Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,255 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2313126 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) (2278) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by obainojazz(m): 12:51am On Aug 14, 2021
If Messi can leave Barcelona, why y’all still supporting Arsenals?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:42am On Aug 14, 2021
kokaneprodigy:

No!

We need more CBs
You are dull
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:48am On Aug 14, 2021
nihilistjnr:

This man said by city game Arsenal will be flirting with relegation grin grin grin grin grin

As if Arsenal are not number 20 on the table right now
Call it the great LEAP.

Start of season... 1st position
After one game... 20th position

Next to this feat is the moon LANDING
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 14, 2021
nihilistjnr:

So Ben White is not enough?
We need 5 more CBs,
Defence wins you league.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:11am On Aug 14, 2021
daveP:

Are the players upfront to blame really? Didn't you see Pepe was double marked from start to finish? Lol. He can't beat those two built gymnasts. Forget. If we are volatile to put blame, na Arteta o.

He's the sole reason that Leno keeps being robotic. I dunno which mumu button he dey use hold Leno. I still dont.

Leno will be the most obedient GK in the world no doubt!! Chai. Raya kept budeying the ball and got two goals. Our build from back crap only made these defenders look foolish. I think the defenders that are still not far from average should not be burdened with the job of Midfielders for now. A new approach...

I really do not get this constant blame u guys keep putting on Leno for trying to start play from the back as he's instructed.

Didn't u notice that all the times he plays a long punt into Brentford's half Balogun failed to win most if not all the resultant aerial battles?.....Like we don't have players strong in the air who can win ball off goalkicks like we had in dem Giroud. It just amounts to waste of possession playing budey like u people are hoping.

If u don't believe this go and watch the replay of the game. Almost all the budey from Raya either won or keenly contested by their front men while ours keep finding it's way back to midfield or to their goalkeeper after their defenders must have dealt with it.

One thing is clear, Arteta seem not to have an idea of how to solve this problem and I see more teams captilizijgbon it; teams like Crystal place, Aston Villa, Burnley, Brighton etc will make Arteta regret this stupid Ben white transfer

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coded01: 6:17am On Aug 14, 2021
Una still dey comment for here... Shame no make una close this thread grin grin grin

Finally reborn ko, finally reborn ni... grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 7:18am On Aug 14, 2021
Im not suprised in the resukt yesterday, A £60 million maddison was needed in that match over a £50 million ben white.

I see no reason why saliba can not be given a chance when the likes of mari and holding are in the squad undecided

The only positives in this loss is that it will force the club to bring in a more experienced CAM like maddison, but even maddison is not enough because we still need a winger that will mount the LW position, because as it stands, Pepe, Nelson, Abuneyang, ESR, willian and martinelli are not ready yet for that LW position at all, infact the only creatuve force we have in that left is from Tierney, and that has been one of our major problem since last season, such a shame that arteta was blind to see it.

Now the season has not even started and we have continued to rely on young saka again, such a shame from a club that had over £75million to spend in the summer sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:28am On Aug 14, 2021
kodded:
Im not suprised in the resukt yesterday, A £60 million maddison was needed in that match over a £50 million ben white.

I see no reason why saliba can not be given a chance when the likes of mari and holding are in the squad undecided

The only positives in this loss is that it will force the club to bring in a more experienced CAM like maddison, but even maddison is not enough because we still need a winger that will mount the LW position, because as it stands, Pepe, Nelson, Abuneyang, ESR, willian and martinelli are not ready yet for that LW position at all, infact the only creatuve force we have in that left is from Tierney, and that has been one of our major problem since last season, such a shame that arteta was blind to see it.

Now the season has not even started and we have continued to rely on young saka again, such a shame from a club that had over £75million to spend in the summer sad

U see, the reason that right side of attack is dead is because there's no decent RB to pair with Pepe on that right side. Yesterday while Pepe was being double marked a decent RB would fin way to run behind pepe’s markers thereby giving him options of either dribbling or laying a pass ; the kind of options dem Alexander Arnold gives u.

