Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:25 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2359726 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2021
Patrick Viera : "For me, today's Arsenal is a definition of pain and sorrow. Money is being spent on the wrong players except for Aubameyang. With Arsene Wenger you would never see a new signing struggling because he knew what was the best for his philosophy. He never went to the market just to make fans happy, he bought players that would make fans happy and also protect the club's dignity." �#justfootball

Viera just confirmed wengay will never ever ever buy pepe cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Patrick Viera : "For me, today's Arsenal is a definition of pain and sorrow. Money is being spent on the wrong players except for Aubameyang. With Arsene Wenger you would never see a new signing struggling because he knew what was the best for his philosophy. He never went to the market just to make fans happy, he bought players that would make fans happy and also protect the club's dignity." �#justfootball

Viera just confirmed wengay will never ever ever buy pepe cry cry

xhaka and lacazette says hi undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:27pm On Mar 09, 2021
kodded:

Wengay would have find a better place for xhaka maybe cm not dm
As for lacazette I'm sure he found immediately he got him he went for auba straight away

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 9:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
kodded:

dem plenty wey dey that table

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 9:41pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nah!!!... This isn't hype.
But haaland na real Goal machine
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:59pm On Mar 09, 2021
Jodera2:
Nah!!!... This isn't hype.
But haaland na real Goal machine
Look away, the guy is way out of arsenal league
We can even jazz him to come grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 11:44pm On Mar 09, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Look away, the guy is way out of arsenal league
We can even jazz him to come grin
Na outside we dey take window dey look oo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:27am On Mar 10, 2021
I hate away goals that stupid should stop
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 6:36am On Mar 10, 2021
iamoyindamola:
I hate away goals that stupid should stop
Lol...
What then should be the beauty of the game?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:02am On Mar 10, 2021
Jodera2:
Lol...
What then should be the beauty of the game?
It doesn't justify the real outcome of game
It's just like a student that cram just to pass an exam
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:57am On Mar 10, 2021
iamoyindamola:

No, ur analogy is faulty. The beauty of away goal is that you are judged on weighted average, just like final CGPA in a University system. You must be at your best all tru your time in school for you to have a good CGPA at the end of the day. You can't decide to do well in year 1 and not perform well in year 4....obviously u won't get to graduate.

The essence of away goal is for teams who perform well on both legs to proceed to the next round.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:54am On Mar 10, 2021
BlueRayDick:

No, ur analogy is faulty. The beauty of away goal is that you are judged on weighted average, just like final CGPA in a University system. You must be at your best all tru your time in school for you to have a good CGPA at the end of the day. You can't decide to do well in year 1 and not perform well in year 4....obviously u won't get to graduate.

The essence of away goal is for teams who perform well on both legs to proceed to the next round.
I no gree with the bolded...
In my first I had bad result, 2nd and 3rd I had average then 4th I did very well and my project carried huge unit so it elevated me
Overall my CGPA was above average.
That mean I only did well once in my 4 years in school, away goals should be counted as those average GPA I had in my 2nd and 3rd years Iwhich I didn't pay attention to it importance.
Same thing with away goals it not important when scored until it backfire.
Arsenal almost lose out to benfica because of that stupid rule again, with away goals teams will just play for it to survive not because they can
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 9:01am On Mar 10, 2021
iamoyindamola:

It only adds to the excitement and uncertainty of the game. And to me, it's fair. I'm playing in your home, thus you have that home advantage (esp your team's fans larger than mine), on a normal scale I expect you to beat me cos of all those advantage, weather and all. So me scoring you against all odds have to count more than you scoring me.

That to me is a fair and exciting rule grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 9:09am On Mar 10, 2021
iamoyindamola:

In my first I had bad result, 2nd and 3rd I had average then 4th I did very well and my project carried huge unit so it elevated me
[b]That mean I only did well once in my 4 years in schoo[/b]l, away goals should be counted as those average GPA I had in my 2nd and 3rd years Iwhich I didn't pay attention to it importance.
Arsenal almost lose out to benfica because of that stupid rule again, with away goals teams will just play for it to survive not because they can
Wait? You mean you did once very well in your 4-yr course and it was project that boosted you. And you came out with a good result?

Abeg, which sch be that? Hope say na abroad oo grin

Ordinarily, Nigerian university, if you didn't do well say in 2 sessions out of a possible 4-yr session, if you like carry A or A+ or A++ for project, e no go push you well well oo.

