Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,535 members, 7,861,551 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:18 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2360099 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by codedguy1(m): 8:00pm On Jan 15, 2012
chamotex:

Who won the match?

Akpako grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chamotex(m): 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2012
coogar:

i don't even know
van persie scored, walcott scored. . . .arsenal must have won the match. grin

Henry nko?

coded guy:

Akpako grin grin

Ordinary akpako or Akpako part 2?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 8:02pm On Jan 15, 2012
chamotex:

Henry nko?

his goal was disallowed. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2012
folahann:

Thank God we're playing Man U again. Abeg Man U do us the favor again, seems that's the only way Wenger listens.

Sincerely cocur with the above, seems the manager has forgotten we are still in a precarious position. Plus gosh! The team carried over their lethargic perfomance from Monday to this game, wtf!!  Seriously maybe manu needs to do us another favour by inflicting more pains next week. What's so hard in getting a full back?  Mert, Ramsey, arshavin were main curlprits. Even song had a below par game, signs that he may just need a rest but what do we have as backup?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by codedguy1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 15, 2012
chamotex:

Ordinary akpako or Akpako part 2?

Akpako Merix smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 8:24pm On Jan 15, 2012
How can Arsenal lose when igwe is on the field
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mbulela: 9:05pm On Jan 15, 2012
DJ, i beg play me my jam.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2012
debosky:

Unlucky AND Sloppy - you can't get away with both in this league.

First Rambo's pen should never have been a pen, then we manage to equalise and then go to sleep awfully. . . . another Chez and Koscielny horror show for that third goal.

Both the second and third goals were defensive and goal keeping mistakes - simply not good enough!

Song was TERRIBLE today - he couldn't track Dyer all game long he needs to get back to basics now.

Ridiculous defensive display today.

I disagree. Ramshit had no business stretching his leg for a ball he couldn't reach in the first place. Lets not be biased here. We cannot be sure there was any contact but the player went down in the box and it didn't look at all dramatic to me.

I enjoyed watching a team like Swansea play the kinda football that attracted me to Arsenal years ago. They played intelligently with speed, flair and individual talent. I particularly like the way a small man like Dyer ran his wing.

As usual I blame Djorou and Ramshit's presence and ultimately blame Wenger for keeping imbertovs in our first team. Walcott, Song and a few others were poor but Djorou and Ramshit were unbeatably poor. Lack of talent in our midfield is going to cost us this season and I think the price will be very large. Manure, Manshitty, Tottenham and Chelsea are looking readier for champions league qualification than we are. I don't see any team among that four that we deserve to finish above at the end of the season.

I am beginning to think Wenger is loosing it expecting us to win by luck or by miracle by parading the like of Ramshit, out of form Walcott and of course DjorouKanu. We love wenger so much but we can hate him as much if he continues to pretend that he has a good team.

Plus, I hope barca present a bid for Van Persie so he can win a trophy and have something to show in years to come as proof of his talent cos we may have nothing concrete to testify to our kids that Van Persie was a great player. I love Arsenal but love when hardworkers get rewarded and not get overlooked simply cos a certain manager was too stubborn to effect changes
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 9:15pm On Jan 15, 2012
dipo+:

I disagree. Ramshit had no business stretching his leg for a ball he couldn't reach in the first place. Lets not be biased here. We cannot be sure there was any contact but the player went down in the box and it didn't look at all dramatic to me.

don't mind debosky. . . . .he's a media-LovePeddler.
he must have watched the game on skysports with jamie redknapp analysing nonsense that it wasn't a penalty because dyer could have hurt ramsey.
if that wasn't a penalty then rooney's overhead kick against city last season shouldn't have counted. . . . .rooney was 0.0007 inches away from breaking micah richard's head as well.

coded guy:

Akpako Merix smiley

how many league games have arsenal lost now?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by codedguy1(m): 9:26pm On Jan 15, 2012
coogar:

how many league games have arsenal lost now?

Like 50 and still counting. . . . . grin

@ Dayokanu, U dey fall my hand ooo, abeg play music for me jare!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2012
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chamotex(m): 10:58pm On Jan 15, 2012
Dayokanu sef don tire to dey play music for this thread. He's been playing music non stop this season alone he's fed up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mbulela: 12:08am On Jan 16, 2012
thank you Mr. DJ for playing my song.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:24am On Jan 16, 2012
In all sincerity we lost to a better team, i wonder how they are (Swansea) able to keep teams from scoring and still play free flow football, An injury ravaged season means we are depleted in vital positions and can only be compared to Everton,

We need JW back as soon as possible, AR is horrific,
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:18am On Jan 16, 2012
I hope someone has enough sense to engineer eight place so we don't waste energy playing europa. Eight place or nothing!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 8:35am On Jan 16, 2012
Well i won't complain too much, too many injuries to too many key players.