Chambers is too static to be a decent RB that gives attacking options . If we don’t want to attack only tru the left, then we need to add a RB along with AM to that team
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 8:49am On Aug 14, 2021
Guess who Xhaka passed to?
I don't know why we have to rely on KT as our only creative outlet, they keep giving him the ball to cross with none of our players in the box to connect with the ball

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:35am On Aug 14, 2021
Eawwal:
Guess who Xhaka passed to?
I don't know why we have to rely on KT as our only creative outlet, they keep giving him the ball to cross with none of our players in the box to connect with the ball
This is not even about relying on KT sef, diz is a Pure case of Visionless uncreative and unproductive midfielder.
No wonder we never had any big chance created!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:10am On Aug 14, 2021
4 Things I learned during the game

1.. Something is definitely wrong with Arteta's tactics. There's a reason why we hardly create at least 1 big chance per game and this can't be because we lack good Am. We all know that our strikers/forward aren't good aerially, instead they're good at low balls(either a pass or through pass). But Arteta has turned us into a crossing team where Tierney will spam crosses or Chambers will. Hardly do we see line breaking through pass. The first thing our midfielders does after doing their stupid possession Is to pass to the fullbacks. Burnley 2.0 vibes

2.. Hats off to lokonga and ESR. They were the only 2 bright light aside Tierney. This is the reason why we want balogun to be a back up option in order to grow into the team. Even tho ystdy was not his day, but at least, he'll know how life in premier league is through ystdys game and I hope he learns from it.

3... We lack aerial presence and a leader in defence. 2nd goal just reminded me the of Rory delap days in Stoke city and how they use such throw ins to finish us. How our defenders couldn't clear that is a world wonder. How Leno allowed himself to be bullied without putting up a fight in his goal side area is baffling

4... We might say we need Am, Cm, Rb and all, but if Arteta doesn't work on his tactics and tell Xhaka to go back to his bench instead of building our midfield around him, we'll continue to fall prey to teams who play counter press and also lack the needed mobility midfield ought to offer.

I drop my pen here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by OfficialDJ: 10:15am On Aug 14, 2021
SACK THAT SPANISH FRAUD ARTETA... angry

I've been an Arsenal fan since 2001,and never has my team been this pathetic...
I'm not watching any arsenal games until that visionless FRAUD called ARTETA is gone!!

angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by OfficialDJ: 10:16am On Aug 14, 2021
SACK THAT SPANISH FRAUD ARTETA...

I've been an Arsenal fan since 2001,and never has my team been this pathetic...
I'm not watching any arsenal games until that visionless FRAUD called ARTETA is gone!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Payporte: 10:21am On Aug 14, 2021
First matchday see lamentations grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Barryseal: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2021
I watch the bundesliga and theres no way someone can convince me that Mary and Chambers are better defenders than Mavropanos. No fvcking way
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by OfficialDJ: 10:44am On Aug 14, 2021
Barryseal:
I watch the bundesliga and theres no way someone can convince me that Mary and Chambers are better defenders than Mavropanos. No fvcking way
no be only Mary na Kate grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:55am On Aug 14, 2021
Barryseal:
I have been signing that boy name since forever
That lad got plenty potential waiting for a good coach , I won't be surprise if Bayern recruit him soon
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 14, 2021
kodded:

We need more CBs!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2021
kodded:
Im not suprised in the resukt yesterday, A £60 million maddison was needed in that match (

Does he play CB?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 11:19am On Aug 14, 2021
Yesterday honestly I love the result because over the years our board and management only procrastinate till they see bad result. Arteta is not our saviour he is more interested in building defence but if a team mount pressure on you how can you attack them.

I for one was very happy when we wanted to sell Xhaka cos we always play defensive minded midfielders who are still average. It is a shame that lokonga was more visible in midfield over Xhaka. I dont know how difficult it is for Arteta and the board to realise that Xhaka have no love for arsenal.
Aour is a creative midfielder but no they will not see him. We have been pursing Odegaard since day 1 like our life depend on him.

I said it here once and I will say it again, we need a striker ( please not some Abraham abeg) laca and Auba are leaving on past glory right now. Why do we keep players that are of no relevance like Nikethai . Arteta lack ambition and yesterday arsenal was looking soooooo ordinary.

It is sad but I feel that fans at the stadium should be vocal more now.

Unfortunately mehn it is hard to leave Arsenal. I honestly don't think Arteta love arsenal enough
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 11:22am On Aug 14, 2021
kokaneprodigy:

We need more CBs!!!!!!!

Honestly speaking we need to sell all of Mari, Holding and Chambers ,recall Saliba if we can and get another defender.

Mari was an eyesore yesterday, I cant fault White he was like the only defender others were too absent minded.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 11:54am On Aug 14, 2021
BlueRayDick:

U see, the reason that right side of attack is dead is because there's no decent RB to pair with Pepe on that right side. Yesterday while Pepe was being double marked a decent RB would fin way to run behind pepe’s markers thereby giving him options of either dribbling or laying a pass ; the kind of options dem Alexander Arnold gives u.

