Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,374 members, 7,861,030 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:26 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2359459 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) ... (3548) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:07am On Mar 12, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Leno he is the ticking time bomb

There's no perfect keeper. Leno has been better than most of our number 1 in recent past. He makes better and unbelievable saves compared to dem Alumunia....scezney.....Fabianski....cech....etc.

I know u still think keeping Martinez and Leno would've been a better thing to do but then how do u keep someone who doesn't want to stay na....The only way Martinez was ever going to be our number 1 is if Leno had a long term injury that keeps him out for a very long.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:26am On Mar 12, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I think Cedric is already ahead of Bellerin in the pecking order in EPL, he just used Bellerin in Europa being cup match and try to give Cedric a break ( I may be wrong tho).
Lol... Cedric is back to bench.
I'm just hoping you're right, but then Arteta can play bellerin on Thurs, still play him on Sunday again.
I think bellerin is part of Arteta's untouchables
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:39am On Mar 12, 2021
BlueRayDick:

There's no perfect keeper. Leno has been better than most of our number 1 in recent past. He makes better and unbelievable saves compared to dem Alumunia....scezney.....Fabianski....cech....etc.

I know u still think keeping Martinez and Leno would've been a better thing to do but then how do u keep someone who doesn't want to stay na....The only way Martinez was ever going to be our number 1 is if Leno had a long term injury that keeps him out for a very long.

Olympiakos failed to punish them the first time, Georgios Masouras blasting wastefully over after David Luiz had lost possession in his own box shortly after the opening goal, but Dani Ceballos wasn't so lucky for Youssef El-Arabi's equaliser.

He was landed in trouble by Bernd Leno's poor choice of pass - the goalkeeper was partly at fault for Granit Xhaka's error against Burnley on Saturday too - but it was another example of carelessness from a player whose mistakes almost cost Arsenal a place in the last-16 against Benfica

That post was copied from skysports and if I were Martinez I won't stay either especially when I'm better than the number 1.
We never see anything we will Scape goat thousand players to make Leno look good.
He's still a ticking time bomb waiting to explode

Btw,the job of goalkeeper is to make saves why not compare him with Martinez instead

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:18am On Mar 12, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Olympiakos failed to punish them the first time, Georgios Masouras blasting wastefully over after David Luiz had lost possession in his own box shortly after the opening goal, but Dani Ceballos wasn't so lucky for Youssef El-Arabi's equaliser.

He was landed in trouble by Bernd Leno's poor choice of pass - the goalkeeper was partly at fault for Granit Xhaka's error against Burnley on Saturday too - but it was another example of carelessness from a player whose mistakes almost cost Arsenal a place in the last-16 against Benfica

That post was copied from skysports and if I were Martinez I won't stay either especially when I'm better than the number 1.
We never see anything we will Scape goat thousand players to make Leno look good.
He's still a ticking time bomb waiting to explode

Btw,the job of goalkeeper is to make saves why not compare him with Martinez instead

I don't understand you , do u honestly think Arsenal playing from the back is the brain work of the players ? If u don’t know , that’s part of Arteta’s tactics, similar to what his boss Pep does at man city. No matter errors that results from that he will continue to play it so far he keeps getting results .

I watched the burnley game and I really don’t understand why anybody will blame Leno for that game. Someone rightly pointed it out here that Elneny, Partey have received the ball in more tighter position than Xhaka received and they were able to beat the press. Xhaka’s skill set is limited when he’s with the ball at his feet and we all know this , he tried to play a blind pass across the field ( which he always do most times and gets lucky with it ) , how is that Leno’s fault ?

As for comparing Leno and Martinez , we all know how Leno was exposed to numerous shots by our useless defensive play in Good Ebening’s last season and we saw the number of saved he made proving himself to be a top shot stepper despite having useless defenders playing in front of him.

I know someone u think Leno is prone to errors but so is Martinez. Despite playing for few months for us , I saw Martinez’s errors but he was lucky it didn’t lead to goal unlike Leno’s. Martinez nearly gave a goal away vs Chelsea in the FA cup final but we got lucky. I know Leno has his faults but I honestly don’t think Martinez is better than him, at most I rate them at par.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:13am On Mar 12, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I don't understand you , do u honestly think Arsenal playing from the back is the brain work of the players ? If u don’t know , that’s part of Arteta’s tactics, similar to what his boss Pep does at man city. No matter errors that results from that he will continue to play it so far he keeps getting results .

I watched the burnley game and I really don’t understand why anybody will blame Leno for that game. Someone rightly pointed it out here that Elneny, Partey have received the ball in more tighter position than Xhaka received and they were able to beat the press. Xhaka’s skill set is limited when he’s with the ball at his feet and we all know this , he tried to play a blind pass across the field ( which he always do most times and gets lucky with it ) , how is that Leno’s fault ?

As for comparing Leno and Martinez , we all know how Leno was exposed to numerous shots by our useless defensive play in Good Ebening’s last season and we saw the number of saved he made proving himself to be a top shot stepper despite having useless defenders playing in front of him.

