Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2331043 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2275) (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) (2281) ... (3518) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2021
BlueRayDick:

This is what we keep trying to explain but they just keep taking the whole sentence "defence wins you titles" out of context.....some Don even turn themselves to trolls of the club they claim to support sef.

Sorry to say, if that's your intention bro u just have to erase it from mind cause u stood on rebuilding a team one should start from defense which we said NO outrightly.

What jenecyde is saying there is about team lifting trophy of competition and not league cause we all know if the last Euro happen to b a league competition with what we all watched Italy won't make Top5.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2021
Akinbahm:

Sorry to say, if that's your intention bro u just have to erase it from mind cause u stood on rebuilding a team one should start from defense which we said NO outrightly.

What jenecyde is saying there is about team lifting trophy of competition and not league cause we all know if the last Euro happen to b a league competition with what we all watched Italy won't make Top5.
You're underestimating Italy boss
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2021
Akinbahm:

I'm not about to enter into a long non-produvtive argument with anybody on the need why we needed to at least get a CB last season after we had lamented about how terrible Mustafi, Papasthapopulous were and how unreliable Holding and Luiz were in the previous season.

I leave u to believe whatever u choose to believe.

This is nairaland, even those who called mustafi and Luiz clowns turned back to say we didn't need any CB....So I understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jodera:
it's crazy, yeah but that's what I'm saying.
If only he'd given balogun the chance nketiah had last season, I wouldn't have bothered.
But now, relying solely on balogun and/or nketiah is recipe for disaster

He should just look for a compromise with them, tell them they're playing for arsenal and the fans, and they should put their ego aside first(like persuade and talk to them). We don't have the talent to takeover those two if they're sidelined, and it's not as if our midfielders are popping in goals sef

Well, I read they are both being put up for sale. I honestly hope they are sold in time and their replacements bought on time before the window closes.

I honestly don't fancy undisciplined players irrespective of how incompetent the coach might be judged to be.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jodera:
Exactly our point in summary.
It's only a tall dream to think that we're hoping to win the league in this our present state

Sincerely, the thing dey tiring. No wonder some our teachers & lecturers are siddist imagine explaining till u get exhausted only for your students to b writing nonsense in exam.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jodera:
You're underestimating Italy boss

It's stupid clowngate that make them look spectacular that day.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:09pm On Aug 15, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Well, I read they are both being put up for sale. I honestly hope they are sold in time and their replacements bought on time before the window closes.

I honestly don't fancy undisciplined players irrespective of how incompetent the coach might be judged to be.
Yeah, I read they're put up on sale too, but you see that bolded, I don't think it'll happen this summer window. Like which club will be willing to sign those two on their huge wage plus give arsenal the transfer fee too, also noting we've 2weeks till the end of the window. And even if we cash in on them, how are we sure we'll get a striker, with clubs knowing fully well we'll be in a desperate position thus they might want to exploit us. These are the things I was reasoning before making my points about compromise in my previous post.
But hey, if we get it done as you hoped, then most arsenal fans will be happy, cos that's even what most arsenal fans want sef.

Honestly, I also don't fancy undisciplined players, but in this case seeing we are running out of time to sell them while getting a new striker within 2weeks, I feel we're at a disadvantage and they(laca and Auba) have all the aces.
If we had time, it would have been better
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
Akinbahm:

This would have been valid if England was the only big country they met on their road to glory
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SCOOPERJEF(m): 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2021
The wailing for this place don dey freeze my phone
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:25pm On Aug 15, 2021
SCOOPERJEF:
The wailing for this place don dey freeze my phone
For naim be say your phone go soon hang be dat cos we never start
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jodera:
so why you come disagree with me when I said xhaka should be on the bench na?? That was exactly what I meant, but with xhaka, I'm afraid Arteta won't bench him when partey returns, instead na lokonga will make way
Apologies. Probably I didn't get you well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jodera:
Lol, I know na.
You no look eye see Wenger criticism let am pass grin

But I want to ask you a question
If you're kroenke, will you bring Wenger back to take over Arteta? grin
With the way things are right now I will.
On a 1year deal while I take the time to source for a long term replacement.

Bayern did it with Jupp Heynckes whenever they are collapsing, Jupp is there to revive them until they get a proper replacement. In one of those times, he won the CL.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2021
Akinbahm:

If his point is pointless biko tell us your point.

No matter the defenders brought in if that midfield & Attack is not sorted we will still b battling with relegation bro.
It's like you and Kokane drink burukutu before reading comments. Whenever you are sober read my comments again.

