Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,834 members, 7,862,740 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:41 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1817) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2361690 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1814) (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:30am On May 07, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Fabrepass Omo ologo
Kompany next
Viera
Makele
lol...
I'll go for
1..Makalele. Wen a position is named after you, then you'll know you did something special

2... Vieira

3.. Kompany

4.. Fabre-pass
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Swissh: 10:50am On May 07, 2020
Jodera:
lol...
I'll go for
1..Makalele. Wen a position is named after you, then you'll know you did something special

2... Vieira

3.. Kompany

4.. Fabre-pass
Imagine the disrespect towards Vieira. Makelele did nothing in the Premier league to be above Vieira.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:58am On May 07, 2020
Swissh:

Imagine the disrespect towards Vieira. Makelele did nothing in the Premier league to be above Vieira.
That's why it's an opinion bro and it's open. I know it's an unpopular one
OK, let's see yours
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:04am On May 07, 2020
Jodera:
lol...
He might turn out good. After all, I know modric was branded one of the worst Madrid signing, forward years later, he was the one that won best player not named Ronaldo.
As long as pepe is still young, I won't give up hope just yet.
I'm talking about his price tag look at mane and sallah or even keita blade
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Expert17: 11:06am On May 07, 2020
Swissh:

I wonder oo

Viera----Kompany-----Fabregas------Makelele
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by thorrvik55(m): 11:08am On May 07, 2020
ChristineC:
that's a very risky model. any big team going this route, especially in this era, is done.

Pepe will never be world class,
that doesn't mean the next hyped guy wouldn't be.

Swissh will sue u for this
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:11am On May 07, 2020
iamoyindamola:

I'm talking about his price tag look at mane and sallah or even keita blade
cool, mane and salah are shrewd signings and that's why we need to sign like that. They bought van dijk for 90m I think. Imagine if he flopped?
So we need to buy shrewd signings like salah and mane, then 1-2 signings Allison and van dijk. That's what I'm saying
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 11:19am On May 07, 2020
Jodera:
Who do you think is the most iconic no.4 in the premier league era?

Viera first. He was a strong captain and his presence is always felt on the pitch.

I’m going to exclude Makelel cos I didn’t really see him play.

After Viera, Kompany. His influence in Man City no be small.

Finally. Fabregas. He’s probably the most talented of them all but he wasn’t as iconic or influential as others in any team. Playing less influential roles in 3 different teams than others cut his points short. His departure to Barcelona didn’t help him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:28am On May 07, 2020
Leyqute:

Viera first. He was a strong captain and his presence is always felt on the pitch.

I’m going to exclude Makelel cos I didn’t really see him play.

After Viera, Kompany. His influence in Man City no be small.

Finally. Fabregas. He’s probably the most talented of them all but he wasn’t as iconic or influential as others in any team. Playing less influential roles in 3 different teams than others cut his points short. His departure to Barcelona didn’t help him.
Nice one bro.... Cool points

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 2:47pm On May 07, 2020
ChristineC:
that's a very risky model. any big team going this route, especially in this era, is done.

Pepe will never be world class, that doesn't mean the next hyped guy wouldn't be.
Liverpool followed this model and they are world champions, though there's no guarantee on any model, but its logical for a team like Arsenal's budget to follow suit.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 2:54pm On May 07, 2020
Jodera:
in this present world of crazy market, it's better to put your scout to good work, especially if the said club can hold the player against so called big clubs.
It's not as if you won't buy one or 2 big players, but it should be majorly on the skilled unknown players. Arsene and klopp are good at it. Even your fergie too was good at it. The difference why fergie was successful than those two was because fergie players can't be easily poached unlike the first 2 coaches
Liverpool began with nothing more than £30, Mane,Sallah,Winaldum,Firminho and Origi are example of talented non hyped players, before they began to splash big on the Alisson,V.dijk,Fabinho,Oxlade and Keita. Before the arrivals of the latter mentioned, Liverpool had looked very competitive.

So its wise to spend averagely, before we start Adding the likes of Pepe as an icing on the cake
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:06pm On May 07, 2020
iamoyindamola:
who scouted that shakushaku master for 75m I think he's the most expensive Africa player angry
I think they just wanted to appease and calm the fans after the protest in America. You remember when Josh told you to be excited?
So Pepe was just like an Ozil, just to shut the fans up.

