Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,322 members, 7,839,534 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2342107 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) ... (3536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2021
*ANM goes to social media to beg for his future after a forced and quickly put together meeting between him/his agent and Arteta. From my understanding, the meeting barely lasted 5 minutes with Arteta telling the player he is not allowed to leave for Everton.
*Saliba responds to a question asked, Saliba talks about about not being given an opportunity to prove himself with Arteta judging him quickly. Saliba continues saying he has not spoken to Arteta since he joined, except when Arteta told him he was going on loan.
*Torreira leaves pictures and cryptic messages about his future on social media
*Ozil constantly left cryptic messages
*Luiz got into a heated argument during training with Arteta, refused the extension, left Arsenal and basically called Arsenal a dump site
*Auba, constantly leaves cryptic messages about the current state of Arsenal
I can go on and on!

What are the incidents above indicative of? Are they isolated? or do they buttress a larger problem within the group? If isolated, then we can say it is a one off and there will be no need for this.

Well, I will tell you.. From a modern management standpoint, it is a perfect description of a toxic work environment where people desperately want to be heard but they are being stifled or there is no effective communication(please bare in mind there is a difference between communication and effective communication, with the latter being more about an effective listener). Gossip in the work place is necessitated by the lack or near absence of an avenue of expression, (Rosnow and Georgoudi, 1985). Our players are being intimidated, some have become overcome with fear and other tendencies associated with a failed system. I have never been one to tolerate indiscipline and disrespect irrespective of position in the work place or outside of work. I had an argument with @Birdman on the NBA thread about my current favorite player. I argued that KD does not have to conform or behave like everyone else when he is responding to people but @Birdman brought up an important angle and that is leadership. @birdman reminded me that KD was the leader of the group, consequently, his actions are very consequential and I agreed with him from that standpoint.

Management and Authority has evolved over the last 2 decades and successful organizations have found creative ways to adapt to the changes of managing in today's world. The traditional era of command and control structure has given way for a more flexible approach that builds the goals and objectives of the organization around the people. It is saddening to read that anyone still feels comfortable telling cyber space that the basic/ elementary management theory still involves command and control. This is the biggest evidence that they have failed to evolve along with the times. The management style employed by Arteta is coming from a place of insecurity and fear. He desperately wants to be respected but has ended up doing the opposite with his squad. One of his biggest downfalls and weakness is his lack of man management and it becomes only natural for us as human to replace behaviors with worse tendencies. Every organization/ team in unique in the way it is assembled, consequently, the management approach of that team must be tailored along the the strengths of the team, else, it will fail woefully..See Arsenal.

If you are a manager in today's world and reading this, I want to ask you, What is your experience in managing 18-27 years of today? If you ar within 18-27, what is your experience in being managed the traditional way? I will tell you first hand because I deal with it daily here. They want to be a part of the process, simple and short! There is nothing like overcommunicating with this generation? They do not necessarily respond to structure, power and authority, if anything, they will consciously sabotage a traditional system that seeks to stifle their ability to express themselves. They are free willed, want flexibility but are exceptionally creative and a strong assets to any organization if properly managed. Organizations that want to succeed have no option than to make drastic changes if they want to attract these new breed..I mean, do they have any option? Most organizations in the US have done away with chains of command. Infact, the idea of a formal structure in the work place is gradually giving way, especially during this COVID-19 era where most people can now work remotely.

Even in traditional management systems where there is a chain of command, flow of power chart, the most successful leaders in this system have been managers who encourage healthy conflict within the group. A healthy conflict is all about communication. I never forget what one of my favorite professors always told the class "If you walk into any organization and there is a herd mentality and members conform to everything without any debate, please know there is a serious problem in that organization that has not been unearthed. How Arteta has managed conflict within the team will tell you he has no business managing people. Arteta responds by freezing them out, loaning them out or throwing them under the bus like he did Pepe and Nelson. Is that supposed to earn you respect within the group you manage? There are talks of Arteta tailoring trainings to players he speaks with. Do you think this team is not traumatized by the results and the situation of the team?

