Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2308659 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kcjazz(m): 2:47pm On Dec 20, 2012
The new English core strategy is purely economic and it shows the club is learning its lessons and the purse will not be as tight as it used to be. Having a core gives the club more stability and even if a player chooses to go elsewhere he will command huge sums as long as the premier league maintains its money making status. The truth is even if Manchester City will pay more the English player's likelihood of moving is less compared to a foreigner. Local folks don't like moving but foreigners have nothing to lose.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 3:31pm On Dec 20, 2012
A-40:

Because una beat Reading u don dey mouth off! Congrats you get the distinction of another 2nd round exit

Make I hear word! I've been saying this before the Reading game - since right after we qualified. Munschit will be defeated by the cannons of North London. cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2012
kcjazz: The new English core strategy is purely economic and it shows the club is learning its lessons and the purse will not be as tight as it used to be. Having a core gives the club more stability and even if a player chooses to go elsewhere he will command huge sums as long as the premier league maintains its money making status. The truth is even if Manchester City will pay more the English player's likelihood of moving is less compared to a foreigner. Local folks don't like moving but foreigners have nothing to lose.

Good policy shift, as long as we can attract real talent in the mold to Wilshere and not the Francis Jeffers kind
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 4:32pm On Dec 20, 2012
debosky:

Make I hear word! I've been saying this before the Reading game - since right after we qualified. Munschit will be defeated by the cannons of North London. cool cool
I dunno where this false sense of confidence is coming from aside the fact that no player in your starting XI would start at Bayern. All I know is we would leave yall with sorrow,tears and blood! Our regular trademark whenever we face A$$@nal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Dec 20, 2012
Why I no go dance?

UEFA give us Asssanal.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2012
edoyad:

Good policy shift, as long as we can attract real talent in the mold to Wilshere and not the Francis Jeffers kind
That was always the strategy, its the whole objective of the academy from the beginning to produce enof quality from within only that young english talent isnt cheap good thing the academy produced Gibbs and Jack, we got Ramsey very young and Jenkinson is an Arsenal nut. The only one with a major outlay was Chambo.
The likes of Freeman and Bartley also passed thru but only the very best is good enof for this club.
The mercenary generation of young players brought us money and no silverware (not totally their fault to be honest). It is my hope that this new generation delivers both.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2012
dayokanu: Why I no go dance?

UEFA give us Asssanal.

We shall meet on the green grass. Yu might have started like a house on fire this season but this is not the first time Dortmund have reeled you in like a fish.
B'o le bi o le, Ipade di February.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:42pm On Dec 20, 2012
A-40:

I dunno where this false sense of confidence is coming from aside the fact that no player in your starting XI would start at Bayern. All I know is we would leave yall with sorrow,tears and blood! Our regular trademark whenever we face A$$@nal

So flipping what? How many Bradford players would start at Arsenal and how many Norwich players would start at Utd?

Go write it on stone tablets - Arsenal will knock Bayern out. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2012
debosky:

So flipping what? How many Bradford players would start at Arsenal and how many Norwich players would start at Utd?

Go write it on stone tablets - Arsenal will knock Bayern out . cool

Opa Gangnam Style cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 9:52pm On Dec 20, 2012
debosky:

Go write it on stone tablets - Arsenal will knock Bayern out. cool
Hehehehe ninjas talking reckless in December like they've been doing for the past 1,2,3 . . 7 seasons we would see you on payday. Arsenal are small fry to killer whales like Bayern Munich. Enidurowotan
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mbaemeka(m): 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2012
The second Leg is away . . .wisdom would be scared!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:02am On Dec 21, 2012
The current crop of English players who have emerged from the ranks of Championship teams and other Academies like Chambo, Wilshere, Jenkinson, Kieran Gibbs, Zaha, Joe Hart, Kyle Walker, Raheem Sterling, Cleverly are arguably the best in a very long time when it comes to pure talent in English soccer, few of them can be said to be a hype.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 12:16am On Dec 21, 2012
Roland17: The current crop of English players who have emerged from the ranks of Championship teams and other Academies like Chambo, Wilshere, Jenkinson, Kieran Gibbs, Zaha, Joe Hart, Kyle Walker, Raheem Sterling, Cleverly are arguably the best in a very long time when it comes to pure talent in English soccer, few of them can be said to be a hype.
Truth is we've heard this all before. English press would hype these ninjas to death! How many of them are as good as guys like Ozil,Gotze,Reus,Schurrle,Holtby,Hummels,Eriksen,Giovinco,El Sharawy
Anyways standards dey sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 12:23am On Dec 21, 2012
A-40:

