Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:55 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2353365 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2581) (2582) (2583) (2584) (2585) (2586) (2587) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:33pm On May 15, 2022
mostob:
well.. talking about falling easily, Is he at least at the level of Guen physically? And I don't know why Edu is so obessed with Brazilian players lately.
Guen is stronger by far. I dunno why no Africans are scouted to me. So far none in years. The others are brits from the academy but pure Caf footballer? None. If Osimhen come to Emirates, he's going to be the one to break that jinx. Edu should look round abeg. I love the Bologna connection though. Those guys make adaptation easy for Arsenal style.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:33pm On May 15, 2022
Jodera:
E go pain me enter bone marrow if we lose out on top 4. These boys deserves it, nothing less.
Arteta deserves it also for what he did for us this season irrespective of what anyone might think.

We need to get that 6points
They need to get off that loss from their heads as it's just a game out of 38. If we beat Newcastle and Everton it will mean nothing even to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:36pm On May 15, 2022
Roland17:

Naaaa. Arsenal are not chasing the top 4 at all. We have achieved our season target by qualifying for Europa league and people have gotten their contract extensions for meeting the target, everything else na jara. I don’t believe the FA is interested in what you are making inferences to. Twice this year, Arsenal have been in control of the 4th position and we blew it, this has nothing to do with the FA or refs.

This is a team of mediocrity/ weak mentality and showing signs of lethargy and indifference to finishing 4th. It is a very thin squad that is now beat down and barely able to stay up by the 90th minute of most games, consequently, they have nothing left. The PK against Spuds was questionable I admit but we played very very poorly to deserve anything from that game.

While wins against United and Chelsea were great and repositioned us, it should not overshadow the fact that the team was playing poorly and had lost consecutive games against Palace and Brighton. Post United/ Chelsea we scraped wins against the Hammers and Leeds, finishing both games parking Dangote trailers and Bokoharam tested trailers.

Our only hope is for Burnley to perform some magic with hopes that we can get all 6 points from our remaining fixtures against Newcastle and Everton. Once again, we are in control.

Burnley disappointed. Lol.

Imagine Newcastle draw

That means na Goal Difference go decide matter on mD38

I've been talking about such a scenario since md26. +24 far from +11. To avoid such, Newcastle suppose collect 5, which is very unlikely.

Odegaard has been subpar since Chelsea game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:43pm On May 15, 2022
It will be painful playing Europa no doubt. From 4points gap to now chasing Spurs. And those guys want to score more. Its not easy, but if it comes to europa, if he can't win it this type, he should be fired straight up. Yeah. Not to talk of the current transfer targets that 7/10 of them won't come if no ucl football.

One funny thing i expected from the Spurs game was Arteta frustrating Conte by defensive game. Its a negative thought and na why e dey vex the likes of Klopp and Pep. The aim is frustration of your opponent and also the big lesson of holding out and ginger gotten to players cos it shows their concentration is improving.

That would have gotten a result, especially as we are good on counters. Holding decided to be unfortunate.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 5:22am On May 16, 2022
Callum Wilson is back
Just a reminder folks
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:28am On May 16, 2022
W. Saliba has been named the Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year.

I have been one of his biggest advocate on this thread and have been frustrated with how he has been managed since he signed for us. Nothing is given, everything is earned and that is why he deserves a fair chance at the 1st team. That is not too much to ask for.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 6:27am On May 16, 2022
Roland17:
W. Saliba has been named the Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year.

I have been one of his biggest advocate on this thread and have been frustrated with how he has been managed since he signed for us. Nothing is given, everything is earned and that is why he deserves a fair chance at the 1st team. That is not too much to ask for.

Remember when we were questioning buying of defenders when the money would have gotten us good midfield maybe we won't be in this situation
I remember saying Dino and saliba can replace mustafi and luiz(our clowns)
Baba blew 50m on white and 25m on gabu
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 6:28am On May 16, 2022
Kokaneprodigy shebi you ready for throw back
We need to employ postdigger
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:50am On May 16, 2022
50d33q:
We need to employ podtdigger
Vayolenz Diz early morning? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:53am On May 16, 2022
50d33q:

Remember when we were questioning buying of defenders when the money would have gotten us good midfield maybe we won't be in this situation
I remember saying Dino and saliba can replace mustafi and luiz(our clowns)
Baba blew 50m on white and 25m on gabu
Na the 50m for white pain most people pass. Nothing really even concern most people concern that Gabriel deal especially as the money no too big and he's proved a competent defender. But you see that White deal ehh... grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:59am On May 16, 2022
Lush100:
As forwarded
Lol... I remember this ref that year.
After him retire, na him just dey open all the whole corruption and wickedness wey dey go on for PGMOL.

