Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,028 members, 7,849,150 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:17 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2350461 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2021
Actually, I no understand this handball rule again
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2021
Xhaka causing us to lose or draw games since time of memorial

Defenders are the problem

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2021
Actually, they need to start interviewing refs the way they're doing to managers and players after each game. Let us know the reasons for their shambolic decisions most times
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2021
Nobody should blame Xhaka... Leno was foolish to have passed the ball to him.

Later, some refs will say they are been threatened by fans.
What was the meaning of the yellow card he gave to Pieters then if that was no foul?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:33pm On Mar 06, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Xhaka causing us to lose or draw games since time of memorial

. are the problem
I said it few weeks ago, Xhaka will always be Xhaka, that few good performance shouldn't mask who he is, but fans are too optimistic and forget easily, which serious FC or coach retains such player costing your team that much?

Xhaka the longest serving and main man in that midfield is a sorry case, anyways, Arterta and the fans putting faith on him drserve the pains tongue

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:36pm On Mar 06, 2021
mostob:

What was the meaning of the yellow card he gave to Pieters then if that was no foul?
Those EPL ref useless jare

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:31pm On Mar 06, 2021
mostob:

Xhaka is fully to be blamed. To me, it's 100% his fault

First he demanded for the ball(watch the replay to see he was the one who ran and called for the ball)

2nd, the trapped the ball and delayed, making Burnley's press to cover up

3rd, seeing that everywhere is covered, the best bet is to pass back to Leno to clear the ball out. Instead he wanted to use his weaker foot to pass out of pressure.

To me Leno is not at fault, it's not as if xhaka doesn't have the time and space to pass back to him. Xhaka wasn't even dispossessed immediately Leno passed him the ball, so the fault is solely xhaka and nobody else
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 6:39pm On Mar 06, 2021
hey guys i didn't watch the match today, please can you guys rate chambers game today, i saw him in the starting line up as a RB
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2021
kodded:
hey guys i didn't watch the match today, please can you guys rate chambers game today, i saw him in the starting line up as a RB
He did very ok, but was limited in attack (and strong in defence).

Not a bad day for him. Even willian sef played a good game
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:40pm On Mar 06, 2021
Jodera:

First he demanded for the ball(watch the replay to see he was the one who ran and called for the ball)

3rd, seeing that everywhere is covered, the best bet is to pass back to Leno to clear the ball out. Instead he wanted to use his weaker foot to pass out of pressure.

To me Leno is not at fault, it's not as if xhaka doesn't have the time and space to pass back to him. Xhaka wasn't even dispossessed immediately Leno passed him the ball, so the fault is solely xhaka and nobody else
Bro.. I'm not exonerating Xhaka but the larger part of the blame goes to Leno. Truly, Xhaka demanded for. the ball but passing to him was a foolish decision. why? Xhaka was flanked by 3 players, one was blocking the passing lane to Luiz while also giving the GK pressure, one was marking Xhaka while the other was blocking Mari passing lane. If Xhaka had attempted to pass back to Leno, it is likely Burnley would have scored or Leno would have conceded a foul.

Leno should have played the ball upfield. Xhaka is. not blameless but Leno messed up too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:44pm On Mar 06, 2021
mostob:
Bro.. I'm not exonerating Xhaka but the larger part of the blame goes to Leno. Truly, Xhaka demanded for. the ball but passing to him was a foolish decision. why? Xhaka was flanked by 3 players, one was blocking the passing lane to Luiz while also giving the GK pressure, one was marking Xhaka while the other was blocking Mari passing lane. If Xhaka had attempted to pass back to Leno, it is likely Burnley would have scored or Leno would have conceded a foul.

Leno should have played the ball upfield. Xhaka is. not blameless but Leno messed up too.
He did the same against Watford last season that we drew 2-2
Leno always at fault when we concede goal when playing from back
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2021
iamoyindamola:

He did the same against Watford last season that we drew 2-2
Leno always at fault when we concede goal when playing from back
Thank you. Once he sighted 3 burnley players, he should have played the ball upfield.

