Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:06 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2359861 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
ObaIgwe1:

You are talking about James Olayinka right? Good guy, 20yo

Let's hope the sale of Elneny will still go through. Arsenal rejected 1st offer, we don't know the amount, but I am thinking it is in a bid to get more money. They still have like a week before their window close, maybe they will present a 2nd offer for him.

If not, the guy will walk out free soon.
The fact is, it's the TD who minds the business end of things that would want to sell. A manager who is desperate would rather keep everybody just in case. If he's sold its Edu's call. If he stays it's Arteta's call. So I understand why Elneny is still around.

James Olayinka is less of a prospect than Azeez howbeit he is older. At 20, if he doesn't cut it now he would be sold to a League 1 club.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2021
For those of us wondering what Arteta's tactics will be...
On paper, 4-2-3-1

................. Aubameyang...............
ESR............. Odegaard......... Saka
.......... Lokonga .......... Partey.......
Tierney.. Gabriel... White... Tomiyasu

Attacking, 3-2-4-1
Tierney....ESR.... Odegaard... Saka
....Gabriel...... White... Tomiyasu....

Or, 3-1-5-1

Tierney.ESR.Odegaard.Saka.Tomi
...................... Partey......................
....Gabriel.... Lokonga... White.......

Defending, 4-4-2
...... Aubameyang... Odegaard.....
ESR..... Lokonga ... . Partey... Saka
Tierney.. Gabriel... White... Tomi

What ya say? cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:20pm On Sep 09, 2021
Spy360:
For those of us wondering what Arteta's tactics will be...
On paper, 4-2-3-1

ESR............. Odegaard......... Saka
Tierney.. Gabriel... White... Tomiyasu

Attacking, 3-2-4-1
Tierney....ESR.... Odegaard... Saka
....Gabriel...... White... Tomiyasu....

Or, 3-1-5-1

Tierney.ESR.Odegaard.Saka.Tomi
...................... Partey......................
....Gabriel.... Lokonga... White.......

Defending, 4-4-2
...... Aubameyang... Odegaard.....
ESR..... Lokonga ... . Partey... Saka
Tierney.. Gabriel... White... Tomi

What ya say? cool

This one u are putting Auba in Top 9 in all the formation, match will start now and Arteta will shunt him to the left undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:50pm On Sep 09, 2021
��Mikel Arteta's press conference ahead of Norwich city.

�Arteta on team news

"We haven't trained yet so we're still waiting for three players back. Almost everybody will be available."

�Xhaka update

"He's still in his country. He needs to stay there until Saturday I believe. As soon as he's okay to travel he'll be here with us."

�Arteta on Arsenal's Premier League form

"We have to reset now. We have to get everybody back on track and start to win football games which is what we have to do."

�Arteta on the Arsenal project

"We have tried to explain the project and the decisions that have been made over the last few months. The amount of changes in the past two years is almost 30 players.

It's a project that we believed in and we all take responsibility. Now we have to make it work."

�Maitland-Niles resolution

"Any private conversation with players, what we believe the role they have in the team, is always resolved privately. I am happy that he has stayed, it was our intention and he's another player in the squad."

�Tomiyasu update

"We need a work permit first. The club is working hard to try and achieve that in the next couple of hours."

Arteta: "Tomiyasu has the ability to play anywhere in a back four. He gives us different qualities in that right back position. He brings qualities that we didn't have in the squad."

�Arteta on the challenges his squad is facing

"We have a completely different squad. It's unheard of. Now we have to make it work, we have to glide it together, build relationships, chemistry and understanding. We have to do that really quickly."

�Arteta on Smith Rowe:

"He's carrying an illness. He's not been feeling good. Let's see how he is in the next couple of days."

�Arteta on Bellerin:

"He's been a really important part of everything that happened at #AFC in the last 10 years. He's an exceptional player and incredible player, & he will be missed. He's loved by everybody at the club. He needed a new challenge so we decided to let him go."

�Arteta on whether Jack Wilshere could train with Arsenal:

"Our doors are always open."

