Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2332014 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) ... (3518) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:08pm On Aug 22, 2021
Roland17:
We are totally outnumbered/ outmanned in the midfield which has left our defense blank open. We are playing a 4-2-3-1 and playing a high press, what does that do? Well, Chelsea are playing a 3-4-2-1..Do the math..
Here lies the problem. Arteta doesn't understand his team and opponents. He doesn't read the game. We lost because we were outnumbered knowing fully well that we couldn't have competed with Chelsea in the middle. Starting Martinelli as CF, means he won't play back to goal, so he'll need space to run, same as Pepe. The best formation for these players is a simple 3-5-1 or 3-4-3 defensive. Mtchew!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 7:13pm On Aug 22, 2021
Roland17:
Hibernian 2-1 Arsenal

Rangers 2-2 Arsenal

Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal

Tottenham 1-0 Arsenal

Brentford 2-0 Arsenal

Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal

Manchester City next!

If norwich pick up a point in their next game it means we will be in 20th position after game week 3, and only God knows the number of goals man city will pump us with.

Like this we might even enter game week 3 in 20th position with -8 goal difference embarassed

Another reason why signing ben white was a foolish decision

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:19pm On Aug 22, 2021
Roland17:
Hibernian 2-1 Arsenal

Rangers 2-2 Arsenal

Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal

Tottenham 1-0 Arsenal

Brentford 2-0 Arsenal

Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal

Manchester City next!
Losing to Chelsea or City, is not the problem. Not putting up a fight is. This team lacked structure going forward, they are so inexperienced. That's why we would still need the likes of Lacazette (unless we get a proper replacement).

City will definitely dominate the ball, so why not eat up the spaces. A good manager will know how to use his pacy players to curtail such teams. We need to revert to a defensive 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. That's the best formation this team can play.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:20pm On Aug 22, 2021
kodded:

If norwich pick up a point in their next game it means we will be in 20th position after game week 3, and only God knows the number of goals man city will pump us with.

Like this we might even enter game week 3 in 20th position with -8 goal difference embarassed

Another reason why signing ben white was a foolish decision
Did we lose because we signed Ben White? Chai! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 7:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Honestly nothing special in this Lukaku, Mari just useless ni
The guy no get skill or anything
A whole Lukaku? You don't know football...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 7:24pm On Aug 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Midfield has always been our strong department from wengay days cos they are the connection between attack and defence
the biggest culprits in our midfield is Granit Xhaka. His speed means that he is a liability when defending counter attack.
His frequent back passess means we can't kill any team in counter attack.
He has zero presence in the midfield, which means his midfield partner will be doing all the work in the midfield against 3 to 5 opposition players in that midfield.

No wonder partey keep getting injured everytime, partey will be doing all the work while xhaka will do notting all match. Same thing happened today, lokonja was the only arsenal player that ran the midfield meanwhile his partner was no where to be found

No wonder wenger struggled to qualify for top4 as soon as xhaka came to the team

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:25pm On Aug 22, 2021
Some plastics here are hoping that we keep losing so they can continue justify their low IQ. God go shame them. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
Spy360:

Did we lose because we signed Ben White? Chai! grin grin grin

That £50 million could have gotten us a marquee player like maddison or sterling

While dino and saliba mount the defense over players like Mari

I doubt if lukaku would have gotten a fun day with dino or saliba to be honest
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:28pm On Aug 22, 2021
kodded:
the biggest culprits in our midfield is Granit Xhaka. His speed means that he is a liability when defending counter attack.
He has zero presence in the midfield, which means his midfield partner will be doing all the work in the midfield against 3 to 5 opposition players in that midfield.

No wonder partey keep getting injured everytime, partey will be doing all the work while xhaka will do notting all match. Same thing happened today, lokonja was the only arsenal player that ran the midfield meanwhile his partner was no where to be found

No wonder wenger struggled to qualify for top4 as soon as xhaka came to the team
I tell you xhaka is badluck yet we extended his contract
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:28pm On Aug 22, 2021
ndidibabe:
A whole Lukaku? You don't know football...
It is not the onye ara that is ashamed but it's nwanne ya. We have a group of them here.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:29pm On Aug 22, 2021
kodded:

That £50 million could have gotten us a marquee player like maddison or sterling

Shuu
You can't win argument with a dimwit, he will end up dragging you to his level
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 7:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

I tell you xhaka is badluck yet we extended his contract

I went back to arsenal archives to see how arteta was compared to xhaka...

....guess what, they were basically the same player only that arteta was surrounded with high technical players like carzola and rosicky meanwhile xhaka is surrounded with young kids with little experience and experience players that are not good at all.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:32pm On Aug 22, 2021
kodded:

It's the way you put it. It's our failure to get quality midfielders and not the decision to sign White. After all he didn't play.

But let me tell you, we had a similar team when we beat them twice last season. So where's your judgement? The coach's tactics was poor today simple.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 7:33pm On Aug 22, 2021
Spy360:

It's the way you put it. It's our failure to get quality midfielders and not the decision to sign White. After all he didn't play.

But let me tell you, we had a similar team when we beat them twice last season. So where's your judgement.
They had lukaku who won man of the match today, who did we add to our team

Edit: by the way, the acquisition of ben white means we can't bring in a xhaka replacement neither can we bring in a top quality creative player that would have transform our game like lukaku did today. we are going into game week 3 with -4 goal difference while not scoring a single goal, does that remind you of last season form?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 7:34pm On Aug 22, 2021
Spy360:

It is not the onye ara that is ashamed but it's nwanne ya. We have a group of them here.
Lol. I hope Arsenal won't be relegated this season..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
Spy360:

Losing to Chelsea or City, is not the problem. Not putting up a fight is. This team lacked structure going forward, they are so inexperienced. That's why we would still need the likes of Lacazette (unless we get a proper replacement).