The only way it can push you (project), is if your 2.2 Gp is near 2.1(then your project can boost you to 2.1) or if your current GP 2.1 is near first class(then it will boost you to first class). And you still have to do well in final year ooo.
Anything aside that, your project can do Nada to the best of my understanding
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:14am On Mar 10, 2021
iamoyindamola:

That mean I only did well once in my 4 years in school, away goals should be counted as those average GPA I had in my 2nd and 3rd years Iwhich I didn't pay attention to it importance.

You obviously didn't have a bad result. If u had bad result and followed it by average u definitely won't have an above average result at the end of the day. When I say bad result, I mean having carryovers( The 's" is very important), i mean having 6 carryovers in 11 courses. Then when I say average result, it means having "C" grade in all subjects.

Now I put it to you that in the present Nigerian University there's no how u will have "bad" result in 100l and average result in 200l & 300l and u will still graduate with above average result. Trust me, I know a whole lot about these things. (If u still disagree I will tell my story about how hard it is to move from one class of degree all tru my time in school)

As for the away rule, trust me it is still way better than the golden goal rule that saw a whole lot of teams with strength qualify ahead of teams that play better. The away goal rule encourages you to do well on both ur home front and ur opponent's as well.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:17am On Mar 10, 2021
Jodera2:
Wait? You mean you did once very well in your 4-yr course and it was project that boosted you. And you came out with a good result?

Abeg, which sch be that? Hope say na abroad oo grin

Ordinarily, Nigerian university, if you didn't do well say in 2 sessions out of a possible 4-yr session, if you like carry A or A+ or A++ for project, e no go push you well well oo.

The only way it can push you (project), is if your 2.2 Gp is near 2.1(then your project can boost you to 2.1) or if your current GP 2.1 is near first class(then it will boost you to first class). And you still have to do well in final year ooo.
Anything aside that, your project can do Nada to the best of my understanding
But not close to 2.1, okay when I say I did well once e no mean I enter lower grin
You know we have different expectations my own target was to graduate with 2.1 so anything below that na failure
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:18am On Mar 10, 2021
BlueRayDick:

You obviously didn't have a bad result. If u had bad result and followed it by average u definitely won't have an above average result at the end of the day. When I say bad result, I mean having carryovers( The 's" is very important), i mean having 6 carryovers in 11 courses. Then when I say average result, it means having "C" grade in all subjects.

Now I put it to you that in the present Nigerian University there's no how u will have "bad" result in 100l and average result in 200l & 300l and u will still graduate with above average result. Trust me, I know a whole lot about these things. (If u still disagree I will tell my story about how hard it is to move from one class of degree all tru my time in school)

As for the away rule, trust me it is still way better than the golden goal rule that saw a whole lot of teams with strength qualify ahead of teams that play better. The away goal rule encourages you to do well on both ur home front and ur opponent's as well.
No no no
Maybe I exaggerated, anything from carry over no be bad result abeg

is a bastard, it broke my heart when turkey dumped out senegal in Korea Japan, I will never forget that guy ílar monfils cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 9:27am On Mar 10, 2021
iamoyindamola:

But not close to 2.1, okay when I say I did well once e no mean I enter lower grin
You know we have different expectations my own target was to graduate with 2.1 so anything below that na failure
Lol... Ehen, na now you come grin grin.

I think say you mean you were in low 2.2 then project and final year work push you enter 2.1
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 9:33am On Mar 10, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Golden goal Bad!
Chai grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:35am On Mar 10, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Wengay would have find a better place for xhaka maybe cm not dm
As for lacazette I'm sure he found immediately he got him he went for auba straight away
For the first time you spoke good of 'Wengay'...
smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:21pm On Mar 11, 2021
Line up

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:31pm On Mar 11, 2021
But then, which kain lineup bdis kwanu?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 9:32pm On Mar 11, 2021
with the way arteta is utilizing willian over pepe and martinelli, one will think that willian is either our next prodigy or £75million investment
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:38pm On Mar 11, 2021
What a thunderbolt by odegaard.