How they forced him to lie that he didn't see an incident so that they'll give innocent Nzonzi 3 match ban, how PGMOL always give bonuses to ref for awarding more yellow cards thus forcing refs to give yellows on stupid decisions, and so many different corruptions to favor some teams over another.

The guy really open their yansh!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:02am On May 16, 2022
daveP:
Burnley disappointed. Lol.

Imagine Newcastle draw

That means na Goal Difference go decide matter on mD38

I've been talking about such a scenario since md26. +24 far from +11. To avoid such, Newcastle suppose collect 5, which is very unlikely.

Odegaard has been subpar since Chelsea game.
Lol, even if Newcastle collect 6, what difference will it make?

We can't overturn that goal difference with 2 matches
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:36am On May 16, 2022
50d33q:
We need to employ podtdigger
When you tell people to be rational and pass judgements and decisions based on verifiable data they’ll say you are stanning a certain player or you are scapegoating another player and that you are being emotional.

Imagine the so called replacements that improved our defense and will win us league have conceded more goals than the “clowns” Mustafi and Luis and it’s not even end of season yet.

This is despite playing behind a much better midfield and attack compared to playing behind the combo of Willock, Xhaka and Guen.

Our last two summer transfers have been waste of priorities.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 11:50am On May 16, 2022
kokaneprodigy:

When you tell people to be rational and pass judgements and decisions based on verifiable data they’ll say you are stanning a certain player or you are scapegoating another player and that you are being emotional.

Imagine the so called replacements that improved our defense and will win us league have conceded more goals than the “clowns” Mustafi and Luis and it’s not even end of season yet.

This is despite playing behind a much better midfield and attack compared to playing behind the combo of Willock, Xhaka and Guen.

Our last two summer transfers have been waste of priorities.
Na this pain me pass
We condemn former defenders and these ain't doing better
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 12:45pm On May 16, 2022
Jodera:
Na the 50m for white pain most people pass. Nothing really even concern most people concern that Gabriel deal especially as the money no too big and he's proved a competent defender. But you see that White deal ehh... grin

I gallant for this table honestly, even here I cried for a striker all the time.

White is not bad but Saliba was actually ready. They first used Mari to mislead us.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 12:47pm On May 16, 2022
Let me sing my own now, I don't see the reason to but G. Jesus 50-60m when we have a short man Nekky. Not comparing the both but G.J is not a 20 goal a season striker his height is not okay.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:52pm On May 16, 2022
We were written off early in the season but somehow we turned everything around. How did we get to this desperate situation when we had everything to enter top 4?

The way we bottled this thing dey pain Ahswear
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 12:53pm On May 16, 2022
johnjunior39:
Let me sing my own now, I don't see the reason to but G. Jesus 50-60m when we have a short man Nekky. Not comparing the both but G.J is not a 20 goal a season striker his height is not okay.
We hardly score cross and nod so why looking for tall CF
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:44pm On May 16, 2022
Not sure White and Gabriel trained today....
Tomi and Xhaka might just play CB grin grin

Disaster loading
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:30pm On May 16, 2022
mostob:

Disaster loading
It is not easy managing such situations but we can do it if we believe. This is not the time for criticism or 'I said it' but a time to hold faith till we cross the finish line. Anything is possible, besides we have our destiny in our hands as against Spurs hoping we lose.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:36pm On May 16, 2022
johnjunior39:

I gallant for this table honestly, even here I cried for a striker all the time.

White is not bad but Saliba was actually ready. They first used Mari to mislead us.
Lol .. Mari own na money laundering. I still don't see his impact for us after that money we dash him club.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:41pm On May 16, 2022
mostob:

Disaster loading
The thing is, is there no CB in the academy that they can use to pair with Tomi? I mean, someone ought to be ready at least na.

Xhaka playing CB is weakening two positions— Midfield and defence.