I want to go on and on but I don't want to bore anyone with my epistles grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2021
80sjamshophip:
Congrats, your new signing grin
I heard that he can play CB too cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2021
Willian has earned an elevated level of respect from me. His farewell letter buttresses the decay at Arsenal. He is a very nice human being and I wish him all the best in life.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:05pm On Aug 31, 2021
So he not only blocked the Everton loan move after a quickly put together meeting where he tells the kid he is not going anywhere, he goes ahead to buy a RB and has now banned AMN from training with the senior team! Is this supposed to be punishment? What is this for God's sake? What sort of useless ego driven model is this? Do you think this is earning Arteta any kind of respect within the group, especially amongst the kids? This is the same coach that threw Pepe under the bus during a post match interview!

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... You and spy palaver no be here sha grin grin grin
That comment from him was just balderdash and reckless, these guys get a huge chunk of their money from TV rights, DSTV in Africa buys these rights, we in turn purchase DSTV plans that raises enough revenue and profit for DSTV to keep paying for these rights this in turn gets into the bank accounts of these club. Directly or indirectly we are paying for this service and we deserve quality.
There’s a reason the NPFL isn’t as lucrative and attractive as EPL it’s simple, no viewership! Hence no fat TV rights.

Tomorrow he’ll come here and start bleating about how intelligent he is, Tortoise!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:16pm On Aug 31, 2021
Roland17:
So he not only blocked the Everton loan move after a quickly put together meeting where he tells the kid he is not going anywhere, he goes ahead to buy a RB and has now banned AMN from training with the senior team! Is this supposed to be punishment? What is this for God's sake? What sort of useless ego driven model is this? Do you think this is earning Arteta any kind of respect within the group, especially amongst the kids? This is the same coach that threw Pepe under the bus during a post match interview!
Then embraced xhaka in the same situation
We are in big trouble
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:55pm On Aug 31, 2021
Roland17:
Willian has earned an elevated level of respect from me. His farewell letter buttresses the decay at Arsenal. He is a very nice human being and I wish him all the best in life.
I deliberately don't want to quote that epistle. Lol. Your point has been made bro.

Everyone here agree on one thing. #ArtetaOut
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:01pm On Aug 31, 2021
Defense wins you league'. tongue

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Havertz10: 4:10pm On Aug 31, 2021
johnjunior39:
Another Defender loading grin grin grin grin grin grin Tomiyasu of Bologna.

Main : defender others : RB and defensive midfielder

Baby Chambers . Me that was dreaming Max Aaron. Arteta na wa
tomiyasu will turn out to be your best signing, he is a very good player, I have watched him a few times.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
Havertz10:
tomiyasu will turn out to be your best signing, he is a very good player, I have watched him a few times.
We haven’t scored a single EPL goal this season after game 3. Tomisuya is the least of our worries
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ariani: 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2021
Roland17:

The dangers of a single story.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:16pm On Aug 31, 2021
No option to buy in bellerin deal grin grin
So many bad market we are doing
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2021
Kokaneprodigy/Kokanepyramid.....need more defenders? grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
Without beating around the bush, neither old nor modern management permits a subordinate to public criticize his boss without consequences - Period!

Being part of management process does not give a subordinate an effrontery to disrespect and publicly antagonize the boss / management.

This is the fact. I need a reference to any modern management concept that claims otherwise so I can collect a refund from my Professors.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2021
Lana1:
Kokaneprodigy/Kokanepyramid.....need more defenders? grin
Lana1 abeg now. I’m down already,
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2021
Ariani:

The dangers of a single story.
Arteta listens sometimes. May be the problem with arrangement of these deals is Edu. He may be sacked tomorrow from the feedbacks I am getting.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
ObaIgwe1:
Without beating around the bush, neither old nor modern management permits a subordinate to public criticize his boss without consequences - Period!

Being part of management process does not give a subordinate an effrontery to disrespect and publicly antagonize the boss / management.