Yes we needed a winger, but not the Pepe's calibre, Dribbling and skills is never enough for £75, shoots weak like Iwobi, cuts too much and not direct, takes time to adapt to the physical nature in England.

So I'll say our scouts though I've tried with youngsters, but poor in major signings.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:24pm On May 07, 2020
Fkhalifa:

I think they just wanted to appease and calm the fans after the protest in America. You remember when Josh told you to be excited?
So Pepe was just like an Ozil, just to shut the fans up.

Yes we needed a winger, but not the Pepe's calibre, Dribbling and skills is never enough for £75, shoots weak like Iwobi, cuts too much and not direct, takes time to adapt to the physical nature in England.

So I'll say our scouts though I've tried with youngsters, but poor in major signings.
It's very easy for him to dribble if only he can work on his shooting ability
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ChristineC: 6:58pm On May 07, 2020
Jodera:
in this present world of crazy market, it's better to put your scout to good work, especially if the said club can hold the player against so called big clubs.
It's not as if you won't buy one or 2 big players, but it should be majorly on the skilled unknown players. Arsene and klopp are good at it. Even your fergie too was good at it. The difference why fergie was successful than those two was because fergie players can't be easily poached unlike the first 2 coaches
SAF didn't go this route as much as I know. He signed a sizeable number of top players but was also able to manage some good bargains and keep most of his good players because of his legacy.

Wenger on the other hand, went in full mode and wasn't a direct rival anymore after a couple of good years, not because he wasn't a good enough coach but he didn't manage just as good. I believe he had as much influence in the running of his squad as SAF. If you prioritize bargains over quality, you fall behind. There's no two ways about it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:27pm On May 07, 2020
Fkhalifa:

Liverpool began with nothing more than £30, Mane,Sallah,Winaldum,Firminho and Origi are example of talented non hyped players, before they began to splash big on the Alisson,V.dijk,Fabinho,Oxlade and Keita. Before the arrivals of the latter mentioned, Liverpool had looked very competitive.

So its wise to spend averagely, before we start Adding the likes of Pepe as an icing on the cake
True bro. That's the kind of transfers I want us to make, before thinking of any big signing. Get them young and unknown, and with that, pressure won't be on their head to perform. After there's significant progress, we can think of 1-2 marquee signings
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:36pm On May 07, 2020
ChristineC:
SAF didn't go this route as much as I know. He signed a sizeable number of top players but was also able to manage some good bargains and keep most of his good players because of his legacy.

Wenger on the other hand, went in full mode and wasn't a direct rival anymore after a couple of good years, not because he wasn't a good enough coach but he didn't manage just as good. I believe he had as much influence in the running of his squad as SAF. If you prioritize bargains over quality, you fall behind. There's no two ways about it.
What you said at the bolded is true, but then teams can always quality signings without paying over the top. At least Bayern is an example. They tend to spot talents as quickly as possible and buy them cheap. Let's use grealish as example, now most top teams want him because he's good. But this same grealish have been good (or will I say showed potential as early as 2017), but because most when he was still in Aston Villa, but because he wasn't on a spotlight then, most clubs never looked his way. If a good scout would have spot him then, at least, 15-20m would have gotten him. But now, it'll be around 40-50m to prize him away from Aston Villa. Those are the kinda signings I'm clamouring for... The kante and mahrez signings. Not all these media signings where once someone shine, the next thing is to slap 50m on their head.
If only my club will start signing smartly instead of media signings, then I think we'll go far ahead as a club.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ChristineC: 7:43pm On May 07, 2020
Fkhalifa:

Liverpool followed this model and they are world champions, though there's no guarantee on any model, but its logical for a team like Arsenal's budget to follow suit.
don't forget in 2016 and 2017 £30m-£40m was decent fee. £50m is the decent fee now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:56pm On May 07, 2020
Jodera:
Who do you think is the most iconic no.4 in the premier league era?

