Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,646 members, 7,861,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:49 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2360640 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Who are the people hating on him?

How does pointing out the deficiency in his game equate to "hating on him"?

Somebody made a point here on Friday that Pepe has been unable to get his mojo because he's playing in front of a static and lesser quality RB in the person of chambers; I agreed that is partly true, but that Pepe himself needs to get some things right like ball control, trapping the ball and making fast decisions on the go.

Yesterday game we saw Pepe playing with Tomiyasu who gave a really good performance on his debut, yet those aforementioned deficiencies in Pepe's game were still evident. Even when he was one on one with Norwich players, they quickly closed him them cos he was taking time to take decision which most EPL defenders won't allow u to do.
The fact that Pepe is not good in tight spaces isn't anything new.
The guy was dangerous yesterday yet dude was getting lambasted on Twitter because he miscontrolled the ball.
We know his weaknesses but some people need to chill.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2021
daveP:

How about Ben White's Performance vs Norwich?
He was tidy on the ball as you'd expect but a bit questionable defensively.
I worry about how poor he is at aerial duels.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:57am On Sep 13, 2021
edi287:

The fact that Pepe is not good in tight spaces isn't anything new.
The guy was dangerous yesterday yet dude was getting lambasted on Twitter because he miscontrolled the ball.
We know his weaknesses but some people need to chill.

If u understand the position we were in prior to signing pepe, then u will understand the grievances of those "lambasting" him. Before we signed pepe we all felt since Alexis left we've had a vacuum to be filled on the wings ; that we needed that explosive winger who would dominate whatever side of the pitch he's Deployed to.

We had thought Zaha would be the man but instead the club brought in Pepe who is about 10 million cheaper Than the former. Now pepe has been given enough time to settle; he's been given all the necessary boost to help him gain is confidence, he's been awarded freekick duties, takes almost all our set pieces, takes penalty kicks etc, yet he's nowhere near what we had hoped he would turn out to be.

Most people believe his signing had elements of money laundering embedded in it; I don't know how it is but Pepe hasn't justified he's been worth whatever was paid to secure his signature .

You must agree that while Arteta may not be the best of coaches, it is not his duty to teach a player like Pepe how to trap the ball, when to release a pass and not to "drimble" to a particular side of his feet as predicted by his marker.....

In summary Pepe himself needs to do better if he's to gain the confidence/respect if the fans....Respect is earned and not gained by emotional sympathy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:07am On Sep 13, 2021
I don’t know if it’s just me , but I think Ramsey deserves whatever has become of his Juventus career as of today.

I mean Arsenal gave that guy everything , wenger was patient with him even when he was always criticized for “dressing” the ball, slowing down the tempo of the match in build up to counter attacks , etc. The club gave him everything , even when he broke his leg and came back , we never gave him up easily like we did Eduardo.

Yet at the slightest chance he had he bolted and left the club at a time we were in dire need of decent midfielders .

It may sound cold , but I don’t pity him one bit seeing how his juve career had turned out to be.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:13am On Sep 13, 2021
BlueRayDick:

If u understand the position we were in prior to signing pepe, then u will understand the grievances of those "lambasting" him. Before we signed pepe we all felt since Alexis left we've had a vacuum to be filled on the wings ; that we needed that explosive winger who would dominate whatever side of the pitch he's Deployed to.

We had thought Zaha would be the man but instead the club brought in Pepe who is about 10 million cheaper Than the former. Now pepe has been given enough time to settle; he's been given all the necessary boost to help him gain is confidence, he's been awarded freekick duties, takes almost all our set pieces, takes penalty kicks etc, yet he's nowhere near what we had hoped he would turn out to be.

Most people believe his signing had elements of money laundering embedded in it; I don't know how it is but Pepe hasn't justified he's been worth whatever was paid to secure his signature .

