Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1783) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2317413 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) (1786) ... (3490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
Hello purpleprincess.

Why don't you just come in and say hi to us all.

You don't know how much I love female football fans hanging around on sporting threads though
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purpleprincess: 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2020
Kbs468:
Hello purpleprincess.

Why don't you just come in and say hi to us all.

You don't know how much I love female football fans hanging around on sporting threads though
Hi. I am not an Arsenal fan though. I am a fan of dear Blaugrana. But I love reading through all the football threads here because I am a football fan first.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 5:20pm On Feb 26, 2020
purpleprincess:
Hi. I am not an Arsenal fan though. I am a fan of dear Blaugrana. But I love reading through all the football threads here because I am a football fan first.
Wao! That's good to know.

So you are a fan of La liga and Barcelona?

Hmmmmn what a contrast. I love laliga too but a Los Blancos (Real Madrid) follower but ARSENAL IS MY NUMBER ONE

Although I also follow PSG, BAYERN MUNICH & INTER MILAN in France, Germany and Italy respectively too.

Above all, it's good that you are a soccer fan above everything else and please keep on balling
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
grin grin grin
Should I tell him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Victornezzar: 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
sod09:
grin grin grin
Should I tell him
Lol
Allow him to flex
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by DeadPresidents: 7:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
sod09:
grin grin grin
Should I tell him

Sod the wicked grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 7:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
sod09:
grin grin grin
Should I tell him
grin
Sod 09, you meant tell me right?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purpleprincess: 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
Kbs468:

Wao! That's good to know.

So you are a fan of La liga and Barcelona?

Hmmmmn what a contrast. I love laliga too but a Los Blancos (Real Madrid) follower but ARSENAL IS MY NUMBER ONE

Although I also follow PSG, BAYERN MUNICH & INTER MILAN in France, Germany and Italy respectively too.

Above all, it's good that you are a soccer fan above everything else and please keep on balling
smiley

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
Kbs468:
Saka challenges Aubameyang for Arsenal Player of the Month award
Auba has been terrific for us recently. He has shown outstanding leadership both on and off the pitch. His contributions to our current form both on the attacking and defensive sides are quite remarkable. I hope Saka gets to keep this one but Auba he is our best player.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
Kbs468:
grin
Sod 09, you meant tell me right?
nah I will spoil the fun cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
Kbs468:
Saka challenges Aubameyang for Arsenal Player of the Month award
I feel saka deserves it over auba. Saka should get it please
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 10:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
Arsenal's Bukayo Saka's GCSE results prove he's a bright talent on and off the pitch Mirror.co.uk
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
Spy360:

Auba has been terrific for us recently. He has shown outstanding leadership both on and off the pitch. His contributions to our current form both on the attacking and defensive sides are quite remarkable. I hope Saka gets to keep this one but Auba he is our best player.
Auba is our best player, but I feel saka deserves it under the month of review. Saka has 3 assist to his name, auba has 3 goals to his name... Both assist and goals were both influential. I feel saka could Nick this!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
Kbs468:
Arsenal's Bukayo Saka's GCSE results prove he's a bright talent on and off the pitch Mirror.co.uk
him dey write Waec? shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 10:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
Jodera:
I feel saka deserves it over auba. Saka should get it please
I quite agree with you too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
Kbs468:

I quite agree with you too
true bro
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 10:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
Jodera:
Saka received his GCSE results from Greenford High School in Ealing, West London, in the summer of 2018, just six months before he made his Arsenal debut aged 17.

“In the last year of doing GCSEs, Bukayo was out of school with Arsenal quite a bit, but he was brilliant,” Mark Harvey, his former PE teacher, told the Times . “He knuckled down, got really good grades and came out with flying colours. In terms of a sportsman: superb. In terms of a student: role model.”

Saka only completed his GCSE's two summers ago, achieving four A*s and three As, just six months before his Arsenal debut as a substitute in the Europa League tie with Vorskla Poltava.

He told the official Arsenal website : “I just enjoyed playing, but I don't think I ever really thought I was going to make it to the first team until I actually signed my first professional contract when I turned 17.

“You go through the youth teams, year by year, and you see all these great players around you - some of them could be the best in the year - and slowly they are all let go, to other clubs or even stopping completely," he added.

“So you could never be sure that you would make it, but what I said to myself is that I would always give my best in every single session. I always wanted to learn to get better, I always watched a lot of football to see how I could improve.

“We would look at each other and wonder who it would be. I was always determined for it to be me, and so I wanted to do whatever it took to achieve that.”
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 10:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
Spy360:

I hope SAKA gets it too because of the strange position he has been operating from while doing creditably well
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 11:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
purpleprincess:
smiley
wink
Now as a football fan, where do you think Arsenal's SAKA should belong? Nigeria or England?

Because rumor has it that he could be drafted into England Euro 2020 squad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purpleprincess: 1:14am On Feb 27, 2020
Kbs468:
wink
Now as a football fan, where do you think Arsenal's SAKA should belong? Nigeria or England?