This is the fact. I need a reference to any modern management concept that claims otherwise so I can collect a refund from my Professors.
That's if it is a single case. Where there are multiple cases the leader has to look at the mirror. While that does not justify the public criticism, a self assessment is worth doing.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 6:53pm On Aug 31, 2021
Spy360:

That's if it is a single case. Where there are multiple cases the leader has to look at the mirror. While that does not justify the public criticism, a self assessment is worth doing.

Yes a manager needs to look himself in a mirror when many people are complaining about him and ultimately the board that hired the manager need to investigate and act accordingly. But I insist even in the event that all the players feel aggrieved about a manager, talking to press and disrespecting the manager is No-No. Reporting to the board and following the organisation conflict resolution procedure is the solution.

Please don't get me wrong, I do not support Arteta or what he is doing to some of the players, but creating an anarchy situation is bad for everyone...so everyone should follow the lay down procedure.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2021
Spy360:

We are signing Takehiro Tomiyasu from Bologna. RB.
His primary position is a Cb while his second position is a Rb. To be sincere I'm not impressed cos we need someone whose primary position is Rb. Well let me see how he'll be this season

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2021
Silentgroper:
Do u guys want edward? ... Edward been no wan sign new contract with us.
No be Edward dey work hand in hand with klopp while they make use of video analysis to sign correct player??

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2021
Spy360:

Lol. Why not give me proof instead of shouting false.
Lol... I will give you proof wen transfer ends
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2021
kokanepyramid:

That comment from him was just balderdash and reckless, these guys get a huge chunk of their money from TV rights, DSTV in Africa buys these rights, we in turn purchase DSTV plans that raises enough revenue and profit for DSTV to keep paying for these rights this in turn gets into the bank accounts of these club. Directly or indirectly we are paying for this service and we deserve quality.
There’s a reason the NPFL isn’t as lucrative and attractive as EPL it’s simple, no viewership! Hence no fat TV rights.

Tomorrow he’ll come here and start bleating about how intelligent he is, Tortoise!!
Lol... I mostly laugh wen people say our money no dey run these clubs or pay these players directly or indirectly. Thanks for breaking it down again. He who have eyes let him read grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2021
iamoyindamola:
No option to buy in bellerin deal grin grin
So many bad market we are doing
Option to buy ke?
How old is bellerin again? grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
Havertz10:
Asian players rarely shine in EPL. Moreover we need a standard Rb not a versatile Cb
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:16pm On Aug 31, 2021
Spy360:
Defense wins you league'. tongue
Lol... So you don finally join the movement grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:17pm On Aug 31, 2021
kodded:
I heard that he can play CB too cheesy
Lol... He is a Cb who can play Rb not a Rb who can play Cb.

Spot the difference grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2021
Roland17:
Is there nt a way he can involve a court order to terminate his contract.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 7:34pm On Aug 31, 2021
Jodera:
No be Edward dey work hand in hand with klopp while they make use of video analysis to sign correct player??
According to liverpool, he is a great sport director nd he has a hand in d awakening of liverpool. I no come knw if im dey use video analysis sign players oo. Bt d man na maestro at wat he does. Just in case una no wan chase edu away. He's ur go to guy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
Silentgroper:
According to liverpool, he is a great sport director nd he has a hand in d awakening of liverpool. I no come knw if im dey use video analysis sign players oo. Bt d man na maestro at wat he does. Just in case una no wan chase edu away. He's ur go to guy.
Lol, not only video but in-depth data analysis. He works hand in hand with klopp and video/data analysis experts In order to sign players. Reason why most players you guys sign hardly flop plus he's a good negotiator again.

What I'm just saying in essence is that I'm not sure Liverpool will release him, so no dey give me hope grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
Jodera:
Option to buy ke?
How old is bellerin again? grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2021
iamoyindamola:

make we just forget bellerin abeg, him ship don sail.
No need for buyback option abeg
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2021
Jodera:
make we just forget bellerin abeg, him ship don sail.
No need for buyback option abeg
I mean no option to buy on his loan deal
That mean real betis can decide not to buy him after his loan expire

(1) (2) (3) ... (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) ... (3536) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: daveP(m), mostob(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.