Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2304128 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) (2297) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2021
kodded:

Leicester quoted £60m for maddison and he was eager to join us.

Before the Euros, man city wanted £60m for sterling

We spent £138m this transfer window, so tell me how would it be difficult?

Edit: his tactis is just like pep tactis which require 2 CM to feed the striker and assit the wingers and fullbacks

Basically that's why pep always chooses 4-3-3, because it allow two 8's to roam the midfiled while a sindle pivot DM to shield the defense from counter.

But arteta is using same tactics in a 4-2-3-1 formation which means unlike pep style of play that required two 8's that assisted the attackers thereby increases the creativity in the team especially through the middle.
Arteta plays with a lone 10 who is charged with the burden of providing support in both the left and right areas of the pitch all by himself and obviously our current 10 lacks the experience to play that position in full effect.

See as you don use style shift the blame to ESR..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2021
Kokaneprodigy give this guy attention na
Suicide is real oo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
Abeg say no Fayolence.. angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 8:39pm On Aug 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

The issue with Pepe can be excuse for us not having a good RB, he's always on his own
You are right about him not marking his player,Pepe is lazy when pressing and he's using it to expose us cos sambi was doing his job for him

Surely this is where the mager has to come in and make him a better player by making him understand how to deall with this situations. Not even having a quality RB is not the issue but Pepe himself understanding what he has to do on and off the ball and in certain phases where the ball is in the opposition half and when its in our half.

If Arteta can't help him learn to understand , then really i can't put too much blame on him cos after all , he has to play to what the manager wants.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Kokaneprodigy give this guy attention na
Suicide is real oo
I’ve reached my fcks limit for the day, no more fcks to give bro.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:42pm On Aug 22, 2021
kokaneprodigy:

I’ve reached my fcks limit for the day, no more fcks to give bro.
I have spare to give, kindly get the mofo off my back
I don't do guys angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 8:43pm On Aug 22, 2021
Roland17:

Abeg no dey type Arteta and good tactics for the same sentence. Na God I take beg you...

Most coaches will excel with the best players in the world..They don't require much coaching or execution of tactics.

Arteta dey copy pep tactis but sadly he doesnt have the type of pep players to implement am and his taste
for players dey cast everything.

How person go see mari, mavro and saliba play for training eveyday and yet he choosed mari over their two

I no dey even reason xahka wey be the reason why we lack midfield presence for match

Arteta na just copy cat wey forget say pep style of play requires high technical gifted players wey fit play their role very well
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2021
Jencejyde:

Surely this is where the mager has to come in and make him a better player by making him understand how to deall with this situations. Not even having a quality RB is not the issue but Pepe himself understanding what he has to do on and off the ball and in certain phases where the ball is in the opposition half and when its in our half.

If Arteta can't help him learn to understand , then really i can't put too much blame on him cos after all , he has to play to what the manager wants.
I'm afraid for us, no matter how bad this team is we can still fight for top 4 but not with Arteta.
We need a new coach before transfer end maybe we can convince torreira to stay
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2021
kodded:

Arteta dey copy pep tactis but sadly he doesnt have the type of pep players to implement am and his taste
for players dey cast everything.

How person go see mari, mavro and saliba play for training eveyday and yet he choosed mari over their two

I no dey even reason xahka wey be the reason why we lack midfield presence for match

Arteta na just copy cat wey forget say pep style of play requires high technical gifted players wey fit play their role very well
Then he's clueless if he's copying another person.
He can't think with his head
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 8:48pm On Aug 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

I'm afraid for us, no matter how bad this team is we can still fight for top 4 but not with Arteta.
We need a new coach before transfer end maybe we can convince torreira to stay

The bolded speaks volumes and its really the frightening reality as it may seem.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 8:49pm On Aug 22, 2021
Roland17:

See as you don use style shift the blame to ESR..
you don't get it, our lack of AM means we will make do with only 1 AM while Xhaka who neither helps the attack or defense is in the midfield doing nothing and our DM (partey, eleny or lokonja).