�Arteta on Nelson

"I think it's a club that's going to suit him really good. A manager that really rates him. He's going to get the time to play. It's been a difficult year for him."

[Football London/ Chris Wheatley]

So Tomiyasu cannot play until he gets work permit .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
BlueRayDick:

This one u are putting Auba in Top 9 in all the formation, match will start now and Arteta will shunt him to the left undecided
Middle will now be like ghostland
Yet Tierney will still be spamming crosses according to his oga instructions
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:54pm On Sep 09, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Amn likely to play then
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:14pm On Sep 09, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Amn likely to play then

That is if Arteta will still not force chambers to play RB or even play Tavares there. I noticed in the games he’s brought in Tavares he played him on the right side ....... Na only Arteta understand his own tactics o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:28pm On Sep 09, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Well it is based on him playing a single striker. If he shunts Auba to the left then the whole formation changes to two front men. He needs to have both ESR and Odegaard on the pitch for maximum creativity which the team lacks so much.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Jack Wilshere?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chuksverty: 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
#TunnelTv : POST MATCH REACTION ARSENAL VS CHELSEA(0-2)."I'M LIVID...I'M ANGRY N I'M NOT HAPPY...ARTETA IS LOST"��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxNaffEs6qI
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
Spy360:

Jack Wilshere?

It’s no news he’s clubless....

Maybe what Arteta is trying to say is that the club is open to allowing him train with dem Boys to keep in shape pending when he gets a new club. I doubt he can be registered as an arsenal player as of today .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2021
BlueRayDick:

It’s no news he’s clubless....

Maybe what Arteta is trying to say is that the club is open to allowing him train with dem Boys to keep in shape pending when he gets a new club. I doubt he can be registered as an arsenal player as of today .
Free agents can still be registered.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:45pm On Sep 09, 2021
Spy360:

Free agents can still be registered.

Oh....I see. I really do not fancy the club registering him, the guy's got glass legs. If he's registered now and they commit to paying him some wages, he might just get injured after a game or two and we will be paying him for services not rendered.

I will only support registering him of he will be on a "pay as you play" contract. That way we will get value for our Money. Anything apart from that he used be given access to training facilities but not registered abeg.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Oh....I see. I really do not fancy the club registering him, the guy's got glass legs. If he's registered now and they commit to paying him some wages, he might just get injured after a game or two and we will be paying him for services not rendered.

I will only support registering him of he will be on a "pay as you play" contract. That way we will get value for our Money. Anything apart from that he used be given access to training facilities but not registered abeg.
Good idea. He is a CM and used to be quite a good one too. I wonder how life just finish the guy like that.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2021
BlueRayDick:

His work permit has been approved and now in contention to start against Norwich.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2021
Spy360:

Good idea. He is a CM and used to be quite a good one too. I wonder how life just finish the guy like that.

He had his own demons, but injury really finished him. He just couldn't stay fit.

I don't know if this is out of place, I'm not a cience student but as a social science person I believ in scientific research. I hope somebody can take it upon himself to write a paper to investigate what may have been responsible for players like Diaby, Wishere etc to be injury prone while their contemporaries aren't...... Is it their lifestyle? feeding process or what exactly?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2021
Roland17:

His work permit has been approved and now in contention to start against Norwich.

That's good news then
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:36pm On Sep 09, 2021
BlueRayDick:

He had his own demons, but injury really finished him. He just couldn't stay fit.

I don't know if this is out of place, I'm not a cience student but as a social science person I believ in scientific research. I hope somebody can take it upon himself to write a paper to investigate what may have been responsible for players like Diaby, Wishere etc to be injury prone while their contemporaries aren't...... Is it their lifestyle? feeding process or what exactly?
I think they managed their earlier ankle injuries poorly. A turn tendon in the ankle will need a long time to strengthen after surgery. But hurry hurry to play will make that place a loose joint and so any slight tackle will lead to being sidelined.
Robin van Persie had a similar injury and had to spend over six months with a traditional doctor in Denmark who claimed to use animal placenta to fix the place. It kind of worked for him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:37pm On Sep 09, 2021
Roland17:

While it's good news, he should wait till next game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:29pm On Sep 09, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I don't know if this is out of place, I'm not a cience student but as a social science person I believ in scientific research. I hope somebody can take it upon himself to write a paper to investigate [b]what may have been responsible for players like Diaby, Wishere etc to be injury prone [/b]while their contemporaries aren't...... Is it their lifestyle? feeding process or what exactly?

