Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,167 members, 7,852,972 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:19 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2354471 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by EejaNla01(m): 9:27am On Jul 22, 2013
I fear the money will now be splashed on suarez,leaving Arsenal with no orther option.

I call for massive protest angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:35am On Jul 22, 2013
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
Roland17:

Depends on what you are also reading

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8835023/carlo-ancelotti-denies-deal-agreed-to-sell-real-madrid-striker-gonzalo-higuain-to-napoli

Higuain scored in yesterday's friendly for Madrid.
Lol what did you expect Ancelotti to say? He's a pro and knows it aint over till the player signs the dotted lines

You guys did not buy Higuain when he was less than 30 mil do you honestly believe its when Madrid have hiked the price to almost 35 mil that Arsenal will buy him?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 12:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
Is proudlybollocks around to provide any updates? cheesy

A-40:

You guys did not buy Higuain when he was less than 30 mil do you honestly believe its when Madrid have hiked the price to almost 35 mil that Arsenal will buy him?

Have they actually hiked the price? Was he ever available at the rumoured £23m? Is Arsenal actually interested and have Arsenal actually made any bids?

It's interesting how you're selectively treating rumour and conjecture as fact.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
debosky: Is proudlybollocks around to provide any updates? cheesy

Have they actually hiked the price? Was he ever available at the rumoured £23m? Is Arsenal actually interested and have Arsenal actually made any bids?

It's interesting how you're selectively treating rumour and conjecture as fact.
Hey those season tickets would not sell themselves now would they? I don't believe anyone above 5 years of age should actually believe Arsenal can afford Higuain with Wenger and his goons in charge
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
A-40:

Hey those season tickets would not sell themselves now would they? I don't believe anyone above 5 years of age should actually believe Arsenal can afford Higuain with Wenger and his goons in charge

Arsenal can afford Higuain - with the new Emirates deal bringing in £30m extra every season. How much is Higuain again? £37m? Are you now claiming that, without the Emirates deal, Arsenal can't afford to pay £7m player?

This is not even factoring in the yet to be officially confirmed Puma deal, which will bring in another estimated £30m per year, or the improved revenue from the TV deals in which will likely double what Arsenal makes from £55m at the moment?

What is in dispute is whether Arsenal will spend. The club definitely can spend if it chooses to.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
^^^^

Una never see nathing (with my liberian accent) , na co-operative money (owo alajeseku)una go use buy am ,just keep your own apart o cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
^^ fredo you go wound oh. Don't think awon iyas are slow to act - they are just giving you a long rope to hang yourself with. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
I can smell Higuain moving to Napoli, then Ancelotti using the money from the transfer to bounce on Suarez, with rooney press bound to Chelsea. Then Arsenal isn't showing any sign of seriousness.

besides sebi they have the almighty Oliver Giroud who has scored about 6 goals in their pre season tour, so Giroud might be telling them in his own style:
Man city have Jovetic, Negredo, dzeko, Aguero
Man utd have RVP, hernandez, welbeck
Chelsea have lukaku, demba ba, torres and probably rooney
While we have podolski, yaya sanogo, walcott and also myself.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
This is someone's comment on a thread now on front page about a broken hearted woman attempting suicide grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
There's no update beyond what I said last on Higuain. We are still on his trail.

We could and should have got him two/three weeks ago but our delay based on our belief that we could get him for lower than 23M coupled with RM's interest in Suarez messed up the whole thing. Now we just have to wait till tail end of transfer window. I for one do not believe we will go into the season with Giroud as our 'only' top striker. I also do not believe AW wants Suarez. My sources confirmed that we actually did bid for him but my own opinion (I may be wrong) is that Suarez is not Arsene Wenger type of player in terms of on and off the field antics. The only reason I am tempted to believe Suarez to Arsenal story (in spite of the bid) is that Suarez wants to leave and we are one of his options. Asides that, I feel our bid is just a distraction.
If he joins us (like someone mentioned to me today that he's really close to), I'll be glad and I will forgive all of Arsene's sins including that of letting RVP go to ManU cheesy

Gazidis is in Asia BTW, that's where the money is cheesy

As it is now, it seems we may even need an additional defender or two. Koscielny and Monreal are out for 4 weeks (hopefully nothing more), TV5 is out which means we will be playing Sagna as CB in our Champ's lge qualifying match(es) and we are only one injury away (Gibbs) from chaos.

Meanwhile, did you guys see the passes from Zelalem? That guy will set the youth league on fire this season. Can't wait to watch him alongside Crowley, Olsson and Gnabry this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
debosky:

Arsenal can afford Higuain - with the new Emirates deal bringing in £30m extra every season. How much is Higuain again? £37m? Are you now claiming that, without the Emirates deal, Arsenal can't afford to pay £7m player?