Na why I like Martinez.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:02pm On Mar 06, 2021
mostob:
Thank you. Once he sighted 3 burnley players, he should have played the ball upfield.

Na why I like Martinez.
I think you're forgetting the fact that we always mostly build from the back

This scenario isn't the first time that Leno have passed the ball to his players in such situations. Mostly, elneny or ceballos or partey have received the ball in such situation and we've safely passed it out beating the opposition press. And I've not seen anyone blaming Leno for passing as such, cos it was successful. I can remember man u game first leg, such situation like this and elneny beat the press with just 1 touch pass. Same as ceballos and partey on numerous occasions. If you watch that pass well, you will notice that just one touch pass from Xhaka to David Luiz would have beaten that press with ease. The trap and move back by xhaka towards our goalpost made the situation as tricky as it is.

The only situation I'll fault Leno is trusting xhaka. Cos if he knew xhaka would brain fart he wouldn't have trusted him

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:13pm On Mar 06, 2021
Jodera:
I think you're forgetting the fact that we always mostly build from the back

This scenario isn't the first time that Leno have passed the ball to his players in such situations. Mostly, elneny or ceballos or partey have received the ball in such situation and we've safely passed it out beating the opposition press. And I've not seen anyone blaming Leno for passing as such, cos it was successful. I can remember man u game first leg, such situation like this and elneny beat the press with just 1 touch pass. Same as ceballos and partey on numerous occasions. If you watch that pass well, you will notice that just one touch pass from Xhaka to David Luiz would have beaten that press with ease. The trap and move back by xhaka towards our goalpost made the situation as tricky as it is.

The only situation I'll fault Leno is trusting xhaka. Cos if he knew xhaka would brain fart he wouldn't have trusted him

Sod09 never got over the fact that arsenal sold Martinez ( who was hell bent on either being used as first choice or leaving the club)and kept Leno.
I understand him tho; Leno and Martinez are both good keepers and any club will be lucky to have them both..

Xhaka has since apologized and acknowledged he messed up the pass to have gifted burnley the equalizer; it happens in football. We were unlucky not to have gotten a penalty but we move.

I can't blame to draw on Leno cos he didn't gift burnley the equalizer; Xhaka did. I think we need to focus on more players that fumbled like Chambers who was static in RB and made our attack from the right limited.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2021
Jodera:
He did very ok, but was limited in attack (and strong in defence).

Not a bad day for him. Even willian sef played a good game
I'm surprise that chambers is getting a positive review after about a year off field, i think he might be suited to play RCB
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:09pm On Mar 06, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Sod09 never got over the fact that arsenal sold Martinez ( who was hell bent on either being used as first choice or leaving the club)and kept Leno.
I understand him tho; Leno and Martinez are both good keepers and any club will be lucky to have them both..

Xhaka has since apologized and acknowledged he messed up the pass to have gifted burnley the equalizer; it happens in football. We were unlucky not to have gotten a penalty but we move.

I can't blame to draw on Leno cos he didn't gift burnley the equalizer; Xhaka did. I think we need to focus on more players that fumbled like Chambers who was static in RB and made our attack from the right limited.
Lol... Sod and Martinez. 5&6.

Anyways, saka was below par today unlike him, till he moved into the Am role wen odegaard was replaced. I think the attacking limitations of chambers really affected him even tho forgot his scoring boots at home. Auba also was almost ineffective after the goal(tho he created a good chance for saka which he fluffed).

Anyways, we drew the game cos of our strikers(forwards) actually misfiring and Var stupid new rules and not wholly on xhaka foolishness. Hope we become more clinical at Europa tho, cos my mind don comot for league tey tey.