Imagine next week, Nani and Valencia running at Miquel and Djourou. . . It's going to be epic! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 8:36am On Jan 16, 2012
Jencejyde:

Sincerely cocur with the above, seems the manager has forgotten we are still in a precarious position. Plus gosh! The team carried over their lethargic perfomance from Monday to this game, wtf!!  Seriously maybe manu needs to do us another favour by inflicting more pains next week. What's so hard in getting a full back?  Mert, Ramsey, arshavin were main curlprits. Even song had a below par game, signs that he may just need a rest but what do we have as backup?

Strangely enough, I'm not scared of Manure. Infact, I'm almost certain we'll beat them or at the least get a draw.
Our level has dropped in recent time after a very good run, I think the amount of disruptions to the first 11 is partly to blame but then some players in the supporting category have not stepped up (Rosicky, Arshavin and Chamakh stand up to be counted, right age range, right antecedents but below par contribution).

Not that I expected them to step up anyway as we lost players we shouldn't have and ended up keeping those we shouldn't have during the window.
I'm not pressing any panic buttons just yet, at least until a top 4 finish begins to become a mirage. I looked at this team at the start of the season and came to the conclusion that the PL was a bridge too far. Apart from being out of the top 4, they've largely surpassed every one of my expectations so far.

Meanwhile, it is only at Arsenal that a player nearly gets his leg broken by an opposition player yet gets a penalty kick given against him. Wrong reaction perhaps but I wouldn't blame Ramsey much for largely withdrawing into his shell after that PK decision.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by nateevs(m): 10:44am On Jan 16, 2012
duduspace:

Strangely enough, I'm not scared of Manure. Infact, I'm almost certain we'll beat them or at the least get a draw.

Archived!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 11:39am On Jan 16, 2012
Roland17:

In all sincerity we lost to a better team, i wonder how they are (Swansea) able to keep teams from scoring and still play free flow football, An injury ravaged season means we are depleted in vital positions and can only be compared to Everton.

the credits should go to:

roberto martinez(wigan)
paulo sousa(videoton).

40% of the credits should go to brendan rodgers too for sticking to the ethics of his predecessors and not doing it the blackburn/stoke city way.
one wonders what these managers would have achieved in big budget clubs. . . . . .
i remember brendan rodgers was also appointed by jose mourinho @ the peak of mourinho's powers to manage chelsea's youth team.
if swansea continue this way and they don't relegate, mr rodgers should win the manager of the year.

he has destroyed the myth that one needs massive funds to play beautiful football - he played wenger off the park.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by olodo(m): 11:49am On Jan 16, 2012
we played like weknow we can not win this match, Guy if wenger continue to use RAMSEY in our team,we will always find it difficult to beat any team in the PL.

HE was playing as if their is nothing at stake ,he was the main culprit for the first Goal,  
He gave the ball away for the second Goal
He romance the ball to show his country coach his Best thing after subsidy removal
RAMSEY is the biggest waste pipe
so tell me how song and benayoun will not be shit when wenger simply look the other wayand keep the like of Ox on the bench in the name of future development or his not ready.
please MAN UNITED do us another favour for the last time this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kenkruse: 12:09pm On Jan 16, 2012
olodo:

we played like weknow we can not win this match, Guy if wenger continue to use RAMSEY in our team,we will always find it difficult to beat any team in the PL.

HE was playing as if their is nothing at stake ,he was the main culprit for the first Goal,
He gave the ball away for the second Goal
[b]He romance the ball to show his country coach his Best thing after subsidy removal[/b]RAMSEY is the biggest waste pipe
so tell me how song and benayoun will not be poo when wenger simply look the other wayand keep the like of Ox on the bench in the name of future development or his not ready.
please MAN UNITED do us another favour for the last time this season.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin real olodo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kenkruse: 12:35pm On Jan 16, 2012
But seriously, you cant continue to do same thing and expect different result.In as much as we like Wenger, he should do the ryt thing before we occupy him.

Ramsey has shown over and over again that he's not good enuff for 90mins. Start him from bench, he may pick his scoring boot from there.

Theo is the original flash-in-the-pan, he seems worn out, why not give Ox a chance.

