Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,769 members, 7,837,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2340408 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) (2336) ... (3532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
And y’all should stop that shii about bringing back Wilshere. that’s the most asinine thing I’ve read here since “Walcott is better than C.Ronaldo”
It’s just painful to read.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 8:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
kokanepyramid:
And y’all should stop that shii about bringing back Wilshere. that’s the most asinine thing I’ve read here since “Walcott is better than C.Ronaldo”
It’s just painful to read.

Kokane

Just for academics purpose and not attempting to prolong the debate; since Arteta's time, considering ALL the players Arteta/Edu signed (Minus Willian which all agreed was a misstate that shouldn't have happened), if you were to advice Arteta, which players would you not have signed and which players would you have recommended we sign? Just wanna see other options we have.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
ObaIgwe1:

Kokane

Just for academics purpose and not attempting to prolong the debate; since Arteta's time, considering ALL the players Arteta/Edu signed (Minus Willian which all agreed was a misstate that shouldn't have happened), if you were to advice Arteta, which players would you not have signed and which players would you have recommended we sign? Just wanna see other options we have.
Going into last season and considering the situation with Ozil, I was expecting 3 midfielders at least. Partey, I was okay with Ceb partnering him then an elite AM in the mould of Maddison at least.

All these megedefegede signings that won’t walk into the starting line up are just a waste of time. It was the same formulae Emery did that made him tinker and tinker till everything turned upside down.

If Wenger is signing a player you already know what gap he’s there to close, Wenger’s period we had a starting line up, then he makes minor tweaks here and there depending on player availability and opponent.
You see All these tinkering every match day is not for me, it’s a sign of cluelessness. I can categorically say we are the team that tinkers the most among the big 6 teams in EPL.

Reason I stopped watching our games since last season, I only watch serious teams, I was surprised when Roland17 started telling me about comparing someone with Mari, Mari that I don’t even know what he looks like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:03pm On Sep 14, 2021
Spy360:

There's still room?
Glass legged players stay far awayyyyy undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 9:07pm On Sep 14, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Going into last season and considering the situation with Ozil, I was expecting 3 midfielders at least. Partey, I was okay with Ceb partnering him then an elite AM in the mould of Maddison at least.

All these megedefegede signings that won’t walk into the starting line up are just a waste of time. It was the same formulae Emery did that made him tinker and tinker till everything turned upside down.

If Wenger is signing a player you already know what gap he’s there to close, Wenger’s period we had a starting line up, then he makes minor tweaks here and there depending on player availability and opponent.
You see All these tinkering every match day is not for me, it’s a sign of cluelessness. I can categorically say we are the team that tinkers the most among the big 6 teams in EPL.

Reason I stopped watching our games since last season, I only watch serious teams, I was surprised when Roland17 started telling me about comparing someone with Mari, Mari that I don’t even know what he looks like

Great, I cannot fault any part of your post and I don't think many here disagree with this.

So basically you have no problem with the defenders we bought, but wish we had gotten better midfielders, with a better AM instead of Odegaard right?

You mentioned Maddison, I kinda noticed he has been on a decline towards the end of last season, and since the start of this season, he has not completed 90mins in any match neither has he offered any fantastic return, no goal and no assist either.

I agree with you that our midfield needs revamp, Xhaka should be gone already, only the managers know what he does off-field that make them keep him. In many people's opinion, Lokonga should be selected ahead of him. Also we need a better AM, we can not complain of money, if we can afford 50m defender, we surely should be able to cough out 60-80M for a good AM, but the question is: Which better AM will agree to come to Arsenal that is not playing in Europe? I am not fully sold on Maddison in his current form, maybe Edu and Arteta also saw his decline; reason no formal bid was made for him... Give me another name apart from Maddison that will readily come to Arsenal, high price notwithstanding.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2021
kokanepyramid:

In Arterta and Emery's defense, I want to say the club probably ain't ready to splash reasonable fee for an ideal signings that's the reason those coaches tinker with the megede and Academy graduates.
Just my opinion o.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
ObaIgwe1:

Great, I cannot fault any part of your post and I don't think many here disagree with this.

So basically you have no problem with the defenders we bought, but wish we had gotten better midfielders, with a better AM instead of Odegaard right?

You mentioned Maddison, I kinda noticed he has been on a decline towards the end of last season, and since the start of this season, he has not completed 90mins in any match neither has he offered any fantastic return, no goal and no assist either.

I agree with you that our midfield needs revamp, Xhaka should be gone already, only the managers know what he does off-field that make them keep him. In many people's opinion, Lokonga should be selected ahead of him. Also we need a better AM, we can not complain of money, if we can afford 50m defender, we surely should be able to cough out 60-80M for a good AM, but the question is: Which better AM will agree to come to Arsenal that is not playing in Europe? I am not fully sold on Maddison in his current form, maybe Edu and Arteta also saw his decline; reason no formal bid was made for him... Give me another name apart from Maddison that will readily come to Arsenal, high price notwithstanding.

I kinda fancy Nabil Fekir, though injury prone...
Also, I think this is where those in charge of transfers are failing, there's a way teams like Leicester discovere talents, Everton are doing good business on that front..

