Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:40 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2353401 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2580) (2581) (2582) (2583) (2584) (2585) (2586) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:11am On May 15, 2022
mostob:
Heard we are signing one Macquino from Sao Paulo... A 19 years old left footed winger...
Report says the signing doesn't affect Arsenal's transfer plans.
Na Ligue 1 or la liga fit that Macquinhos boy. He falls easily and barely a threat attacking. If they want SAmerican that bad, Richalison no far abeg.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coded01: 7:14am On May 15, 2022
AAA593:

Mock the club on top 4. Isn't it funny?

Who top 4 help? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 8:12am On May 15, 2022
mostob:
Chelsea bottled another FA cup final again grin grin

Liverpool sef fumbled. The match shouldn't have gone to extra time. Klopp suppose visit Emirate to collect manual.
Exactly my thought
Those 2 can't beat themselves

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:13am On May 15, 2022
daveP:
Na Ligue 1 or la liga fit that Macquinhos boy. He falls easily and barely a threat attacking. If they want SAmerican that bad, Richalison no far abeg.
well.. talking about falling easily, Is he at least at the level of Guen physically? And I don't know why Edu is so obessed with Brazilian players lately.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:15am On May 15, 2022
50d33q:

Exactly my thought
Those 2 can't beat themselves
If na arsenal now...even with academy boys, we would have wrapped it up in 90 minutes against Chelsea.. Chelsea na customer daadaa grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 8:18am On May 15, 2022
mostob:
If na arsenal now...even with academy boys, we would have wrapped it up in 90 minutes against Chelsea.. Chelsea na customer daadaa grin grin grin
We go shock them with late goal

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 12:03pm On May 15, 2022
Happy birthday Rambo
Continue beasting

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:54pm On May 15, 2022
Rubbish.. angry

Kane scores for Spuds from the spot
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Android22: 12:58pm On May 15, 2022
Arsenal fans should be worried. It seems like the FA want Tottenham in that 4th spot. I cannot understand the recent decisions they have going for them. From the PK against y'all to the one today.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AAA593: 12:59pm On May 15, 2022
They are arranging top 4 for spurs but God will disappoint them. That handball wasn't intentional at all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AAA593: 12:59pm On May 15, 2022
Another joke pk
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:17pm On May 15, 2022
Android22:
Arsenal fans should be worried. It seems like the FA want Tottenham in that 4th spot. I cannot understand the recent decisions they have going for them. From the PK against y'all to the one today.

Naaaa. Arsenal are not chasing the top 4 at all. We have achieved our season target by qualifying for Europa league and people have gotten their contract extensions for meeting the target, everything else na jara. I don’t believe the FA is interested in what you are making inferences to. Twice this year, Arsenal have been in control of the 4th position and we blew it, this has nothing to do with the FA or refs.

This is a team of mediocrity/ weak mentality and showing signs of lethargy and indifference to finishing 4th. It is a very thin squad that is now beat down and barely able to stay up by the 90th minute of most games, consequently, they have nothing left. The PK against Spuds was questionable I admit but we played very very poorly to deserve anything from that game.

While wins against United and Chelsea were great and repositioned us, it should not overshadow the fact that the team was playing poorly and had lost consecutive games against Palace and Brighton. Post United/ Chelsea we scraped wins against the Hammers and Leeds, finishing both games parking Dangote trailers and Bokoharam tested trailers.

Our only hope is for Burnley to perform some magic with hopes that we can get all 6 points from our remaining fixtures against Newcastle and Everton. Once again, we are in control.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Android22: 1:39pm On May 15, 2022
Roland17:

Naaaa. Arsenal are not chasing the top 4 at all. We have achieved our season target by qualifying for Europa league and people have gotten their contract extensions for meeting the target, everything else na jara. I don’t believe the FA is interested in what you are making inferences to. Twice this year, Arsenal have been in control of the 4th position and we blew it, this has nothing to do with the FA or refs.