Arshavin? quite talented but his body is too weak to propel his brain. 5-10mins is enuff for him.

What can we say about Djorou when the only alternative is Le' squil.

Song was crying for help and ended up having a bad game. He needed Arteta by his side not good old man rejected by CHELSEA.

Mertesacker looks horribly, at times i stand to question his years of experience. He couldnt defend yet he couldnt tap in a ball to the net.

Really having a bad day in office due to sleep and tumbling nite having lost to a lowly swansea when TOTOHAM is 10 points ahead.

We need to change this weak forces in our squard while waiting for the return of Vermalen, Sagna, Santos, Wilshere and/or Gibs or Jekinson
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mystikal(m): 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2012
Dudu, even if we draw vs Utd or even win as you say, it wont hide the fact that we are not good enough to finish in the in the CL spot at the moment. Something's gotta give!

Ramsey worries me! Gave up on Arshavin since.

Meanwhile Chelsea have signed Cahill from Bolton #intent
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 3:26pm On Jan 16, 2012
mystikal:

Dudu, even if we draw vs Utd or even win as you say, it wont hide the fact that we are not good enough to finish in the in the CL spot at the moment. Something's gotta give!

Ramsey worries me! Gave up on Arshavin since.

Meanwhile Chelsea have signed Cahill from Bolton #intent

Yup, at the moment we are not in the top 4 but I don't see any reason yet why we can't finish in the top 4.
This team has come from a far worse situation than this already this season so I see no reason to panic just yet.

Even Arsene has largely given up on Arshavin hence why Gervinho starts ahead of him, he should however still have been able to do a job.
The true passengers in the team are being revealed and they are not the usual suspects like Djorou.

Ramsey ideally should have been brought in gently (I continue to tell people that this is actually his first full season in the top flight) but it is our bad luck that Wilshere has to be out at this time.
When we had that long brilliant run, I didn't go overboard with optimism and I won't go overboard with pessimism now that we've hit a snag just like almost every other team does when fatigue, injuries and loss of form begin to take their toll.

The only grouse I have with Arsene at present is that Ox deserves more playing time and possibly Ramsey deserves more bench time, apart from that he is using the squad as well as he can in my opinion.

This is not the first time Arsenal have chosen not to buy in the January window so that is not new and that has little to do with Arsene and more to do with the club as a whole, people should have realised that by now and most of what Arsene says about availability of players in the January window makes a lot of sense. If a player is that good as to be of the quality we want that will make an instant impact, its not likely his team would be willing to let him go at this time in the season.

Right from our horrible start in the season, it was clear this squad wasn't well equipped to win the league, the good run got the more optimistic thinking otherwise but the more perceptive weren't swayed and the logic is simple, if we didn't win it with Cesc and Nasri and their replacements/none replacements are considered inferior why should anyone begin to demand a PL win from this team?  undecided
Let them crawl first and then we can talk of running. A top 4 finish for this squad would be an achievement in itself the way things are going.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 4:12pm On Jan 16, 2012
Mike Dean will officiate the United game.

Arsenal have won none of the last 10 Premier League games with Mike Dean as the referee (W0 D5 L5)

shocked shocked grin grin shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
ritchboy:

Mike Dean will officiate the United game.

Arsenal have won none of the last 10 Premier League games with Mike Dean as the referee (W0 D5 L5)

shocked shocked grin grin shocked shocked grin grin

man utd won't win at the emirates.
i see it ending 1-1.

but then. . . . .van persie confirmed what we have always thought about [b]gay[/b]nners.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 8:00pm On Jan 16, 2012
duduspace:

Not that I expected them to step up anyway as we lost players we shouldn't have and ended up keeping those we shouldn't have during the window.
I'm not pressing any panic buttons just yet, at least until a top 4 finish begins to become a mirage. I looked at this team at the start of the season and came to the conclusion that the PL was a bridge too far. Apart from being out of the top 4, they've largely surpassed every one of my expectations so far.

Sorry to pick on you again but based on the bold phrase above, Ild like to know what expectations they have surpassed o? Secondly, the PK aside, Ramsey has been poor in past few games. We need Jack back quick! We have totally lost the creativity the team is known for. If Rosicky could last more than 20 minutes Il play him ahead of Ramsey anytime!

Most of what needs to be said has been said. Il just like to add:

Miguel has been good despite being played out of position. If he wasn't left footed, Ild prefer him playing at RB instead of JD20

Will Coquelin be available against ManU? I don't think we will survive a rout if JD20 plays on that day. Hopefully, TV5 will be available for the game.