Truth is we've heard this all before. English press would hype these ninjas to death! How many of them are as good as guys like Ozil,Gotze,Reus,Schurrle,Holtby,Hummels,Eriksen,Giovinco,El Sharawy
Anyways standards dey sha

Shoe get size
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 1:10am On Dec 21, 2012
Roland17: The current crop of English players who have emerged from the ranks of Championship teams and other Academies like Chambo, Wilshere, Jenkinson, Kieran Gibbs, Zaha, Joe Hart, Kyle Walker, Raheem Sterling, Cleverly are arguably the best in a very long time when it comes to pure talent in English soccer, few of them can be said to be a hype.

How many of them will make it into other top teams in Europe? #justwondering
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 1:16am On Dec 21, 2012
proudly9ja:

Good question, How many would make it into Barca, Bayern or Madrid? None. Maybe Hart in Barca
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 1:25am On Dec 21, 2012
dayokanu:

Good question, How many would make it into Barca, Bayern or Madrid? None. Maybe Hart in Barca
I said top team.... grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:37am On Dec 21, 2012
dayokanu:

Listen Dayo and co am not refuting the fact that young talents from the Bundesliga, La Liga and Dutch Eredivisie to a very large extent flourish and have better prospects when compared to their English counterparts, but looking over the years, you would realize that a huge chunk of the players i listed are better than the Henderson's, Carroll', Downing's, Francis Jeffers, David Bently etal when it comes to talent.

Are you insinuating Joe Hart is not better than Victor Valdes? and would not make the first team in Barcelona save for the politics of Catalunya.

In years to come many would fall by the river side, but without bias you should give it up to youngsters like Joe hart, Wilshere, Chambo, Gibbs(if he stays healthy)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Wordsmith(m): 8:26am On Dec 21, 2012
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 9:11am On Dec 21, 2012
proudly9ja:

Na only Midfielder dey play ball?
What about right back position, Jenkinson, how many right backs under twenty one in Europe are in his level? What about Gibbs, Abi Elsharawy and Ballotelli go play right and left back?
We produced Ashley Cole and he has remained the top left back on this planet for close to a decade
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 10:46am On Dec 21, 2012
edoyad:

Na only Midfielder dey play ball?
What about right back position, Jenkinson, how many right backs under twenty one in Europe are in his level? What about Gibbs, Abi Elsharawy and Ballotelli go play right and left back?
We produced Ashley Cole and he has remained the top left back on this planet for close to a decade
Hahaha Jenkinson ko Jenkins Alumona ni! Chei that one na defender? Mattia De Sciglio >>> Jenkinson

Gibbs <<< David Alaba

Ninja please its only in England that people think Ashley Cole is the best LB in the world! That myth does not cross the English channel
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
A-40:

Hahaha Jenkinson ko Jenkins Alumona ni! Chei that one na defender? Mattia De Sciglio >>> Jenkinson

Gibbs <<< David Alaba

Ninja please its only in England that people think Ashley Cole is the best LB in the world! That myth does not cross the English channel

David who? Lol. grin grin

Let me Leave that one for now since he's more of a left back, so a more fitting opponent would be Gibbs .
But eh, Please give us the name of the LB that's been better than Ashley Kolawole over the last 7 years.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
edoyad:

David who? Lol. grin grin

Let me Leave that one for now since he's more of a left back, so a more fitting opponent would be Gibbs .
But eh, Please give us the name of the LB that's been better than Ashley Kolawole over the last 7 years.
Gibbs = LB
Alaba = LB
Alaba >>> Gibbs

De Sciglio = RB
Jenkinson = RB
De Sciglio >>> Jenkinson

Comprendes??

