Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,130 members, 7,860,062 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:56 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2358705 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (3548) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
edoyad:

That has been on my mind all summer. He probably was the hardest working striker in England last season. Off load Gervinho and bring in Benteke

Sharrapp your stinking mouth before I shove my shoe in it. grin grin Bloody Dandauda.

Sensible clubs are still buying players, Wait for night market when correct people don go house before you come and buy your type of player like Podudski, gervinho, Per Ballscratcher Djourou, Santos, Denilson etc. You sef wan better thing na him you dey support Assanal

Benteke ko, Alhaji Kwaranga ni
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 11, 2013
Boys just dey drop names for thread like say Wenger dey follow read their posts undecided

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:38pm On Jul 11, 2013
^^ you don forget say Wenger be my uncle on my mama's side? cheesy

He reads my posts. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 9:00am On Jul 12, 2013
debosky: Shebi you were claiming to have told us bout Grenier - the same Grenier that has just extended his contract at OL? cheesy

Even proudlybollocks sounds like too good a name for you now. grin
I said we were INTERESTED in Grenier, Sanogo and Crowley. We have Sanogo and Crowley will join soon. He will play his first game for us tomorrow. We bid for Grenier but his club refused. No big deal.

debosky: Meanwhile, I've said Arsenal should be more interested in signing someone like Benteke than these other lads. Granted he's only had a season so far, but he has the desired qualities to offer credible competition to Giroud.

@ PB what about your rumour about Cesar? grin grin grin
Did you hear how much Villa are demanding for Benteke?
I still believe Caesar will join us this summer. We have sold Manone and have only two first team goalkeepers. From what I have seen of Martinez, I doubt AW has any confidence in him as first team GK. Fabianski's contract runs out next season and I doubt he will renew unless he's ready to be second choice behind Szczesny.
Schwazer would have been my second choice behind Caesar but he's gone to Chelsea now.

I think the problem we have is that most clubs now know we have money and seem to want more than we are willing to pay for players. Arsene Wenger in his usual way is calling their bluff. I still believe we will sign Higuain and Caesar this season. There are chances we will sign one more name whom I won't say now so I don't get into trouble again but Ive hinted before in the past.

Meanwhile, it's likely we are shipping off Gervinho. He's not on the team to Asia. I hear he is 'sick'
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 10:42am On Jul 12, 2013
dayokanu:

Sharrapp your stinking mouth before I shove my shoe in it. grin grin Bloody Dandauda.

Sensible clubs are still buying players, Wait for night market when correct people don go house before you come and buy your type of player like Podudski, gervinho, Per Ballscratcher Djourou, Santos, Denilson etc. You sef wan better thing na him you dey support Assanal

Benteke ko, Alhaji Kwaranga ni

Adodi Don Diddy, Ordinary Lewandhorsefaceski una no fit sign but una want us to take una seriously. Shebi many clubs Don recover from financial struggles, make we see whether una go smell quarter finals.
Meanwhile better start one yabbies thread make we use destroy you before season start next month, wéré tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
debosky: ^^ you don forget say Wenger be my uncle on my mama's side? cheesy

He reads my posts. tongue

No wonder! That's where you got your hooked nose grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kcjazz(m): 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
proudlysports:

I think the problem we have is that most clubs now know we have money and seem to want more than we are willing to pay for players. Arsene Wenger in his usual way is calling their bluff. I still believe we will sign Higuain and Caesar this season. There are chances we will sign one more name whom I won't say now so I don't get into trouble again but Ive hinted before in the past.

Meanwhile, it's likely we are shipping off Gervinho. He's not on the team to Asia. I hear he is 'sick'

lol even BBC gets it wrong sometimes. Sports journalism is all about speculation and opinions, keep breaking

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
Arsenal asian tour of Indonesia. Pics...

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2013

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2013

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 3:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
loyika: As usual other clubs make signings without much fuss and Arsene and co just diddle around stroking each other paddle.

How has it gotten to this Being a "Gooner" is so hilarious now adays.

So flipping sad watching Spurs getting their transfer right and Arsenal being used as the laughing stock of football. Must we wait till the window closes after we have played some games to buy whom we want?

That is not the ambition of the big club we claim to be.

