Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2339030 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (3530) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 25, 2012
proudly9ja:

^^
We can still rise from the ashes. Lets wait and see what Arsene has in mind as per January signings and also pray the injured guys return soon

Which January, dis one wey don reach 26th? Baba Ijebu no go sign dodo and y'all better expect RVP to leave too  cry cry cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 2:45am On Jan 26, 2012
Lool, U know baba Ijebu na last minute person. Let's wait for January 31.

Apart from that, Ive resigned to taking every game as it comes for Arsenal. If RVP leaves and we don't get a new striker, we go continue to take am like that. In fact, if we continue like this, I will support RVP leaving us.

Some seasons ago, I asked that Arsenal fans protest against Arsene's stubborness but I was told to shut it. I also mentioned some time ago that after Arsene has thrown us in a mess, he'll prolly leave for another club while we the fans have to support the club through the mess. Again I was told to stop supporting the club if I couldn't accept that 'Arsene knows best'. So after years of screaming, Im much calmer now to accept whatever AW and his board decide to do with the club. When they are satisfied with their experiments, they will let go and we can move on.

#egobetter

Meanwhile, believe it or not, Rwanda's president Kigame supports Arsenal! Here is what he had to say on twitter!

"I very much support Arsenal - but to be honest Wenger needs to coach another team now and Arsenal needs another coach," Kagame wrote.

"When a good team (players) and a good coach fail for long to deliver, one of them has to change, or even both!!"

Kagame is one of the club's many famous followers - another is Fidel Castro, apparently - and for his 50th birthday was sent an Arsenal banner signed by the entire squad along with a personal letter from Wenger.

Yet that present didn't stop the president from having his say.

"The real/main danger is for anyone to get used to mediocre/lacklustre performance and/or results and accepts to live with it … or keeps finding excuses for it!!!"

Na Goodluck I dey wait for now. We would need plenty of his goodluck at the mo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 5:50am On Jan 26, 2012
^^

Which Goodluck ? Jonathan ? ? shocked shocked Abeg oo lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 6:24am On Jan 26, 2012
naijababe:

Thread title not quite apt anymore. I hope i wont be supporting a division two Arsenal fc a few years from now  cry cry cry cry. Abeg dudu, enough of the postulations jo

Sweetie pie  kiss The thread title is great and will definitely happen.
Hope springs eternal my dear, a run of 4 wins and the tune will change again. For most gunners, Arsenal is either in dire straits or wonderland. You peeps don't do middle ground well.  tongue
The truth about the club is evident in those figures and I don't believe in putting my mouth where my money aint.

@proudly
If Kagame is really serious, let him go and buy the club like the Arab people and run it as he wishes jare.  cheesy

Newcastle fans were making noise all over the place 2/3 seasons ago but when they knew Ashley wouldn't change, they kept quiet. They went into the Championship and are back again but is anyone of them complaining now?
Blackburn Rovers fans did the same earlier with Steve Kean thinking they could force him out  but Venkys stuck to their guns and now they've all mellowed.
I have never seen a fan revolt succeed where the board have stuck to their guns except if the manager gets fed up and walks and I'm not so sure that would be the best for Arsenal.

I am just praying for a top four finish so we can regroup over the summer, I'd advise all Arsenal fans do the same.

Meanwhile, your boy is doing his best to prove me wrong o, he made a hat-trick of assists midweek for Stevenage. I'm beginning to wonder if we have some kinda buy-back clause in the deal that took him there.
I'm also sensing some kinda link up between Stevenage and Arsenal and I hope it bodes well for our youth development. Arsenal/Kroenke's influence seems to be growing there.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 8:55am On Jan 26, 2012
See someone still expecting Wenger to sign this January after he openly declared his hatred for January window and prays for it to be scrapped.

Me think finishing top 4 will do more harm than good to us. After another woeful season, the board will come out again to say Wenger has always delivered champions league qualification for 50yrs blah blah. Then, we see the departure of the likes of RVP and the likes of Chamahk,Arshavin,Squill and Djourou remain.

The chairman said Arsenal can survive without UCL money, so I guess we don't really need the money in order to survive.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by call4shola(m): 11:23am On Jan 26, 2012
For arsenal true fans; you need to support them in hard times like this, just a few good run of form would improvem make us forget all these brouhaha, as for me I decided to just watch their games and expect noting so fantastic, year in year out, its same story, the chance we got last year was the carling cup but we threw it away also.