This is not even factoring in the yet to be officially confirmed Puma deal, which will bring in another estimated £30m per year, or the improved revenue from the TV deals in which will likely double what Arsenal makes from £55m at the moment?

What is in dispute is whether Arsenal will spend. The club definitely can spend if it chooses to.
How does that song go again? "Kiku ma pa maga mi" I'm sure that's what Wenger sings every morning. Those monies might be "available" theoretically but by the time those fat cats in your board are done lining their pockets there wouldn't be much left to spend. You guys don't have that kind of chips to throw around grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
I'm sure Wengers new deal would be signed sharply but to sign Higuain na WAEC
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
dayokanu: I'm sure Wengers new deal would be signed sharply but to sign Higuain na WAEC
As Executive Producer/Director of Trophyless na him dem must sign first for Season 9
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
dayokanu: I'm sure Wengers new deal would be signed sharply but to sign Higuain na WAEC

waec self don easy to pass.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
Since the Higuain issue, I've been skeptical about posting news from my reliable sources cheesy
However, I will post this one because three of my sources have confirmed it. I will add my caveat though. When it comes to Arsenal and Arsene, there can always be last minute changes.

Barring last minute change of mind by Arsenal/Arsene, Bernard would be in London this weekend after the copalibertodores (however that one is spelt). My sources are 90% sure of this but at 20M, it doesn't feel like a typical Arsene signing. Anyways, we should know by Monday

May I remind us though, that a few weeks ago, I said there's a mystery signing coming up, even with all my mouth, I am 'afraid' to mention his name. I have given hints over the past few pages. When I am 99% certain, I will mention his name cheesy

Meanwhile, where's Chamakh?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
Proudlybollocks,

So you no know say Na Porto and Tottenham dey pursue Bernard since?

if he come London na for Spurs

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/215557.html

But wetin una need Bernard for when you already have Walcott who plays similar
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by bellong: 7:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
Bernard has been reported by the rumor bearing daily mirror and the sun. The signing is expected to be concluded by friday according to them.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2013
I really wish this thread could be locked until the new season starts! I am tired sad

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iykmora(m): 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
it is now d case of 'guess work' for proudly...i pity anythin associated wit goooners! They should be made of very tough tissues dat absorb 'heart-breaks'

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iykmora(m): 9:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
seems d Bernard to ars£na rumour will see d light of d day. But never say aye till d headlines scream 'done deal'

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
naijababe: I really wish this thread could be locked until the new season starts! I am tired sad

iyalaje , sorry maam , form they if you want to join a new team. by the way where is your own co-operative money( owo epo mama oo grin ) , we must buy higuain even if baba ijebu refuse to spend money cheesy tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2013
So proudlybollocks is claiming to bring information already on the web – the Mirror for instance? Is that an exclusive? cheesy

Bernard ko Bolingo ni. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
^^^^
una fit still make bid for the new royal baby too ,cos na toddler una dey always find up and down , just that the money go just wipe away Arsenal forever cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kcjazz(m): 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
AFC fans need a new signing so badly that any name excites. Who be Bernard? Sounds like a plumbers name.
Any name will do I guess even Yerima tongue

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
wenger transfer window still never open ko cheesy

make una sell bendtner quick make Wenger for complete him transfer budget so as to know which market e go buy ooo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Emfash(m): 2:16pm On Jul 23, 2013
It's highly unlikely Liverpool will sell Suarez to us ( a direct competition) unless Brendan Rodgers is stupidly naive like Wenger last summer (RVP comes to mind) which I doubt, his most likely destination is RM. Come to think of it, we might actually lose out on both strikers with Wengidis' pranks
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SIRcumalot: 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
E be like higuain don waka go napoli I sure say that rumoured 100mill wey dem give wenger dey fixed deposit
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Emfash(m): 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
Just watched clips of Suarez and his skills....worth every penny of 40Million GBP irrespective off his character. Cantona and Roy Keane were also crazy in their time. With Suarez, a solid center back (Ashely Wlliams), a back up keeper (Caesar) and a visionary holding midfielder (Fellaini) we can dream big this season. But, who am I to comment. According to few deluded fans, only Arsene 'knows'
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 6:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
Emfash: Just watched clips of Suarez and his skills....worth every penny of 40Million GBP irrespective off his character. Cantona and Roy Keane were also crazy in their time. With Suarez, a solid center back (Ashely Wlliams), a back up keeper (Caesar) and a visionary holding midfielder (Fellaini) we can dream big this season. But, who am I to comment. According to few deluded fans, only Arsene 'knows'

The arsene knows brigade is a thriving multitude
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Emfash(m): 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
I believe the phrase should be 'Depleting multitude' and this will continue depleting if he maintains his 'Ijebuman' policy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dabrake(m): 8:38pm On Jul 23, 2013
dabrake's agony

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.