Why is Arsene so scared of spending money, yet the club aren't scared to charge the highest ticket prices in England? As in i don't get. I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE CLUB ANYMORE!! I REALLY DON'T!?

I don't recognize this Arsenal, i don't have any player in the team left that i look up to or associate with. Gone are the days of being proud that we had players like Fabregas and Henry in the team, how in heaven's name are we meant to boast with Oliver Giroud ffs!!

Spurs fan - We have Bale and Paulinho amongst others cool
United Fan - Where do we start cool
Citeh Fan - Even the backroom staff are packed to the rafters with class cool
Chelscum Fan - We have The Only One

Are we doing our transfers in Hausa that other clubs don't get what we are saying Or na "Cowries"[i][/i] Arsenal dey use as money to bid for players, i don't get

PLEASE SOMEONE WAKE ME UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE!!

cry GOONER 89
Arsenal Fans - We have errrmmm undecided Theodore Walcot and errrmmm Kos and errmmm Santi
maybe wenger ia waiting for the economics of the markets to tak effect and the prices of individual players should fall...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 3:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
naijababe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin angry

naijababe I tot u were an arsenal fanz?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
I never added rooney and suarez , I wonder where u got that..

dare2think:

When Jesus comes!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
kcjazz:

lol even BBC gets it wrong sometimes. Sports journalism is all about speculation and opinions, keep breaking

Thank you jare...please help us pass this very vital info to debosky
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by OAM4J: 6:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
Higuain Still Wants Arsenal Move, According To Madrid’s ‘Mouthpiece’

With all the rumours concerning Luis Suarez flying about, talk of Gonzalo Higuain has quietened down somewhat in recent days. However, he was back in the news over in Spain today with newspaper Marca claiming that the striker is still looking to leave for Arsenal despite Real Madrid wanting him to remain at the Bernabeu.

You should know the story by now. We were reportedly close to sealing a £23m deal for Higuain last week when Madrid upped the ante at the last minute, demanding we paid nearer £27m. We backed off and have since switched our focus to Luis Suarez, leaving Higuain’s future up in the air.

Marca – who are known to have close ties with Madrid and are regularly called the clubs ‘mouthpiece’ – claim that new Real boss Carlo Ancelotti is happy for the striker to remain in the Spanish capital and fight for his place, but the player is understood to be adamant he want’s to leave in search of a new challenge and is keen to move to the Emirates having held positive talks with the club.

When a player is determined to leave, it’s rare they don’t get their way, so the signs are that Higuain is still very-much on the market. The only problem being that Marca claim that Madrid are still demanding £27m for his services. So unless Arsene Wenger is prepared to up his bid, we’re still stuck in limbo.

Although the Spaniards have just splashed out over £30m to sign midfielder Asier Illarramendi from Real Sociedad, so there is a chance they may now be prepared to lower their expectations in order to get some money in and balance the books.

Perhaps Madrid have seen us step up our interest in Suarez and have now ‘leaked’ this story of Higuain still wanting to leave to Marca to get our attention again?

Whatever happens, I just hope we hurry up and get something done quickly. If we really want Higuain, just go all-out and get a deal done. If Suarez is our No.1 target, then do all we can to make it happen. No more messing about, just go hard for your targets and pay the going rate. We expect clubs to pay top whack, so we can’t complain when clubs do it to us. If Adebarndoor was worth £25m, Higuain is most certainly worth £27m!

http://www.arsenalstation.com/2013/07/12/fellaini-fears-wengers-priorities-will-scupper-23-5m-arsenal-move/

lol @ Adebarndoor cheesy

Fellaini Fears Wenger’s Priorities Will Scupper £23.5m Arsenal Move

Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini is concerned that his ‘dream’ move to Arsenal won’t go through because Arsene Wenger is more concerned about signing a striker, so say the Independent.

The Belgian was strongly linked with a move to the Emirates during the early weeks of the summer transfer window with some reports claiming we’d triggered his £23.5m release clause and a move was understood to be close.

However, those reports ultimately proven incorrect and no deal has been struck, and rumours linking Fellaini to Arsenal have died down in recent weeks with most of the talk centered on us bringing in a world class striker.

