Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2332447 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) (2221) ... (3519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2021
SodO9:

Are you afraid of bringing out the figures
A little hint the man broke his transfer record twice in a season from buying lacazette to getting aubameyang that's 100m combined
Then we have ozil, welbeck, chambers, holding that's another 125m how much remain to make it 300m
Okay I still remember Sanchez 35m, Perez 10m, oh xhakaboom another 35m grin
Wait a minute we have already exceeded and above 300m 2 managers spent between themselves

Bros rest you hear
bro you no get, I am neither for you nor spy in this opinion on wenger. i only wanted to cause small trouble between you two cheesy

I see what you did by bolding Xhaka though. wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SodO9: 4:32pm On Jun 10, 2021
kodded:
you forget lord mustafi cheesy
God bless you
I actually forgot him grin
I also skipped some of the players
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SodO9: 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2021
Fkhalifa:

bro you no get, I am neither for you nor spy in this opinion on wenger. i only wanted to cause small trouble between you two cheesy

I see what you did by bolding Xhaka though. wink
I know that's your plan
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:38pm On Jun 10, 2021
Fkhalifa:

The latter part of his stint is what i am referring to.
I end it here, there's no point.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:41pm On Jun 10, 2021
Question for the fans

Why do you think Saka was preferred over the likes of Greenwood and Lingard in earning a place in the England Euro squad?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:14pm On Jun 10, 2021
SodO9:

God bless you
I actually forgot him grin
I also skipped some of the players

U deliberately skipped Mustafi, don't lie grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2021
Spy360:
Question for the fans

Why do you think Saka was preferred over the likes of Greenwood and Lingard in earning a place in the England Euro squad?

Only the coach can answer this question accurately well. Maybe cos he can function in both offensive and defensive roles when the need be....Or maybe he's just the coach's favorite and nothing more.

Whichever it is, he deserves it and should do well when he's called upon by the gaffer at any point in the competition.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SodO9: 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2021
BlueRayDick:

U deliberately skipped Mustafi, don't lie grin
I swear I missed him unintentionally
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Only the coach can answer this question accurately well. Maybe cos he can function in both offensive and defensive roles when the need be....Or maybe he's just the coach's favorite and nothing more.

Whichever it is, he deserves it and should do well when he's called upon by the gaffer at any point in the competition.
Saka is a utility player, and that has given him the edge over the likes of Greenwood despite he having the better stats.

The point I want to raise here is that, some players may look average but because they have the ability to contribute in many ways than others, they will always find a spot in the coaches plans.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:51am On Jun 11, 2021
Leicester will sign Bissouma in case Ndidi leave this summer.
There goes another one
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:56am On Jun 11, 2021
Practices make perfect.

I think AMN should be given a sizeable game time in midfield. If he plays there constantly, he might improve. I don't just want us to discard him yet especially when the club is not willing to slash the cash.

I may get roasted for this but I will still have Guen back. Let's cast aside his attitude and focus on his talent. The only problem I have with him is that he do falls easily SO DOES XHAKA.

just my opinion sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2021
E ni nice weekend o ... Assnal must pop up shaa ni grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2021
mostob:
Practices make perfect.

I think AMN should be given a sizeable game time in midfield. If he plays there constantly, he might improve. I don't just want us to discard him yet especially when the club is not willing to slash the cash.

I may get roasted for this but I will still have Guen back. Let's cast aside his attitude and focus on his talent. The only problem I have with him is that he do falls easily SO DOES XHAKA.

just my opinion sha
bro you got it already. you don't talk like that of Guen here and not get roasted lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2021
mostob:
Practices make perfect.

just my opinion sha
Move on from Guen. That's an advise.

As for AMN, I think he cuts it better at RB or RWB, he's the TAA type. Had he focused on that position, with his ability to take on his man he would have made the Euros. I'd say we keep him as a squad player.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:37pm On Jun 11, 2021
Spy360:

Move on from Guen. That's an advise.

As for AMN, I think he cuts it better at RB or RWB, he's the TAA type. Had he focused on that position, with his ability to take on his man he would have made the Euros. I'd say we keep him as a squad player.
Well, I feel the same too. Lauren, Eboue and Cole were perfect examples that can be likened to him. I will like to have him here next season.

And why should I move on from Guen if I may ask?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:43pm On Jun 11, 2021
Fkhalifa:

bro you got it already. you don't talk like that of Guen here and not get roasted lipsrsealed
Bro..the more I think about it, the more I understand the Brighton incident.

I think his motive was spot on, just that he went about it the wrong way. I guess he wanted to stand up to Maupay due to Leno incident but chose the wrong weapon.

Our midfield, throughout last season lacked bite and sharpness. The Guen I watch In his first season here still has something to offer us
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:21pm On Jun 11, 2021
mostob:
Well, I feel the same too. Lauren, Eboue and Cole were perfect examples that can be likened to him. I will like to have him here next season.

And why should I move on from Guen if I may ask?
He has moved on from Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:34pm On Jun 11, 2021
I understand Arteta is pushing for Arsenal to sign Brighton Defender Ben White! Who do is this thing abeg? What in God’s name is the motive behind signing another defender? Arteta is horrible, you can’t make these things up.

Our squad is littered with defenders and this man wants to add another one? Shouldn’t we we focusing on our midfield and attack? To imagine we will be spending around 40M for a defender that is not better than Holding… God I just hope this is a joke or some sort of nightmare..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:48am On Jun 12, 2021
#48 and #49(Ben White)

July still dey
August still dey.