If you notice last season, when odegaard and smith rowe played together, our chances created started climbing up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Then he's clueless if he's copying another person.
He can't think with his head
what were you expecting from someone that idolized pep?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:56pm On Aug 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Blueraydick come out match dan finish since na

U can see most people are still boiling with emotions, there's no need for me to drop my opinion before people wey no reach me go dey give me snide remarks like say na me be Arteta wey make Arsenal lose....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2021
Wtf grin grin grin grin grin
They should free this guy na, we know our problem

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

This is someone that can't manage young prospect players, he doesn't even have the man management to handle top players.
Did you notice bernado Silva and sterling want out
Pep can handle them clean but can Arteta handle young saliba, guendouzi, Pepe, aubameyang etc
na saliba matter na it pain me pass. Because that £50m ben white fee for help us to get maddsion or sterling
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2021
BlueRayDick:

U can see most people are still boiling with emotions, there's no need for me to drop my opinion before people wey no reach me go dey give me snide remarks like say na me be Arteta wey make Arsenal lose....
grin grin
Whatever happen na edu and Arteta cause am
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:59pm On Aug 22, 2021
kodded:
na saliba matter na it pain me pass. Because that £50m ben white fee for help us to get maddsion or sterling
Next season we are going for 75m CB
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
I know most people will not agree, but Pepe is trash ; slow to react to situations, never wins the ball and utterly lazy. Everytine he jumps to contest for the ball I am always damn sure he's never going to win the ball; He never disappointed me.

Pepe is just a Xhaka who is not a midfielder.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

grin grin
Whatever happen na edu and Arteta cause am

I hope the last two games has made people see why I was not really ecstatic last season when most people were calling for Folarin Balogun to be eased into our starting team deputizing for Auba as top 9.

I just had that feeling the boy and dem Azeez are just not ripe yet for the big stage...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:05pm On Aug 22, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I hope the last two games has made people see why I was not really ecstatic last season when most people were calling for Folarin Balogun to be eased into our starting team deputizing for Auba as top 9.

I just had that feeling the boy and dem Azeez are just not ripe yet for the big stage...
They are not ready, but we didn't ask for this
What we wanted was for them to understudy these old clowns but the senior ones ain't doing the job
Martinelli was just isolated too

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 9:08pm On Aug 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Next season we are going for 75m CB
while renewing xhaka contract for another 3 years cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by NinjaMetahuman: 9:32pm On Aug 22, 2021
Arsenal fans clamouring for Conte instead of Big Sam to come and help them out of relegation lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
I don tire jare.

I knew we were going to have it tough with Chelsea, but I didn't expect we will make it that easy for them.

And Arteta / the team looked so clueless.

I stopped watching and went out after the 2nd goal.

Mi o le wa pa ara mi jare.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:05am On Aug 23, 2021
Its either he frees Xhaka to play the Tierney role or find an LM that would do just that cos as much as we want to crucify Xhaka,which is allowed by the way, teams have decoded that shoo in role when they counter Arsenal. Xhaka has never really excelled having his mind to cover both roles even if Tierney recovers to do the needful. Yeah,modern football but its not working and its crazy that all 26crosses in two games produced zero goals. The approach needs to change. Xhaka is no Kante, even if he's mobile like Kante.

Then the right side of attack, we lost possession there than the left, but i barely saw anyone complain maybe cos no goals came from there.

Besides, who go edit the title of this thread na Reborn bi bawo!!? Reborn in Championship?

He lacks player management. Same ish with Lampard. Don't be surprised a new manager would get the best out of these same bunch like Tuchel did.

Maybe Arsenal need to sit back and let the first 30mins wear out cos both games, hoals came within that frame.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sammymarvin: 6:30am On Aug 23, 2021
Yesterday I was kind of are angry with Arteta but ...I saw a new light yesterday ....Sambi to me Is not a defensive midfielder but he is a player in d mode of Fab that lad got passes in him and was always available to receive d ball it was as if he has been playing in d EPl for seasons...he effective made playing from d back easy...also the team fought thru out d 90mins never dropping there heads .....I was happy with Auba he added fire to our squad...Smith Rowe is a beast that guy will come good always running ..he was unlucky could have gotten a goal...I was impressed with Leno his distribution was better yesterday ....also our counters were good I believe with d coming back of Auba and laca will c us score goals

Now my anger with Arteta/Mari....If I was d Coach ...I will say to Mari magnet Lukaku..Man mark him...for grab...push etc u go hard on him...for d for first 40mins Mari was just to soft ...u don't do that when playing with Lukaku he is strong hence u need to b dirty on him...hit his knees..draw his shirt....do a CHELLENI on him..it's either Arteta dnt tell him or he was scared....now
I was also angry because Mikel
should have told Saka to drop back to form a back Five just to stop James I never blame Tierney for d goals becos he was trying to help Mari...
On a final note we need steel in some areas...a new defensive midfielder eg Ndidi..
In d defense may be Gabriel Mag...can be a beast because I have not been impressed with Mari looks like he is not in form
Then a right back a proper right back....to me Cedric and Bellerin should leave ..we need a new right back...
Finally I stick with my club I know the team will come good
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 7:07am On Aug 23, 2021
sammymarvin:
Yesterday I was kind of are angry with Arteta but ...I saw a new light yesterday ....Sambi to me Is not a defensive midfielder but he is a player in d mode of Fab that lad got passes in him and was always available to receive d ball it was as if he has been playing in d EPl for seasons...he effective made playing from d back easy...also the team fought thru out d 90mins never dropping there heads .....I was happy with Auba he added fire to our squad...Smith Rowe is a beast that guy will come good always running ..he was unlucky could have gotten a goal...I was impressed with Leno his distribution was better yesterday ....also our counters were good I believe with d coming back of Auba and laca will c us score goals