Chambers is too static to be a decent RB that gives attacking options . If we don’t want to attack only tru the left, then we need to add a RB along with AM to that team
The match showed all our weaknesses at once

Chambers was dreadful at RB

Xhaka was another passenger in the game.

Only saka was our true winger, others are just meeeh sad

Smith rowe competitior should have more experience than ESR, because that match cried for an experienced player upfront but sadly there was none.

Our need for a creative winger that can play LW, because as it is stands, na saka go carry us for him back again o sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Barryseal: 11:59am On Aug 14, 2021
iamoyindamola:

I have been signing that boy name since forever
That lad got plenty potential waiting for a good coach , I won't be surprise if Bayern recruit him soon
Starting for Arsenal should be Mavropanos, Saliba, Gabriel rotating with a cheap, experienced defender like Vastergard and Martinez in goal. Arteta has been atrocious. Keeps making bad decisions back to back.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Barryseal: 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2021
You give this away for Mary? stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHlqhVwscEI
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2021
Barryseal:

Starting for Arsenal should be Mavropanos, Saliba, Gabriel rotating with a cheap, experienced defender like Vastergard and Martinez in goal. Arteta has been atrocious. Keeps making bad decisions back to back.
someone that chooses ben white over maddison when you have saliba coming through. The best thing this club can do right now is to sack arteta now before he does any other damage and bring in a more competent manager like zidane or conte with a promise of signing martinez, maddison, new CM, RB and LW. The transfer window ends in 2 weeks, the board can still save the season if they make the right decisions right now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2021
Jodera:
4 Things I learned during the game

1.. Something is definitely wrong with Arteta's tactics. There's a reason why we hardly create at least 1 big chance per game and this can't be because we lack good Am. We all know that our strikers/forward aren't good aerially, instead they're good at low balls(either a pass or through pass). But Arteta has turned us into a crossing team where Tierney will spam crosses or Chambers will. Hardly do we see line breaking through pass. The first thing our midfielders does after doing their stupid possession Is to pass to the fullbacks. Burnley 2.0 vibes

2.. Hats off to lokonga and ESR. They were the only 2 bright light aside Tierney. This is the reason why we want balogun to be a back up option in order to grow into the team. Even tho ystdy was not his day, but at least, he'll know how life in premier league is through ystdys game and I hope he learns from it.

3... We lack aerial presence and a leader in defence. 2nd goal just reminded me the of Rory delap days in Stoke city and how they use such throw ins to finish us. How our defenders couldn't clear that is a world wonder. How Leno allowed himself to be bullied without putting up a fight in his goal side area is baffling

4... We might say we need Am, Cm, Rb and all, but if Arteta doesn't work on his tactics and tell Xhaka to go back to his bench instead of building our midfield around him, we'll continue to fall prey to teams who play counter press and also lack the needed mobility midfield ought to offer.

I drop my pen here.
Please stop blaming Xhaka. Blame Arteta. Finish.

Every other thing you put up there is very much accurate.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 12:23pm On Aug 14, 2021
Barryseal:

Saliba has no premier league experience sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Barryseal: 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2021
kodded:
someone that chooses ben white over maddison when you have saliba coming through. The best thing this club can do right now is to sack arteta now before he does any other damage and bring in a more competent manager like zidane or conte with a promise of signing martinez, maddison, new CM, RB and LW. The transfer window ends in 2 weeks, the board can still save the season if they make the right decisions right now.
Expect to see Aaron Ramsdale in the last week of the transfer window. The incompetence is outstanding
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2021
johnjunior39:

Honestly speaking we need to sell all of Mari, Holding and Chambers ,recall Saliba if we can and get another defender.

Mari was an eyesore yesterday, I cant fault White he was like the only defender others were too absent minded.
I’m not faulting white too, even if you bring 2 VVDs and Sergio Ramos that back line will struggle.

Attack is in shambles midfield is a joke yet we keep buying CBs to perform magic. That’s my point.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2021
Barryseal:

And we are still struggling with air ball
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2021
kodded:

Everything 100% summarized in details.

Madison
Podence and a good CM would have gone a long way.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2021
Jodera:
This is not even about relying on KT sef, diz is a Pure case of Visionless uncreative and unproductive midfielder.
No wonder we never had any big chance created!!
Xhaka is too one dimensional
Imagine Fabregas,Rosicky,Ozil and Carzola in that position

(1) (2) (3) ... (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) (2278) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.