P. Viera and it is not even close! Opponents looked at our team sheet in search of No 4!!!! If he was missing, there was a sigh of relief but if No 4 was on the sheet, they knew it was going to be a dog fight with a lot of finesse and technique.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ChristineC: 8:16pm On May 07, 2020
Jodera:
What you said at the bolded is true, but then teams can always quality signings without paying over the top. At least Bayern is an example. They tend to spot talents as quickly as possible and buy them cheap. Let's use grealish as example, now most top teams want him because he's good. But this same grealish have been good (or will I say showed potential as early as 2017), but because most when he was still in Aston Villa, but because he wasn't on a spotlight then, most clubs never looked his way. If a good scout would have spot him then, at least, 15-20m would have gotten him. But now, it'll be around 40-50m to prize him away from Aston Villa. Those are the kinda signings I'm clamouring for... The kante and mahrez signings. Not all these media signings where once someone shine, the next thing is to slap 50m on their head.
If only my club will start signing smartly instead of media signings, then I think we'll go far ahead as a club.
all transfers are risky yet some are less risky than the others, and it's not about price.
for example, I'd rather take a punt on Lewandowski than Kane despite Lewandowski being much older and cheaper. also I wouldn't have Grealish in my team ahead of somebody like B. Silva despite the later being more expensive. this is relative to the current position of Man Utd.

I agree that finances may be a bottleneck, yet for a club like Arsenal scavenging for bargains that will land at 20m£, and more importantly, not looking to make it a one-off approach (like Dan James) but to make it a base model, surely will be a long way off from competing for anything. that's the point I'm trying to make.

as for Bayern, I don't comment on them for personal reasons.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:42pm On May 07, 2020
Roland17:

P. Viera and it is not even close! Opponents looked at our team sheet in search of No 4!!!! If he was missing, there was a sigh of relief but if No 4 was on the sheet, they knew it was going to be a dog fight with a lot of finesse and technique.
nice points bro
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:44pm On May 07, 2020
ChristineC:
all transfers are risky yet some are less risky than the others, and it's not about price.
for example, I'd rather take a punt on Lewandowski than Kane despite Lewandowski being much older and cheaper. also I wouldn't have Grealish in my team ahead of somebody like B. Silva despite the later being more expensive. this is relative to the current position of Man Utd.

I agree that finances may be a bottleneck, yet for a club like Arsenal scavenging for bargains that will land at 20m£, and more importantly, not looking to make it a one-off approach (like Dan James) but to make it a base model, surely will be a long way off from competing for anything. that's the point I'm trying to make.

as for Bayern, I don't comment on them for personal reasons.
Well, I see reasons with what you said though...good points
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 3:39am On May 08, 2020
Many of you have written pepe off. Should explode from next season nko
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:59am On May 08, 2020
IZUKWU:

Exactly my thoughts. In thinking he will be better next season. At least prior to the pause of the league he's shown real improvement in his game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:05am On May 08, 2020
Jodera:
E.g Upamenco, Kolibally,Sancho..all rated> £70
The risk is too high,and Arsenal should not near such
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:13am On May 08, 2020
ChristineC:
don't forget in 2016 and 2017 £30m-£40m was decent fee. £50m is the decent fee now.
£50 is for the likes of Partey, Ndidi,Grealish and Ziyech.. Arsenal can't affort more than 1 of such in a year.
£30..is for the underatted talents like how the Kante,Mahrez,Torrirera,Madison emerged.
£70... Is for the top class player with media hype like V.dijk,Pepe,Zaha,Sterling, Sancho and Harry Kane.

Arsenal's best bet is the first category, no too much risk, and the players could still have value for market
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:17am On May 08, 2020
IZUKWU:
IMO, Pepe does not look like he will explode in a £70M manner, maybe £50 at best.

If he can give something similar to Sterling,Mane,Sallah,Son and Mbappe, in just a season, then money well spent.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:07pm On May 08, 2020
Fkhalifa:

E.g Upamenco, Kolibally,Sancho..all rated> £70
The risk is too high,and Arsenal should not near such
At all... We no fit sef. Like I said, if we can be getting the kinda kante and mahrez signings before Leicester and torreira kinda signings, then we'll be good
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 1:48pm On May 08, 2020
Jodera:
At all... We no fit sef. Like I said, if we can be getting the kinda kante and mahrez signings before Leicester and torreira kinda signings, then we'll be good
players like said banharama and kokcu is what we need
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:08pm On May 08, 2020
kodded:
what club do those two guys play for lemme check dem out?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:10pm On May 08, 2020
kodded:
They are sounding like sanogo v2.0 grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 2:29pm On May 08, 2020
iamoyindamola:

They are sounding like sanogo v2.0 grin
sanogo was unknown na, these guys have already made a name in their respective leagues
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 2:31pm On May 08, 2020
kodded:
sanogo was unknown na, these guys have already made a name in their respective leagues
Its a shame fans can even identify talents faster and better than the scouts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1814) (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.