You must agree that while Arteta may not be the best of coaches, it is not his duty to teach a player like Pepe how to trap the ball, when to release a pass and not to "drimble" to a particular side of his feet as predicted by his marker.....

In summary Pepe himself needs to do better if he's to gain the confidence/respect if the fans....Respect is earned and not gained by emotional sympathy
We really deserve the kind of players and manager we get, just cos we criticized Pepe some people already tagged us hater
We too they embrace mediocrity for this club this has always been out issue. Pepe had a bad game from Norwich point of view because we deserve better from him.
The fact that he couldn't beat Williams one on one is enough to enrage everyone, Tomi played to his strength even odeegaard was there to help him but Pepe is just pepe
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:18am On Sep 13, 2021
BlueRayDick:
I don’t know if it’s just me , but I think Ramsey whatever has become of his Juventus career as of today.

I mean Arsenal gave that guy everything , wenger was patient with him even when he was always criticized for “dressing” the ball, slowing down the tempo of the match in build up to counter attacks , etc. The club gave him everything , even when he broke his leg and came back , we never gave him up easily like we did Eduardo.

Yet at the slightest chance he had he bolted and left the club at a time we were in dire need of decent midfielders .

It may sound cold , but I don’t pity him one bit seeing
how his juve career had turned out to be.
One of the reasons I blame wengay till date, he was too sincere with his players yet they ain't loyal to him
From fabregas, nasri, rvp(this one still pain me till date) , Alexis , Ramsey
If these guys have small knock wengay will give them time to recover at the club expenses.
I trust Baba fergie they will chop pain killer tire and if any player try to jump across board he will finish his career and render such player useless
Wengay danced to his players wish
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:34am On Sep 13, 2021
iamoyindamola:

We really deserve the kind of players and manager we get, just cos we criticized Pepe some people already tagged us hater
We too they embrace mediocrity for this club this has always been out issue. Pepe had a bad game from Norwich point of view because we deserve better from him.
The fact that he couldn't beat Williams one on one is enough to enrage everyone, Tomi played to his strength even odeegaard was there to help him but Pepe is just pepe

Honestly it was sad watching him try to beat Williams over and o over and over again with little or no success. It leaves less to be desired of him if he can't even beat the young Williams who is inexperienced in the league; then who amongst the EPL experienced defenders will allow him the whole time in the world to think and dribble past him?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:43am On Sep 13, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Well I guess some fans call it optimism ; giving a player that is obviously not performing as much time as necessary to prove themselves.

Unfortunately when such players do, they end up leaving the club in the cold at the time the club needs them most.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 7:46am On Sep 13, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Honestly it was sad watching him try to beat Williams over and o over and over again with little or no success. It leaves less to be desired of him if he can't even beat the young Williams who is inexperienced in the league; then who amongst the EPL experienced defenders will allow him the whole time in the world to think and dribble past him?

Pepe a budding Arsenal legend couldn't beat on loan 3rd choice Man Utd left back?

2 years and counting. Still looking like Owo jona.

80 million Euro lazzident

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:50am On Sep 13, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I they reason hushpuppi get hand in Pepe deal grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:51am On Sep 13, 2021
afrodoc2:

Pepe a budding Arsenal legend couldn't beat on loan 3rd choice Man Utd left back?

2 years and counting. Still looking like Owo jona.

80 million Euro lazzident

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 13, 2021
BlueRayDick:
I don’t know if it’s just me , but I think Ramsey whatever has become of his Juventus career as of today.

It may sound cold , but I don’t pity him one bit seeing how his juve career had turned out to be.
Then peeps will still come here to yarn be patient with a player, he’s young we are building him at the detriment of current results.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 9:07am On Sep 13, 2021
if lacazette had played yday. I beleive he would have scored. He would have converted one of tierney's crosses. That dude is sharper than aubameyang.