Now my anger with Arteta/Mari....If I was d Coach ...I will say to Mari magnet Lukaku..Man mark him...for grab...push etc u go hard on him...for d for first 40mins Mari was just to soft ...u don't do that when playing with Lukaku he is strong hence u need to b dirty on him...hit his knees..draw his shirt....do a CHELLENI on him..it's either Arteta dnt tell him or he was scared....now
should have told Saka to drop back to form a back Five just to stop James I never blame Tierney for d goals becos he was trying to help Mari...
On a final note we need steel in some areas...a new defensive midfielder eg Ndidi..
In d defense may be Gabriel Mag...can be a beast because I have not been impressed with Mari looks like he is not in form
Then a right back a proper right back....to me Cedric and Bellerin should leave ..we need a new right back...

How can you blame saka for not tracking back when it's obvious xhaka was the main culprit yesterday.

The back 5 consists of Cedric, holding, mari, teireny and xhaka.
Due to xhaka limitations, teireny had to play both LCB and LB role last match, that was way he lost his steam quickly.

Xhaka was meant to assists mari and holding especially against Lukaku, but that man was no where to be found forcing teirney to do his job and at the same time bombing forwad for a cross.

Ask yourself will Lukaku find it easy if partey was infront of the defenders yesterday?

Xhaka killed the match tempo with his frequent back pass and he destroyed our defensive shape because of his speed.

My consolation from that match is that sambi and partey double pivot might look promising atleast from what I have seen in that kid I must admit that arteta has struck a gold mine in that belgain kid.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:08am On Aug 23, 2021
sammymarvin:

Ndidi is too much bissouma is good for the right price
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:00am On Aug 23, 2021
FirstbornWds:
Jodera and Mostob... The bid to exchange ESR, Saka and Tierney for Coutinho and Umtiti is still available.

You might not see a better offer elsewhere.
Those 3 for just 2...??

I mean? shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:04am On Aug 23, 2021
Roland17:

@iamoyindamola no kee yourself oh! Don't do it!! Jodera abeg na only lose we lose, we no kee pesin..
Lol.. I no even watch the match ystdy. Had an impromptu job that made me missed it, since it was a good decision missing it sef with all the complains I'm seeing cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:24am On Aug 23, 2021
kodded:
xhaka leadership is needed in this team abi?

In other note Farteta has tamed martinelli, dude can't go full turbo mode again cry
Martinelli injured, Tierney injured, Arteta clueless.

So I'm wondering why you still think Arteta will pair lokonga and Partey when xhaka isn't injured undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:36am On Aug 23, 2021
So I saw more pages from ystdy loss compared to Brentford's loss. Perusing through it, I found out that no be even party dem do here sef(unsurprisingly) and na so so complains from our fans here grin. It seems ystdy game was that baaaadddd!!!

Mehn, we're in for a long ride this season sha. O goals scored, playing dour football and we just dey slide down down down.

I don tire sha

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pamcode(m): 8:59am On Aug 23, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Below is a fan's quote on Xhaka few years ago.

[b]For me, the main reason everything went downhill was when we brought in Xhaka. This was the moment we started to lose more games, lose CL spots etc. Not because he is so bad, but because he totally doesn’t fit our philosophy. At first, the biggest mistake Wenger made was playing him as a defensive mid. When we had Coquelin als a defensive mid, with Santi as a linking player we used to dominate most teams, played beautiful, attacking football with short passes. When we lost Santi to injury, we played Xhaka as a defensive mid and played Coq in a more offensive role, sort of a box-to-box role. We then made the mistake of letting our only real defensive mid leave. Now with Torreira, we finally have a defensive mid back.

All we have to do now is to replace Xhaka. IMO the linking player is the most important position in a dominating, attacking playstyle. The problem with Xhaka is, he isn’t suited to a short passing style. He is too slow and his strength is to play longer passes, not short passes. That’s why I think we really should do everything we can do sell Xhaka[/b] 

where is torrreira now sef? I thought the guy balled in his first season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) (2297) ... (3482) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Roland17(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.