Genetics is the simple answer. I think it has been researched before..Not sure but I have read something like that before. Genetics determine a lot in the human body and that includes ability to recover from certain injuries/ sickness. The tackle by Dan Smith of Sunderland in 2005 season, I think started his journey. He never fully recovered from that anyways because he reinjured it several times afterwards. Also, the type of treatment offered is a huge determinant. Diaby was one of my favorite players I had followed religiously because I believed in his prospect and ability to give us a semblance of what the great Viera offered us. I think I have written several posts about Diaby in the past.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:51am On Sep 10, 2021
Roland17:

Genetics is the simple answer. I think it has been researched before..Not sure but I have read something like that before. Genetics determine a lot in the human body and that includes ability to recover from certain injuries/ sickness. The tackle by Dan Smith of Sunderland in 2005 season, I think started his journey. He never fully recovered from that anyways because he reinjured it several times afterwards. Also, the type of treatment offered is a huge determinant. Diaby was one of my favorite players I had followed religiously because I believed in his prospect and ability to give us a semblance of what the great Viera offered us. I think I have written several posts about Diaby in the past.

Wow! Thanks for the education.
That means it's a case of one's talent not agreeing with with his body architecture..... Guess nature dis such players wrong

I also do like Diaby in hey days at Arsenal, his frequent injuries just made me frustrated and made us forget how good he could've been. Almost the same thing is happening to Pulisic and our fellow Londoners are already bemoaning his ill-luck
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 10, 2021
Its gon’ be a blockbuster Arsenal vs Norwich relegation battle don’t miss it for anything.

You gon’ be bored to death!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:49am On Sep 10, 2021
kokanepyramid:
Its gon’ be a blockbuster Arsenal vs Norwich relegation battle don’t miss it for anything.

You gon’ be bored to death!!!
grin grin grin
Blood thirsty early relegation battle at the emirates
You miss this you miss out

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:43am On Sep 10, 2021
AMN is pushing to start ahead of Lokonga Vs Norwich. He has a strong case going by the opinions during training.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
Garba Lawal Nigeria's NT has become a dumping ground for failed stars who did not cut it with other countries.

I think he is right. In as much as I do not fault anyone who chooses to play for another country, anyone who has represented any other country at youth level and because he didn't get a chance to play for their senior team wants to now join Nigeria so that he can play in the WC is nonsense.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2021
Spy360:
AMN is pushing to start ahead of Lokonga Vs Norwich. He has a strong case going by the opinions during training.
Sambi should start abeg .... We can't trust AMN with midfield duty yet.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2021
Spy360:
Garba Lawal Nigeria's NT has become a dumping ground for failed stars who did not cut it with other countries.

I think he is right. In as much as I do not fault anyone who chooses to play for another country, anyone who has represented any other country at youth level and because he didn't get a chance to play for their senior team wants to now join Nigeria so that he can play in the WC is nonsense.

Using 3-6 of such players will reset the entire structure that such players think as an option. That way they'll think better before repping. As much as we all want to say the NT is not as big as others, the players themselves need know that not all teams can just be hopped on as escape route to glory.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2021
TT kept it hot in training. So did AMN.

New kid from Zaria on the block. Sada!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
Roland17 I think this solves the line up? Only Mikel no go reason use Auba the right way plus overdependence on TopCrosser.

There was a time i remember (hums)

Memories bring back memories bring back Who?

Patino 87..... Calls for him to hit the gym already increasing from Arsenal fans in London. They can't wait.

Overall, i won't lie, if Wishere got advicers to make him go la Liga,by now....

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
Remove Leno angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.