I am too young to have hyperthension so lets just enjoy good footie, wenger does not need trophy in the next 10 years, so when hes ready he'l do what he needs to do to get the right players, he's a shareholder and he and the board have converted it to a profit making venture,
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
Very crucial period for AFC and only Wenger seems not to be seeing that. The reality that we are hoping chelsea (a team we haven't finished above in any recent season) capitulate in order than get that forth spot is perturbing. It appears we are gradually surrendering our yearly champions league spot as we refuse to sign the quality to keep us up there.
Tottenham have taken our place and Chelsea would certainly buy back whatever they loose out of this season. The painful thing is when the chips finally fall, the top players leave and the likes of JD and Walcott remain - then the total transition to a mid-table team.

My Arsenal sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2012
duduspace:

Meanwhile, your boy is doing his best to prove me wrong o, he made a hat-trick of assists midweek for Stevenage. I'm beginning to wonder if we have some kinda buy-back clause in the deal that took him there.
I'm also sensing some kinda link up between Stevenage and Arsenal and I hope it bodes well for our youth development. Arsenal/Kroenke's influence seems to be growing there.

The guy scored two goals last week before the midweek performance. Im still not sure why we sold him especially considering that the current bunch of players in the reserves and U18 are not really stepping up. From the little I saw of him when he was with us, my expectation was that he'l be ready for the first team by 2014. There's something going on in the reserved which we know little about. From the current trend, Aneke will probably leave at end of the season (he's currently on loan at Stevenage) and one or two of the goalkeepers too. After JET and Freeman, Ive stopped making predictions about who will survive but there's a young guy at the U18 who has great vision and his passes are almost Cesc like. If the guy doesn't make it, Il be surprised.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2012
errm in case some of you guys haven't noticed, the "good" footie is a long gone mirage.

i havent seen that in a long while now, so much that even the useless english press have forgotten their pet "tippy tappy" phrase when describing arsenal.

as far as i know dudu is in denial. i fully expect him to recover by nexy year just like debo has done tongue tongue tongue

truth be told, it will not help arsenal at all to finish in top 4, neither do i want to watch europa league. therefore i fully support the current push to loose as many games as possible.! tongue tongue tongue

the part i just still cannot fathom is this "nobody but arsene can coach arsenal" mentality. irritating, and very very wrong. but then, when u eep finding and accepting excuses for mediocrity and failure. . . . . . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
arsenal fans are back to their perennial gnashing of teeth.
when will this pain ever end?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 4:05pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^
I won't call it PAIN. Let's use PHASE
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 4:07pm On Jan 26, 2012
dipo+:

^^
I won't call it PAIN. Let's use PHASE

almost 7 yrs without a trophy is "phase"

are you aware may 2012 would make it the 8th year since arsenal last won the league?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^

You think that will be the case perennially? Change gonna come wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:45pm On Jan 26, 2012
GAYYners how markate?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 5:49pm On Jan 26, 2012
dipo+:

^^

You think that will be the case perennially? Change gonna come wink

i don't think so. . . . .the gloatings are just for bragging rights.
arsenal were just unfortunate they were light-weight in the positions where united are the strongest.
valencia/nani would trouble any full-back in europe. . . . .when a team now plays makeshifts like djourou and vermaelen then there can only be one outcome.

it's wenger's fault though.
he should have bought a full back when the window opened.
i am sure he could have secured a loan deal somewhere in england.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 6:52pm On Jan 26, 2012
Next season is for Arsenal.
[size=4pt]na so we they talk every season[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by PoDeep(m): 6:58pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^
*sheds tears of blood*
We know.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2012
coogar:

i don't think so. . . . .the gloatings are just for bragging rights. grin
arsenal were just unfortunate they were light-weight in the positions where united are the strongest.
valencia/nani would trouble any full-back in europe. . . . .when a team now plays makeshifts like djourou and vermaelen then there can only be one outcome.

it's wenger's fault though.
he should have bought a full back when the window opened.
i am sure he could have secured a loan deal somewhere in england.