This is a team of mediocrity/ weak mentality and showing signs of lethargy and indifference to finishing 4th. It is a very thin squad that is now beat down and barely able to stay up by the 90th minute of most games, consequently, they have nothing left. The PK against Spuds was questionable I admit but we played very very poorly to deserve anything from that game.

While wins against United and Chelsea were great and repositioned us, it should not overshadow the fact that the team was playing poorly and had lost consecutive games against Palace and Brighton. Post United/ Chelsea we scraped wins against the Hammers and Leeds, finishing both games parking Dangote trailers and Bokoharam tested trailers.

Our only hope is for Burnley to perform some magic with hopes that we can get all 6 points from our remaining fixtures against Newcastle and Everton. Once again, we are in control.

I agree that a serious club will not extend Arteta's contract as he has no hope of winning the league with the current managers in it. I also quite agree that Arsenal see qualifying for Europa as a success. But I don't think it is conspiratorial to also mention that the FA are therefore trying to help the more desperate team perhaps because they don't want Conte to leave the league. Funny enough, Mark Clattenburg agreed that the PK against yall the other day was dodgy. He said there would be 10 PKs per game if that is called and I have to say I agreed with him fully.

Sanchez fouled Barnes shortly before that sequence that led to the unnatural position, and Kane got that chance that he missed as a result of that same sequence. Nobody goes back to review the handball to give THFC another advantage from that sequence. It is unfair.

Your grievances against your club are warranted though. Maybe na because Arteta was an assistant manager in City that I have a soft spot for him but I kind of always want Arsenal to win whenever City is not involved.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2022
Android22:
I agree that a serious club will not extend Arteta's contract as he has no hope of winning the league with the current managers in it. I also quite agree that Arsenal see qualifying for Europa as a success. But I don't think it is conspiratorial to also mention that the FA are therefore trying to help the more desperate team perhaps because they don't want Conte to leave the league. Funny enough, Mark Clattenburg agreed that the PK against yall the other day was dodgy. He said there would be 10 PKs per game if that is called and I have to say I agreed with him fully.

Sanchez fouled Barnes shortly before that sequence that led to the unnatural position, and Kane got that chance that he missed as a result of that same sequence. Nobody goes back to review the handball to give THFC another advantage from that sequence. It is unfair.

Your grievances against your club are warranted though. Maybe na because Arteta was an assistant manager in City that I have a soft spot for him but I kind of always want Arsenal to win whenever City is not involved.

These are the types of conversation I like to have with people who despite their love for Arteta are pragmatic enough to know the truth. You make a great point/ argument about the Conte angle because the league remains marketable if it keeps it’s best coaches and players. We have allowed positions like yours about the FA and the refs get some credence because of our inconsistencies.

Personally for me, while I agree we can’t compete for the league against the current crop of coaches we have, especially Pep and Klopp, I thought the remaining 2 were possible, maybe I am expecting too much from Arteta and the players we have. I desperately hope we can keep it together and nick that 4th position because it would do us a lot of good.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 1:57pm On May 15, 2022
Roland17:

What are you saying please?

Which team is full of weak mentality? Team of so many young people pushing and pushing.

Cut Arteta some slack bro. We all know that NLD for a long time is always "win in your home, I win in mine".
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:05pm On May 15, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:07pm On May 15, 2022
Tottenham finally won their game so it means the pressure is on us.

I just hope we get that 3points tomorrow. The team and club have come too far to let this slip. They deserve that 4th.

Coyg!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 2:12pm On May 15, 2022
Jodera:

I just hope we get that 3points tomorrow. The team and club have come too far to let this slip. They deserve that 4th.

Coyg!!!

Oya now throw your cowries now.

Newcastle is an attacking game. If only we sort out our defence and still a midfield of eleny n xhaka. We will win that one
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:23pm On May 15, 2022
johnjunior39:

Oya now throw your cowries now.