I know someone u think Leno is prone to errors but so is Martinez. Despite playing for few months for us , I saw Martinez’s errors but he was lucky it didn’t lead to goal unlike Leno’s. Martinez nearly gave a goal away vs Chelsea in the FA cup final but we got lucky. I know Leno has his faults but I honestly don’t think Martinez is better than him, at most I rate them at par.
We keep blaming others for leno's mistake, martinez also kept under ebening with same useless claimed defenders.
After xhaka leno tops the error leading to goal for arsenal but instead we will find blame push to the players.
Na here we they na abi no be leno again we go soon blame arsene wengay for his mistake
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:23am On Mar 12, 2021
Roland17:
We easily could have conceded 3 goals from errant passing from the back.. It doesn’t seem to matter the combination or the players involved, we have self destruct buttons attached to our jerseys..
Pascal Cygan, to Philippe Senderos,Kosciely,Luiz,Mustafi,Sokratis,Niles
Xhaka,Kolasinac and now Ceballos/Leno.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:24am On Mar 12, 2021
iamoyindamola:

We keep blaming others for leno's mistake, martinez also kept under ebening with same useless claimed defenders.
After xhaka leno tops the error leading to goal for arsenal but instead we will find blame push to the players.
Na here we they na abi no be leno again we go soon blame arsene wengay for his mistake

U see ehn, when u don't like a player u go all out to condemn him and dwell so much on his mistakes when in fact other players are as guilty as such player. I just gave u an example of how Martinez's error almost led to a goal, but u side-stepped it.

I remember the other day u praised Martinez for one good save he made at Villa, I posted a baddass save Leno made vs Loserpool and u just side-step it too. You see ehn, Arsenal Leno and Martinez are both great keepers we couldn't afford to keep , one was bound to leave. It's just like when Saka came to limelight, imagine if Pepe also plays excellently well like Saka, do u think we won't be forced to sell Saka when his contract was almost expiring and we have interest from other clubs?

For the umpteenth time, selling either of Leno or Martinez was inevitable at that point.....The management chose Leno and that's that. Blaming Leno for Xhaka's error as a result of playing from the back( Which is obviously the coach's instruction) is quite unfair if you ask me.

By the way, u are the one who blames ex-coaches (in person of Wenger and Good Ebening ) for our present woes. Me i dey look who fumble talk am as I see am
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:39am On Mar 12, 2021
iamoyindamola:

I also prefer Martinez to Leno, Leno's best attribute is stopping long range shots and fans get excited by that a lot, but for me ability to organize,give defenders calmness and confidence and avoiding erratic displays tops it for me and Martinez is good at that.

However, I won't blame Leno for Xhaka's and Ceballos mistakes.

I don't know if its the coach's job or the personnel, persistent errors leading to goals has been Arsenal's mark.
And for me, its even worse when its coming from experienced professionals, little wonder the youngsters in defensive areas at Arsenal are not that much exciting.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:20am On Mar 12, 2021
BlueRayDick:

U see ehn, when u don't like a player u go all out to condemn him and dwell so much on his mistakes when in fact other players are as guilty as such player. I just gave u an example of how Martinez's error almost led to a goal, but u side-stepped it.

I remember the other day u praised Martinez for one good save he made at Villa, I posted a baddass save Leno made vs Loserpool and u just side-step it too. You see ehn, Arsenal Leno and Martinez are both great keepers we couldn't afford to keep , one was bound to leave. It's just like when Saka came to limelight, imagine if Pepe also plays excellently well like Saka, do u think we won't be forced to sell Saka when his contract was almost expiring and we have interest from other clubs?

For the umpteenth time, selling either of Leno or Martinez was inevitable at that point.....The management chose Leno and that's that. Blaming Leno for Xhaka's error as a result of playing from the back( Which is obviously the coach's instruction) is quite unfair if you ask me.

By the way, u are the one who blames ex-coaches (in person of Wenger and Good Ebening ) for our present woes. Me i dey look who fumble talk am as I see am
I also posted Leno's save against palace, my own is I say it the way I see it.
He will still repeat the same mumu passing and cost us another goal, if it's luiz or any other useless defenders we will all say it why is Leno having free pass.
I don't hate I'm just tired of his stupid decision making
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:22am On Mar 12, 2021
Fkhalifa:

I also prefer Martinez to Leno, Leno's best attribute is stopping long range shots and fans get excited by that a lot, but for me ability to organize,give defenders calmness and confidence and avoiding erratic displays tops it for me and Martinez is good at that.

However, I won't blame Leno for Xhaka's and Ceballos mistakes.

