Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:40 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2359775 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2578) (2579) (2580) (2581) (2582) (2583) (2584) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:52am On May 13, 2022
Roland17:

Lmaooooo..

Nwanna, abeg believe what you want to believe jare!

Oge adiro..
Na lie I lie?

Oge adiro my brother... grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:58am On May 13, 2022
Jodera:
You know all these agbero boys wey dey always dey aggressive normally without sense.
Then you now meet one and tell him to waylay someone In an aggressive manner wey police no go know. Then the stupid guy became 3x aggressive than what he normally is(without being smart) now forcing police to enter the matter.

That's how very stupid Holding was today. If there's last person I'll ever expect to disappoint me in this match, that's Holding.

He just literally gave Tottenham the advantage
I believe you 100% but blame Arteta for this.

There was no way Holding will hold his own against man marking Son on a high line. The pace and trickery of Son will only expose Holding.

We played the game with our usual tactics but to beat a team that is under pressure to win, your tactics have to change. If it were the other way around I doubt if Spurs will even have a shot on goal. They would have just sat back as they did against Liverpool and City.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:02am On May 13, 2022
50d33q:

You mean we conceded less when we had clowns as CBs shocked shocked
Wonderful we still need more defenders
Did you also know we didn't lose this much when the clowns were there last season
Make season end fess we go do throw back tire
Nor come carry your bad wishes give us just to prove say Mustafi is better than VVD angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:59am On May 13, 2022
Spy360:

I believe you 100% but blame Arteta for this.

There was no way Holding will hold his own against man marking Son on a high line. The pace and trickery of Son will only expose Holding.

We played the game with our usual tactics but to beat a team that is under pressure to win, your tactics have to change. If it were the other way around I doubt if Spurs will even have a shot on goal. They would have just sat back as they did against Liverpool and City.
I won't blame Arteta for that Tbh.
Holding was just mad!!

The task was simple to Holding — Man Mark Son. Seeing that Tottenham lack runners from Midfield to capitalise on an gap Son might have from dragging holding out of position especially since Tomi already had a hand on Kulu and Elneny and Xhaka was already on Kane anytime he drops deep, it was always a good idea.

But Holding did as if he was never smart to begin with, or maybe the tension of the Nld played its part. He just behaved madly and I was shocked.
From the first whistle, he started holding Son at any little opportunity he has. That's madness
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:05am On May 13, 2022
AAA593:
Arsenal has been forced to loose this match, they was nothing Arsenal could have done to earn a point, the ref was going to give Tottenham the 3 points even before the game. It was arranged by the FA, ref and the VAR team. The ref was a disaster. The VAR ref was another disaster.
Nothing the ref did that was wrong.
You can say the ref was strict and rightly so, but most major decisions he blew against us were spot on.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:10am On May 13, 2022
Spy360:

The defensive line was high. Note where Holding tackled Son for both yellow cards. The first was near the centre line, the second was after a simple overhead pass just as the ball that caused the PK. I mentioned all these things

Lol, the thing is that we were defending deep when Tottenham are Attacking. We weren't just parking the bus. And I buy into that too.

The two yellow cards from Holding was very foolish . No good and smart defender would be sent off for fouls like that. Holding just sabotaged Arteta's plan and arsenal's effort
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AAA593: 7:33am On May 13, 2022
Jodera:
Nothing the ref did that was wrong.
You can say the ref was strict and rightly so, but most major decisions he blew against us were spot on.
I am flabbergasted at this post. The ref's body language from the beginning was for spurs. The psychological pressure on arsenal players came from the ref via his silly awarded freekicks, over soft penalty and nonsense VAR calls on every foul committed by arsenal players.
The ref goofed big time.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AAA593: 7:35am On May 13, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, the thing is that we were defending deep when Tottenham are Attacking. We weren't just parking the bus. And I buy into that too.

The two yellow cards from Holding was very foolish . No good and smart defender would be sent off for fouls like that. Holding just sabotaged Arteta's plan and arsenal's effort
The first yellow card was never a yellow card. The real pressure was from the ref in that match
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:57am On May 13, 2022
AAA593:

I am flabbergasted at this post. The ref's body language from the beginning was for spurs. The psychological pressure on arsenal players came from the ref via his silly awarded freekicks, over soft penalty and nonsense VAR calls on every foul committed by arsenal players.
The ref goofed big time.
I don't know about body language but I always look at actions of ref in a match given that players are suppose to play to whistle and not looking at ref's body language.