For the benefit of doubt, I have been in the forefront of those demanding an AM any way and any how since last season.Those who follow my comments can attest to this. I remember telling Jode.ra sometime last season that with our defense a simple AM signing will push us higher up the table, when we argued about Leicester. It worked exactly with the emergence of ESR and Odegaard.

Recently I demanded that if we can pay 50m for a CB, then we should have no excuse paying over 60m to get Maddison.

You guys problem is simple comprehension.

My insistence that when building a team, defense FIRST before attack does not negate the fact that attack needs equal strengthening. I, Roland17, Bluraydick and Jodera who started this discussion have reached a conclusion since, yet you and that addict are still masturbating on your 'defense wins you league' snide remarks. It's all pointless and silly to be frank.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2021
Spy360:

With the way things are right now I will.
On a 1year deal while I take the time to source for a long term replacement.

Bayern did it with Jupp Heynckes whenever they are collapsing, Jupp is there to revive them until they get a proper replacement. In one of those times, he won the CL.
Hmm... You may be right tho.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jencejyde:
Looking at what has panned out so far in this Arteta regime, one thing is very clear to me. Arteta is ot a good player manager. He seems to be towing a Frank Lampard path where he always seems to have issues with senior players and whether he likes it or not, you need these experienced heads at their best to achieve anything.

It's questionable to be looking to buy 19 and 20 year olds all over the place when we have an academy to produce such. The focus should be quality players with good experience to merge with the exciting talents we have to create a balanced team capable of delivering results.

There is no excuse for him at this point and by now he should be facing the sack if results do not improve just by accumulating points but by a clear and consistent playing pattern that is exciting and creating and putting away enough chances to win games. 3 months from now is my verdict on him at this point in time
Whether he uses 10year olds or not, Arteta should be sacked by October latest if we aren't within top 4.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Firstly let me say I don't hold brief for Arteta and I don't mind whether he's sacked or not...so far the team is doing well(which of corse is not the case now)

Let me say this ; some players like to disrespect the coach especially when they feel the coach is just a few years older than them....this happens to coaches who are in their 30's coaching "senior players" approaching their 30's or already in their 30's. I personally don't support the unruly behaviors of such players. If what is being said about Auba and Laca in training is true then I don't really it's Arteta's fault..... I mean if "senior men" that are supposed to be source of inspiration to younger players are non challant about the team's plunging reputation to win Games, then what should u expect from youngsters.

Saka for one adores Auba drawing inference from the way he adores the "pepper necklace" Auba gifted him last season and how I see their chemistry on social media ; now imagine whatever nonsense Auba has going on rubs off on Saka that we all look up to, do u know we might an under 20 star player holding the club to ransom, playing when he feels he need to and even forcing his way out when we need him most?

Maybe Arteta is not a good man manager owing to how he's manage some younger players in the past, but I don't support the kind of mutiny I read is being led by our "senior men"
I get your point, just as you said it's a challenge every young manager gets.

That said, it becomes obvious when his tactics arent being appreciated. For example playing Auba out of position.

Against Brentford he should have moved Saka to RW and Nelson to LW, but he did the opposite. He made Martinelli redundant the entire match. When a managers tactics isn't selling you start getting stories like having issues with senior players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jencejyde:
On the defense wins you titles argument. I am a strong advocate of that notion.

People don't realize that a strong defense is the foundation for actually winning trophies but that defense must be helped significantly by a well drilled midfield and sharp attack.

Italy would never have won the euros if not for those two warhorses at the back helped by a superb organized midfield even though for me their attack was not the best.

That defense always kept them in games no matter the situation.

But in the case of arsenal , Arteta is missing the plot by focussing too much on the defense and not really bolstering the midfield to complement them. Even the defense imo still needs quality at RB and CD as Ben white Gabriel and Kt are the only really quality I see.

For me xhaka has no business playing in Arsenal midfield but relying solely on Esr Sambi and Saka to help Partey is just way too much in a league as competitive as the epl. I expected that by now we should have gotten Madison and Aour or two of any top midfielders out there and let xhaka elneny and William and co leave.