Newcastle is an attacking game. If only we sort out our defence and still a midfield of eleny n xhaka. We will win that one
Lol . Which one be troway cowries? grin
I no be dibia oo cheesy

Omo, I can't even predict tomorrow's match now. I need to see whether Gabriel will be available or not. If he is, then our odds to win are higher, if not..... Hmmm.

I just really hope we win tomorrow, anyhow anyhow grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 15, 2022
50d33q:

You mean we conceded less when we had clowns as CBs shocked shocked
Wonderful we still need more defenders
Did you also know we didn't lose this much when the clowns were there last season
Make season end fess we go do throw back tire
I was going to visit this by end of season.
With the rubbish midfield of Guen and Xhaka we conceded less but Luis and Mustaffi were Arsenal’s problem.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by shrewd1(m): 5:49pm On May 15, 2022
daveP:
Arteta has proven in all redcard situations that he has no plan b. Especially when he tweaks things to cover the red. It only makes things worse.

I recall one time Mou was training inter guys to play with 9 players in anticipation of a red. That training paid off well.

Arteta coaches one of the best midblock/deepblock teams. Insert Holding into the arsenal team with one man down and only rodri has been able to breach artetas team when one man down.

So your statement holds little strength.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:25pm On May 15, 2022
Jodera:

Coyg!!!
Even though the target was to reach top 6, losing this 4th place will be difficult to swallow having come this close.

I hope the boys get the right mentality and know how to get past Newcastle. Honestly it will be painful to lose the slot to Tottenham Hotspur.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:30pm On May 15, 2022
shrewd1:

Arteta coaches one of the best midblock/deepblock teams. Insert Holding into the arsenal team with one man down and only rodri has been able to breach artetas team when one man down.

Bros thank you. I deliberately ignored that argument because it wasn't needed at that time.

Add the win over Wolves.

I could trust Arteta with a low block defensive tactics but he didn't do that for us
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:33pm On May 15, 2022
Everton come lose today, that means they are going to give it their all against us on the final day depending on how results go on match day 37.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 6:45pm On May 15, 2022
shrewd1:

Gee, any true gooner know how NLD Derby always go down since 2014 yet peeps are just making anyhow statements.

Even if it is Europa, I am proud of this team and what the have achieved with a slim squad that are mostly injury prone.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 7:36pm On May 15, 2022
Roland17:
Everton come lose today, that means they are going to give it their all against us on the final day depending on how results go on match day 37.
No if they get a win on mid week or draw they are safe cos of Burnley gd
So it's between Burnley and leeds
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:18pm On May 15, 2022
Spy360:

Even though the target was to reach top 6, losing this 4th place will be difficult to swallow having come this close.

I hope the boys get the right mentality and know how to get past Newcastle. Honestly it will be painful to lose the slot to Tottenham Hotspur.
E go pain me enter bone marrow if we lose out on top 4. These boys deserves it, nothing less.
Arteta deserves it also for what he did for us this season irrespective of what anyone might think.

We need to get that 6points
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:28pm On May 15, 2022
50d33q:

No if they get a win on mid week or draw they are safe cos of Burnley gd
So it's between Burnley and leeds

That means they can’t afford a loss during the midweek abi?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lordfave98: 8:51pm On May 15, 2022
AAA593:
Arsenal has been forced to loose this match, they was nothing Arsenal could have done to earn a point, the ref was going to give Tottenham the 3 points even before the game. It was arranged by the FA, ref and the VAR team. The ref was a disaster. The VAR ref was another disaster.
Exactly
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 9:04pm On May 15, 2022
Roland17:

That means they can’t afford a loss during the midweek abi?
Yes
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 9:32pm On May 15, 2022
As forwarded

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:30pm On May 15, 2022
shrewd1:

Feel free to see it that way. There are a lot of games that proves just what I'm saying.

Can Arsenal play with 9men under Arteta?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2580) (2581) (2582) (2583) (2584) (2585) (2586) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.