Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,332 members, 7,839,592 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2342207 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) ... (3536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:19am On Sep 02, 2021
iamoyindamola:
20m for another cb, you can't tell me arteta is not on a mission to ruin us
we fvcking need midfielders
We are surely going to 3 man defense
Another Defender in the building? I thought that Chun Lee is some Son or park ju sung kinda explosive forward?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 02, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Another Defender in the building? I thought that Chun Lee is some Son or park ju sung kinda explosive forward?
grin grin grin
You’ll sleep there, explosive forward kor, Dynamite defender ni.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dcrested(m): 10:14am On Sep 02, 2021
dcrested:
@bisqit you can do better than that.

C'mon man, stop being a baby.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:23am On Sep 02, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Trust the process. grin grin grin

Always remember, a good defense ensures long term progress.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 10:31am On Sep 02, 2021
edi287:

Nah he's actually an upgraded version of Chambers. He's not that quick and not the overlapping type. He'll mostly tuck in the middle while Ben White pushes up.
He's great on the ball and ambidextrous.

So basically he is a CB that can comfortably play RB...

....interesting shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:31am On Sep 02, 2021
ObaIgwe1:

“Our strategy is to fill our squad with some of Europe’s most exciting young talent, with players from both our academy and further afield, that can grow and develop together under Mikel to take us where we want to get to.

This is delusion of grandeaur... and it will end in tears .

This strategy didn't achieve much in wenger's later years and it won't achive anything at all now that we have Leicester, Spurs, West ham, Aston Villa attracting more quality players and actually having enough cash to splash than Arsenal

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:12am On Sep 02, 2021
You guys doing like TT is some average buy should first check out his game before you conclude.

Someone said he doesn't have pace!!! Wow. Most recovered tackles were from behind cos he was fast to reach the attacker. Then ball progression too. He's fast in a counter attack build up and good aerially. Fear his speed pls.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:16am On Sep 02, 2021
BlueRayDick:

This strategy didn't achieve much in wenger's later years and it won't achive anything at all now that we have Leicester, Spurs, West ham, Aston Villa attracting more quality players and actually having enough cash to splash than Arsenal

Can't but agree with you. Delusion of Elite type. If they want such talent then get them regardless of their price tag. That's where they'll go silent. Cos to even get good players will be much more easier to do than going after these young talents elite clubs are rushing for.

To get 4 of the best young talents right now will cos 600m alone.

Half of that is enough to get good players that can win EPL. grin

Granf Delusion!!

This VV and co are doing like APC faithfuls and Arteta is the Buhari!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:17am On Sep 02, 2021
Now i know people i will come for if this chinko flop cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:19am On Sep 02, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Now i know people i will come for if this chinko flop cool cool

Its easier that way than when he performs and i cant even come for anyone. Can't even recall the last decent Defender we got since Mertesacker set. He is tested and good.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:22am On Sep 02, 2021
daveP:

Its easier that way than when he performs and i cant even come for anyone. Can't even recall the last decent Defender we got since Mertesacker set. He is tested and good.
Are you saying mertersacker is a good cb
I haven't seen tomiyasu played before and i want to avoid youtube cos pepe scammed me with that

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:33am On Sep 02, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Are you saying mertersacker is a good cb
I haven't seen tomiyasu played before and i want to avoid youtube cos pepe scammed me with that

Mertersacker was decent for his size and frame.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:37am On Sep 02, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Mertersacker was decent for his size and frame.

What happened to his size and frame, the man is slow
There was this fulham/palace man he is also tall have forgotten his name
He always score and bully us, you can't compare mertasacker to him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 11:39am On Sep 02, 2021
kiss
BlueRayDick:

I think another way to look at his explanation can be that the club is broke as fučk and they can't bring in top quality players anymore so they have to rely on young prospects who will come cheaper as well as hiring a rookie coach who will be cheap too, hoping that the 'project ' succed.

