Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,278 members, 7,867,739 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:02 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2366534 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3533) (3534) (3535) (3536) (3537) (3538) (3539) ... (3554) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:52pm On May 24
Jodera:

Lmaooo...
You said 6yard assist against Luton.

That's not even the main highlight in that game. The main highlight was the first goal. Odegaard goal. I won't refresh your memory on it cos I know you'll remember it. That first goal neither had ESR on the goal or assist on the sheet but it had ESR all over it. You think I was moved by that 6yrd assist?

Viera gave an assist against Man u that had only GJ one on one with Dalot in midfield to run through. Na stone I for take Stone am if him no give that pass accurately when pitch big everywhere

The thing is ESR shone more than Viera this season. That you could use only Fulham match buttresses my point.

And I'll always use injury as excuse cos I know who ESR was before injury. And I also know he hasn't had a run of games. Let him have it and flop then we'll know he regressed
Since ESR is your new CR7, who am I to argue with you? Fact still remain that since both became teammates, Vieira has been better. I kukuma ask for stat and you are all running away from it. You have been ignoring that Chelsea game too where he was just there to make the number.

Fact is it is stance like this that makes people tag Arsenal with mediocrity. I find it strange that you're still holding on to that yesteryears performance. That's funny.

Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury of time to give him a run of game. If we can move Partey, who is ESR that we can't let go?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:13pm On May 24
daveP:

It's more of tactics. Odegaard can move anyhow in that 35yrd zone. Many Arsenal fans also never believe he can dictate from deep until he did it and repeatedly. The fact remains that this odegaard we dey see so, he's not functioning the way he ought to. I knew what i was saying when i said he's a 30-40 G/A per season player. Effortlessly. He, and Saka most especially, need that 9 so badly because, like I've always opined, we will now realize that this team is setup to flourish with a dangerous 9 upfront. I pray this next season is the one. I'm just so happy we have a captain with such consistent, faith, work ethics and technicality. He's a blessing.
I believe you.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:14pm On May 24
Jodera:
grin grin grin grin

Make you and Blueray fight cheesy grin
I like him. I will not harm him or disfigure him face.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:16pm On May 24
mostob:
Since ESR is your new CR7, who am I to argue with you? Fact still remain that since both became teammates, Vieira has been better. I kukuma ask for stat and you are all running away from it. You have been ignoring that Chelsea game too where he was just there to make the number.

Fact is it is stance like this that makes people tag Arsenal with mediocrity. I find it strange that you're still holding on to that yesteryears performance. That's funny.

Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury of time to give him a run of game. If we can move Partey, who is ESR that we can't let go?
Why don't you bring up the stats you are asking for.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:46pm On May 24
mostob:

You're the one who's making it looks as if I want ESR here when I said I've made peace if he stays or goes. Same way I've made peace with Partey.

Just like Partey and Jorginho. Yes Jorginho is given a new contract and Partey will be sold. But let anybody say Jorginho have more skillset than Partey or that Jorginho brings more to this team than Partey, I'll shut it down.

The only reason we're selling Partey and keeping Jorginho Is because of availability. Juxtapose that with ESR and Viera.

And I've given you two games (full games we won) yet na only Fulham you fit bring for Viera. I no need bring Chelsea cos I don't see him as a Cr7

Fact is that this season in minutes, ESR is more impactful than Viera. Both matches the former started, we won and he impressed.
For the latter na so so underwhelming performances.

Let Viera prove himself first. ESR have proved his. We no fit use Fulham match out of how many matches in Arsenal shirt last season to hold brief for him

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 9:24pm On May 24
Give me one reason why you won't buy either home or away jersey if not both. cool kiss

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:53pm On May 24
mostob:
This your 40 G/A target for Odegaard dey somehow o but I support you sha. You said something in the first half of the season..remind me sef. Something about scoring goals and when January reach, na 5,6 goals we dey nack teams. You're a prophet sir

One of the things that make me believe he can are

Firstly, that Real Madrid mentality he has. It's class

Secondly, he and Arteta are magnets in virtually every interpretation of what needs be done. Even in the top 6, i can say only 3 clubs have such kind of player in their team.