Instead of Fellaini on the back pages, it’s now Gonzalo Higuain and Luis Suarez and it does appear as though Arsene Wenger’s priority is to sign a striker before moving on to other areas of the squad, and this has supposedly got Fellaini worried that a move to the Emirates isn’t going to happen this summer.

The Independent claim that Fellaini’s £23.5m release clause expires on the 15th August and the 25-year-old fears that if Arsenal haven’t signed a new striker by that point, then he’ll miss out on what they say is his ‘dream’ move to north London. There is also a concern that Wenger is prepared to use the majority of his £70m kitty to buy TWO top-class forward’s this summer, leaving little left over to sign Fellaini.

Judging by how thin our options are up front and how desperate we are for a world class front man, I agree that our priority should be to sign a player like Luis Suarez or Gonzalo Higuain, but I don’t understand why a club like Arsenal can’t multi-task?! Surely we have enough resource within the club to be able to negotiate two deals at the same time?

Although saying that, it seems we don’t have anyone capable of closing a deal at all, which is a worry in itself. We heard all the talk from Ivan Gazidis about how we had money to spend and wanted to do our business early in the summer, yet here we are already in pre-season with no big name signings through the door.

But we have to stay positive and trust things will eventually start to happen, but I’ll be hugely disappointed if we pass up the opportunity to sign Fellaini because we couldn’t get our business done in time.

http://www.arsenalstation.com/2013/07/12/fellaini-fears-wengers-priorities-will-scupper-23-5m-arsenal-move/

These guys are eager and willing to come to Emirates, Wenger should do something and quick jare and stop chasing Suarez' shadows
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
purplekayc: naijababe I tot u were an arsenal fanz?

Yes now. I was angry I laughed his joke na! abi u no see the angry face ni tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 3:01am On Jul 13, 2013
For those interested in our Youth set up, Crowley like we RELIABLY said on Thursday, played his first game for the youth team yesterday (Friday) and apparently, he had a very good game. Wellington Silva also featured in that game.

Two of Arsenal's new boys made their first appearances in Arsenal shirts this evening.

At the turn of the month we took a look at four players tipped to complete moves to Arsenal, which included young guns Jamaal Raage and Dan Crowley.

While Arsenal's main squad of stars, plus several hotly tipped youngsters, are off in the Far East on tour - the teenagers left behind are busy trying to make an impression.

The club's reserves took on Sutton United on Friday evening, and it provided both Crowley and Raage with opportunities to make their debuts.

Crowley has signed from Aston Villa, and has been compared to Jack Wilshere by a couple of the national papers. A lazy comparison for a teenage English midfield player perhaps but high praise nonetheless.

Raage is a Swedish forward signed from Brommapojkarna, who impressed after a successful trial with the club last year.

Crowley was the one who got the start, operating between midfield and attack, and at the age of just 15-years-old was highly impressive.

He had fans raving about his performance on Twitter;

While Arsenal's official website also picked out Crowley for particular praise in a 4-3 win for the Gunners:

"The performance of Dan Crowley, making his debut after signing from Aston Villa, was a particular highlight. The 15-year-old was composed in possession, clever on the ball and always seemed to find a yard of space."

Crowley ended the game with two assists, if you include winning a free-kick as one, when he was brought down on the edge of the box.

Midfielder Jack Jebb curled home an impressive free-kick after Anthony Jeffrey had scored the Gunners' first goal. Captain Isaac Hayden scored a third before Crowley got in on the act again.

His quick footwork allowed him to put in a cross for Jack Jebb to score his second of the game, and the goal which proved to be the winner for Arsenal.

And that was just in the first half. He was one of nine starters substituted at half-time as the club rotated their options. Notable players brought on were Wellington Silva, back from his loan in the Spanish lower leagues, and other debutant Jamaal Raage.

The Swede played on the right of midfield and won praise from the official Arsenal site as 'looking lively throughout', while also winning praise on Twitter for his performance, if less polished than that of Crowley.

Crowley was seen as the next jewel of Aston Villa's talented production line, with the Midlands club triumphing in the NextGen Series, and Arsenal have clearly done well to prise him away.

Next season when the club head off on pre-season, don't be surprised to see Crowley following the footsteps of Gedion Zelalem and being invited on board.