Before Holding was brandished his first yellow card, he was warned after aggressively tugging and holding Son 2-3 time. It was at the 3rd attempt that he was given a yellow card after repeating same thing he was warned about. Fair if you ask me.

As for the penalty call. Cedric wasn't looking at the ball, he didn't jump, rather, he just bumped into Son without even any eyes on the ball. Without that bump, there's every chance that Son might head that ball(whether it's a goal or not is another talk entirely). Since Cedric impeded a goalscoring opportunity, no way that won't be given especially as it happened in front of the ref. Penalty all day if you ask me

I don't need to talk about the foolishness of Holding second yellow card. I believe you'll agree he was daft in doing what he did especially as Son would never get to that ball.

I know emotions are high and you feel arsenal where cheated but if you look at it logically(without putting your arsenal fan's lens on), you'll see the 3 decisions (2yellows and a Pk) was right all day

And you talk about free kicks given against us?
Even the free kicks, I don't see fault from him.

Maybe the foul on Saka by bentancur who the ref mistakenly adjudged that it was Saka who did the foul. Watch the action without Replay and you wouldn't blame the ref for that decision.

Odegaard's fall when he wanted to turn hojberg that he fell softly without contact because he was expecting one? Don't make me laff grin

Lastly, I don't know why you're blaming Var. Var is only needed for any critical decisions on the pitch and not for any foul that happens.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:54am On May 13, 2022
daveP:
actually its a high line. Holding is not fast so i wonder why such from Arteta. Besides Tomi should have faced Son. Toe to toe. A pity Tavares can't be trusted enough.
God bless you bro...you Sabi ball

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:54am On May 13, 2022
johnjunior39:
Is NLD sha, every wins in their own home but one thing is sure.

Tottenham should forget champions league next season
Arsenal is the one that should forget UCL.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:00am On May 13, 2022
Jodera:
Holding was just mad!!

The task was simple to Holding — Man Mark Son. Seeing that Tottenham lack runners from Midfield to capitalise on an gap Son might have from dragging holding out of position especially since Tomi already had a hand on Kulu and Elneny and Xhaka was already on Kane anytime he drops deep, it was always a good idea.

But Holding did as if he was never smart to begin with, or maybe the tension of the Nld played its part. He just behaved madly and I was shocked.
From the first whistle, he started holding Son at any little opportunity he has. That's madness
I beg to disagree. Holding can never Man mark Son... Holding was foolish for the red card but it is on Arteta.
Tomi should have been the one playing RB not Cedric...and playing a high line against Spurs was foolish...
Arteta really fumbled
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:02am On May 13, 2022
mostob:
I watched Brighton vs Tottenham match...
Arsenal needs to tightly mark Kane...
Brighton defended but not too deep...they restricted Spurs to just the half way line so there was no how the ball could get to Kane and Son. I think we should employ such tactic too. Give them the ball and block their Midfield but our defenders must be on full concentration.
And thinking about our attack vs their defence too give me small hope. We're not doing bad too grin
This was the strategy but Arteta blew it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 9:02am On May 13, 2022
mostob:
Arsenal is the one that should forget UCL.
Don't mind them, at this stage i won't be excited if we qualify
The manner we lost to the top 6 is very embarrassing to say the least we defended and lost like a coward
We were leading man utd until we started dropping back
liverpool home and away was an eye sore
Against city we attacked them scored, even guardiola never expected such coming from arsenal until ref decided to step in(this same useless paul tierney)
My conclusion we attacked city and almost got the result if not for ref, we attacked man utd and beat them well, we attacked chelsea and also beat them
Why should we defend deep is my problem when we can always take our chances with good attacking play
Even to defend we can't do it well
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:03am On May 13, 2022
mostob:
With Son's form, White would have been suitable but he can't handle Kane. If Holding will be playing, Tomi should play RB with Cedric at LB. Tomi vs Son...Asian war grin grin

Holding is rugged but not intelligent. Tomi is aggressive and intelligent. You need aggressiveness and intelligence to deal with a player like Son. If Holding should have mark anybody,it should have been Kane.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:12am On May 13, 2022
Tottenham will be playing Burnley and Norwich... A confirmed 6 points
Arsenal will be playing Everton and Newcastle...two tricky ties..

Holding suspended... White injured

My heart is telling me we can still make it since we are still in 4th but my head says make I forget UCL.

Lemme just follow my head to protect my heart. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 9:21am On May 13, 2022
mostob:
Tottenham will be playing Burnley and Norwich... A confirmed 6 points
Arsenal will be playing Everton and Newcastle...two tricky ties..