Thirdly, things are looking chaotic for rivals in coaching and team chemistry lately. If Pep leaves, unless Owners push self destruct button, this Arteta team is bound to dominate. We are bantered for building but those bantering can't even start their own new foundation laying. Hilarious and shows we should not expect miracles from them anytime soon.

This should make do.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:54pm On May 24
Jodera:

Lol... Just seeing this now.

Abeg, make him dey him Villa. He's 28 abi 29yrs old. We need young blood killer grin
๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ i just realized he's closer to 30 sha. He should enjoy the villa run then.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:55pm On May 24
One vs one was not detailed enough....the second is from Squawka.

The biggest issue here is you all are judging ESR with his exploits of 3 seasons ago

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:04pm On May 24
Jodera:

I'm hearing the recruitment team is looking for striker and would love to get one before preseason starts sha. Hopefully we'll get to see what they have for us

Hopefully. For the sake of balance to skillset of our best legs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:05pm On May 24
daveP:

One of the things that make me believe he can are

Firstly, that Real Madrid mentality he has. It's class

Secondly, he and Arteta are magnets in virtually every interpretation of what needs be done. Even in the top 6, i can say only 3 clubs have such kind of player in their team.

Thirdly, things are looking chaotic for rivals in coaching and team chemistry lately. If Pep leaves, unless Owners push self destruct button, this Arteta team is bound to dominate. We are bantered for building but those bantering can't even start their own new foundation laying. Hilarious and shows we should not expect miracles from them anytime soon.

This should make do.
I agree. Also, let me add that Arteta must manage his minutes next season. He needs to be rested/sub out in some games. This is where I really wish Vieira steps in. I would have mentioned Nwaneri whom Ode himself has been mentoring for some time now but I don't want to be too forward.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 10:05pm On May 24
germaphobe:
Give me one reason why you won't buy either home or away jersey if not both. cool kiss
๐Ÿซข๐Ÿ˜Ž
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:06pm On May 24
Jodera:

I don't think we need going back to what Ozil ought to have done perhaps aside scoring more cos it's two different systems. See Sanchez na, Sanchez is the perfect modern Arteta winger but he came to arsenal at the wrong era so those off the ball qualities wasn't effectively harnessed like them Mane own.

As for what Odegaard would adopt from Ozil, I don't think any for now. Vision, creative pass, press resistance, half space entry Odegaard have them in his arsenal too
This is just experimental nauuu๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† shuu. Me doing this one no impact anything na. Lol
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:10pm On May 24
mostob:
I agree. Also, let me add that Arteta must manage his minutes next season. He needs to be rested/sub out in some games. This is where I really wish Vieira steps in. I would have mentioned Nwaneri whom Ode himself has been mentoring for some time now but I don't want to be too forward.
That Vieira sub thing get as e be. Drop in quality once he's on in place of Ode is felt instantly. I dunno if more faith will be invested in him sha. Cos nothing is stopping him from getting minutes. He's fit. Fabio has his strengths he brings to the game no doubt. Just that, as you said, Arteta need to manage the minutes.

No player needs to be doing 90 back to back to back except the defenders in Saliba mould. Rest will be very superb on Odegaard too. But nobody needs to start skipping games like Saka(when replacement dey)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:27pm On May 24
daveP:
That Vieira sub thing get as e be. Drop in quality once he's on in place of Ode is felt instantly. I dunno if more faith will be invested in him sha. Cos nothing is stopping him from getting minutes. He's fit. Fabio has his strengths he brings to the game no doubt. Just that, as you said, Arteta need to manage the minutes.

No player needs to be doing 90 back to back to back except the defenders in Saliba mould. Rest will be very superb on Odegaard too. But nobody needs to start skipping games like Saka(when replacement dey)
Vieira can't give what Odegaard gives so there will always be a drop in quality. Ode is a leader and a pressing machine...two qualities Vieira doesn't possess. However, I still want him to get some minutes rest either towards the end of a match or against lower teams. I think Saka will be able to get his rest if that Rashford transfer later materialise.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:44pm On May 24
germaphobe:
Till i lay hands on the away game lemon green, i no dey eye any consequent jersey. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:46pm On May 24
mostob:
Vieira can't give what Odegaard gives so there will always be a drop in quality. Ode is a leader and a pressing machine...two qualities Vieira doesn't possess. However, I still want him to get some minutes rest either towards the end of a match or against lower teams. I think Saka will be able to get his rest if that Rashford transfer later materialise.
One just need anticipate what that drop will do to total game.