For me, there are abundant talented players around Europe and Africa who can be signed for not so expensive fees.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 9:22pm On Sep 14, 2021
Fkhalifa:

In Arterta and Emery's defense, I want to say the club probably ain't ready to splash reasonable fee for an ideal signings that's the reason those coaches tinker with the megede and Academy graduates.
Just my opinion o.

I don't think so. They paid 50 furcking millions for a defender they wanted... Maybe they couldn't find established players that will agree to come to Arsenal. Also I doubt many of these establish players respect Arteta that much to make them wanna become his boys.

Point is, we came to the market with money late, we should have gotten quality manager and players immediately Wenger left, but we missed that window, hence we have to settle for new and young talented players to start a rebuild.

For that line of process to change, we have to qualify for Europe and get rid of Arteta.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2021
Fkhalifa:

I kinda fancy Nabil Fekir, though injury prone...
Also, I think this is where those in charge of transfers are failing, there's a way teams like Leicester discovere talents, Everton are doing good business on that front..

For me, there are abundant talented players around Europe and Africa who can be signed for not so expensive fees.

The alternative route we could have gone is doing something similar to what Everton did... Rake out the best from mid table and bottom table teams.... but I am kinda looking for names that are better than what we already got, and players that will be allowed to come to Arsenal apart from Bissouma..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
cool

We still need a LW.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
ObaIgwe1:

On Maddison, I said “going into last season a midfielder in the mould of Maddison” I meant Maddison’s form prior to last season not after, “in mould of” that is, does not necessarily have to be Maddison.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:43pm On Sep 14, 2021
Can't but agree Pepe needs be faster at closing down spaces. Especially when no defenders are there if he beats his immediate marker. Auba showed him on Saturday. He can take a clue.

Meanwhile.... Martinelli?

Where's he?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 14, 2021
ObaIgwe1:

I don't think so. They paid 50 furcking millions for a defender they wanted... Maybe they couldn't find established players that will agree to come to Arsenal. Also I doubt many of these establish players respect Arteta that much to make them wanna become his boys.

Point is, we came to the market with money late, we should have gotten quality manager and players immediately Wenger left, but we missed that window, hence we have to settle for new and young talented players to start a rebuild.

For that line of process to change, we have to qualify for Europe and get rid of Arteta.
Imagine we had an AM with the creativity of Ozil and stamina of Ramsey, DM partnership in the mould of Coqueline the sweeper and Carzola, even if you have 2 Mustafis or 2 Luiz as CB you won’t be 20th on the log after match day 3.

The following window you bring in upgrade in defence and possibly attack. That’s systemic building.

This is what I’m trying to explain to guys here. All these trying to fix everywhere at a time is becoming evident it’s a waste of time and money. Las las they’ll all look average, then we rinse repeat in the next transfer window. We’ve been doing this since Emery money keeps going down the drain and we keep dropping on the log each season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Imagine we had an AM with the creativity of Ozil and stamina of Ramsey, DM partnership in the mould of Coqueline the sweeper and Carzola, even if you have 2 Mustafis or 2 Luiz as CB you won’t be 20th on the log after match day 3.

The following window you bring in upgrade in defence and possibly attack. That’s systemic building.

This is what I’m trying to explain to guys here. All these trying to fix everywhere at a time is becoming evident it’s a waste of time and money. Las las they’ll all look average, then we rinse repeat in the next transfer window. We’ve been doing this since Emery money keeps going down the drain and we keep dropping on the log each season.

Ok got what you mean.

Since we missed the opportunity window to effect real and clear change after Wenger left, right now do you have players in these moulds you described here, that are better than what we already have and will readily leave their club and come to Arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 10:28pm On Sep 14, 2021
Roland17:

You may disagree but this is where Wenger should get the credit because we were punching above our weight. We had no business finishing 3rd/4th with those players when you consider the other teams we were competing against for top 4.
Remember during those consecutive UCL appearances where we finished 3rd/ 4th we had a horrible squad. Infact we were all begging for the club to spend but somehow, Wenger continued to use that same squad to not only qualify for the UCL but make it out of the group stages and into the Q-finals in some instances.
that is because he had solid technical midfielders that could create something out of nothing.

Bar partey, I dont think any of our current midfielders could play in that team. The likes of ESR and oddegard could be coming in from the bench.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2021
Fkhalifa:
I want a situation where Arsenal will sign more midfielders, so we can have another Midfield wins you the league episode cheesy

Midfield fit no win you league, but midfield go gurantee you top4
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:57am On Sep 15, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Glass legged players stay far awayyyyy undecided
grin grin grin

I know that some will not see the sarcasm but will start sulking.

Nevertheless, I think he should train with the team. First because he used to be one of our own, a true gunner and second our youngsters can learn from his experiences, especially someone like Patino, who is almost a replica of him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:04am On Sep 15, 2021
ObaIgwe1:

Ok got what you mean.