When will Sagna be back abeg? And Santos too?

It seems to me like we are going to have to push ourselves to limit for the remainder of the season. Oga AW, loan/buy a FB abeg!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:43pm On Jan 16, 2012
Y'all should stop the Ramsey nonsense - yes he wasn't excellent, but he never stopped trying.

He had a shot cleared off the line and Vorm made an excellent save to deny him as well.

Song was missing when he should've tracked Dyer for the first goal, Djourou made the error that allowed the cross into the box for the dodgy penalty and Miquel/Rozzi/Szcezny made errors for the third goal.

Ramsey may have been at fault for losing the ball for the second goal but that was all he did wrong!

If your defenders go AWOL for three goals in a game, you blame defenders - it's really that simple.

As for Wenger he is a bloody recidivist - one week saying it would be stup!d to lose games due to lack of fullbacks and then changes his mind the next week, THEN losing the game because of fullbacks. He's shown how stup!d he can be yet again.

If Djourou and Miquel were so terrible against Swansea, imagine how bad they'll be against United?

I blame Wenger 100% for the defeat - Swansea might have played better, but we had ABSOLUTELY no reason conceding the second and third goals, especially the third. If we had someone with any knowledge of playing LB, we would NOT have conceded that third goal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:50pm On Jan 16, 2012
duduspace:

This is not the first time Arsenal have chosen not to buy in the January window so that is not new and that has little to do with Arsene and more to do with the club as a whole, people should have realised that by now and most of what Arsene says about availability of players in the January window makes a lot of sense. If a player is that good as to be of the quality we want that will make an instant impact, its not likely his team would be willing to let him go at this time in the season.

You've crawled up AW's arse and started talking nonsense again. Did Cahill not just move from Bolton to Chelski? Did Luiz not move to Chelski last January? Who the hell says good players are not available?

Wenger is just a moronically stubborn old phool - Cissokho is available if we pay £7m and buy him, but the recidivist refuses to spend that relatively insignificant amount for a good LB who would fit in well. Evra joined Utd in January for goodness sake. If we have 6 CBs what is wrong with having 5 fullbacks KNOWING oen of the LBs is a permanent crock?

What nonsense is this not being about it not being about Wenger? Have other coaches not signed defenders in January? If Wenger WANTED to buy a player instead of his criminally negligent persistence with an understrength squad, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in right now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 11:13pm On Jan 16, 2012
duduspace:

Last January Liverpool sold their best player same with Newcastle.

Didnt you get Arshavin in January ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 11:43pm On Jan 16, 2012
debosky:

You've crawled up AW's arse and started talking nonsense again. Did Cahill not just move from Bolton to Chelski? Did Luiz not move to Chelski last January? Who the hell says good players are not available?

Wenger is just a moronically stubborn old phool - Cissokho is available if we pay £7m and buy him, but the recidivist refuses to spend that relatively insignificant amount for a good LB who would fit in well. Evra joined Utd in January for goodness sake. If we have 6 CBs what is wrong with having 5 fullbacks KNOWING oen of the LBs is a permanent crock?

What nonsense is this not being about it not being about Wenger? Have other coaches not signed defenders in January? If Wenger WANTED to buy a player instead of his criminally negligent persistence with an understrength squad, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in right now.

same as nemanja vidic!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 11:48pm On Jan 16, 2012
debosky:

As for Wenger he is a bloody recidivist - one week saying it would be stup!d to lose games due to lack of fullbacks and then changes his mind the next week, THEN losing the game because of fullbacks. He's shown how stup!d he can be yet again.

If Djourou and Miquel were so terrible against Swansea, imagine how bad they'll be against United?

I blame Wenger 100% for the defeat - Swansea might have played better, but we had ABSOLUTELY no reason conceding the second and third goals, especially the third. If we had someone with any knowledge of playing LB, we would NOT have conceded that third goal.

Clichy?  grin grin

Seriously though, Ramsey caused the first goal (whether the PK was justified or not is another matter) in fact it was Ramsey who lost the ball that led to their attack before the penalty. Ramsey caused the second goal, he 'gave' the ball to the Dyer when we were about counter attacking. Miguel was out of position (I agree maybe a bit too adveturous for a defender) becuase we had the ball. Losing the ball to the opponent at that point was dangerous and Ramsey did just that. Thierd goal was Scecezny's fault.

debosky:

loool, 4ller don hack into debo's account!

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.