Defender again?!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:07am On Jun 12, 2021
Leaked.. cry

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:51am On Jun 12, 2021
daveP:
Leaked.. cry

I just hate all dis our nonsense red and white jerseys they've been doing of recent. Can't these guys get innovative?

It's just same old boring red and white that keeps getting less catchy every year. That's why I stopped buying these red and white and for 3 years straight I've bought the away jersey and third kits.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:01am On Jun 12, 2021
Roland17:
I understand Arteta is pushing for Arsenal to sign Brighton Defender Ben White! Who do is this thing abeg? What in God’s name is the motive behind signing another defender? Arteta is horrible, you can’t make these things up.

Our squad is littered with defenders and this man wants to add another one? Shouldn’t we we focusing on our midfield and attack? To imagine we will be spending around 40M for a defender that is not better than Holding… God I just hope this is a joke or some sort of nightmare..

I guess he just doesn't believe in attacking football.

This may seem out of place, but I'm thinking Arteta believes what killed Arsene Wenger in his later years was getting fixated on attacking football and not on defence. You know most times we see someone we look up to make some mistakes, we swear not to make same and do everything possible to always do the direct opposite of what that mentor/father figure did. Example is if one's father married more than one wife and he's always carrying responsibility of his extended family and somehow his life was cut short as a result of this ; such person's son will most likely not only run away from polygamy but also avoid extended family matters.

It's obvious Arteta's close affinity with Pep couldn't make him see attacking football as the ideal in modern times, guess our man can't still shake off that believe that a good defence could've seen Wenger in his later years dominate England and Europe at large.

Unfortunately, Arteta's idea of defence first before attack seem to have gone with the Era the great AC Milan team dominated Europe. It just doesn't work anymore
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:11am On Jun 12, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I just hate all dis our nonsense red and white jerseys they've been doing of recent. Can't these guys get innovative?

It's just same old boring red and white that keeps getting less catchy every year. That's why I stopped buying these red and white and for 3 years straight I've bought the away jersey and third kits.
Lol.

You were almost crying there. Manage the away kit, it's still Arsenal isn't it?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:17am On Jun 12, 2021
Roland17:

I am not making an excuse for him, but what we don't know is what happens behind closed doors. Are they planning to sell a defender? Is it about the home grown issue? Or the politics of the owners? Or probably it's just speculation, testing our bargaining power? Many reasons to give. Because I just can't imagine Arteta or all those people at the Emirates being so stupid. I mean that so stupid.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:20am On Jun 12, 2021
Spy360:

Lol.

You were almost crying there. Manage the away kit, it's still Arsenal isn't it?

Yes ó....e pain me cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2021
Enjoy your youth and Adulthood grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:07pm On Jun 12, 2021
Spy360:
He has moved on from Arsenal.
maybe
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:36pm On Jun 12, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I guess he just doesn't believe in attacking football.

This may seem out of place, but I'm thinking Arteta believes what killed Arsene Wenger in his later years was getting fixated on attacking football and not on defence. You know most times we see someone we look up to make some mistakes, we swear not to make same and do everything possible to always do the direct opposite of what that mentor/father figure did. Example is if one's father married more than one wife and he's always carrying responsibility of his extended family and somehow his life was cut short as a result of this ; such person's son will most likely not only run away from polygamy but also avoid extended family matters.

It's obvious Arteta's close affinity with Pep couldn't make him see attacking football as the ideal in modern times, guess our man can't still shake off that believe that a good defence could've seen Wenger in his later years dominate England and Europe at large.

Unfortunately, Arteta's idea of defence first before attack seem to have gone with the Era the great AC Milan team dominated Europe. It just doesn't work anymore

I can see your angle very well bro but one would think he should have been influenced by his most recent experience. Arteta did not spend a lot of time with Wenger, Infact he was not in his prime when he joined us and don’t forget it wasn’t like he was such an offensively gifted player. I still believe the stage is too big for him and he is struggling to cope with the expectations of leading a club like Arsenal.

Even the great era of my Milan teams with great defense boasted of the best midfielders and potent forwards which provided some balance. Mourinho’s Inter Milan were the more defensive team who were built to win games with a single goal. Arteta should have interned with Mourinho. Arteta style of play is totally against the philosophy of our team and “Haram” as @sod09 puts it. It does not build any kind of confidence that the team can win games convincingly.

Baba, this coming season is our biggest chance to rebuild fan confidence by making it into the top 4. We don’t have any European competition, so that means we will be playing every weekend for the most part. That is a huge advantage in managing the squad/ injuries and getting good trainings in but watch Arteta screw everything.

It appears we are stuck with him going into the season. One thing I will never do is to wish our team bad results because I don’t like the coach. I was an Arsenal fan before Arteta laced his boots for Arsenal and I will be here supporting this team despite the pains after he leaves. If he turns it around good and fine but I hope he gets the boot because I don’t see what the marvel is about him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:36pm On Jun 12, 2021
fredoooooo:
Enjoy your youth and Adulthood grin

Good Ebening angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2021
BlueRayDick:

The flashback to Days of the Past Glory is what the club is best known for. When the Days of Our Future Past go happen remains to be seen.

Nostalgiamaniacs!!!
Very tiring
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:58pm On Jun 12, 2021
So much for the man that wants to make profits and not win Trophies.... embarassed

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SodO9: 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2021
If we are looking for cheap players Arteta and edu better be watching euros and Copa America
That mbabu look good and emboli is more direct than Pepe,Danny ward is also a good back up keeper

(1) (2) (3) ... (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) (2221) ... (3519) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.