Btw, y does tierney makes too much crosses even at places it is clear d cross wont get through. I dont knw abt u guys bt i like tavarez style of game compared to tierney.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:07am On Sep 13, 2021
daveP:

How about Ben White's Performance vs Norwich?
White's performance was decent enough. That's because he had quality around him. He isn't that better than Holding in terms of defensive duties like tackling and blocking, but he is faster and progresses the ball better. His value becomes more obvious with the likes of Gabriel and Tomi around him.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:28am On Sep 13, 2021
Silentgroper:
if lacazette had played yday. I beleive he would have scored. He would have converted one of tierney's crosses. That dude is sharper than aubameyang.

Btw, y does tierney makes too much crosses even at places it is clear d cross wont get through. I dont knw abt u guys bt i like tavarez style of game compared to tierney.
He is playing base on instruction, our stupid coach will rather let him spam crosses from morning till night
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:45am On Sep 13, 2021
ObaIgwe1:

With that performance yesterday from Tomi, the partnership of White and Gab, the performance of Lokonga and Odegaard, not forgetting the confidence at goal from Ramsdale, if the momentum is maintained with right tactics from our coach, I think we can safely say we had a good transfer window...

My one and only fear is whatever Arteta is coaching them should just be equally good...
Yes. I have also concluded we had a good window. It's now left for the manager to prove himself. The only area we didn't settle is attack but having Aubameyang and Lacazette, for a non-europe season should be ok. We could have added a CM but then we still have Xhaka.

All in all it's ok.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 10:17am On Sep 13, 2021
Good morning.. we go troll una till una go get sense cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:35am On Sep 13, 2021
I didn't get to watch the match on Saturday but I'll like to say something about Pepe...

I think a positional change might help Pepe but I'm not sure that won't affect the entire team. One decent thing I can say about him is he has goal instinct. Arteta should find a way on how he will set up the team so Pepe can move freely and be closer to the box instead of staying on the wing.

This is also applicable to Martinelli. We need these two inside(the box) rather than outside(on the wing)

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:45am On Sep 13, 2021
And...
One of Auba, Pepe or Laca needs to step up. I think we are the only top team lacking a player that brings in that *X-factor* . The signing of Bruno lifted Man u, and now they have Ronaldo. Liverpool has Salah, VVD and Mane. Chelsea has Kante, Jorginho. Man city has KDB.

Xhaka was supposed to be our midfield boss but baba dey accumulate cards. Auba too dey play like NEPA. Partey who was supposed to take over dey enter hospital steadily. Tierney is bout to get affected too. Instead of signing players, they are piling up responsibilities on the youngies.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2021
mostob:
And...
One of Auba, Pepe or Laca needs to step up. I think we are the only top team lacking a player that brings in that *X-factor* . The signing of Bruno lifted Man u, and now they have Ronaldo. Liverpool has Salah, VVD and Mane. Chelsea has Kante, Jorginho. Man city has KDB.

Xhaka was supposed to be our midfield boss but baba dey accumulate cards. Auba too dey play like NEPA. Partey who was supposed to take over dey enter hospital steadily. Tierney is bout to get affected too. Instead of signing players, they are piling up responsibilities on the youngies.

TOP team?

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2021
Can we not wail today? It’s a Monday.
We can start tomorrow. Considering our rivals will be preoccupied with Europe tomorrow hence we can wail unperturbed.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 1:46pm On Sep 13, 2021
Nicolas Pépé compared to other Premier League players on Saturday :

� Most Chances Created (6)
�= Most Shots (6)
� Most Accurate Crosses (5)
� Most Shots On Target (3)

He also got an assist. �️

(Data via @WhoScored)

#AFC | #Arsenal | #FPL

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
mostob:
I didn't get to watch the match on Saturday but I'll like to say something about Pepe...

I think a positional change might help Pepe but I'm not sure that won't affect the entire team. One decent thing I can say about him is he has goal instinct. Arteta should find a way on how he will set up the team so Pepe can move freely and be closer to the box instead of staying on the wing.