Onto Thurs things
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:12pm On Mar 06, 2021
kodded:
I'm surprise that chambers is getting a positive review after about a year off field, i think he might be suited to play RCB
Hopefully, I believe his rustiness or probably lack of match fitness made his attacking play limited. Hopefully, with more game time, his attacking play will improve
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:19am On Mar 07, 2021
Their own na to play rubbish every week, our own na to analyze the rubbish!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:11am On Mar 07, 2021
[quote author=Jodera post=99664838] I think you're forgetting the fact that we always mostly build from the back

The only situation I'll fault Leno is trusting xhaka. Cos if he knew xhaka would brain fart he wouldn't have trusted him/quote]
cheesy

Imagine a Busquet in that situation, he'll turn and still shield the ball, Even Jerry will rather fall and win a foul, but Xhaka is never the type to trust in tight situations.

Now, if Leno isn't trusting his players, then there's a big problem.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:16am On Mar 07, 2021
Roland17:
Their own na to play rubbish every week, our own na to analyze the rubbish!
Same old Same old rubbish

Gifting opposition goals and points and coming back to apologize over and over and we'll be fine.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Gifting opposition goals and points and coming back to apologize over and over and we'll be fine.
As arsenal useless reach them no lose 6 straight home matches
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
[quote author=Fkhalifa post=99674832][/quote]

Lol... Na the only fault of Leno be that na. For trusting xhaka (his teammate grin).

Forget busquet sef, elneny have been in a harder situation with even tougher opponent who can press more than Burnley and he was always successful. These is things they've always been practicing on training ground. Even guardiola says there might be some mistakes but with time, it'll click.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2021
iamoyindamola:

As arsenal useless reach them no lose 6 straight home matches
grin grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:55pm On Mar 07, 2021
[quote author=Fkhalifa post=99674832][/quote]

You are going too far with the Busquets example! Partey beat the press and started the move that led to our goal in the same match! The problem is, Xhaka is very limited with the ball Inbetween his feet, he relies primarily on his pass.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:59am On Mar 08, 2021
Jodera:
Seems Willian don force him way enter 1st eleven. Exactly what Arteta has been looking for

Chambers at Rb? Maybe that's where Arteta is seeing him now.

Hmmmm
Chambers joined us as a right back from Southampton. It was Wenger who converted him first to DM and then CB.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:03pm On Mar 08, 2021
Jodera:
Actually, they need to start interviewing refs the way they're doing to managers and players after each game. Let us know the reasons for their shambolic decisions most times
PL refs are trained to cause controversies. In fact the model controversy any causes the more promotion gotten. They believe it makes the league more exciting and talked about.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2021
Jodera:

Both for me are at fault. 50-50.

First Leno was in a better position to read the play and make a better decision than giving the ball to Xhaka who was clearly marked out.

Secondly, I am not one for giving excuses for what one does with the ball. Once a player has the ball it is entirely his responsibility what comes out of it. Xhaka had the ball and it led to a goal against. That's inexcusable and not acceptable.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:18pm On Mar 08, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Liverpool are still title contenders. Or you don port go Man City? Because you na anywhere belle face. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:03pm On Mar 08, 2021
Spy360:

Liverpool are still title contenders. Or you don port go Man City? Because you na anywhere belle face. grin
E easy to play high level football in England and Europe for 4 years?

Liverpool are tired and are going through their worst patch over the 4 years.

But, Liverpool's worst is still better than Arsenal cheesy Check Table and Europe.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:23pm On Mar 08, 2021
Going down the memory lane
Omo useless strikers they sha, I just remembered one Lille striker
Matt Moussilou grin grin
This guy is the most useless thing I have ever watched in football, during the champions League he's everywhere and no where.
Na that that Moussilou haruna ishola sang soyooyo grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:36pm On Mar 09, 2021
Fkhalifa:

E easy to play high level football in England and Europe for 4 years?

Liverpool are tired and are going through their worst patch over the 4 years.

But, Liverpool's worst is still better than Arsenal cheesy Check Table and Europe.
Whenever they go unbeaten come let's discuss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: habayommy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.