Even with our makeshift fullbacks (of which I don't consider TV one since he plays the position for his country), we could have beate[b]d[/b]grin united.
United didn't take most of their chances and put themselves in a dangerous position by letting us equalize. Wenger's clanger killed any chance we had
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 10:07pm On Jan 26, 2012
dipo+:

Even with our makeshift fullbacks (of which I don't consider TV one since he plays the position for his country), we could have beate[b]d[/b]grin united.
United didn't take most of their chances and put themselves in a dangerous position by letting us equalize. Wenger's clanger killed any chance we had

i doubt it. . . . .united had arsenal pinned down.
that arsenal equalized at all was because fergie was playing god at the emirates. . . hernandez should have been introduced in the 60th minute to really murder per metrsacker with his blinding pace and exquisite finish!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kaypumpin2(m): 12:37am On Jan 27, 2012
Yawwwnnnnns.

Where is slimshay these days?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 12:47am On Jan 27, 2012
4llerbuntu:

errm in case some of you guys haven't noticed, the "good" footie is a long gone mirage.

i havent seen that in a long while now, so much that even the useless english press have forgotten their pet "tippy tappy" phrase when describing arsenal.

as far as i know dudu is in denial. i fully expect him to recover by nexy year just like debo has done  tongue tongue tongue

truth be told, it will not help arsenal at all to finish in top 4, neither do i want to watch europa league. therefore i fully support the current push to loose as many games as possible.! tongue tongue tongue

Your own don pass denial, how does it help any club to finish in a lower position with a financial difference of about 25m when that club is already struggling with its peers when it comes to spending?  grin grin
I might be wrong o but I don't think Debo will join you to wish that Arsenal miss out on a top 4 finish.

kay_pumpin:

Yawwwnnnnns.

Where is slimshay these days?

Was just about asking o, I miss am nor be small. Trust him to defuse the tension on the board.
Are you back?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 12:50am On Jan 27, 2012
What is this I hear about contract negotiations with Theo? The only contract negotiation I want to hear is RVP. If he is demanding 500k per week, they must give him.  cheesy

And why the hell doesn't Gervinho sell out Cote D'Ivoire like Ba and Cisse have sold out Senegal for a quick return to their club? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kaypumpin2(m): 1:03am On Jan 27, 2012
duduspace:

Was just about asking o, I miss am nor be small. Trust him to defuse the tension on the board.
Are you back?

Nah bro,still here.Had to give up my Villa ticket to a friend sef as i have to stay back to sort a few things.

You reckon we will still make top 4?Unless Chelsea suffers the "arsenal fate"(which is nearly impossible),i doubt it is possible.The gooner part of me though,still feels we can win the league. cheesy grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 8:51am On Jan 27, 2012
We want to finish top four when Ramsey is our main attacking midfielder. grin
You think Ramsey should be in elite europe ahead of D.Silva, Rooney (let's just say) , Modric and Mata in one season .
Guys please wake up and stop these dreams.
We are not as strong a team as any of those teams afore-described and so DO NOT deserve to finish above them except we are grand patrons of mediocrity.
I hope the delusion that our current squad is better than tottenham's has been rectified.
We are not top four material and so should not expect such LUCK.
I am an advocate of #arsenalforeuropa dis season cos then the club chiefs may invest properly.

coogar:

i doubt it. . . . .united had arsenal pinned down.
that arsenal equalized at all was because fergie was playing god at the emirates. . . hernandez should have been introduced in the 60th minute to really murder per metrsacker with his blinding pace and exquisite finish!

Hernandez is an observer when playing against us.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:38am On Jan 27, 2012
duduspace:

Your own don pass denial, how does it help any club to finish in a lower position with a financial difference of about 25m when that club is already struggling with its peers when it comes to spending?  grin grin
I might be wrong o but I don't think Debo will join you to wish that Arsenal miss out on a top 4 finish.

Are you back?

well it won't help because

1. no matter how much money the club has, they wont spend on what they need.

its not true that the problem now is a "lack" of money, afterall even the board always announces that there is money to spend tongue the issue is the will and common sense to do so.

2. finishing in the top four will only give u and wenger more reason to give us rubbish excuses and congratulate urselves for being also rans.

3. there is a need to urgently deflate wenger's arrogance and debunk the myth that no matter what he guarantees CL footy, even when he does the wrong things.