I no understand the Saka rest part linked to if Rash comes o. Will Rash play LW? Pls don't say Nelli will play LW abeg. ๐Ÿ˜น

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:25pm On May 24
Girona striker don win la liga Golden boot. He plays like someone Arteta would love.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 12:32am On May 25
daveP:
Girona striker don win la liga Golden boot. He plays like someone Arteta would love.
Villarreal still dey play tomorrow, he got no win if that Villarreal guy score two goals
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:07am On May 25
Jodera:
grin grin grin grin

Make you and Blueray fight cheesy grin

Fight keh ? Me I go beat spy ni. grin

I go beat am sotey Teaching hospital go use his treatment teach 3 set of medical students

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:37am On May 25
germaphobe:

I will surely buy the home and the black one in the coming weeks

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 7:49am On May 25
My Arsenal player of the season goes to Saliba
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:11am On May 25
Lush100:
My Arsenal player of the season goes to Saliba

If not for the fact that thereโ€™s bias for players whose team win the EPL, Saliba is supposed to be EPL player of the season .

Saliba partnership with Gabriel conceded the least goal in the league ( 29) . He was always there to make that crucial last ditch tackle .

Saliba played 38 games and he only conceded 29 goals ; heโ€™s just just 23 !

I may be wrong , but I donโ€™t think even the greatest defenders in the EPL posted these numbers at this age or at their peak .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:20am On May 25
Na wa o grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:25am On May 25
mostob:
Na wa o grin grin

And their useless fans think they were trolling us few days ago ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:45am On May 25
BlueRayDick:

And their useless fans think they were trolling us few days ago
I didn't believe this at first. Pep is even better but Arteta? grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:49am On May 25
Just checked now and I found out we are not likely to have players going for Olympics. Saliba is going for Euro... Japan may call up Tomiyasu but we should be fine with Timber.

Raya for Spain? In Olympic? I doubt. So we should have a full team for pre season.

BTW the idea of not visiting Dubai or Germany this time around is strange. That has always been our schedule.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:54am On May 25
germaphobe:

Villarreal still dey play tomorrow, he got no win if that Villarreal guy score two goals
I thought he picked up a knock or something. We'll see sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:56am On May 25
BlueRayDick:

If not for the fact that thereโ€™s bias for players whose team win the EPL, Saliba is supposed to be EPL player of the season .

Saliba partnership with Gabriel conceded the least goal in the league ( 29) . He was always there to make that crucial last ditch tackle .

Saliba played 38 games and he only conceded 29 goals ; heโ€™s just just 23 !

I may be wrong , but I donโ€™t think even the greatest defenders in the EPL posted these numbers at this age or at their peak .
The way they've been pushing Foden lately, agenda dey too. The wat English Ex-ints dey tok like say he be next Ronaldinho, even at the expense of Bellingham ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Smh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:01pm On May 25
Who watched Fashanu's Interview about football in the UK those years? Ian Wright also had his own done.
If you watch it, you'll have some hint about how truly, Wenger changed the approach to English football that year. No apologies for this, but no version of Nigerian Pro League can ever be as rough and thuggish as the English League of Fashanu's times. And it went on till 90s.

https://youtu.be/jUPJZaRXBrk?si=HsQI5iaVNN9KEEA8
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:17pm On May 25
daveP:
This is just experimental nauuu๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† shuu. Me doing this one no impact anything na. Lol
Lol...
The reaction I'm getting from this post is not the way I intended to pass it oo. grin

Apologies, but I don't know how you read it cos I never meant any attack or sort when writing that post. Na just innocent post cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:18pm On May 25
Spy.360:

I like him. I will not harm him or disfigure him face.

BlueRay.Dick:

Fight keh ? Me I go beat spy ni. grin

I go beat am sotey Teaching hospital go use his treatment teach 3 set of medical students

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3533) (3534) (3535) (3536) (3537) (3538) (3539) ... (3554) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mรฉs Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: germaphobe(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.