Exactly what I've been needing from an Am
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:41pm On Mar 11, 2021
kodded:
with the way arteta is utilizing willian over pepe and martinelli, one will think that willian is either our next prodigy or £75million investment
Me ehn, I just believe there's some kind of contract playing clause Willian signed, that if he doesn't reach so so matches or so so minutes, arsenal will give Chelsea some money. Else I don't see any reason he's always shoving willian down our throats
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:19pm On Mar 11, 2021
Passing from back will not kill us oo
God forbid!!

Another goal conceded from passing out from back. This time, Leno and ceballos are the culprits
Chai

Which kain gifting we just dey gift opponents like this?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:03am On Mar 12, 2021
We easily could have conceded 3 goals from errant passing from the back.. It doesn’t seem to matter the combination or the players involved, we have self destruct buttons attached to our jerseys..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:28am On Mar 12, 2021
Whew!
I was watching the match with the scores @ 1-0 ; I thought arsenal was going to add 2 more goals with the way were playing. I slept off and woke to see the final score at 3-1.

It's now like a common thing for us to always expect drama in any of our matches now. I really don't know what is wrong with Ceballos' confidence he seems to have lost it. He almost cost us the Europa league match and he was almost repeating same yesterday ; losing the ball in critical areas on the pitch. I just hope they don't continue this late drama against more quality opponents cos it will hurt us pretty soon.

I don't know if it's just me, but Bellerin is utterly useless going forward. He's always two steps behind every other person in the team; he hardly controls the ball once and keeps dishing out rubbish cross from the right flank. I just hope the board will put an end to our misery by getting a good RB who will serve us well in the next season. That RB posing little threat attack-wise is one of the reasons we don't get to score more goals like dem Chelsea, Man city, loserpool etc that have good attack minded RB
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:28am On Mar 12, 2021
Roland17:
We easily could have conceded 3 goals from errant passing from the back.. It doesn’t seem to matter the combination or the players involved, we have self destruct buttons attached to our jerseys..
it's unbelievable! I mean, this guys are professionals and will be learning it everyday at training. How they still make mistakes here and there is really really a big concern
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:42am On Mar 12, 2021
BlueRayDick:
Whew!
I was watching the match with the scores @ 1-0 ; I thought arsenal was going to add 2 more goals with the way were playing. I slept off and woke to see the final score at 3-1.

It's now like a common thing for us to always expect drama in any of our matches now. I really don't know what is wrong with Ceballos' confidence he seems to have lost it. He almost cost us the Europa league match and he was almost repeating same yesterday ; losing the ball in critical areas on the pitch. I just hope they don't continue this late drama against more quality opponents cos it will hurt us pretty soon.

I don't know if it's just me, but Bellerin is utterly useless going forward. He's always two steps behind every other person in the team; he hardly controls the ball once and keeps dishing out rubbish cross from the right flank. I just hope the board will put an end to our misery by getting a good RB who will serve us well in the next season. That RB posing little threat attack-wise is one of the reasons we don't get to score more goals like dem Chelsea, Man city, loserpool etc that have good attack minded RB
Lol... Me too, I slept off during 2nd half after their goal. I guess it was really a long day that caused it, cos this is the first time I slept off while watching an arsenal match.

As for bellerin, we shouldn't even look far this season sef. Cedric is better than him. I don't know what bellerin brings in that team that Arteta sees, but mehn, the guy is so poor going forward and even his attacking plays are poor. No wonder anyone playing Right wing flops bar saka.
Rumors are flying here and there that he might be sold next summer. I just hope it's true and let us get a competent Rb. And also, if Arteta can start using Cedric over him, e go make sense
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:55am On Mar 12, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... Me too, I slept off during 2nd half after their goal. I guess it was really a long day that caused it, cos this is the first time I slept off while watching an arsenal match.

As for bellerin, we shouldn't even look far this season sef. Cedric is better than him. I don't know what bellerin brings in that team that Arteta sees, but mehn, the guy is so poor going forward and even his attacking plays are poor. No wonder anyone playing Right wing flops bar saka.
Rumors are flying here and there that he might be sold next summer. I just hope it's true and let us get a competent Rb. And also, if Arteta can start using Cedric over him, e go make sense

I think Cedric is already ahead of Bellerin in the pecking order in EPL, he just used Bellerin in Europa being cup match and try to give Cedric a break ( I may be wrong tho).
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:02am On Mar 12, 2021
Roland17:
Leno he is the ticking time bomb

(1) (2) (3) ... (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.