For the moment, his debut has shown he is going to be a real player to watch over the course of the season ahead.
http://hereisthecity.com/2013/07/12/crowley-and-raage-star-for-arsenal-reserves-on-debuts/
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 3:07am On Jul 13, 2013
OAM4J:

lol @ Adebarndoor cheesy

These guys are eager and willing to come to Emirates, Wenger should do something and quick jare and stop chasing Suarez' shadows

I mentioned the politricks RM (via Marca and Perez) and Arsenal (via UK tabloids) are playing over Higuain and Suarez. It will be left to see who will blink first.
Truth is, whilst AW is hoping RM will drop their asking price on Higuain by flirting with Suarez (a player we definitely cannot 'afford'), Madrid can afford to keep Higuain for another season even if its on the bench.
Worst case scenario, we will lose out on Higuain, perform poorly in the EPL (I doubt the current strike force is good enough) and RM will suffer a 'slight' dint on their wage package.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chamotex(m): 4:07am On Jul 13, 2013
Proudly is the new Duduspace wink cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:20am On Jul 13, 2013
chamotex: Proudly is the new Duduspace wink cheesy

aswerigad.

I don't suppose he also knows how duduspace ended up.
we still looking for the nigga cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2013
aaaaannnnd right on cue:
news.arseblog.com/2013/07/wenger-looking-for-quality-not-quantity/

cheesy cheesy

suckers
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 10:56am On Jul 13, 2013

i met duduface in manchester wearing man utd shirt. he said he's now a true united fan.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by olabukola: 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
purplekayc: .....
wetin dem win?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
4llerbuntu:

aswerigad.

I don't suppose he also knows how duduspace ended up.
we still looking for the nigga cheesy

Frankly where is duduspace
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 6:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
biolabee:

Frankly where is duduspace

Prepping for the " the return of Arsenal" .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 7:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
edoyad:

Prepping for the " the return of Arsenal" .

Haha..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 3:07am On Jul 14, 2013
^^ No laugh o, Dr. Dudu na true gunner to the bone. This season just might be the season his prophecy comes to pass. We are now financially stable and ready to spend some cash.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 10:01am On Jul 14, 2013
julio cesar ready to sign for napoli , una no buy am again , i love ASSnal grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 4:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
Abeg which kain wish be this. Duduspace is on another level o.. I support Arsenal thru and thru but that doesn't mean I would close my eyes to the akagum manner the board currently run the club. I also do not have the belief that our youth team will suddenly be good enough to win the league whilst other clubs are spending money to buy top quality. That one na dudu's dream

Talking about youth team, at least if AW is struggling to buy players for the first team, it's good to see class oozing from that youth team. Kris Olsson, Zelalem, Eisfield, Akpom and Gnabry all proved their worth today. Good goal by Olsson too. They have Crowley and Wellington Silva waiting for them back home. I doubt even the boys from Aston Villa would stop us from winning the youth league this season.

Miguel needs to go on loan though or probably just sell him off. I feel sorry for Chuks, all his team mates from the 'glorious' era are either off or in the first team already (Jack, Gibbs, Szczesny). He's the last one remaining and seeing Arsene play him as a CB today may imply he's probably on his way out too. We just have too many midfielders competing for places.

Nice work out for the boys. 7 goals, 2 by Giroud ... who needs Higuain when you've got Giroud grin grin grin grin
(Na joke I dey joke o)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by OAM4J: 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2013
fredoooooo: julio cesar ready to sign for napoli , una no buy am again , i love ASSnal grin grin

from fredoooooo-ongbonafelifelisportsnews.com abi? cheesy

Anyways from our un-reliable sources, Julio Cesar is still in the market, Napoli only signed Brazilian goalkeeper Rafael from Santos.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Jul 14, 2013
Even on Sunday Bayern completed the signing of Thiago Alcantara yet some useless clubs dey wan sign Higuain since May
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Dgunnerz(m): 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
dayokanu: Even on Sunday Bayern completed the signing of Thiago Alcantara yet some useless clubs dey wan sign Higuain since May
Hmmn#
Una never finish spending Champey money now.abi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (3548) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.