Holding suspended... White injured

My heart is telling me we can still make it since we are still in 4th but my head says make I forget UCL.

Lemme just follow my head to protect my heart. grin grin
Follow your head no be like jodera
He's still in pains from last season if we qualify accept it as consolation prize

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:13am On May 13, 2022
mostob:
I beg to disagree. Holding can never Man mark Son... Holding was foolish for the red card but it is on Arteta.
Tomi should have been the one playing RB not Cedric...and playing a high line against Spurs was foolish...
Arteta really fumbled
The thing is Son was playing CF from the Right side. Cedric can't mark him cos that'll leave sessegnon free. Arteta knows this that's why he told Holding (Rcb) to Man Mark Son and not allow him breath. Except of course you want Tomi to play Rcb.

Holding was just unintelligent.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:15am On May 13, 2022
50d33q:

Follow your head no be like jo.dera
He's still in pains from last season if we qualify accept it as consolation prize
grin grin..
What I do na? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:22am On May 13, 2022
50d33q:

The manner we lost to the top 6 is very embarrassing to say the least we defended and lost like a coward
Against city we attacked them scored, even guardiola never expected such coming from arsenal until ref decided to step in(this same useless paul tierney)
My conclusion we attacked city and almost got the result if not for ref, we attacked man utd and beat them well, we attacked chelsea and also beat them
Why should we defend deep is my problem when we can always take our chances with good attacking play
Lol..
You said our home game against Liverpool was cowardly but we attacked Chelsea. I guess because we won 4-2 you thought we attacked Chelsea. And I guess because we lost against Liverpool at home (2-0) that's why you thought we played cowardly. Funny!

Meanwhile, I don't know the deep defensive line (or defensive approach) you saw before the red card, cos I don't see it Tbh.

Na Holding I blame for all these things sha cos I know say we been dey attack each other very well before Holding brain fart
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:23am On May 13, 2022
Jodera:
The thing is Son was playing CF from the Right side. Cedric can't mark him cos that'll leave sessegnon free. Arteta knows this that's why he told Holding (Rcb) to Man Mark Son and not allow him breath. Except of course you want Tomi to play Rcb.

Holding was just unintelligent.
Tactic is about adjustment... When defending, Tomi will tuck in and when attacking, everybody will expand. Our tactic was rubbish yesterday. A defensive set up would have forced Son out wide.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:25am On May 13, 2022
50d33q:

Follow your head no be like jodera
grin grin
Na so bro.... This arsenal don do me shege.... Imagine we had won just 1 out of the 3 games we lost...we would be in UCL by now
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:25am On May 13, 2022
mostob:
This was the strategy but Arteta blew it.
Was it not same strategy of ystdy Arteta used?

1.We defended but not so deep
2.We Man marked son(which was the CF)
3.We still transitioned attack when we had the opportunity.

All these thing backfired cos of Holding red card. I believe a White would have done a better job than Holding ystdy.
The guy fvcked up
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:28am On May 13, 2022
50d33q:

I still think we should have been more defensive last night then set up a block in the Midfield. Every team has its own strength and Tottenham's are Kane and Son. Mark both out and Spurs will be ordinary. I watched their match against Brighton and I can tell you we would have at least get a draw against them yesterday. Arteta fumbled yesterday... It's not every match you play attacking tactic
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:31am On May 13, 2022
Jodera:
Was it not same strategy of ystdy Arteta used?

1.We defended but not so deep
2.We Man marked son(which was the CF)
3.We still transitioned attack when we had the opportunity.

All these thing backfired cos of Holding red card. I believe a White would have done a better job than Holding ystdy.
The guy fvcked up
Exactly but the red card that spoilt everything. I already expect Tomi to man mark Son but Arteta played Cedric instead..

BTW how did you see Cedric yesterday?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:39am On May 13, 2022
Jodera:

A low block means that the midfielders do the man marking while the defenders do the sweeping. Why was Holding man marking Son? That's not defending deep.

You have watched Arsenal defend deep before. Xhaka/Tomiyasu usually drops into CB to form a 5man defense. This may look somehow and probably may not have worked, but that's what I was trying to explain.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:39am On May 13, 2022
mostob:
Exactly but the red card that spoilt everything. I already expect Tomi to man mark Son but Arteta played Cedric instead..

BTW how did you see Cedric yesterday?
But Cedric/Tomi can't Man Mark Son cos Son played CF. The only way that will happen is if we pack bus and that will mean Saka not crossing the halfway line (to keep an eye on sessegnon).