I don't know if its the coach's job or the personnel, persistent errors leading to goals has been Arsenal's mark.
And for me, its even worse when its coming from experienced professionals, little wonder the youngsters in defensive areas at Arsenal are not that much exciting.
See Martinez have everything ahead of that German jare
We just no wan admit we sell the wrong keeper
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 1:46pm On Mar 12, 2021
iamoyindamola:

See Martinez have everything ahead of that German jare
We just no wan admit we sell the wrong keeper
but how many brain fart players villa get ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:13pm On Mar 12, 2021
kodded:
but how many brain fart players villa get ?
Are you saying villa defenders are better than ours shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 2:23pm On Mar 12, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Are you saying villa defenders are better than ours shocked
you do know I'm referring to the error made by our players and not the whole ability itself

i ask again, how many brain fart incidents has happened to martinez and his defenders in aston villa ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2021
kodded:
you do know I'm referring to the error made by our players and not the whole ability itself

i ask again, how many brain fart incidents has happened to martinez and his defenders in aston villa ?
Exactly what i'm saying, do you mean our defenders are better yet still have brain fart.
From all i can gather, villa players will rather play safe than complicate or put themselves in a tight corner.
What lead to brainfart?
1. Stupid unnecessary passes from the back
2. Seeing trouble lurking and still ignore till it's late
I can list alot
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
Match day against Tottenham with us having a fully fit squad

Hope we get 3 points against them tho, even tho I know they're in good run of form
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jodera:
Match day against Tottenham with us having a fully fit.

Hope we get 3 points against them tho, even tho I know they're in good run of form

I hope Bellerin doesn't start because Son will surely try to exploit his side of the defence. I want Cedric playing at RB so we can have someone not only holding the right side defensively but also supporting Saka/Pepe upfront
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:46pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... Cedric is back to bench.
I'm just hoping you're right, but then Arteta can play bellerin on Thurs, still play him on Sunday again.
I think bellerin is part of Arteta's untouchables
Bellerin for me is better than Cedric based on him having more experience. Apart from that they are both very similar players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:59pm On Mar 14, 2021
Spy360:

Bellerin for me is better than Cedric based on him having more experience. Apart from that they are both very similar players.
Experience??
How does experience makes him better?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I hope Bellerin doesn't start because Son will surely try to exploit his side of the defence. I want Cedric playing at RB so we can have someone not only holding the right side defensively but also supporting Saka/Pepe upfront
Seconded!!
Just hoping Arteta does such, but I doubt it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jodera:
Experience??
How does experience makes him better?
Like I said, they are both very similar players with similar attributes. Only experience makes Bellerin a preferred choice.

To face Son, I would rather use Chambers.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:25pm On Mar 14, 2021
Spy360:

Like I said, they are both very similar players with similar attributes. Only experience makes Bellerin a preferred choice.

To face Son, I would rather use Chambers.
Well... I understand now, it's just preference of the 3.

My choice amongst the 3, I prefer Cedric. Cos he offers attack and defence at an optimum level.

Bellerin... Low attack, not so bad defence.
Chambers... Low attack, good defence
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2021
Seems Arteta was to hold the middle/possession, and exchanges.

Nice seeing Cedric to be honest.
But would have preferred pepe to ESR in that wing, while ESR for odegaard.

Anyways, fingers crossed

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:07pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jodera:
Seems Arteta was to hold the middle/possession, and exchanges.

Nice seeing Cedric to be honest.
But would have preferred pepe to ESR in that wing, while ESR for odegaard.

Anyways, fingers crossed
The line up is just OK. I think Arteta is rotating especially his front men. EL is much more important for us now. All those big game players must be reserved for cup games.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:09pm On Mar 14, 2021
Auba on bench for disciplinary issue

Hmmmmmm
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2021
Spy360:

The line up is just OK. I think Arteta is rotating especially his front men. EL is much more important for us now. All those big game players must be reserved for cup games.
Yes... True
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Auba on bench for disciplinary issue

Hmmmmmm
do you know the details about the issue?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:43pm On Mar 14, 2021
This game is all about pride for me, not necessarily about the points because I don't think we can make the top 6, especially when you consider the consistency of the teams challenging for those spots. Our only chance of getting into Europe next season will be winning the Europa League.

I want to see a strong performance, I hate losing to Spuds!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:45pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jodera:
do you know the details about the issue?

Arrived late for pregame team meeting and this is not the 1st or 2nd time.

He is the captain of this team, he has to show more accountability and responsibility.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:46pm On Mar 14, 2021
ESR hits the cross bar.. Good to see the lads taking shots from outside the box
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:49pm On Mar 14, 2021
An excellent start to the game. Arteta's tactics is spot on thus far. I don't expect Spuds to remain this way, so it would be interesting to see how Arteta adapts to the changes Mou will employ. We are enjoying a lot of incisive possession from the left side with ESR and Tierney who have both been impressive.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:54pm On Mar 14, 2021
We are moving the ball from the different positions very fast and that has unsettled Spuds. Also, the press has looked coordinated.

We just have to score! We absolutely need to take advantage of this dominance, otherwise, it is just 0-0
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:57pm On Mar 14, 2021
Lacazette should be hitting the target there!

ESR on a mission today! He is taking this one personal..

(1) (2) (3) ... (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) ... (3548) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.