4. im sure even you understand that europa league football will only make our season performances worse and further embarass us, since we know we will lose scandalously to those useless clubs that populate such competition.

5. dont you think its better to completely pull down in order to build up? going back to go forward is a smart option now for arsenal.
lets borrow the Nigerian "drawing board"

6. i am quite sure debosky is a progressive and will agree with my view tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin

@ coogar, well i dont see anyone gnashing anything here. thanks but no thanks. u can go now. don't let the door hit u on your way out
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:09am On Jan 27, 2012
duduspace:

I am not in agreement with WANTING Arsenal to fall out of the top 4, but I feel that may be the only thing that shakes the club out of its collective slumber.

In fact, it may take an outright mutiny by fans to get the board to either fire Wenger or force a change of strategy in terms of buying players and not perpetually waiting for (a) players to return from injury or (b) 'youth' to develop.

Dudu you know all the lies about 'keeping our powder dry for January' that Gazidis talked about? On the 27th there's still no talk of a signing, only the USUAL nonsense from AW that there is no quality available/ it is overpriced. This two faced behaviour of Arsenal FC needs to come to an end.

Everton is broke and their fans know they're broke so no one bashes Moyes for not signing players. We need to know what our position truly is.

I am fully convinced that nothing short of 'disaster and disgrace' will move this club to act on urgent failings. We have become complacent in this 'comfort zone' of the top 4.

The board will continue paying Wenger to tell us the stories they want while hiding the truth. If it all falls apart and Wenger gets kicked out or 'forced' to spend the available cash (if any), then we'll see the true situation of things and set our expectations accordingly.

Right now all we have is Wenger's spin - and I've stopped believing that for 4 seasons and the board refuses to come clean either.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2012
Seriously speaking, if we end up in europa, we are likely to be disgraced by the europa teams. Arsenal is still well respected but by now we are not feared by any team that can do as much as qualify for europa, and europa 'rats' tend to eat BIG MEAT for glory sake.

Oh my Arsenal embarassed

One more thought, I think if Wenger can make top four dis season, he won't finish outside that top four in any other season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 1:08pm On Jan 27, 2012
4llerbuntu:

@ coogar, well i dont see anyone gnashing anything here. thanks but no thanks. u can go now. don't let the door hit u on your way out

go f@ck yourself, you sheep shagger.

dipo+:

Hernandez is an observer when playing against us.

he would have eaten your defence alive if he had featured on sunday.
if welbeck can maul metresacker, think of what chicharito would do with his direct running and exquisite finishing!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2012
Will the last person to leave the Emirates Stadium turn the light off. cry cry cry cry

Dudu, you are not helping o, if i gave my boss your kinda explanation for non performance and not improving my performance, I'd have out of a job a long time ago.

Anyway sha, make we dey see. Here's to RVP's exit in the summer to a non NFA club angry sad undecided lipsrsealed cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 1:24pm On Jan 27, 2012
naijababe:

Anyway sha, make we dey see. Here's to RVP's exit in the summer to a non NFA club angry sad undecided lipsrsealed cry

You know RvP really could leave. Cool! Not too many ladies like to interface with truth

coogar:

he would have eaten your defence alive if he had featured on sunday.
if welbeck can maul metresacker, think of what chicharito would do with his direct running and exquisite finishing!

Welbeck and Chika are too different-styled strikers. Welbeck sometimes falls deep to pick the ball whereas Chika is always waiting to tap-in. Chika has got nothing on Arsenal defense, previous games prove that
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2012
dipo+:

[b]You know RvP really could leave. Cool! Not too many ladies like to interface with truth[/b]Welbeck and Chika are too different-styled strikers. Welbeck sometimes falls deep to pick the ball whereas Chika is always waiting to tap-in. Chika has got nothing on Arsenal defense, previous games prove that

It would be grossly selfish to expect him to stay. as good as he is, he has won f@ck all. Even king Henry knew he had to leave us to win the Champs league.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2012
dipo+:

Welbeck and Chika are too different-styled strikers. Welbeck sometimes falls deep to pick the ball whereas Chika is always waiting to tap-in. Chika has got nothing on Arsenal defense, previous games prove that

he murdered arsenal's defence in last season's fa cup tie.
szczesny would tell you about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (3530) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MrJaay(m), PendragonVII, johnjunior39(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.