If you fault Arteta's plan for not parking the bus, then I might get where you're coming from. But if the plan is to play what happened yesterday (almost akin to Brighton), then I don't see what Tomi can do even if he plays RB.

As for Cedric, I can't even rate any player ystdy. After the red card, it just went downhill from there. Before that we were playing well even though Tottenham was more aggressive and hungrier.

Na Holding spoil everything I swear. Arsenal under Arteta can't win game under red card
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:43am On May 13, 2022
Jodera:
Holding was just mad!!

Asking Holding to man mark Son is like asking a child to hold a hot piss, pressure will easily give in.

How many top defenders have successfully handled Son not to talk of Holding? I agree he acted to rash and foolish but what did we expect? I already knew after the first altercation they had that we may lose Holding in that match .

Besides, stop dreaming anytime we have match. I hate your dreams. Bad dream. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:47am On May 13, 2022
Spy360:

A low block means that the midfielders do the man marking while the defenders do the sweeping. Why was Holding man marking Son? That's not defending deep.

You have watched Arsenal defend deep before. Xhaka/Tomiyasu usually drops into CB to form a 5man defense. This may look somehow and probably may not have worked, but that's what I was trying to explain
This is parking the bus.

You can still defend deep and still keep highline. It just depends that when we attack the defence moves higher, when we defend even our attackers moves back and defence moves further back and that's what we were doing ystdy(defending deep). And that's also same thing Tottenham was doing before the red card. The only difference was that they were more aggressive which yielded them more turnovers thus more possession. Arsenal ourselves was growing into the game and calming Spurs knowing that Spurs where 3x more aggressive than normal before Holding happened.

I agree, we should have played the way we did against Chelsea (2nd leg) but I guess Arteta wanted to just finish it up ystdy if we can. Holding to me destroyed everything
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:55am On May 13, 2022
Spy360:

Asking Holding to man mark Son is like asking a child to hold a hot piss, pressure will easily give in.

How many top defenders have successfully handled Son not to talk of Holding? I agree he acted to rash and foolish but what did we expect? I already knew after the first altercation they had that we may lose Holding in that match .

Besides, stop dreaming anytime we have match. I hate your dreams. Bad dream. grin grin grin
Holding don hold Diego Costa, don hold Chelsea attack in our 4-2 win. Even most.ob was saying Holding should have Man Mark Kane. That's to tell you the confidence perhaps Arteta had in him. You don't need speed to disrupt a player movement. Being smartly aggressive and positioning would do that and even if he's beaten, Gabriel and Elneny was always there to mop up(watch the game to see it)

Holding wasn't just smart and that was my frustration

As for the dream. I swear, na to dey use am dey make money now oo.
This is the 3rd time it's happening and the correct score dey always shele.

E be like say na once a season e dey always happen
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:55am On May 13, 2022
Jodera:
This is parking the bus.

You can still defend deep and still keep highline. It just depends that when we attack the defence moves higher, when we defend even our attackers moves back and defence moves further back and that's what we were doing ystdy(defending deep). And that's also same thing Tottenham was doing before the red card. The only difference was that they were more aggressive which yielded them more turnovers thus more possession. Arsenal ourselves was growing into the game and calming Spurs knowing that Spurs where 3x more aggressive than normal before Holding happened.

I agree, we should have played the way we did against Chelsea (2nd leg) but I guess Arteta wanted to just finish it up ystdy if we can. Holding to me destroyed everything
Defending deep is parking bus na.

At least in that first half we were supposed to park bus. Let Saka and Martinelli play is FBs while the back four do cover up. We may change in the second by then the pressure from fans would have died out. Spurs fans were terrific to be honest.

As for our remaining games, we can win them all even though Spurs have the easier fixtures apart from Burnley who can get relegated if they lose to Spurs.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 11:09am On May 13, 2022
Jodera:
Lol..
You said our home game against Liverpool was cowardly but we attacked Chelsea. I guess because we won 4-2 you thought we attacked Chelsea. And I guess because we lost against Liverpool at home (2-0) that's why you thought we played cowardly. Funny!

Meanwhile, I don't know the deep defensive line (or defensive approach) you saw before the red card, cos I don't see it Tbh.

Na Holding I blame for all these things sha cos I know say we been dey attack each other very well before Holding brain fart
What happened in matches we attack
Be sincere

(1) (2) (3) ... (2578) (2579) (2580) (2581) (2582) (2583) (2584) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.