But anyway we look at it, it means the club is going no where with the current board. I earnestly pray that Qatar ownership comes soon so that the likes of korenke, edu and Vinai can kiss the club goodbye for good.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
kodded:
kiss

I think another way to look at his explanation can be that the club is broke as fučk and they can't bring in top quality players anymore so they have to rely on young prospects who will come cheaper as well as hiring a rookie coach who will be cheap too, hoping that the 'project ' succed.

But anyway we look at it, it means the club is going no where with the current board. I earnestly pray that Qatar ownership comes soon so that the likes of korenke, edu and Vinai can kiss the club goodbye for good.
These are the people that won't let new management come in cos they are in comfort zone
No pressure at all, they embrace mediocre
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lordfave98: 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
iamoyindamola:

These are the people that won't let new management come in cos they are in comfort zone
No pressure at all, they embrace mediocre
They really are the genesis of Arsenal’s slump and sincerely speaking I don’t see us getting to that Height we once were as long as they are still here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
Lordfave98:
They really are the genesis of Arsenal’s slump and sincerely speaking I don’t see us getting to that Height we once were as long as they are still here.
That is just it....plain true
If we survive relegation this season, in the next 3 years i don't we will
If we continue this rubbish, others are over strengthened already
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lordfave98: 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
It really is pathetic seeing Arsenal in Shambles, we really are in need of overhauling right from the management down to the players. A serious overhaul and we also mental conditioning, well gotta keep my fingers crossed and just watch has things play out.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lordfave98: 1:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
iamoyindamola:

That is just it....plain true
If we survive relegation this season, in the next 3 years i don't think we will
If we continue this rubbish, others are over strengthened already
we have got a long way to go before we can even be seen as a top team now, I can’t even begin to imagine the amount of transfer window needed to even make our squad competent not to talk of even being worthy challengers for the Premier league title. Oh Arsenal how toothless thou has become embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2021
Lordfave98:
we have got a long way to go before we can even be seen as a top team now, I can’t even begin to imagine the amount of transfer window needed to even make our squad competent not to talk of even being worthy challengers for the Premier league title. Oh Arsenal how toothless thou has become embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed
This was my fear during Emery, people were busy applauding him while picking on all the senior players, screaming “play youth” while at it, in the name of we are rebuilding.

The weyrey was massaging his ego, he will leave folks like Ceb, Ozil, Torreira on the bench, sold Ramsey and was building his midfield around them Willock, Guen, Xhaka and AMN.

We were sinking the future was looking bleak yet peeps couldn’t see beyond their noses. If you talk they will say you hate Guen, if you shout they’ll say you hate “Emery_ball”, hence you hate Emery. They said he’s wants to play 4-3-3 abeg Who the fck plays 4-3-3 with 2 sluggish midfielders?

Arteta continues from where he stopped. we shouted saying this matter get as e be, they said “Defence wins you league”.

Chicken has come home to roost, we are sitting gidigba at 20th with -9 GD after 3 games y’all are now coming out to wail.

Y’all will know it’s easier to destroy than build. Imagine if it took 5 years to come this low imagine how long it will take to rebuild.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
Wenger has gone, Giroud has gone, Emery has gone, Guen has gone, Arteta will go, Na we go remain here.
When next you want to Stan a manager or player you’ll think twice about it

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lordfave98: 3:25pm On Sep 02, 2021
kokanepyramid:

This was my fear during Emery, people were busy applauding him while picking on all the senior players, screaming “play youth” while at it, in the name of we are rebuilding.

The weyrey was massaging his ego, he will leave folks like Ceb, Ozil, Torreira on the bench, sold Ramsey and was building his midfield around them Willock, Guen, Xhaka and AMN.

We were sinking the future was looking bleak yet peeps couldn’t see beyond their noses. If you talk they will say you hate Guen, if you shout they’ll say you hate “Emery_ball”, hence you hate Emery. They said he’s wants to play 4-3-3 abeg Who the fck plays 4-3-3 with 2 sluggish midfielders?

Arteta continues from where he stopped. we shouted saying this matter get as e be, they said ”Defence wins you league”.

Chicken has come home to roost, we are sitting gidigba at 20th with -9 GD after 3 games y’all are now coming out to wail.