This is also applicable to Martinelli. We need these two inside(the box) rather than outside(on the wing)
It's Pepe who should be reading this. Inside the box he is a beast, outside he's a mouse. He needs to get inside the box especially now that he has Tomi in the same flank with him. Pepe's form can aid Saka getting a much needed rest.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
Fkhalifa:
Nicolas Pépé compared to other Premier League players on Saturday :

� Most Chances Created (6)
�= Most Shots (6)
� Most Accurate Crosses (5)
� Most Shots On Target (3)

He also got an assist. �️

(Data via @WhoScored)

#AFC | #Arsenal | #FPL

If stat padding was a person.... grin grin grin

Most fans who watched the match live were actually frustrated with Pepe, but then this stat is saying something else.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
BlueRayDick:
I don’t know if it’s just me , but I think Ramsey deserves whatever has become of his Juventus career as of today.

I don't pity him but he wanted to stay really. Mismanagement allowed his contract to run down and how could one refuse Juventus' 250k a week free transfer?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
BlueRayDick:

No club is going to take up that contract except Juve agree to pay his wages while he is away from the club. Worsestill, he is turns 31 in December!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2021
BlueRayDick:

If stat padding was a person.... grin grin grin

Most fans who watched the match live were actually frustrated with Pepe, but then this stat is saying something else.

I didn't watch the game sef, I just saw this stat and wonder how fans are divided on his performance.
I preferred Zaha over him always.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
Fkhalifa:

I didn't watch the game sef, I just saw this stat and wonder how fans are divided on his performance.
I preferred Zaha over him always.

Pepe was unable to beat Brandon Williams that Man utd loanee all tru the game....it was frustrating to watch. On some ocassions he failed to trap the ball while the young Williams was always closing him down before he thinks whether to dribble or sprint past him.

That stat no tell the true story of what happened on the pitch ; but he was kinda hardworking that day sha.

Auba na my guy but he messed up too in that match ; he had chances he didn't bury too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
Roland17:

No club is going to take up that contract except Juve agree to pay his wages while he is away from the club. Worsestill, he is turns 31 in December!

He will probably move to Cardiff or any Welsh team and enjoy his largesse after his contract expires at Juve.

E Don be for am
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
BlueRayDick:

The same Ramsey you all want out abi which one ? . so it's Ramsey fault now too ..
c'mon you Assnal fans just like to dey beef your ex players .
Sitting down on the bench at Juve winning trophies is far better than playing 90mins with the present Assnal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
fredoooooo:

The same Ramsey you all want out abi which one ? . so it's Ramsey fault now too ..
c'mon you Assnal fans just like to dey beef your ex players .
Sitting down on the bench at Juve winning trophies is far better than playing 90mins with the present Assnal.
My brother, even the way we are slamming Xhaka now, by the time he joins another club we will start whining. As for Ramsey, we miss his energy and ability to make those goal scoring runs into the box. However, it's only Wenger that knows how to use him.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2021
Spy360:

My brother, even the way we are slamming Xhaka now, by the time he joins another club we will start whining. As for Ramsey, we miss his energy and ability to make those goal scoring runs into the box. However, it's only Wenger that knows how to use him.

I delibrately didn't reply that guy because he's a troll and I don't feed trolls.

My points were very clear in my post, did u see anywhere I called Ramsey a bad player in that post? I only pointed out how Arsenal as a club(through Wenger) Gave everything to have ramsey become a big player. I think he spent almost 8 years or thereabouts at the club ; he broke his leg in between and spent over a year out injured, came back not so good still the Wenger held it down for him till he became a player we could rely on to man our midfield.

Players like Francesco Totti didn't even get half of the pampering, love and patience Ramsey got at the Emirates yet he played all his life at Roma.

Well I understand football nowadays is all about money, money and more money. I guess he should enjoy his time on the bench pending when his contract runs out at Juve

(1) (2) (3) ... (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.