City will definitely dominate the ball, so why not eat up the spaces. A good manager will know how to use his pacy players to curtail such teams. We need to revert to a defensive 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. That's the best formation this team can play.

Every loss has a recurring theme! Arteta has absolutely no knowledge of tactics, understanding and interpreting what he is seeing on the pitch. It does not take a miracle to see where we were struggling but Arteta does not make any changes to our tactics, he continues with the same crap through till 90 minutes. This is not about fight bro! You fight when you have the right strategy.. When you fight with the wrong plan/ tactic/ strategy, it would look like you are not fighting and that is what we are seeing week in week out.

I expected Arteta to come out of the break with a back 3 but he does not, he continues with the rubbish doughnut offense. Guess what? We have run Tierney to the ground. Most of our players look like they have absolutely no clue what they are doing or are supposed to be doing on the pitch. Auba entered and looked anonymous. This is not about experience or the best player..Our coach is failing to do the simple things required of a coach during games..

Is this any different from last season? This is Deja Vu all over again. A slow start that gets worse and by the time you say jack the season is gone..This is without the distraction of Europe oh. Our match day performances are testimonies to the truth that we are not training well. Tierney and Mari both had horrible showings and if you ask me, I would suggest benching Tierney.. Hopefully, that may help Arteta realize other methods of attacking.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:36pm On Aug 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Shuu
I am not arguing with you, dimwit. I am taking your advice.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:37pm On Aug 22, 2021
Wenger: 20 losses in 116games

Arteta: 20/60games.

Epl is not for club legends turned managers!!!

Fact!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:38pm On Aug 22, 2021
kodded:

They had lukaku who won man of the match today, who did we add to our team
Forget our transfer business. Let's face the primary issue, our coach is poor. Our players felt lost on the pitch, it has nothing to do with personnel but tactics.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:38pm On Aug 22, 2021
kodded:

This here summarizes it all. When you have Xhaka in the heart of your team, then forget flowing football.
Virtually, everyone who plays alongside him does all the runnings and works, his is just to sit, stroll, spray long passes and long range shots.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:39pm On Aug 22, 2021
ndidibabe:
Lol. I hope Arsenal won't be relegated this season..
Relegation doesn't do us. We never get relegated. Las las we sack Arteta before December.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:39pm On Aug 22, 2021
Roland17:

Every loss has a recurring theme! Arteta has absolutely no knowledge of tactics, understanding and interpreting what he is seeing on the pitch. It does not take a miracle to see where we were struggling but Arteta does not make any changes to our tactics, he continues with the same crap through till 90 minutes. This is not about fight bro! You fight when you have the right strategy.. When you fight with the wrong plan/ tactic/ strategy, it would look like you are not fighting and that is what we are seeing week in week out.

I expected Arteta to come out of the break with a back 3 but he does not, he continues with the rubbish doughnut offense. Guess what? We have run Tierney to the ground. Most of our players look like they have absolutely no clue what they are doing or are supposed to be doing on the pitch. Auba entered and looked anonymous. This is not about experience or the best player..Our coach is failing to do the simple things required of a coach during games..

Is this any different from last season? This is Deja Vu all over again. A slow start that gets worse and by the time you say jack the season is gone..This is without the distraction of Europe oh. Our match day performances are testimonies to the truth that we are not training well. Tierney and Mari both had horrible showings and if you ask me, I would suggest benching Tierney.. Hopefully, that may help Arteta realize other methods of attacking.
My brother and I actually analyzed the back 3 at half time by removing martinelli and Mari for amn and auba
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 7:40pm On Aug 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Shuu

I don wash my hand comot from him matter
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:40pm On Aug 22, 2021
This fool still looking for attention his parents didn't give him....
Foool keep barking
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:40pm On Aug 22, 2021
kodded:

....guess what, they were basically the same player only that arteta was surrounded with high technical players like carzola and rosicky meanwhile xhaka is surrounded with young kids with little experience and experience players that are not good at all.
You is just speaking what I've always had in my mind. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2021
Fkhalifa:

This here summarizes it all. When you have Xhaka in the heart of your team, then forget flowing football.
Virtually, everyone who plays alongside him does all the runnings and works, his is just to sit, stroll, spray long passes and long range shots.
What about defence na grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 7:42pm On Aug 22, 2021
daveP:

Fact!!

Who dash monkey banana sad

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:42pm On Aug 22, 2021
grin

Kroenke can't bring this club to the dust.

Cos any new coach, especially if its Conte, will need funds, which the Yank wouldn't drop. Ek should save this club.

Imagine Sagna forced to recall his own days as better?

Time up!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2021
kodded:

We usually build team on midfield from time memorial
This Arteta defenders obsession is alarming
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2021
Roland17:

I can't say more really. Even Championship coaches know what to do when they face big teams. See how Tottenham handled Man City last week.

Arteta should have started with the U23s honestly. He is learning this trade with our first team and emotions.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2021
Spy360:

Relegation doesn't do us. We never get relegated. Las las we sack Arteta before December.
I really do not think Arteta is the problem. Arsenal don't just have the players...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:46pm On Aug 22, 2021
daveP:

Fact!!

I take God beg you, don't destroy the history of our club. Arteta legend for Arsenal, where? When? He can take that title to Everton abeg.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) ... (3518) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.