Y’all will know it’s easier to destroy than build. Imagine if it took 5 years to come this low imagine how long it will take to rebuild.
@ bolded defence alone doesn’t win you the league, the Attack is also essential. Okay with all the additions at the back, where are we now and how many goals has been conceded with nothing to show forward, defence helps in the long run but attack is more important IMO, if you keep clean sheets and no goals to validate the win and increase your Goal difference, how does defence help you win your league.
Don’t go citing ATM as a case study of defence wins you the league, if their attack wasn’t sorted out last season how would they have won la liga, look at Bayern Munich, we can all agree that it’s their attack that has been instrumental and not the defence, cite one team that defence won them their league and I’d disprove you. I ain’t writing the defence off but the attack is pivotal to any team’s success just as the defence is.
My take in all these is, all the departments have got their roles to play including the midfield.
Any team that has the won the midfield has the upper hand in that match. If I’m wrong you could disprove me. At the end what matters is the 3 points and nothing more.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 02, 2021
Lordfave98:
@ bolded defence alone doesn’t win you the league, the Attack is also essential. Okay with all the additions at the back, where are we now and how many goals has been conceded with nothing to show forward, defence helps in the long run but attack is more important IMO, if you keep clean sheets and no goals to validate the win and increase your Goal difference, how does defence help you win your league.
Don’t go citing ATM as a case study of defence wins you the league, if their attack wasn’t sorted out last season how would they have won la liga, look at Bayern Munich, we can all agree that it’s their attack that has been instrumental and not the defence, cite one team that defence won them their league and I’d disprove you. I ain’t writing the defence off but the attack is pivotal to any team’s success just as the defence is.
My take in all these is, all the departments have got their roles to play including the midfield.
Any team that has the won the midfield has the upper hand in that match. If I’m wrong you could disprove me. At the end what matters is the 3 points and nothing more.
Do you understand my post at all?

Do I look like an advocate of “Defence wins you league”? And where in this post or any of my previous posts did you get that idea?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2021
Just look at grin cheesy

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lordfave98: 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Do you understand my post at all?

Do I look like an advocate of “Defence wins you league”? And where in this post or any of my previous posts did you get that idea?
I wasn’t arguing against you rather I was contributing to what you said and expressing my opinion. Did I say that you were an advocate of defence wins you league.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2021
We are winning the training league. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2021
Lordfave98:
I wasn’t arguing against you rather I was contributing to what you said and expressing my opinion. Did I say that you were an advocate of defence wins you league.
Okay noted. No vex. This club is making me lose my temper
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
Lordfave98:

I think you have misconstrued @Kokanepyramid. @Kokane is being sarcastic whenever he says “defense wins you league”. Infact he is the strongest advocate of the opposite on this thread and has been consistent about it. Whenever he uses that phrase, it is more of a joke/ diss at those who hold that position.. You may need to read into his post deeper especially his earlier posts.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
kokanepyramid:
Just look at grin cheesy
Na u18 una beat oo grin grin
cedric x2
martinelli
lacazette

You know you can't beat their big boys grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lordfave98: 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Okay noted. No vex. This club is making me lose my temper
No offence taken Bro, I can relate but I’ve learnt long ago how to be nonchalant about Arsenal’s shortcomings hoping for a better posterity.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Na u18 una beat oo grin grin
cedric x2
martinelli
lacazette

You know you can't beat their big boys grin grin
It’s the audacity to post it,

Height of shamelessness.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lordfave98: 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
Roland17:

I think you have misconstrued @Kokanepyramid. @Kokane is being sarcastic whenever he says “defense wins you league”. Infact he is the strongest advocate of the opposite on this thread and has been consistent about it. Whenever he uses that phrase, it is more of a joke/ diss at those who hold that position.. You may need to read into his post deeper especially his earlier posts.
reread my post, I knew he is against that defence wins you the league cause I’ve been silently following this page for six years now and have never commented until Today, I wrote that for if I’m not mistaken, spy and co.
Arsenal has invested heavily on our defence but where are we now, 9 goals conceded in three matches and nothing upfront. We have really sunk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) ... (3536) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.