Our Midfield will be open with Elneny and Sambi while our defence will be weak since Xhaka isn't even competent there. I'm not sure we've won any match Xhaka started in defence for us.

I've not even talked about Nuno introduction that might weaken the left side too.

Wahala for tonight grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:44pm On May 16, 2022
50d33q:

We hardly score cross and nod so why looking for tall CF
We hardly do cos we don't have CF that's dangerous aerially.

So many times Tierney, Saka and martinelli have crossed good crosses but nobody is always at the end of it.

I wish we can have a CF that'll be good aerially as well as with ground ball.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 2:52pm On May 16, 2022
Jodera:
We hardly do cos we don't have CF that's dangerous aerially.

So many times Tierney, Saka and martinelli have crossed good crosses but nobody is always at the end of it.

I wish we can have a CF that'll be good aerially as well as with ground ball.
Even when we do how many we score
btw all our cf are always tall rvp,adebayor,th14,auba if we join all these heads together them no score head reach giroud
Maybe its not our tradition
City cfs are short yet they score more header than us abi are those midgets( jesus,aguero,sterling) taller than any of our defenders to start with.
The only player that anticipate header in our front line is martinelli even nketiah hardly do that.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:07pm On May 16, 2022
50d33q:

Even when we do how many we score
btw all our cf are always tall rvp,adebayor,th14,auba if we join all these heads together them no score head reach giroud
Maybe its not our tradition
City cfs are short yet they score more header than us abi are those midgets( jesus,aguero,sterling) taller than any of our defenders to start with.
The only player that anticipate header in our front line is martinelli even nketiah hardly do that.
Well, maybe is not our tradition or maybe we don't want to make it an option.
Aside Auba and maybe Henry, the rest of adebayor, rvp and giroud score headers once in a while. Aside scoring, they always anticipate for headers when in the box.

I'm not saying we should be a cross and nod team, what I'm saying is that the team should have a striker (or attacker) that can give is another goal alternative through headers.
Now if we dont pass our way to goals, no hope for us except from our defenders during corner kicks.

It's another reason I would even love osimhen even though I know he might be an unrealistic target
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 3:13pm On May 16, 2022
Jodera:
Well, maybe is not our tradition or maybe we don't want to make it an option.
Aside Auba and maybe Henry, the rest of adebayor, rvp and giroud score headers once in a while. Aside scoring, they always anticipate for headers when in the box.

I'm not saying we should be a cross and nod team, what I'm saying is that the team should have a striker (or attacker) that can give is another goal alternative through headers.
Now if we dont pass our way to goals, no hope for us except from our defenders during corner kicks.

It's another reason I would even love osimhen even though I know he might be an unrealistic target
Once in a while
I can tell you city will score 2-3 in 5 crosses grin grin

Abeg una they vex me with this osihmen angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:19pm On May 16, 2022
50d33q:

Once in a while
I can tell you city will score 2-3 in 5 crosses grin grin

Abeg una they vex me with this osihmen angry angry
Lol.. wetin happen to Osimhen?
You no like am?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 3:23pm On May 16, 2022
Jodera:
Lol.. wetin happen to Osimhen?
You no like am?
Yes he ain't my type you suppose know na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:31pm On May 16, 2022
50d33q:

Yes he ain't my type you suppose know na
grin grin grin

Tho, I don't know your preferred choice.

Name your top 3 preferred strikers
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 3:37pm On May 16, 2022
Jodera:
grin grin grin

Tho, I don't know your preferred choice.

Name your top 3 preferred strikers
You suppose know i don't like gidigbo style cf chelsea are suffering from that skill-less elephant who had a good game against Mari
I want cf that can maneuver his way with dribble or even get Pk like saka does
Jesus, Darwin, Carwin lerwit
I will rather have nketiah than osihmen
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:02pm On May 16, 2022
50d33q:

You suppose know i don't like gidigbo style cf chelsea are suffering from that skill-less elephant who had a good game against Mari
I want cf that can maneuver his way with dribble or even get Pk like saka does
Jesus, Darwin, Carwin lerwit
I will rather have nketiah than osihmen
grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:08pm On May 16, 2022
I hope we make too 4 so we can have a striker like Osimehn with imposing figure upfront on our books .

(1) (2) (3) ... (2581) (2582) (2583) (2584) (2585) (2586) (2587) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.