Because rumor has it that he could be drafted into England Euro 2020 squad
England of course. I wouldn’t advice even my enemy to play for Nigeria. Saka is fast becoming a great player, he shouldn’t waste his career with super chickens.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:19am On Feb 27, 2020
Arsenal legend Ian Wright says it would be a shame if Bukayo Saka opts for SE. Imagine talk?!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 2:38am On Feb 27, 2020
[s]
purpleprincess:
England of course. I wouldn’t advice even my enemy to play for Nigeria. Saka is fast becoming a great player, he shouldn’t waste his career with super chickens.
[/s]very useless talk undecided

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 2:42am On Feb 27, 2020
so this is how we missed out on Bruno Guimaraes cry

....what a shame, that young lad really dealt with juventus yesterday.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 5:45am On Feb 27, 2020
purpleprincess:
what!

come on, is Nigeria that so bad or do you have any relationship with England that you are advising such?

probably and no one can say
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:08am On Feb 27, 2020
purpleprincess:
Did u just say England? Forget sentiment, He will get a better chance and better treatment with naija. With all our players England has been snatching, what can they show for it? how many trophies have they won? If this saka guy should lost form for two games lasan (God forbid), England won't hesitate to drop him. England is not that good for player development. Tomori was feeling like maldini then and opted to play for them... with his form now and his constant absence from match day squad, I doubt he will even smell Euro provisional squad.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:40am On Feb 27, 2020
mostob:
Did u just say England? Forget sentiment, He will get a better chance and better treatment with naija. With all our players England has been snatching, what can they show for it? how many trophies have they won? If this saka guy should lost form for two games lasan (God forbid), England won't hesitate to drop him. England is not that good for player development. Tomori was feeling like maldini then and opted to play for them... with his form now and his constant absence from match day squad, I doubt he will even smell Euro provisional squad.

This argument is not valid at all. Nigeria will also drop any player who is not having it good with his club side. If u doubt this, please mention how many players that were part of the 2013 winning team that still starts for super eagles till date. Where is Sunday Mba who scored the only goal in the afcon final? Where is Emmanuel Emenike?

You may want to argue those guys are old and all.....but know that they are contemporaries with a whole lot of players who still get call up like Thomas muller of Germany and Co.

It's just normal for u to lose Ur position in the national team once u form drops at the club level. The national team moves on to some newly discovered talent. This applies to Super Eagles and The three lions alike. Stop making it seem as if super eagles won't dump him if his form dips.

Aside being patriotic, there's nothing special about a player of Nigerian descent opting to play for the country.

If the young man feels playing for his adopted country will make him happy, abeg let him go ahead. Pogba opted for France ahead of Guinea Conakry, today he is a world cup winner and his twin brothers dey jo soapy for Guinea national team grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 27, 2020
Jodera:
na him NECO be that, his WAEC is still withheld.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:09am On Feb 27, 2020
kokanepyramid:
na him NECO be that, his WAEC is still withheld.
grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:10am On Feb 27, 2020
Kbs468:

Saka received his GCSE results from Greenford High School in Ealing, West London, in the summer of 2018, just six months before he made his Arsenal debut aged 17.

“In the last year of doing GCSEs, Bukayo was out of school with Arsenal quite a bit, but he was brilliant,” Mark Harvey, his former PE teacher, told the Times . “He knuckled down, got really good grades and came out with flying colours. In terms of a sportsman: superb. In terms of a student: role model.”

Saka only completed his GCSE's two summers ago, achieving four A*s and three As, just six months before his Arsenal debut as a substitute in the Europa League tie with Vorskla Poltava.

He told the official Arsenal website : “I just enjoyed playing, but I don't think I ever really thought I was going to make it to the first team until I actually signed my first professional contract when I turned 17.

“You go through the youth teams, year by year, and you see all these great players around you - some of them could be the best in the year - and slowly they are all let go, to other clubs or even stopping completely," he added.

“So you could never be sure that you would make it, but what I said to myself is that I would always give my best in every single session. I always wanted to learn to get better, I always watched a lot of football to see how I could improve.

“We would look at each other and wonder who it would be. I was always determined for it to be me, and so I wanted to do whatever it took to achieve that.”

Wow!
Nice...
Thanks for the info bro

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 27, 2020
kodded:
[s][/s]very useless talk undecided
Theres nothing useless about the talk.

if you were in his shoes will you pick Nigeria ahead of England?

It’s on top someone else’s matter y’all will be forming patriotism.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 27, 2020
Kbs468:

what!

come on, is Nigeria that so bad or do you have any relationship with England that you are advising such?

probably and no one can say
what did Naija do for him, let him choose Nigeria if he wants to? He doesn’t owe Naija any moral obligation to pick her.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 27, 2020
mostob:
what your post further addressed is the fact that we celebrate mediocrity and encourage local champions. Same reason Mikel kept featuring for us despite being a bench warmer in England at some point. If he plays well and remain competitive he’ll keep featuring for England.

England does not develop players? How many players has your country developed?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) (1786) ... (3490) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: liveLongNprospa(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.