Since we missed the opportunity window to effect real and clear change after Wenger left, right now do you have players in these moulds you described here, that are better than what we already have and will readily leave their club and come to Arsenal?
You see the way you are asking these questions and getting amala instead as answers, that's how their brains work. Simple questions, they start pounding fufu.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:11am On Sep 15, 2021
kodded:
that is because he had solid technical midfielders that could create something out of nothing.

Bar partey, I dont think any of our current midfielders could play in that team. The likes of ESR and oddegard could be coming in from the bench.
As a matter on comparison, most of our present midfield all represent that countries' NT (bar ESR). During Wenger's late era, practically none were in their NT.

The problem we had was that we failed in the transition from Wenger to Emery. Emery should have been given enough money and stayed a bit longer.

This window, I think we are getting it right, but it will come with sacrifices as we have now had to begin from scratch. But it will eventually click. Even if Arteta leaves, the plan should remain intact with a successor that will be willing to see it through.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:57am On Sep 15, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Just my opinion o.
Then use the money available to get the desire midfielders not spending more on defense that will still concede
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:58am On Sep 15, 2021
kodded:

Midfield fit no win you league, but midfield go gurantee you top4
That's our point, atleast we are not winning the league yet
We grow from there
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:54am On Sep 15, 2021
daveP:
cool

We still need a LW.
Martinelli was meant to fill the role, but he is falling short if expectations. He had chances to play there in our previous three matches but didn't take them.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
Spy360:

Martinelli was meant to fill the role, but he is falling short if expectations. He had chances to play there in our previous three matches but didn't take them.

But i think the lab experiments of coachito is what's making it look like Nelli is that bad. Especially as KT doesn't gel with him any time he plays there. Might be wrong. But i think 9 is okay for him.

If Pepe is trusted, Nelli should be more...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
daveP:

But i think the lab experiments of coachito is what's making it look like Nelli is that bad. Especially as KT doesn't gel with him any time he plays there. Might be wrong. But i think 9 is okay for him.

Martinelli can't play as a 9 unless we're using a fluid front three. He and KT rarely gel because he likes to drift to the bye line instead of cutting inside. This leaves little space for Tierney to execute his anywhere belle face crosses. Martinelli needs to play closer to the box. He is a wide forward, not a winger.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2021
daveP:

He will get his chance in the cup game alongside Tavares. That chance will be golden for him. He has to score and assist, else the bench will be longer.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
mostob:

Martinelli can't play as a 9 unless we're using a fluid front three. He and KT rarely gel because he likes to drift to the bye line instead of cutting inside. This leaves little space for Tierney to execute his anywhere belle face crosses. Martinelli needs to play closer to the box. He is a wide forward, not a winger.

Exactly my point. That Winger thing isnt going to bring the best out of him. And he really needs confidence right now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
mostob:

He needs to find the place and fast. There's space on that left side, he has this season or risks being shipped out next summer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2021
Spy360:

He will get his chance in the cup game alongside Tavares. That chance will be golden for him. He has to score and assist, else the bench will be longer.

There should be some sort of ting among the fans that no extra campaign going on. But it isn't there. Well lets looo forward to the cup games.

Just watched a clip where Pires did one Ozil type of chip assist for Toure. He had Thierry nearby and someone else open but chose to gift Toure, who buried it past the Leeds Gk.

Class.

If Wengerball can just return to current Arsenal.... Its going to be sweet.

Now its just anywhere belle face.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
daveP:

Exactly my point. That Winger thing isnt going to bring the best out of him. And he really needs confidence right now.
There's space on that left wing for him to claim. That Saka was played there is bad for him. He has to up his game and fast. I like him really, I like his passion and drive and really hope he claims that spot. Let Saka and Pepe drag the RW.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2021
Spy360:

There's space on that left wing for him to claim. That Saka was played there is bad for him. He has to up his game and fast. I like him really, I like his passion and drive and really hope he claims that spot. Let Saka and Pepe drag the RW.
As for me, I'd rather a new LW is gotten. Experienced one. Then let Nelli get his chances at either the 9 or the LW. But as they said, Arteta has the walls of his home scattered with tactics and formations and he definitely overthinks.

Auba 4goals already. I think Laca will be back soon tho.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2021
daveP:

There should be some sort of ting among the fans that no extra campaign going on. But it isn't there. Well lets looo forward to the cup games.

Just watched a clip where Pires did one Ozil type of chip assist for Toure. He had Thierry nearby and someone else open but chose to gift Toure, who buried it past the Leeds Gk.

Class.

If Wengerball can just return to current Arsenal.... Its going to be sweet.

Now its just anywhere belle face.
Wenger ball requires technical midfielders with low centre of gravity and positional freedom especially among the front three.

Arteta insists that players maintain their positions. It's ok if you have intelligent runners, and through ball specialists. But lo.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2021
daveP:
As for me, I'd rather a new LW is gotten. Experienced one. Then let Nelli get his chances at either the 9 or the LW. But as they said, Arteta has the walls of his home scattered with tactics and formations and he definitely overthinks.

Auba 4goals already. I think Laca will be back soon tho.
I sincerely want him back o. Let's see something different.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) (2336) ... (3532) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.