It seems we play better/create more chances with Cazorla/Wilshere running things in the middle of the pack.

Upfront we did pretty well..could've score up to 7 if not for Federici's gloves.
Q: Did Walcott pass his CF position test?

Did anyone else notice the brief argument between Verm and Sagna?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:23am On Dec 18, 2012
KazeKage1:
Did anyone else notice the brief argument between Verm and Sagna?

It wasn't an argument - one Reading player had fouled/done something to Sagna and the African in him wanted to brush the guy and Vermaelen was simply asked him to cool down and not ruin the win by getting booked/sent off.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ibime(m): 11:44am On Dec 18, 2012
debosky:
7 goals + 4 assists and counting. . . .

Hey man, I revised that to 20 to make allowance for corners and freekicks. . . 9 goals left. . . half the season gone. . . he is on target to prove me wrong. . .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 11:59am On Dec 18, 2012
Ibime:

Hey man, I revised that to 20 to make allowance for corners and freekicks. . . 9 goals left. . . half the season gone. . . he is on target to prove me wrong. . .

We are watching.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2012
Yes o we are watching.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KazeKage1: 2:50pm On Dec 18, 2012
Roland17: Walcott has to develop a good one touch/ ball control if he hopes to make a good CF, Does Wenger have to be in such pressure before we get this sort of performance?
I think he has passed that test..he just needs to work on his finishing. He had the so many options - chip, bend-it into the far corner but we all know what happened.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 4:33pm On Dec 18, 2012
For Walcott, I don't think the problem is finishing. Like I have mentioned on this forum, Ive seen Walcott score goals Gervinho can only dream of cheesy
Yesterday was the first time in the position he has been craving for so I'll put it down to nerves.
Like debosky has rightly said, he just needs to work on his movement around the box. He'll get better with time (i.e. if Arsene continues to play him in his preferred position).

Let's not get carried away though...it was Reading we beat yesterday. Given that we've beaten Spurs and Liverpool this season already, yesterday's win means nothing (asides the 3 extra points) until we win the next 4 games - Wigan, Westham, Newcastle and Southampton

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2012
Ibime:

Halfway into the season, ojoro don start already? wait until april. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:47pm On Dec 18, 2012
KazeKage1:
I think he has passed that test..he just needs to work on his finishing. He had the so many options - chip, bend-it into the far corner but we all know what happened.

Am not going to make conclusions about his ball control especially with developing a good one touch yet cos of yesterda's victory, i hope Wenger gives him more oppourtunities to play as a CF, i think we need a striker whose speed is commensurate to the Midfield of JW, Carzola and Arteta, that way both positions are on the same page while attacking and i think THW fits the bill.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2012
[size=18pt]Please vote the Ashipa of Lagos AKA 4llerbuntu for Phone Section Poster Of The Year https://www.nairaland.com/1119868/2012-phone-section-poster-year/ [/size]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2012
Santi stooping to conquer. cool cool

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2012
The Future looks bright... They all signed.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 4:28pm On Dec 19, 2012
Roland17: The Future looks bright... They all signed.

Where the fu.rk is Walcott ? angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
ashipa
stop spamming angry grin

na ramsey own tire me undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:28pm On Dec 19, 2012
ok, muki. tired of campaigning sef grin grin grin grin

Lol @ ramsey.

i already told y'all. somebody related to ramsey is Wenger's mistress

meanwhile, with Jeremy Meade also likely to get a first contract if he continues to impress, the FA owes wenger the obligation to send a few trophies his way.
at least he is now producing english players in his team cool cool cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KazeKage1: 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2012
Glad to see the guys committing to Arsenal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.