How we have mismanaged the last few months after ending the league in a disgraceful position is still amazing me
What's your brand?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:24pm On Aug 15, 2021
Spy360:

What's your brand?
Trophy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jodera:
Exactly our point in summary.
It's only a tall dream to think that we're hoping to win the league in this our present state
The error you are making right now is that you think the 'defense wins you league' argument is about Arsenal. No.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:33pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jodera:
Trophy grin
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jencejyde:

How we have mismanaged the last few months after ending the league in a disgraceful position is still amazing me[i][/i]

This is the question I have been asking for a while now! Why are we are suddenly reacting like last season just ended today? We have been aware of the issues with this squad since last season even before last season ended. Other teams with sense started early and have addressed most of the deficiencies in their squad but we are still in the stage of talking about the problems with the transfer window about to close! Is that not the biggest indictment on Arteta and Edu?

Once again, he has lost the locker room and there is disunity and obvious division in the ranks. The annoying part is that we suffered this same situation last season and here we are again!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2021
Roland17:

This is the question I have been asking for a while now! Why are we are suddenly reacting like last season just ended today? We have been aware of the issues with this squad since last season even before last season ended. Other teams with sense started early and have addressed most of the deficiencies in their squad but we are still in the stage of talking about the problems with the transfer window about to close! Is that not the biggest indictment on Arteta and Edu?

Once again, he has lost the locker room and there is disunity and obvious division in the ranks. The annoying part is that we suffered this same situation last season and here we are again!!!

Barcelona want a CF, they are looking at our 2 useless senior CFS
I think they will pick auba, we should be able to do business with them even if it's loan with option to buy and we collect coutinho.
Then we buy cm probably bissouma or berge or aurora as I am tired of seeing xhaka starting for us.
We actually have nothing to lose this season, no Europe football it's an advantage for us but we are messing it up

We should sell lacazette to spuds too jare since kane is leaving grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 6:10pm On Aug 15, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Barcelona want a CF, they are looking at our 2 useless senior CFS
I think they will pick auba, we should be able to do business with them even if it's loan with option to buy and we collect coutinho.
Then we buy cm probably bissouma or berge or aurora as I am tired of seeing xhaka starting for us.
We actually have nothing to lose this season, no Europe football it's an advantage for us but we are messing it up

We should sell lacazette to spuds too jare since kane is leaving grin grin

Abeg not any Berge or Bissouma... we have somehow gathered too many average defensive minded midfielders with little creativity. What happened to getting someone like Cazorla again,that is why I am a huge fan of Aour.

We dont even have identity again.

Another thing I am concern about is the easy way coaches identify our tactics and cripple it with ease. It was obvious Brentford studied our game pattern and utilized it well on us

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2021
johnjunior39:

Abeg not any Berge or Bissouma... we have somehow gathered too many average defensive minded midfielders with little creativity. What happened to getting someone like Cazorla again,that is why I am a huge fan of Aour.

We dont even have identity again.

Another thing I am concern about is the easy way coaches identify our tactics and cripple it with ease. It was obvious Brentford studied our game pattern and utilized it well on us
Partey is injuring prone and we can't hope on xhaka
It will suicidal to put xhaka with aurora
2 soft holding midfielders
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2021
On a bright side guys
City lost grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:28pm On Aug 15, 2021
iamoyindamola:
On a bright side guys
City lost grin grin

I can neva support Spuds/Dirty angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:28pm On Aug 15, 2021
iamoyindamola:
On a bright side guys
City lost grin grin
They lost to NLrivals, hope Nuno won't take spurs to a level Arsenal would regret not signing him over.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2021
Akinbahm:

We both know this aint true. How will the italians that looked so fast, huffy and puffy and yet still full of flair bẹ downgraded like this?? No dey talk like this na.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:20pm On Aug 15, 2021
iamoyindamola:
On a bright side guys
City lost grin grin
Lol, wetin concern us with city na grin

Two of us no be mate o, if kasala burst their rich dad fit bail them while we na kirikiri station we go enter so grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:36pm On Aug 15, 2021
Akinbahm:

Just negodu...

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2021
This Barcelona v Sociedad game is a testament to why fast sharp attack can take you up and far..

The barca defense to me has been average, but the attack of braithwhite, Griezman and Memphis have been explosive.

Arsenal need to get in at least 3 players who are fit,strong,powerful, energetic and very good at progressing and Using the ball in the attacking front.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2021
Fkhalifa:
This Barcelona v Sociedad game is a testament to why fast sharp attack can take you up and far..

The barca defense to me has been average, but the attack of braithwhite, Griezman and Memphis have been explosive.

Arsenal need to get in at least 3 players who are fit,strong,powerful, energetic and very good at progressing and Using the ball in the attacking front.
We need more CBs

(1) (2) (3) ... (2275) (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) (2281) ... (3518) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: PharmD911, johnjunior39(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.