Better than Ashley Cole over the last 7 years?? Dem yapa yaski! Evra,Abidal,Lahm! Make I continue ni?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
A-40:

Gibbs = LB
Alaba = LB
Alaba >>> Gibbs

De Sciglio = RB
Jenkinson = RB
De Sciglio >>> Jenkinson

Comprendes??

Better than Ashley Cole over the last 7 years?? Dem yapa yaski! Evra,Abidal,Lahm! Make I continue ni?

Make no mistake, everything you said was funny but the bold part has to be best joke

Teeheehee
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
Ooooo Plsssss, I dare say in the past 7 years in all of European soccer there has been no better LB than Ashley Cole, hate him as much as u can, the closest to be compared is Evra... Comparing him to Abidal is as Mediocre as it can get and for someone to even mention P. Lahm...are u kidding me..

Ashley Cole would comfortable bench Abidal in his prime with Barca, Lahm in his prime with Bayern

Mention another position and i might concede but definitely not the LB position.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
edoyad:

Make no mistake, everything you said was funny but the bold part has to be best joke

Teeheehee
I'm not suprised its edoyad we are talking about here your knowledge on football matters is negligible to say the least
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 6:29pm On Dec 21, 2012
Roland17: Ooooo Plsssss, I dare say in the past 7 years in all of European soccer there has been no better LB than Ashley Cole, hate him as much as u can, the closest to be compared is Evra... Comparing him to Abidal is as Mediocre as it can get and for someone to even mention P. Lahm...are u kidding me..
You guys are jokers! Lol I'm not suprised sha as most of yall think football starts and ends in England. Eric Abidal mediocre hahahahaha I'm not sure you even know Eric Abidal
Phillip Lahm! Get back to me when Ashley Cole makes Team of the Tournament for 4 consecutive major tournaments and Fifa team of the year to boot. Its really distressing how little you ninjas know men its not even funny anymore

Roland17:
Ashley Cole would comfortable bench Abidal in his prime with Barca, Lahm in his prime with Bayern
JJC statement! you guys are in desperate need of schooling. Smh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
I don't know why y'all are entertaining this red herring of a discussion about who would bench who where - it's all highly subjective and doesn't change anything.

Arsenal will knock Bayern out and then we'll hear all sorts of excuses from the Munschit supporters. End of story. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chamotex(m): 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
E too sure for Debosky grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
A-40:

You guys are jokers! Lol[b] I'm not suprised sha as most of yall think football starts and ends in England[/b]. Eric Abidal mediocre hahahahaha I'm not sure you even know Eric Abidal
Phillip Lahm! Get back to me when Ashley Cole makes Team of the Tournament for 4 consecutive major tournaments and Fifa team of the year to boot. Its really distressing how little you ninjas know men its not even funny anymore

JJC statement! you guys are in desperate need of schooling. Smh

The bolded is very far from the truth, week in week out, i personally follow the Italian and other core European leagues religiously, am not one to glorify the Premier league because of the exposure it gets compared to other European leagues or cos my favourite team plays in England. I am quick to refute the potency/ skill level and prospects of young English players compared to their counterparts in the La liga, Bundesliga, Seria A and Eredivisie.

Arm chair assertions are not my thing.

Just because Cole is English and plays in a league where players are hyped does not mean he's not skilled at his trade, he's skilled enough to play outside England and retain his position no matter the competition.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
I'd rather have Gael Clichy as left back over Lahm, Fernando Torres last born. What is Lahm worth? I wouldn't buy Lahm for $12m and I'm dead serious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Silentgroper(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.